/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some of the worst character backstories you have encountered.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 82

File: file.png (979KB, 985x1509px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
979KB, 985x1509px
What are some of the worst character backstories you have encountered.
>>
>>55247186
>high heels
>facing ass towards you
>red eyeshadow
>long locks of hair
>yaoi hands

He's just asking to be bent over a table.
>>
>>55247186
?
>>
>>55247223
the fuck are yaoi hands?
>>
>>55247230

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/yaoi-hands
>>
File: DD2_Asagi.png (351KB, 511x1173px) Image search: [Google]
DD2_Asagi.png
351KB, 511x1173px
Videogame character enters a portal and conveniently ends up in the game we are playing.
>>
I once had a player come to me with a homebrew slayer class which focused around small knives and fighting naked. He wanted to be from a hidden school of assassins not even the gods knew of, not even Ao as it was forgotten realms. With blades made from the souls of his dead parents, killed by gods. He wanted to have a mandate to kill all the gods and replace them with primal beast spirits.

As he tells me this, another player who is dead serious says he wants to play someone the other character raped in combat training and dedicated her life to see that he never rapes again.

I do not miss that group.
>>
>>55247383
I've encountered this too fucking many times, but that's because I used to hang out with creatively bankrupt freeform players on IRC. I was an idiot for expecting anything resembling imagination out of them. It's like inviting a retard to a game and getting mad when he drools on everything, shits himself, and breaks the hardwood gaming table with his retard strength.

>>55247186
Anything with rape in it.
>>
>>55247383
Weebshit is probably the single biggest red flag in a player.
>>
File: WHFRP-1.jpg (73KB, 206x301px) Image search: [Google]
WHFRP-1.jpg
73KB, 206x301px
>>55247567
>the entire thing you wrote there
>>
>>55247779
If you really want to be sad, one of those players was 55 and the other 41 during that year.
>>
For an AdEva game there was a gem of a Manufactured character who "looked like a patchwork of different body parts" that used a picture of Rei with a bunch of stitches all over her for a profile pic. She was apparently "half Angel," and had multiple personalities -one of them timid, one of them energetic, and one of them psychotic, natch.

That the GM didn't reject this out of hand pretty much sums up how the campaign went.
>>
>>55247186
The PC was the son of a wealthy noble.
The PC's father was the rightful king.
The PC had led an army to help his father get to the throne.
Even though the army fought great, due to his excellent leadership and skill in battle, they lost.
He was captured and put on a slave ship for ten years.
He escaped and rallied the prisoners and took over the ship.
As Captain, he fought pirates and kraken.
Lost the ship to an elven war ship.
Swam to shore, lived alone in the jungles.
Took over a headhunter tribe.
Crossed the mountains through an underground secret passage, killed many drow while doing that.
Reached the desert, fought off giant scorpion and nomads.
Made it to the inn and met the rest of the party.
He was a lv1 17 year old fighter.
No ranks of survival, boating, military, nobles, no diplomacy...7 charisma.

I mean c'mon...
>>
EotE online. A "female" doctor whose gender was listed under "Other" (We suspected trap) who was sexually hyperactive and got hired to our group for cheap after they were dismissed for bad touching patients at work. The GM (who'd take anyone on board with a correct Application) approved them just before playing so us players didn't have enough time to check the backstory.

My character got hurt and immediately got "treated" by the Doc.

And yes, the group did dissolve pretty quickly.
>>
>>55247186
Not mine, but it's that time again.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TGqNOvvc5Xi4XFdkEA9kn0D4oXEf-JYWTNXBS6qovm0/edit?usp=sharing

"Pain.

The first sensation I remember. Babies usually smile, they laugh, wrap their needy little fingers around smiling parent’s hands. I laugh. It’s cute, really, to think about. Truthfully though, as I lay here counting the patterns in the cement cracks, I’d have no idea what affection, love, or even a smile would look like. Not one that wasn’t tainted with blood, malice, or wicked enjoyment.

My father’s favorite past time -ah dear Lord Fassain Dumort- was showing me images of my childhood. Ones I don’t remember, ones I do, ones that I mistakenly admitted were fuzzy. Vampires, great lords like Father Dumort, love to play mind games. Many have often misconstrued my father for a psionic. He can’t hurt anyone, I’ve never seen him peel anyone’s skin off with his mind, but Lord Fassain does not need to physically hurt someone to leave them helpless. Sometimes a person’s memories, their fears, are the worst holes in armor. And, Great Lord Fassain makes sure none of his servants ever forget.

My earliest memories are fuzzy. The memories one creates as a baby are quickly buried as life unfolds. It hurts to forcibly rip them from the dredges of your mind. Dear Father knows this. Much of his free time was spent cutting my infant memories from my subconscious and putting them on display for my younger self..."
>>
"My character is mute".
>>
>>55248399
>Even though the army fought great, due to his excellent leadership and skill in battle, they lost.
>He was a lv1 17 year old fighter.
>No ranks of survival, boating, military, nobles, no diplomacy...7 charisma.
>due to his excellent leadership and skill in battle, they lost.
Sounds about right.
>>
>>55248399
All the same person? Holy shit.

Last character I wrote a backstory for was pretty simple. Tiefling in Cheliax Basically literal devil worshiper country for those who don't know, mother was barren and desired a child, made a literal deal with the devil and got impregnated. If he snapped his fingers or did the deed himself is open to interpretation.
>>
>>55248398
Oh come on. Tell me more!
>>
File: 1502255177202.jpg (238KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1502255177202.jpg
238KB, 3840x2160px
>>55247230
>>55247288
Both of you are the most disguting, putrid piles of shit I have seen in a long time. Lurk goddamn more you new fucking faggots.
>>
This is verbatim from an autist that joined a west marches I ran through a friend of theirs, which resulted in me kicking both this player, and all of their friends from the campaign.

"Dragon Witch" Reina Nesara is a High Elf with a pale cmplextion a prepetual frown on her face. shes taller then a avrage elf and walks with a gracce that subjests noble upbrining. she where fine clothes seperated in lously connected sections that draw attention to there desighn as much as they try to hide some of her fetures. the hood hides most of her face and knee length hair of light blue and white hang form bolth sides, if she takes of the hood her hair in back is tied in to two equaly long twin tails. white scales cover parts of her body and the ones on her forhead form some what of a scaley tieara.
>>
>>55247608
Why are you on an anime imageboard?
>>
>>55251731
It says "/tg/ - Traditional Games" at the top, fuckwit
>>
File: 1500539173544.png (351KB, 1760x1757px) Image search: [Google]
1500539173544.png
351KB, 1760x1757px
>>55251794
I repeat, why are you on an anime imageboard? You could just go back to r*ddit, you know.
>>
>>55251820
M8 this is a mongolian grass weaving board
>>
>>55247186
Got this from one of my players in my first campaign
>Frederik is a 36 year old tiefling paladin. He was abandoned by his birth parents at birth due to the pure darkness inside of him. Raising himself by his will to survive he managed to find a small cottage in the middle of nowhere who had humans who could not sense his darkness and decided to raise him. He lived a happy life with them until cultists burned his house down with him and his family inside. As you can guyess this traumatized the young tiefling but he survived, even though he saw his adopted parents die in front of him. He swore revenge on them and left home and was taken under the tutolage of a paladin who was attacked by some of the same cultits who he saved by impaling them on his horns. The paladin was greatful and decided to train the teen in all forms of combat. Frederick was rejected by the paladin order at first because of his darkness but he also showed them the hidden lightness inside him to and defeated all the paladins in a duel to test his purity. He know travels around looking for the rest of the cultists who killed his friendly family and prove that he can be good or bad, as long as you don’t mess with him.
>>
File: all weeaboo.jpg (182KB, 600x811px) Image search: [Google]
all weeaboo.jpg
182KB, 600x811px
>>55251794
Lurk the fuck more
>>
>>55251794
it says 4chan at the top. Oni-chan.
>>
File: 1463758000823.jpg (93KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1463758000823.jpg
93KB, 640x480px
>>55251794
Fuck you I kill you
>>
>>55251889
I thought it was a Chinese cat fart sniffing forum.
>>
>>55252183
Nah, it's a turkish pottery burning website
>>
>>55251946
>Frederik is a 36 year old tiefling paladin.
Okay. Not bad. Not bad. He's playing someone a bit older. This could go either way at this point.

>He was abandoned by his birth parents at birth due to the pure darkness inside of him.
Aaaaand I'm done. Let me off. Goodbye.
>>
>>55252202
This board is for canadian glassblowing. Potturks go and stay go.
>>
File: princess_party.jpg (229KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
princess_party.jpg
229KB, 760x596px
>>55248399
>He was 7 maximum when start leading armies
>>
>55252138
>55252070
>55251820

Youtube was founded as a social network
Reddit was founded as a news aggregator
Facebook was for uni students only

Shit changes, keep your weebshit in your weeb containment boards.
>>
>>55248837
how does it feel to be so pathetic that you derive satisfaction from trying to bar random people online from your special secret internet club
>>
>>55248469
Have you ever seen a PC who doesn't speak the common language be a power gaming move ?

I have in the first RPG I played. Stereotypical samurai pulled from the distant past, so he only spoke a dead language. We had another PC who could translate for him*.

Now for the powergaming part. The samurai was optimized for combat and was basically untouchable. In this system, characters could attack by hurling insults, which allowed them to take out PCs like that. But insults don't work that well when the insulter and insulted don't share a language.

*I joined the campaign after it started, so I don't know how the player of the translator was convinced to do so.
>>
File: IMG_1289.png (28KB, 941x352px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1289.png
28KB, 941x352px
>>55247567
Jesus fucking Christ, man.
>>
Literally made 10 seconds ago and provided a soul by one of the other players.

Anima is a wierd game sometimes
>>
>>55252418
>Shit changes
>keep your weebshit in your weeb containment boards.
jesus, end yourself. This has always been a weeb site, pretending it isn't is just fucking retarded. Even if you don't enjoy anime, don't pretend like this entire site isn't for weebs.

Never post again, idiot.
>>
Here it comes OP, Prepare the cringe.

>>55247186
one night of fall. I was on the rode going to -city name- when i heard a strange noise. i slowly turn back and see a huge and royal dragon. It was the most betyful, rare and imposing dragon that i had ever seen before. He was wonderful . I was terrified in front of that beast when i realize that her wing was bocks by a net. Then i take my hunting knife cut down the net. then the dragon stand and grab me by the arm before i realize i was in a donjon the dragon thank me for my help and in return help me to learnd the dragonisme language.

oui oui le dragonisme :D
>>
File: ow the edge.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
ow the edge.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>55247186
I'll never stop laughing at this one
>>
>>55247223

Just like yoko ono.
>>
>>55255865
Stop trying to force this meme, faggot. You're like the autistic kid everyone knew in high school who made one half decent joke and then repeated it ad infinitum, desperate for attention.
>>
>>55255840
>in battle skin is black
Alas, I too have my amount of visible melatonin increase when I become angry.
>>
>>55255973
Melanin, fuck. I guess I really have been taking those pills for too long.
>>
>>55255973
>Gets mad
>Falls asleep
>>
>>55255840
>Height 5'10
a manlet
>>
>>55248399
That would be a fun fake backstory for a compulsive liar.
>>
>>55255973
>>55255989
>I become sleepy when I become angry

Sounds like a weird hindrance you'd take during point buy character creation.
>>
>>55255973
Are you also 180lbs of pure mucle?
>>
File: 1493108250305.png (72KB, 211x244px) Image search: [Google]
1493108250305.png
72KB, 211x244px
>>55253468
>This has always been a weeb site

4chan fucking invented the usage of 'weeaboo' as a derogatory term for Japanophile you fucking newfag.

Yes 4chan was founded for anime fans but there's a pretty big gap between 'anime fan' and 'weeaboo'.
>>
>>55256044
That... is an excellent point. In the future I do plan a rogue type who is pretending to be a wizard. That kind of fake backstory sounds like fun.
>>
>>55247186
>Typical Young Adult tier female protagonist.
>Boring, bland, can't do shit, speak in sarcasm, pretend to be good looking and demanding "appearance" preferences.
>At least of these 4 in one campaign because they was dying of stupid reasons.
>One of them comitted suicide because "Nobody likes her, I want to make a new one and try again".
>Player created a character with different name, class and backstory.
>It's the same annoying bitch.

Character wasn'tt the worst thing I saw, but there was too many of them.
>>
>>55255923
>You're like the autistic kid everyone knew in high school who made one half decent joke and then repeated it ad infinitum, desperate for attention.

Just like yoko ono?
>>
>>55252352

Underwater basket weaving, plebs.
>>
>>55256249
Kek
>>
File: WHNMaP7.jpg.png (235KB, 862x1000px) Image search: [Google]
WHNMaP7.jpg.png
235KB, 862x1000px
This character only happened because we were playing with a brand new DM and everybody in the group was being a dick.

>Guy grew up as a science experiment by mind flayers
>Trained him to be an expert in all forms of combat
>Modified him with angel wings and a demon arm
>Gave him a scythe to fight with
>Totally min maxed the fuck out of him so he can literally fight CR 10 bosses by himself at level 5.
>Personality wise he's a total dick and fucks over every other member of the party
>Ultimately actually kills another party member because he was getting too powerful.

And the worst bit is that the player was a complete sperg and played him completely straight. It was still a fun campaign, but I remember this guy almost ruining it.
>>
>>55247186
The BS for EotE and FaD starter characters, eg the ones you get with the book, is literally BS.

Other than that, someone once made an orphaned little girl. I strongly suspect the character never had an actual, written bs.
>>
>>55256245
If she'd bothered to integrate the karmic cycles and the constant heap of fail into her story, it could have turned into a great character.
She could have been the female shinji if she had just bothered to connect the dots she made herself.
>>
I have a friend that gets TOO creative when making characters. The thing is he makes extremely flawed characters. At least he really commits to role playing them. When asked about it he says that it's because otherwise he makes them too perfect.

This was for a zombie campaign:
>Meet Pedro Danilo da Silva, a brazilian-mexican hunter who lives in the Amazon jungles poaching endangered species
>illiterate, although he knew some english for the sake of the campaign
>spoke in third person like a cartoon caveman and referred to himself as "Indio"
>ugly motherfucker missing an eye
>addicted to booze and whores
>enemy: Green Peace

When I ran a 7th sea campaign, he wanted to make one of the norse equivalents, a Vestenmansomething. The first thing he said was he was a virgin that stalked a cute girl that worked at a shop. We all cringed a little, so we worked on it.
>Viking (I forget his name) lived in the slowly transitioning part of the viking countries
>his father was a fisherman and taught him the trade
>girl is his lover but her rich merchant father forbids it and takes her away from the place
>his father dies in a fight because of a dispute over some fish or something
>skald that travels around teaches him how to fight with a sword
>joins the crew to travel around and find his waifu
He still role played a sperg viking brute but it was definitely better than what he had planned.

Some of his less notorious characters include a zealous christian detective for a CoC campaign and a "fat nigger elf" for a campaign that never happened, thankfully.
>>
>>55256221
>4chan fucking invented the usage of 'weeaboo' as a derogatory term for Japanophile you fucking newfag.
Think harder, retard. The joke was rooted in the original Weeaboo comic, and literally meant that one Alice in Wonderland parody. You ARE a Japanophile by being here, you have no business whining about it, and doing that means it's a paddlin'.
>>
>>55256221
>there's a pretty big gap between 'anime fan' and 'weeaboo'.
Not anymore, with the way it's used.
>>
File: Harvest_Teen_Titans.jpg (828KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
Harvest_Teen_Titans.jpg
828KB, 900x1350px
>>55256417
Sounds like that guy read too much teen titans.
>>
>>55252519
>In this system, characters could attack by hurling insults, which allowed them to take out PCs like that.
Man what
>>
>>55247186
Game: Dark Heresy
Subject: That Guy, joining the game out of audacity and spite (he was allowed to stay in the hopes of storytime)

A sheriff serving on his same homeworld, a planet of numerous high mesas where the vast majority of the lower atmosphere is occupied by continuous roiling storms, forcing the human colonists upwards where they are forced to rely upon aeronautical craft to get from one mesa to another. He was from a unit called the "Storm Hawks", a group of island-hoppers who delivered TRUTH AND JUSTICE to backwater provincial towns. He had a rose quartz necklace given to him by his mother, who died during childbirth, and he believes this necklace has some significance in his life. He's a fair man of the law and not one of those horrible neo-nazi fascist fucks like Space Cops usually are, and he's atheist and smarter than all of those peasants worshipping some Emperor he's never met.

This was his refined backstory after 3 hours of stuttering, hemming, hawing, refusing to look at the rulebook, and basically declaring what he wanted and telling the people who actually knew how the game worked to figure out how to let him do it.

(Cont'd, 1/?)
>>
>>55247186
Not a specific sample, but I have never had a good dragonborn/scalie character. They've all been edgy self-inserts who play up the "chaotic evil" angle in the most obnoxious, uninspired way possible.
>>
>>55260050
>Storm Hawks
I remember that show.
>>
>>55248458
Touch

I remember touch
>>
File: 1502076490312.gif (364KB, 208x319px) Image search: [Google]
1502076490312.gif
364KB, 208x319px
>>55252474
Much better from deriving satisfaction and pleasure from being a fucking idiot that can't use an online search engine, a 20 year old invention. How does it feel to be actively advocating for the decline of quality in discussion and increase of people being retarded? Or, more likely, you're a stupid, new, normalfag that's so far below the baseline you think everyone's just making a sarcastic in-joke when they tell you to lurk more or that you're fucking stupid. Go somewhere else you low-iq neurotypical apple-product using subhuman faggot nigger.
>>
>>55260050
It would actually have been a decently interesting backstory if he had ever actually tried to justify any of what he was doing, and if it wasn't blatantly stolen from shitty cartoons. He built as a Frontier Worlder/ Adeptus Arbite/ Ace, and dumped all of his EXP into maxing out his Voidship skill while neglecting Aeronautica or anything with utility or investigation at all. We tried to explain the difference between Voidship and Aeronautica, but he didn't want to hear it because HOLY SHIT I CAN PILOT A SPACE SHIP.

So basically he's a Sheriff of the Space FBI who never deploy to their homeworlds to maintain neutrality and value of the law over local culture, who is serving on his homeworld because he said so. The character's job required diplomatic skills and the ability to pilot aircraft, neither of which he even put a single point into, because SPAAAAAACE. The way that he spoke showed that he had a massive Antitheism Boner that no libertarian utopia could quench. He also never provided any sort of reason why his character would ever be offworld, let alone why he would be on the planet we were starting the game on. He considered it railroading that we didn't just completely scrap the 3 sessions of established relations on a different planet and immediately translate to the adventures of Quickdraw McGraw the Starship Captain and some other people, too.

You don't want to know what his original concept was that he had to be talked out of playing.
>>
File: 1503497564978.jpg (129KB, 870x675px) Image search: [Google]
1503497564978.jpg
129KB, 870x675px
>>55260195
>>
File: pain.png (14KB, 201x212px) Image search: [Google]
pain.png
14KB, 201x212px
>>55248124
>>
File: file.png (36KB, 423x365px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
36KB, 423x365px
>>55247567
Any more stories of awfulness?
>>
>>55251946
I don't thinks it is that bad, once you go past the bad writing.
I mean, sure all that about his true fathers abandoning him at birth has been cliched to death, but it can be played well.
>>
>>55251946
A paladin who fights against inner darkness or even one who embraces darkness as a sort of "light" but still follows righteous ideals could be interesting, but the rest of that story is just so painfully generic.
>>
File: SU23.png (806KB, 494x768px) Image search: [Google]
SU23.png
806KB, 494x768px
>>55247186
I like Shadow
>>
>>55256945
What a twist ending
>>
>>55260198
Yes we do
>>
>>55256013
"YEAH, WELL FU-" HOoOoOonk GrOoOoOonk
"Is he... snoring?"
"Yeah, seems about right."
>>
>>55260347
>that smug shit-eating grin in the bottom right corner
wtf i love shadow now
>>
File: Arrogant Orangutan.png (906KB, 801x623px) Image search: [Google]
Arrogant Orangutan.png
906KB, 801x623px
>>55255923
Those kids always tried to follow me. I'd ask them why they acted half their age and they'd tard-rage.
Now they all play 40k.
>>
>>55256417
scythes require martial weapon proficiency which implies he isn't a full caster so I'm guessing he wasn't actually min maxed or was using broken home-brew
>>
>>55260347
He can be fun when the plot doesn't revolve around him.
>>
>>55260666
>Trained him to be an expert in all forms of combat
Meaning he had a level into fighter.
>>
>>55260738
I think that's only really a good idea in 5E for casters but scythes aren't stated in 5E I'm pretty sure, who knows, I have a feeling that this guy was either using home-brew or didn't actually exist
>>
File: Misunderstanding Bleat.png (126KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
Misunderstanding Bleat.png
126KB, 650x650px
>>55260417
When we originally explained 40k to him, all he evidently heard was "DEMONS", "MAGIC", "RELIGION", and "LASERS".

He proceeded to announce that he was going to play a cross between John Constantine and Dr. Strange: a master exorcist who was also an atheist and therefore superior to all of these Emperor-worshipping plebians who was a sorceror of unlimited power at the same time who could manipulate reality however he wanted.

We heard, "Alpha-plus Psyker who actively and frequently decries the Church of the God Emperor." The character concept never made it to paper, it was just so hilariously self-indulgent and went against everything 40k stood for according to us, but we thought that if we went back through and explained it again with emphasis and offered ideas on how to improve his next concept, then we could come to enough of an agreement to let him finish learning through direct interaction with the setting via roleplay.

We were wrong.
>>
File: ITB1.jpg (702KB, 1200x707px) Image search: [Google]
ITB1.jpg
702KB, 1200x707px
Besides Mr. Literally-always-plays-a-samurai-named-ryu, I was the most That Guy out of my friends back in the day. Here's my first character, tell me how ThatGuy he is on a scale of 1-10.
>James Kyler
>Orphaned at a young age in an accident that only he survived due to a healing factor mutation he had.
>Gaining this power so early he never really developed any real sense of danger.
>At the orphanage he would take dangerous dares for money, earning him the name "Kamikaze Kyler".
>Deciding to make a career out of this, he became a Hollywood stuntman.
>Hired for a role in which he fights with a pair of katana, he moved to japan to learn to wield them.
>Still desperate for a father figure, when the old Swordsmith that was teaching him took him in, he decided to stay and master the art of Bushido.
>Years later he returned to America to help deal with the sudden zombie apocalypses that had sprung up.
>>
>>55260786
There's stat'd rules for everything that character did in 3.5
>>
File: freddykek.jpg (14KB, 204x247px) Image search: [Google]
freddykek.jpg
14KB, 204x247px
>>55255840
>Name:Shadow
>(Pale Skin(In battle skin is black)
i fucking died
>>
>>55261019
Is it possible to solo a cr 10 creature at level 5 as a martial or gish in 3.5, genuinely curious
>>
>>55260995
>Kyler
Honestly out of all of the rest of this, that name is what bothers me the most because it forces me to take into account that there are probably people who would name their kid something like that.

Sometimes I think the Danes are right to have a state-mandated list of first names for babies that aren't fuckin' weird.
>>
>>55261077
There are people named Reagan, Kennedy, and Skyler out there. Not surnames, but actual personal names. Kinda fucked.
>>
>>55251946
>defeated all the paladins in a duel to test his purity

How the hell do you test purity by duking it out in the ring?
>>
>>55261077
His ancestors practiced the ancient and honorable craft of kyling. Nothing wrong with the name, mate.
>>
>>55260508
Just like yoko ono.
>>
>>55261185
How do you test purity WITHOUT duking it out in the ring ?
What are you, a wizard ?
>>
>>55261072
Sometimes, if you do it right. Get fly by attack and you just become unkillable to a lot of things.
>>
>>55260137
Pictures came with touch
A painter in my mind
Tell me what you see
>>
>>55252474
Faggots>>55248837
>>55247288
>>
>>55260995
>ThatGuy he is on a scale of 1-10.

To be fair, in a pulpy balls to the walls zombie game he would just hit the basic requirements for me, but hit them well.

i'd give him a 3/10 on that guy scale.
Hard to handle character concept, but generally playable and has a good chance to become fun for everybody on the table.
>>
>>55260995
>Here's my first character, tell me how ThatGuy he is on a scale of 1-10.
2/10, it's just something a typical teenager would come up with and doesn't seem particularly disruptive.
>>
File: LIfq5NV.png (314KB, 717x436px) Image search: [Google]
LIfq5NV.png
314KB, 717x436px
>>55255840
>his parents where killed by criminals
Damn those criminals, maybe they even were murderes.

>he botteled up his rage in a closet at the age of eleven and went "insane" at fifteen.
Did he stay in that closet for four years ?

>in battle his skin is black
i have no sass for that... i'm just stumped.

>for those who have caused his aloneness
And his frighteness.
>>
>>55251794
>putting bait in your mouth
Gross.
>>
>>55248837
>Treating knowledge of gay fetish terminology like some sort of requirement in his special internet club.

I'd tell you to suck a dick but I bet one is already down your throat 24/7 you fucking idiot.
>>
>>55252519
Risus?
>>
File: 1450963409472.jpg (126KB, 492x492px) Image search: [Google]
1450963409472.jpg
126KB, 492x492px
>>55251794
this nigga serious?
>>
>>55261444
That was literally what he did. He'd just fly in, slash them with the scythe, and fly away before attack of opportunity.
>>
>>55247186
I'm ruined for life on lesbian tieflings. So many lesbian tieflings.
>>
>>55260195
>quality discussion
>>
>>55256024
But he's got 180 of pure mucle
>>
I don't have a problem with it as a concept, but every time I see a male play a female they end up going for the whole "tee hee, I'm so girly" style. It's annoying as fuck and I want to punch the players responsible so fucking badly.
>>
I like this thread like a fat kid can't stop eating cake.

Please continue my fellow /tg/uardsmen.
>>
>>55264344
Yeah, Fly By Attack puts you up to a whole class of power. I put it on a wendigo once, most overpowered character I ever played.
>>
File: 1444367-guybrush.jpg (5KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1444367-guybrush.jpg
5KB, 320x320px
>>55260034
>>
File: deapool poster.jpg (88KB, 752x1062px) Image search: [Google]
deapool poster.jpg
88KB, 752x1062px
>>55247186
Deadpool.
Same name and everything.
In a setting that was basically normal Earth.
>>
File: knowledge.gif (941KB, 627x502px) Image search: [Google]
knowledge.gif
941KB, 627x502px
>>55248398
Please tell us, how much of a trainwreck it was?
>>
File: no country.jpg (51KB, 814x500px) Image search: [Google]
no country.jpg
51KB, 814x500px
>>55251794
>>
If I have one more female player play a timid princess that grows into her own becoming a confident ass kicker, I'm going to blow my brains out. It's fine the first few times, but it's starting to physically cause me pain when EVERY FUCKING CAMPAIGN I RUN HAS THIS SAME CHARACTER
>>
>>55267084
hmm. I'm currently playing with the only girl I've ever played extensively with and It occurs to me she's playing exactly this.
>>
File: shadow prepares for battle.jpg (135KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
shadow prepares for battle.jpg
135KB, 960x640px
>>55255840
it need this one as a follow up!
>>
>>55267122
thanks, I know I can count on you whenever I post that
>>
File: 1499383412390.png (40KB, 152x254px) Image search: [Google]
1499383412390.png
40KB, 152x254px
>>55267122
>that feel when your meme catches on and you see someone else post it.
FeelsGoodMan.
>>
File: gg but bg.jpg (32KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
gg but bg.jpg
32KB, 500x500px
>>55247186
Characters that have no backstory and personality while the player just plays on his phone all game.
>>
>>55267084
Could be worse, the girl in question could be as above, but even after overcoming trials is still the exact same character they were at session 1.
>>
>>55256348
>it's a Croatian decoupage message board
>>
>>55260995
Borderline Axecop tier/10
>>
>>55247186
what's the deal with Shadow?
>>
>>55267958
Refer to
>>55247223
>>
>>55250116
It hurt to read that, jesus.
>>
>>55247223
This is the post of the day!
>>
>>55247186
There was this girl in a Pathfinder campaign once. She was playing a character from the East Asian stand in country in Golarian. However, she refused to respect the rules of the world. Her character dressed in a stereotypical, Elegant Gothic Lolita outfit complete with a little top hat canted off to the side.

Also she wrote out this backstory about how her character was the maidservant to a princess who got overtaken by a demon king or something. It was so melodramatic, so ridiculously overwrought that the DM read it aloud to us when she wasn't there and we were all laughing uncontrollably because it was SO BAD.
>>
>>55266539
The alternative is the dude going on a quest to regain his dick.
>>
>>55267958
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2Qa2J4j3_8
>>
The most generic, nothing thing I've ever read for a story about people with fucking super powers I've ever read

Marcus grew up a normal lifestyle in new remington, having many friends who played with him, but after some time, all his friends started to gain superpowers. The kids began to find it not fun to play with someone without powers casting Marcus aside. Marcus walked down the street, kicking rocks and rubbish out of the way until he kicked a battery, the battery flew off with sparks flying everywhere. Shocked, he chased off after it. Picking it up, small sparks formed around Marcus’s hands, the battery gave Marcus the power to control electricity.

Marcus chose to join the hero academy to show off his power to the world.

And the character art is just the main dude from Darker than Black. who Also controls electricity.
>>
>>55247383
But she's Waifu tho so its o-fucking-kay
>>
File: 1de.gif (125KB, 200x160px) Image search: [Google]
1de.gif
125KB, 200x160px
>>55247567
>>55248124

Any more stories about them ?
>>
>>55268949
so he just stole his character concept from an anime?
>>
>>55256229
Have him palm wands for his magic. Stack UMD
>>
>>55269042
I'd argue that It wasn't even a concept. The backstory is so fucking nothing. He saw the character and the power and thats it, the story was just like a 30 second word vomit.

I wish he stole the concept too. his character is basically nothing as well in the game.
>>
>>55268949
Hei's collarbones don't deserve to be wasted on that shitshow.
>>
Had a player once who had to reroll after losing his last character, and he made his new one come from the not!asia of the setting, located way up North, and then had his backstory involve his village getting attacked by the same mysterious character from his last backstory (who was shaping up to the BBEG).
He was so baffled when I tried to explain to him that a pirate isn't going to travel across the entire world, to near the arctic, to raid some shitty Asian village.
>>
>>55268983
Asagi is basically a meme after all these years, and the game she finally got to star in as a protagonist is mobile trash because gotta keep the "nothing good ever happens to Asagi" curse going.
>>
>>55269118
also in the previous characters backstory, he rescued him from slavery and taught him how to defend himself, and now he's slaughtering a whole village of people for no reason.
>>
File: 1504123538895.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1504123538895.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>55251794
>>
>>55269139
Look, you're pretty much right
But she did get those PSP games where she was pretty invovled, the Prinny Spin offs

I'd kill for a disgaea game, or even a few chapters where she can at least be following the PCs around and fucking with them ala midboss or something
>>
>>55269176
Yeah the prinny games were pretty good.
>>
>>55260347
Comic Shadow is great, though I might just think that because most of his appearances come with Omega who is easily the second best character in the franchise after Eggman.

>>55267958
Pair the Sonic fandoms autism with a character that appears to be "even cooler Sonic". His spin-off didn't help.
>>
Since we've had people asking to That Guy rate their characters I'll drop in.

>shadowrun
>FemOrc shaman (voodoo)
>born in the upper ranks of the Caribbean voodoo scene
>has the touch of magic. Immediate contender for her mother's position
>also a few shades lighter then the locals
>Hardline traditionalist aunts jump on her looking just outsider enough to try and get her claim revoked
>aunts gain little traction until she displays hints of mild mental instability
>the platform for removing her grows from "she looks wrong!" to "crazy white girl" overnight. Suddenly much harder to deny
>exiled at 12 (im told shadowrun orcs mature significantly faster then humans)
>sent to the middle of Germany to rot in obscurity
>the logic was anywhere else and she might be discovered and used by other elements within the voodoo community for leverage against the Caribbean power base
>by session one she is a fortune teller operating out of an abandoned radio shack. Selling rumours, slivers of half-trained magic and legitimate clairvoyance for pennies.

Tia Dalma the orc, more or less
>>
>>55269118
>a pirate isn't going to travel across the entire world, to near the arctic, to raid some shitty Asian village.

Why?
>>
>>55267084

All the girls I play with tend to play orc barbarians, seems like it's a problem with your people my man
>>
>>55268256
Using anything involving japanese pop culture like """""""goth loli""""""" shit should be immediate grounds for removal from a campaign
>>
>>55269243
I don't think there's anything wrong with this necessarily. What mental illness, though?
>>
>>55269986
Nothing terribly exact. I've spent enough time role playing and then lurking here to understand the razor line between "mental illness done well" and "memeing cunt" so I will be keeping it to a middling touched-by-the-gods vibe. Random laughter, bringing back odd details from magical scouting. Things that could cause problems in proper society
>>
File: bomber 2.jpg (498KB, 998x1600px) Image search: [Google]
bomber 2.jpg
498KB, 998x1600px
>>55255840
>>
An old friend asked me to run a session,so I was trying to get a d20 the Authority game off the ground. I have a good sense of humor and don't mind a little silliness, bit I wanted to run a serious campaign. I asked her what she would like to play so I could help her build a character.

"I want to be narcoleptic!"
Soooo, does she have tonne asleep to use her powers? Is it some kind of astral form thing?
"No, I don't care what powers she has! I just think it would be hilarious if she randomly fell asleep!"

Keep in mind the authority is about incredibly high powered heroes tackling world ending threats and overthrowing corrupt governments.
>>
>>55260940
>and therefore superior to all of these Emperor-worshipping plebians
That should've gotten him a bolter-round through the noggin.

>who was a sorceror of unlimited power at the same time who could manipulate reality however he wanted.
That Definitely should've gotten him a bolter round through the noggin! plus a few bursts of flamer promethian.

>We heard, "Alpha-plus Psyker who actively and frequently decries the Church of the God Emperor."
Oh! so you noticed too!
>>
>>55261680
>Did he stay in that closet for four years ?
would it surprise you if he did?
>>
File: 1935-4803-11425.jpg (21KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
1935-4803-11425.jpg
21KB, 576x432px
>>55247223
>>
File: 1463187082129.png (16KB, 167x230px) Image search: [Google]
1463187082129.png
16KB, 167x230px
>>55248837
>>
>>55260198
What happened next?
>>
A player send me this as a backstory. what do you think

>Auron Sinistra was born in a small human village near Mount Hotenow. He lead a relatively normal live as a rube until he reached the age of 5. Despite being poor and only having his single parent mother he was a optimistic happy child. However, one day out of nowhere his father; that he has seen 4 times his entire live, showed up looking pale and absentminded mumbling something about the 'Joestars". Auron didnt know much about his ancestors, the only thing he was told me hes mother is that he is a descendant from Dio, a great warrior who is fighting against the Joestar bloodline, a family which was guilty for many death of his relative, preventing them to terrorize this world. His father didnt say anything at first, instead he gave Auron a tarot card saying: "We will never see us again, please survive for my sake." He left without saying another word... Soon after this incident a horde Zombies attacked and destroying the village leaving only Auron, who the zombies couldnt approach since an uknown force was tearing them apart, alive. Auron was terrified and near a mental breakdown at first, but after some time a other feeling flamed up inside of him. Hatred. At has to be the Joestar family", he thought. After striving through the area for a few days filled with pure wrath he accidentally discovered a giant tribe on Mount Hotenow. They pitied the emaciated Child, looking like he could die sooner or later. Without the wrath pushing him he probably would have died already. Needless to say, he did lead a good life with the peaceful giants teaching him their language and survival in the wild. At the age of 16 his life took yet another direction.

cont.
>>
>>55274818
>A skinny rather small man named Salvatore Zeppeli showed up, saying something to Auron. He was shocked seeing a strange spirit standing beside Salvatore. Nontheless Auron lived 11 years with the giant tribe only speaking their language, thus only able to make out very few of what the man said. But after he heard the name "Joestar" he decided to follow the mysterious man, once again pushed by his wrath. It took Auron 4 years to be rehabilitated into human society, learning the common language basic cooking and manners under the guidance of Salvatore. After that Salvatore finally told him about stands and the truth about the Joestars and Dio Brando, saying Dio was the true evildoer. Even hearing that from a man he had grown to be a good friend of his in the last 4 years Auron didnt change his mind. It was already to late for him since his hate for the Joestars only grew all these years, so he suspected Salvatore to be a subordinate of the Joestars trying to trick him. However, since he still wanted to know about this so called stands he held his emotions back. After a rather short amount of times he learned all things you need to know about a Stand. Auron was even able to activate his Stand and interact with the surroundings through the Stand. In the end he left Salvatore trying to to get his revenge. For 3 years he worked as a bartender at a little tavern when suddenly...
>>
File: No Chance.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
No Chance.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>55260940

Works for Black Crusade. Or for a boss-level enemy.For Dark Heresy, though? No chance.

Did he ever realize that by default the characters are serving the Inquisition, or was it changed in your game?
>>
>>55267586
>It's a Chris Hansen honeypot message board.
>>
>>55275143
>not a cannibal executioner interweb
>>
File: 7cb.jpg (117KB, 680x1164px) Image search: [Google]
7cb.jpg
117KB, 680x1164px
>>55274818
>>55274834
HOLY SHIT IS THAT A JOJO REFERENCE????
>>
File: 1484248994751.jpg (147KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1484248994751.jpg
147KB, 960x720px
>>55274818
>>55274834
You aren't playing a Jojo game, are you? Even if you were, this seems a bit bleh.
>>
>>55269243

I didn't watch PotC after the second movie, but that could work great with an okay player. I can totally imagine a half orc hobo shaman in a neo-German ghetto. Crap, I wouldn't mind trying it out!

One of the worst guys I have ever had the misfortune of DMing for didn't even bother making a decent backstory. It was a PF Beta game in FR, and I did not want evil characters (especially with him in the group), so he wanted a way to play a druid/monk not worshipping a deity. We compromised on a Red Tiger Uthgard tribe exile. He proceeded to basically play a That Guy.
>>
>>55255840
>Hair: White...

What? is it a wistful fucking white or some shit? What is the difference between "White" and "White..."?
>>
>>55275196
It's Dnd 5e. He even sent me this unbalanced shit as his player class.
https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Stand_User_Variant_(5e_Class)

Should I allow him to do it?
>>
>>55251946
The last time I played a tiefling paladin he was basically a cop stereotype except he was also racist against tieflings too because tieflings were so rare that he didn't know a good tiefling he wasn't related to.
An excerpt from his backstory was an attempt to reform a female tiefling thief by getting her a job after she paid her fine. She proceeded to steal from her employer and when he captured her she offered him sex in exchange for freedom.
One 'no way fag' later, she was in prison and he was eating the local equivalent of donuts and resigned to the idea that he was never gonna find a decent tiefling waifu.
>>
>>55275298
If you're just looking for a few giggles, then yeah, it might be funny if you let him and bully him or see what happens.

Otherwise, definitely don't do this, especially if your other players won't like it.
>>
>>55247186
I mean, this could be the worst, or the best depending on how you look at it.
"So I was walking along one day and found some armor in a rusty shed. Then I thought 'Hey, Bahamut is a pretty cool guy, I'll think I'll worship him.'"
>>
>>55261185
Trial by combat is a thing.
>>
>>55261677
I agree. Depending on the tone of the campaign, it could be pretty fun. Kind of a comic book character backstory.
>>
>>55264522
You too? I've had a few. Part of the reason I abandoned 3.X campaigns.
>>
>>55269003
A few but they are more "the straw that broke the camels back" moments from campaigns.

The last one i can remember well is when i tried to run an eberron game where one wanted to be a nazi necromancer and the other wanted to a loli who was born with the collected knowledge of all the dragon prophecies from chargen. I was willing to roll with the necromancer until he explained he did not want to base it in setting which has a necromancer run nation. No, he wanted to be a nazi who learned to be a necromancer during ww2 and came to eberron to take over.

These same people bitch and moan about being underpowered, even when i ran gesalt game for kingdom building. Yet when they run games, you can not even fight tooth and nail for gear or abilities because they will just straight up take them away if they are useful.
>>
File: 1502772230056.jpg (244KB, 480x641px) Image search: [Google]
1502772230056.jpg
244KB, 480x641px
>>55276720
>wanting to ressurect the fuhrer so badly that you decide to travel to another planet with magic and take over there

They sound like real assholes. I mean, nazi guy sounds hillariously dumb but how they act as DM's solidifies them as just wanting to monopolize the fun
>>
>>55276720
These people are painful. It is a good thing you are not subjected to their pain anymore.
>>
>>55275298
Pretty sure you were the one showing and encouraging me to play this class.
>>
File: Roll Perception.png (170KB, 1130x546px) Image search: [Google]
Roll Perception.png
170KB, 1130x546px
>>55275298
>>55277138
????????????????
>>
File: bbb.png (2KB, 90x121px) Image search: [Google]
bbb.png
2KB, 90x121px
>>55277138
Who are you?
>>
>>55275098
No, they were actually supposed to each be an acolyte of an Interrogator in the Ordo Xenos, serving for less than six months running. I gave them information on the Interrogator and where he was active and That Guy just couldn't process the idea of not being a supreme being in an RPG. He eventually quit our group to join a D&D group meeting at the same shop.

May the Emperor have mercy upon them. If any of you guys are reading, be aware that I owe you an apology cake.
>>
File: absolutelydisgusting.png (894KB, 1432x948px) Image search: [Google]
absolutelydisgusting.png
894KB, 1432x948px
I've kept this backstory and given it to my players as "what not to do"
>>
File: mah_boi.jpg (25KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
mah_boi.jpg
25KB, 320x240px
>>55277506
Someone who isnt supposed to be here.
>>
>>55272093
my fucking sides
>>
>>55277889
Seems legit to me.
>>
File: 1498725222841.jpg (116KB, 969x1299px) Image search: [Google]
1498725222841.jpg
116KB, 969x1299px
I had a player who wanted to play a 15 year old human rouge who collected human eyeballs.
>>55272093
Source?
That looks hilarious.
>>
>>55260198
>You don't want to know what his original concept was that he had to be talked out of playing.

Oh yes I do
>>
File: mE3yFBbAQLuS0vMIq7Twrw.png (297KB, 824x949px) Image search: [Google]
mE3yFBbAQLuS0vMIq7Twrw.png
297KB, 824x949px
Didn't take long to find the guys affinity
>>
>>55248435
That's why you have a rogue check for traps.
>>
File: Uncanny Dodge vs traps.jpg (39KB, 380x387px) Image search: [Google]
Uncanny Dodge vs traps.jpg
39KB, 380x387px
>>55279925
If that fails Rogues are good at dodging traps as well.
>>
>>55272093
>not R.N.H. instead of C.P.T.

One job and they ruined it
>>
We're playing Savage Worlds. One of the players is playing as a demon (always on fire looks badass) named The Botanist. That's his name. He's essentially a rogue, and had an hour long argument with our GM about how often he should be able to get what in the system is essentially sneak attack, which is super deadly. Every time he levels up, he spends an hour trying to figure out a way to get katanas without having to buy them, usually ultimately settling for edges that will help him dual wield katanas when he can get some. He took delusional as a hindrance and constantly tells everyone the gods in the setting aren't real. His backstory is that when he was five he saw a god murder an entire city, and so now he knows the truth about gods. They're bastards.

Other than that, his character is rather dull and flavorless, without much rp or backstory to speak of.
>>
>>55261680
weird innit
>>
>>55280541

Wait, is the delusion that he saw a good that doesn't exist, or that the good he saw doesn't exist?
>>
>>55281283

Fucking autocorrect.
Why does my phone not believe in the word god?
>>
>>55281283
His delusion is that he believes the gods are not real. Even though he also saw a real, true to life god in his own backstory.
>>
File: 1503625042718.png (208KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1503625042718.png
208KB, 625x626px
>>55251794
>>
File: 1504579986903.png (238KB, 484x533px) Image search: [Google]
1504579986903.png
238KB, 484x533px
>>55247567
>As he tells me this, another player who is dead serious says he wants to play someone the other character raped in combat training and dedicated her life to see that he never rapes again
Now I'm genuinely curious as to how that relationship panned out, because I have the mental image of her just escorting him around like a fucking parent tagging along on their child's field trip.
>>
>>55247186
Can we talk about shadow's background? Because I think his background was already bad enough from SA2B but he got further beyond fucking hell when they did the Shadow the Hedgehog game where he's part alien. That was some major fucking BS
>>
>>55281438
what´s the sonichu version of shadow?
>>
File: 1496804981244.jpg (14KB, 460x358px) Image search: [Google]
1496804981244.jpg
14KB, 460x358px
>>55247186
Okay here we go...
This guy's character was named "Legend Starchild"
He was a
>Alchemist
>Warrior
>Bard
>Magician
>Tinkerer

He was
>A time traveler
>trained by Merlin AND King Arthur
>A relative of Alexander the great
>Had magical mood ring eyes
>Had a spirit girlfriend
>>
>>55281467
Honestly these are my favorites. The ones that are so mind-numbingly retarded that they couldn't POSSIBLY be real, but they ARE because I've known more than a few of them.
>>
>>55281448
Am I supposed to know that somehow?
>>
>>55281606
dunno
you do?
>>
>>55281494
Its real, he drew me a sketch of his character
It was actually pretty well drawn anime, he obviously spent a fair amount of time on it.
I couldn't let him in with that sort of backstory, but he just kept acting like he had the same backstory even though I told him no.

I eventually had to kick him out of the campaign, not because I disliked his character, but because he kept talking over the other players and interrupting everyone all the time saying "Oh I can do this better"

He cried. I felt really shitty afterwards.
>>
>>55277889
The writing and art are shit, but the idea of a vampire who was spurned tracking down and killing the descendants of the one who jilted him is an interesting angle for an evil character.
>>
File: ayylmao.png (542KB, 524x713px) Image search: [Google]
ayylmao.png
542KB, 524x713px
>>55247223
That's gay dude.
>>
>>55278187

It's a page that has been one of /co/'s favorites for like a decade.
I don't know the name of the book, but it was written by Dwayne McDuffie.
Also it's referencing a character concept that was going to be DC's first "black" headliner, until the creator of Black Lightning talked them into going a different direction.
Also the lower center panel was supposed to have dialogue to the effect of "can I use the N-word in this form?" but DC editorial wouldn't let that fly.
And that's all I know about that page.
>>
>>55256417
>Always insists on inventing a new race
I've done that a few times
In settings where there is the magic/science available to create a new race
and I did it in-character.
>>
>>55281940
...Source?
>>
>>55257095
Hey aspie, if we're all japanophiles than why are none of us talking about weeb shit
>>
>>55247230
>the fuck are yaoi hands?
Damn, I wish I didn't know the answer to that.
>>
File: worried laughter.jpg (137KB, 520x500px) Image search: [Google]
worried laughter.jpg
137KB, 520x500px
>>55247567
>another player who is dead serious says he wants to play someone the other character raped in combat training and dedicated her life to see that he never rapes again
>>
File: and nothing of value was lost.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
and nothing of value was lost.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>55247186
Well, I was in a game once that was far future sci fi, I'm not sure whether it was in our universe or not. A guy in the game was playing Rasputin. Like, literally, Rasputin. Somehow alive ten thousand years in the future and possibly another galaxy. And now working as a bounty hunter. His goal was to spread the teachings of communism to all people of space. Whether or not he knew that Rasputin was not a communist I'm not sure of.

The guy was so annoying that after a few sessions, I was going to just quit the campaign, but then the GM ended it all anyway because, in his words, our team of bounty hunters that he had told us to play as weren't "heroic enough".
>>
>>55256417
>Just here to hit things with an axe
>let's split up, gang

These don't really seem that guy to me, especially compared to the rest of them.
>>
>>55269118
>a pirate isn't going to travel across the entire world, to near the arctic, to raid some shitty Asian village

Yeah but, what else does the pirate have to do?
>>
File: oof.jpg (19KB, 330x381px) Image search: [Google]
oof.jpg
19KB, 330x381px
>>55274818
Well, anyone who writes a backstory as a real-time narration of past events should be vetoed immediately, but let's have a look.

>Auron Sinistra
uh oh

>a horde Zombies attacked and destroying the village
wow

>A skinny rather small man named Salvatore Zeppeli showed up, saying something to Auron.
oh boy

>once again pushed by his wrath
ooooh boy
>>
>>55281467
>trained by King Arthur

To do what? Fuck his sister and blame other people for his mistakes?
>>
>>55260940
Please continue. What did he do next?
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (176KB, 1473x827px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
176KB, 1473x827px
>>55255840
>Weight: 180 (muscle)
>>
>>55283916

shadbase. Before he started drawing Pedoporn.
>>
>>55265899
Manlets slap muscle in real easily bro
>>
File: gremblo.jpg (14KB, 460x258px) Image search: [Google]
gremblo.jpg
14KB, 460x258px
>>55281940
>shadman
>>
>>55269578
>>55285232
not that guy, but It seems pretty logical why they wouldn't be there. Pirates wouldn't go to the middle of bum-fuck cold nowhere to risk a lot more skin and supplies and shit just to fight some shitty Asians for (what sounds like) Nothing good, and would rather actually be pirates where its profitable and they won't die of frost bite
>>
>>55269243
There's nothing wrong with any of that...
>>
File: laughing while thinking.png (14KB, 165x205px) Image search: [Google]
laughing while thinking.png
14KB, 165x205px
>>55281940
Hits the spot.
Riiight up in the spot.
>>
>>55247186
>Rat man vampire hunter with low intelligence
>Was a smuggler for a cult under the control of a master vampire
>Was too dumb to realize what they were when he smuggled in a masive coffin for them along with other vamp stuff
>The cult attacks with an army of undead and fanatics trying to take control of the city some time later
>Rat man pc runs off
>Trys to steal from a dwarf Inquisitior who becomes his mentor after he hears about the city
>Starts quest to retake citty and purge it of undead filth
>Trains for many years the rat man pc becoming an apprentice vampire hunter in the process
>Gets the dwarf Inquisitior killed by being leanient when dealing with a young vampire in another city
>Dwarf mentor uses his last words to tell PC to finish what they started and retake his city
>PC eventually gathers the resources and highere goons to try
>When they get their the city is destroyed, all but the outermost huts burnt to ash
>Talking to some scavengers PC learns that another adventuring party already destroyed the city after a run in with the cult.
>The PC will never get his final confrontation
>He'll never avenge his family
>He'll never fulfill his promise to his mentor
>He'll never redeem himself from the mess he caused
>Because someone cleaned it up for him
>He's a broken ratman now, moving from village to village working for pitance in an paranoid alcohol fulled pile of self-loathing

Be honest anons how bad is it?
>>
>>55269113
This.
Also Hei's actual powers would be very interesting, not just electricity.
>>
File: 1472426931063.jpg (61KB, 525x438px) Image search: [Google]
1472426931063.jpg
61KB, 525x438px
>Female knight born into a northern noble house. House is all about honour and courage and fighting and shit. None of them have any knowledge of politics or diplomacy or intrigue, they just stay in the north and fight whoever. During dinner one day most of the family is murdered by being poisoned, literally decomposing in front of PC. PC undertakes quest to trace the poison but can't do anything outside of "hit shit with sword" so joins party

So fucking hard seeing her try to roleplay her character with the rest of the party, stoic lawful knight just doesn't mesh with a mostly neutral mixed adventuring band
>>
>>55280314
i dun geddit
>>
>>55287094
I might be biased, because ratmen and vampires are both high up there in my "favorite fantasy elements" list, but I like it.
>>
>>55287165
Not to mention the backstory's just bleh. Could have used the plot points but made it a lot better and conducive to the game.
>>
>>55259858
Jesus that looks fucking awful
>>
>>55287375
rael nibba hours who tf up??
>>
>>55247567
I mean, I had an arc villain who fought naked (well, covered in blood), but she was also a homicidal cultist of Khaine.
>>
>>55248435
Please tell me someone made a Dr. Feelgood joke.
>>
>>55261491
A tourist in a dream
A visitor it seems
>>
>>55285108
But we are, right now. You posted a screencap of a Japanese video game.
>>
File: 1501980293492.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1501980293492.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>55252418
Not happening, newfag. We've been grinding garbage like you into paste since before you had the internet.
>>
>>55287392
Thank you anon
>>
>>55251731
To be fair, weebshit where it doesn't belong is a huge red flag. Same with vidya or dinosaurs or anything else. If a player mindlessly regurgitates anime tropes in a medieval Europe fantasy game it means they can't leave their comfort zone under any circumstances and are unwilling to set aside what they want to do for the sake of the group. That generally makes for a fucking awful RPG player
>>
>>55260464
>What if..?: The Incredible Hulk had narcolepsy.
>>
>>55255923
So basically just like Yoko Ono.
>>
>>55256945
>and a "fat nigger elf"

WE
>>
>>55260195
>apple product using

Hey hey hey! Come on man, I know this is 4chan, but there's a such thing as going too far.
>>
>>55266539
>not playing a female knight raised like a quasi-son by her impoverished rural lord father, who is uncomfortable and easily provoked concerning her lack of feminine graces, but who doesn't bother learning because she finds that shit tedious and boring thanks to her upbringing.
>>
>>55279486
>Wanted to be able to take up the mantle of "Clan Cook" when the time came
Dungeon Meshi was a mistake
>>
>>55281494
There was a time when dual katana wielding ninja assassins were fresh and cool and got shoved into FUCKING EVERYTHING and it was just seen as normal. Stuff like >>55281467 is hilariously bad writing regardless of the era.
>>
>>55287094
10/10 would steal
>>
File: Shadman.jpg (7KB, 181x272px) Image search: [Google]
Shadman.jpg
7KB, 181x272px
>>55286490
>>
>>55269118
>He was so baffled when I tried to explain to him that a pirate isn't going to travel across the entire world, to near the arctic, to raid some shitty Asian village.
You could've invented a reason for him to. Maybe he got wind that some artifact was in the village that would justify going through all that trouble.
>>
>>55288246
This. Liking anime is okay, trying to force it into a game that isn't anime-inspired isn't.
>>
>>55289368
>play villager who dresses up like a ninja and dual wields katanas and claims he's an assassin
>fail at ever assassinating anyone
>clumsily and ineffectively wield weapons
>constantly get made fun of for wearing a dumb all black ninja outfit no one has ever seen before
>treats clients with extreme subservience and loyalty
>treats party members as precious comrades he would give his life for
>constantly attempting to interpret mundane situations and places as super secret ninja operations

I'm going to make this an excellent character.
>>
Anyone have that Game Of Thrones one?
>>
>>55281940
Goddammit Shad
>>
>>55255840
what's mucle?
>>
>>55281681
Well, as far as I remember, Chris never really had Shadow appear, and even Sonic himself only appeared as a quick cameo in one of the earlier episodes.

However, he did make Blackchu, or Blake Sonichu if you're using the new versions, which was an evil clone of Sonichu that was black and red because they got cherry cola on the DNA sample or something retarded like that.
I think Chris tried to give him a Shadow-like personality, but since he has writing skills comparable to those of toddlers, he didn't have much going on aside from not liking Sonichu and being evil.

Then he turned into a good guy for some reason and got the generic Sonichu personality along with an equally generic and uninteresting love interest.
>>
>>55294259
>knowing this much about sonichu
autism
>>
>>55281438
How was it bad?
>>
File: Autobalance.png (252KB, 522x417px) Image search: [Google]
Autobalance.png
252KB, 522x417px
>>55247567
>>
File: genetic accident.jpg (177KB, 749x960px) Image search: [Google]
genetic accident.jpg
177KB, 749x960px
>>55294259
Hey, Blake has a crisis of race, he's not completely devoid of character.
>>
>>55295825
>Rance.png
>>
File: 6914587.jpg (64KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
6914587.jpg
64KB, 960x544px
>>55281467
>Had magical mood ring eyes
Someone explains this thing to me because I don't remember any popular fiction figure wearing those
What started the fad among all the terrible mary-suesque / blatant self-insert characters?
I also tend to notice it's mostly female characters for some reason
>>
>>55296123
They think it's clever and profound
>>
>>55296083
Underated post.
>>
File: Dragon Ball.jpg (121KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Ball.jpg
121KB, 640x640px
>>55285323
Stormhawks the Spaceman wasn't his first ever Dark Heresy character. I'll probably make a thread to post Storytime about his actual first encounter playing anything other than D&D on the morrow.

Be on the watch for Fucktard's First Dark Heresy. Have a Dragon Ball.
>>
>>55248399
So he was playing Karsa Orlong?
>>
>>55260995
I mean, like, a four maybe?

It's not bad. The bushido bit is a bit much, but at least you made an attempt to justify it. I'd allow it in my campaign, though you'd probably see me wince a bit first.
>>
>>55279486
>Scalebait art
>Generic murdered/raped parents

Every time with these fuckers
>>
>>55287144
>>55269113
His guy has a few things, but only sits up in the corner of the map via flying (Never gave me a reason why he can fly, not that its impossible but he just went like fuck it) and shooting blasts of electricity blasts. Cant remember the last time he did anything else.

for reference, another PC can duplicate himself and they leap around with spears and grenade launchers and a shotgun fist
>>
>>55299408
probably something to do with electromagnets
but yeah, he sounds boring
he didn't even shove batteries up his ass to get a secret attack
>>
>>55247567
>once had a player come to me with a homebrew slayer class which focused around small knives
OK
>and fighting naked
A bit outlandish, but not too bad.
>every single thing past that
Aaaaaaaah!
>>
>>55261185
Dude, it's like the hottest thing to do in any knight setting
>>
File: tumblr_onls3w7DJb1vuj86no1_1280.jpg (130KB, 618x950px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_onls3w7DJb1vuj86no1_1280.jpg
130KB, 618x950px
>>55268949
>>
toss up between the character from the Firefly game that turned out to be only a one shot, where the character was like the Operative from Serenity, only he failed the final test, and became the ship head of security instead. (and sold out the group the first chance he got)
or any supers character where the description stars with "you know what would be funny?"
>>
>>55247186
I was in a Rogue Trader campaign like 5 years ago with one of the worst I have ever encountered. I was playing an Arch Militant whose planet got overrun by Nurglites so he rents out as a mercenary, simple, the Assassin not so much.

>Rogue Trader, but he wants to play a Dark Heresy class
>Assassin says he was trained to be an Eversor
>AND a Culexus
>AND a Callidus
>Male character, but for some reason the all female Callidus order trained him
>In his introduction he says he walks into the room on his hands wearing a white tuxedo
>17 pages of backstory, I gave up after the part where he defeated a group of Dark Eldar single handedly and they became his harem of BDSM sex slaves
>Also he killed a Khornate Berserker in single combat
>Also once came face to face with Slaanesh for some reason that was so fucking stupid I blocked it out to protect my brain
>Threatens to kill his Inquisitor as soon as the DM starts speaking
>Threatens to kill my captain when he cuts him off before he can commit suicide by Inquisition
>Threatens to kill me when I tell him to stop threatening the captain

It was honestly a mercy when we got TPK'd in the first session.
>>
File: roger-rainbow.gif (227KB, 500x520px) Image search: [Google]
roger-rainbow.gif
227KB, 500x520px
My name is Braff Zacklin. I was an international race car driver. One day, a baby carriage rolled out onto the track so I swerved into the retaining wall to avoid it. The car burst into flames, but the baby miraculously survived ... I was that baby.
>>
File: 1481007845899.png (209KB, 405x347px) Image search: [Google]
1481007845899.png
209KB, 405x347px
>>55285289
>>
>>55287165
The North remembers.
>>
File: kb.png (89KB, 381x315px) Image search: [Google]
kb.png
89KB, 381x315px
>guy sends me his sheet
>start to look through it
>character is literally him
>backstory is a magic portal opened up and transported him to my setting
>mfw
>>
>>55301191
>PC is just isekai'd player
weeb/10
>>
>>55288246
This
>>
>>55301363
It's always the weebs.
>>
>>55300088
There are actually male callidus members, but they certainly don't recruit blanks. Or other temple's assassins, for that matter.
>>
File: 1372426008945.gif (89KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1372426008945.gif
89KB, 600x450px
>>55301191
>My character is me, but not holding back
>>
File: 1499028230857.jpg (37KB, 890x960px) Image search: [Google]
1499028230857.jpg
37KB, 890x960px
>>55247223
>>
File: Trauma Lamia.jpg (177KB, 1000x945px) Image search: [Google]
Trauma Lamia.jpg
177KB, 1000x945px
>>55247186
The time my DM told me to change my whole backstory for some sort of dark fantasy magical realm.

Original backstory: PC got plant/fey powers after being tricked into eating fey food, saw others who had eaten more of turn full fey and go mad, wants to stop this stuff from threatening her village.

DM version: she tried to rescue a girl from being a sacrifice, but the demon the cult worshiped really wanted to escape the altar he was bound to. PC agrees to get possessed in a shoulder-devil sort of way if he lets them go, but the sheer dark power she gets from the deal drives her to madness, turns her into a snake monster and she rapes the girl she was trying to save into a coma. Note that after this she's supposed to somehow still feel confident and flirty and be cool with the rest of the party starting to make more deals with similar demons.
>>
>>55302870
It's simple - someone mentions rape, you say "nope." If they press the issue, just go home. Shit'll never be handled well.
>>
>>55303702
Yeah I argued with the DM over it and ended up not playing.
>>
>>55247186
>I want to be an Orc
>I want to be a dick fighter, i will kill things with my dick
>I want my dick to be as hard as adamantium

Piece of shit
>>
>>55304061
>compensating that hard
>>
We had a rogue this one time who had literally no backstory. The player claimed that she did after she died, but he'd never told the rest of the table and refused to after her death.
>>
>tries to sell the priest to a chaos witch
>fails
>murders a homeless guy in a weird submission fetish situation
>attempts to assassinate the dwarf who reported him over the whole chaos witch business
>fails
>challenges the same dwarf to a duel
>fails
>runs away like a girl

And worst of all...

>splits the fucking party

Needless to say the character not long for the campaign, and left me with several questions about the player.
>>
>>55260195
>apple product using

Jesus fuck dude, calm down.
>>
>>55260195
Feels fucking great, man.

Your jimmies: rustled.
My jimmies: stable.
>>
>>55260195
wow holy fucking shit this is hilarious i've been lurking this thread for a bit and only just noticed this shit, hahahahaha
>>
>>55295866
>Black people
>Giving a shit about Kwanzaa
>Ever
>>
File: 2015-08-14.png (42KB, 791x260px) Image search: [Google]
2015-08-14.png
42KB, 791x260px
>>55277889
As ridiculous as all of it is, both his parents being dukes is where I couldn't help but lose it.
>>
>>55287094
Just replace "vampire" with any specific kind of organized criminal and you're fine.
>>
File: I roll to rape.png (1MB, 1645x4000px) Image search: [Google]
I roll to rape.png
1MB, 1645x4000px
>>55291338
>>
File: dwayne_johnson.jpg (43KB, 298x397px) Image search: [Google]
dwayne_johnson.jpg
43KB, 298x397px
>>55247186

Here's a player's character from my first time as DM.

>name: kuderic the twice-orphaned
>class: barbarian
>race: goliath
>alignment: lawful good
>personality: likes [s]tits and ass[/s] flowers, is empathetic; life altering even gave me insight into the evil of jackhammers
>backstory: nurtured happy rock but parents died twice now sad manly rock seeking avenge on construction workers with jackhammers
>>
>>55306073
14 years old or a troll?
>>
>>55306092
We were both adults at the time, but I knew he just really didn't want to play.
>>
>young noble
>mother died
>has affair with stereotypical noble father's new young wife
>gets caught
>not wanting the public embarrassment of being cucked by his son the father quietly disappears character to a nothing position as warden of far off remote parts of his lands
>character defends himself from known, and masked, highwayman
>kills bandit, utterly demolishes bandit's face beyond recognition, swaps clothes, and fakes death while stealing bandit's identity

Cringe or nah?
>>
>>55306376
i think it's cool
>>
File: Untitled6.png (215KB, 862x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled6.png
215KB, 862x1000px
>>55256417
Green: things I would do, the reasons for which I think should satisfy other players
Blue: things I would not do myself, but I would defend others for doing
Red: things that I don't mind, but would not do and would advise against if it bothered enough people
>>
>>55306786
I don't profess to be a good D&D player, nor have I even played a single D&D session. Though I have engaged in some online roleplaying, and I often look forward to the prospect of maybe joining a D&D campaign someday.
>>
>>55281467
That sounds hilarious and amazing, and I would love to run a campaign populated by such characters
>>
File: ULTRA LORD.jpg (181KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
ULTRA LORD.jpg
181KB, 960x960px
>Shadowrun
>Orc fist fighter
>"World famous boxer"
>Addicted to violence
>Addicted to cocain
>Possesses psychic powers
>rapist
>"Likes to prank people"
>Pranks include smashing people's armour while they aren't wearing it, stealing, raping and putting deadly viruses in people's drinks
>Once raped the male dwarf shotgunner because it was "funny"
>Guy playing him metagames the rules for bows so he can instakill people from retarded ranges
>>
>>55309524
fucking hell, they always go the extra mile don't they
orc boxer addicted to amphetamines who still tries to look decent and act as a role model for his fans would be good, tho
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 82

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.