[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would a society of sentient spaceship creatures be like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: LuxelciorFormes.png (205KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
LuxelciorFormes.png
205KB, 800x600px
How would a society of sentient spaceship creatures be like?
>>
File: reeyUwh.png (89KB, 557x337px) Image search: [Google]
reeyUwh.png
89KB, 557x337px
check out the "bobiverse" books: Bob is a human mind in a von neuman machine.
>>
>>55248363
Anne McCaffery already did this series.
>Ship that Sang
>Ship that Fought
>>
>>55248363
was... was that even english
>>
>>55248653
What do you mean?
>>
>>55248614
Could also check out some of the Culture books. Excession is basically a bunch of sentient sort-of-spaceships-but-I-suppose-they're-AI-in-ships going "oh shit"
>>
Humans would work like our intestinal bacteria: Not self (like our immune system), but needed to function.

You could go horror in that the humans doesn't know of the ship sapiency, and follows orders from a captain that only shows in holograms.

You ca go deeper in that all human society is based on this lie. Entire city ships with a fake mayor, fake elections.

The players are trying to open the eyes of everybody, Matrix-style.
>>
>>55252500
I had a campaign concept once that took this a little step further. The vast living spaceships travelling through the cosmos basically need to get their dose of microbiota from somewhere. So in the same way that children get their gut bacteria from eating dirt and being generally unclean with everything around them, the people living on this ship were abducted from the Earth a long ass time ago. It passed by Earth at high speed, scooping up their entire city with a dimensional pocket essentially, and over generations people got so used to living there that they forgot their original introduction was non-consensual.

The ship doesn't even communicate with people, it just makes sure that they think it is *theirs* so that they defend it against invaders. BAM. Instant immune system with advanced problem solving capabilities. They can even remove debris that gets embedded in the hull, and deal with external parasites if they're too much of a bother.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.