[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Betrayal at House on Haunted Hill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: BHH.jpg (187KB, 1189x1200px) Image search: [Google]
BHH.jpg
187KB, 1189x1200px
So what's the general consensus on this game? Personally, despite the fact that it can be a tad confusing, I think its a good game to get newer players into more complicated board games.
>>
I love it. Lots of fun, not as complicated as other non Parker Bros games.

Though, and I know you probably won't believe this, but I've met three separate people in my life that refuse to play it because it's too scary. A game that is essentially Scooby Doo. All women, all separate instances.
>>
>>55239779
I had fun playing it but the positive and negative feedback loop struck me as unsightly.
>>
>>55239779
Played with people I didn't know (community college game room) a few years back and had a blast. It's a good game and I would play it again even with you OP.
>>
It really is a great game to play with strangers, friends and even kids if they're around 10.
Too bad the expansion pack is so broken.
>>
>>55239779
I love the game. Me and my friends tend to play the same characters each Haunt, so we've almost got an ongoing story involved with it, basically a Groundhog Day loop. The story isn't intentional, it's just that there's been unusual patterns - for example, when my character would be the Traitor, inevitably I would have a victory condition that didn't depend on me killing anyone; coupled with generally getting the Armor and the Spear, and my character was the "paladin" trying to end the Groundhog Day loop.

Since picking up Widow's Walk we've moved into "Season 2". So far of the five games, I've been the villain four times. So I guess my paladin fell.
>>
Anyone gonna pick up the DnD version?
>>
>>55239779
Weapons not helping when getting attacked basically means that if you don't kill whatever it is with your hit/your allies combined attacks, its likely about to wreck you. Not the worst, but in the zombie lord haunt its troublesome.

But its a fun time regardless of tiny nit-picks like that.
>>
>>55240184
link?
>>
File: BBG_ProductImage.png (132KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
BBG_ProductImage.png
132KB, 300x300px
>>55240321

http://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/board-card-games/betrayal-baldurs-gate
>>
>>55240184
I'll wait until early adopters are able to really digest it.
Looks like it has some real potential to set itself apart, and have some interesting scenarios.
>>
>>55239980
Im pretty big into horror and through sharing my interest with others I have met some people, men and women, ho just cant handle anything. Scooby Doo is too much for some people.
>>
>>55240411
I wonder how much they'll change up the game. If it's just the same with a DnD flavor, I'll probably not pick it up. But if it is indeed different enough to make a difference, it'll be a for sure team for me.
>>
>>55239779
It's definitely a lot of fun in the beginning, but you learn the haunts pretty quick. Also if you're stuck in the basement alone when the haunt happens you're fucked because nobody's sending the mystic elevator down to get you unless you're necessary to win.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.