[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is you're new BBEG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: crocodile.png (380KB, 693x1343px) Image search: [Google]
crocodile.png
380KB, 693x1343px
How fucked is your group?
>>
>>55237375
>Ugh
BBEG
>>
>>55237375

*your
>>
>>55237375
He'll probably kill the fighter, then the wizard, part flee's

then they figure out his schtick and use roll or die spells like every game in every system.
>>
>>55237375
>Weebshit
Ugh
>>
>>55237499
>Ugh
Ugh
>>
>>55237446
roll or die spells like every game in every system
every game every system
every system
>>
Kurokodairu-san would probably tear my Pathfinder group several new assholes since we're playing E6.

Wizard could maybe slow him down if we learn about his weaknesses and how his powers work.
>>
>>55237375
>Knight who has explosive runes all over his armor that can deal near nuclear levels of damage
>Summoner who has control over the elements in the form of elemental monstergirls
>Alchemist who basically has godly healing and philosopher stone levels of transmutation ability.
>Dwarf who wears so much ancient artifacts he might as well have looted them from the gods themselves.

Croc's ass is glass.
>>
Punch him til he dies.
>>
>>55238922
They all die apart from the summoner.
>>
>>55239128
How?
>>
>>55237446
>OGLD20 is every system

Naw bruh. There are lots of systems, and that's just one.
>>
>>55237375
>BBEG

How embarrassing.
>>
>>55239152
The dude is save or die. Without the save part really. It touches someone and they just dry out
He has no body unless he gets wet so they cant hurt him.
The whole plot that he was part of was a giant bomb that would blow up and it wouldnt of even effected him

The alchemist might be able to help with people being dried out or poisoned but he is in the desert where items are hard to come-by /carry due to the heat so he would not be at full power.

As with the knight, the dwarf just can't hurt him.

And unless the summoner summons a water monster shes dead too. In fact he would target her first as he is smart enough to do that.

and thats without all his underlings. Sure the party would blow away the "millions" and "billions" But the top 10 (5 guys and 5 girls ) agents are badass all on their own.

You got the pair that are MADE from swords and needles to the little girl whos power is emotions to the guy who can make himself look just like you.
And robin(if she still on his side) could take down most of this party by herself to being very overpowerd herself.
>>
>>55239297
I would also add in that the country he is in is on his side. So you wouldnt get any back up from the towns folk. If they knew you where after him they would shop you right in buddy.
>>
>>55239297
You just gotta get creative, dude, you've got all of the tools you need. Just like in one piece, the best weapon is using tools well.

Translating to D&D, the best way to overcome the guy's damage reduction / fast healing abilities would be to use Acid or Frost damage, as they're the 'watery' ones. Although a GM might argue that it needs to be actual water. The MC in one piece won by getting ahold of sources of water and then punching those places while he was solid - Something any character can do.

Working together as a team, then, an alchemist throwing flasks of liquid fire might be a natural enemy to this guy - It's wet, and it keeps burning, meaning it weakens him and it deals a great amount of damage, allowing the others to hurt him. The Summoner's got this on lock - Just summon something that's going to soak the entire area, water elementals to water sprites to whatever. Not to mention there's two casters in there. If you have time to prepare, a magical item to bring up water is readily available, as well.

Even the water dessication ability, using the HP system, probably wouldn't one-shot tough characters - It didn't one-shot Luffy, after all.

Don't worry about "Right now, on paper, there's no way to win" because that's basically a core theme of One Piece that such things are bullshit.
>>
>>55239430
I do like "power of the fighting spirit"
>has to be water
Well luffy did use his blood
>one-shot Luffy
Well you could argue it was plot armor / getting lucky as he was saved by someone else. And thats because he went out of his way to help an NPC for no reason but to help
>one piece
In that setting too, the more hurt you are the more power you have.

Problem I had was poster was talking about stuff that would HURT the party more then help it.
And the way one piece works is that they would all be split up and face a number each.
>>
>>55239430
>>55239297
>Dwarf's weapons allow him to hit anything that's insubstantial, including sand clouds, not to mention has a Will based weaken on his throwing hammer
>Meteor Knight has a 250ft flame greatsword attack and a 120ft explosion, not to mention armor that explodes with the force of a missile if you so much as touch him
>Alchemist has a potion-making machine on her back, she has all the materials she needs
>Summoner is also pretty damn smart himself with a +10 INT modifier

Of course, these are MnM characters, so they can get away with a lot more.
>>
>>55237375
Does the party have plot armor like the party in the manga?
>>
>>55239297
>He has no body unless he gets wet so they cant hurt him
Imma toss him a water bucket and then stab the bastard, fucking watch me
>>
>>55237375
Eh, we have a Telepath and water guns. We could beat every One Piece Character.
Exterminatus in worst case
>>
>>55240281
WHERE YA GETING THE BUCKET FROM DOPLIC . YOU IN THE F'IN DESERT
>>
>>55237375
Let's be honest, any character that is not from a One Piece RPG and knows Haki is going to have a hard fucking time fighting someone who is intangiable. I mean, unless you figure out that water is his weakness he is literally invincible.

To beat him, a group would both need to be resillient enaugh to survive him and smart enaugh to try out what his powers are and test out watering him.

Crocs big weakness is that he enjoys you dieing slowly in agony way too much. But you have to count the fact that he will just fucking try to murder you if he knows you are too resillient to die to his death contraptions, he isn't a Bond villain.

Aside from direct confrontation, he is a great social manipulator. As the head of a criminal organization he is pretty great. He is a great organizer, and considering that in the OP world pretty much everyone who is strong either becomes a pirate, joins the marines, or becomes a key influencer in someone elses power structure, he made the best out of the trash people that would be willing to work as bounty hunters to disguise his organization.

>How fucked is your group
Well he is intangiable so...

Savage worlds group is fucked. He butchers the wizard before he can figure out to use water, and he doesn't know water spells anyways. In general, in fantasy settings everybody who isn't a wizard is completely fucked. He butchers the rest of the group easily after that.

Edge of the Empire group is fucked. Neither a Laser sword, nor a blaster, nor a light saber can harm him.

I mean there is a reason why Logias roflstomp everybody before the New World. Being intangiable is pretty fucking OP, never mind the immense elemental powers.

But unlike other Logia pirates Croc knows what the fuck he is doing with his powers. He can fuck you up without relying on intangiability
>>
>>55240404
I'LL BRING A BUNCH OF DAMN CANTEENS THEN, HOW FUCKING HARD CAN IT BE
>>
>>55240609
AND WHERE YOU GONNA BUY THEM FROM!
>>
>>55240601
I stopped reading around the string-guy. Doses croc turn up again after the time skip?
>>
He hasn't been seen in the manga in 7 years and I'm dying

Come back to the story, man

If Wani isn't going to be in Wano I'm going to lose hope
>>
>>55240404
>Create Water
gg everyone, gg.
>>
>>55240281
I would follow this man into hell.
>>
>>55240601
Celestial exalted deal with him easily.
>>
>>55241143
Not yet. Some theorize he will show up next arc, because then we will get into the territory of the guy that dumpstered Croc so hard he ran back to Paradise crying, and Croc wants revenge after all those years, because he - rightly so- sees that guy as the point where everything went to shit for him.

Also, the endless Dofflamingo arc is long over and followed by my favorite arc in years. The Doffy arc was cool, but too long and Doffy didn't really live up to his potential as a villain. He was full of himself, placed ungrounded trust into shit allies and then jobbed hard because he just HAD to be a Bond villain.

Croc is everything Doffy should have been, except not as powerful. Honestly Oda should have swapped those two. It would have been way better.
>>
>>55244061
>Not yet. Some theorize he will show up next arc, because then we will get into the territory of the guy that dumpstered Croc so hard he ran back to Paradise crying, and Croc wants revenge after all those years, because he - rightly so- sees that guy as the point where everything went to shit for him.
You're confusing Croc for Gekko Moriah. Croc's angst was with Whitebeard.
>>
File: explain.jpg (12KB, 317x357px) Image search: [Google]
explain.jpg
12KB, 317x357px
>>55239198
>something something BBEG
>ugh
I'm new here pls no bully
>>
>>55239297
>Knight prepares water balloons in armor
>Alchemist creates a humidifier
>Dwarf finds a roman aqueduct system and wears it around
>Summoner brings in wind elementals for tactical rain storms

what now?
>>
>>55237523
>Ugh
Hgu
>>
>>55237375
Not very. My group has a character SUPER capable of melting sand into glass, which would act like water but burning.
>>
>>55240601
he's not intangible, he turns into sand.
Big difference.
>>
File: Omatsuri_Anime_Infobox.png (412KB, 634x692px) Image search: [Google]
Omatsuri_Anime_Infobox.png
412KB, 634x692px
>>55244061
Croc was meant to be the ending villain if OP didn't keep going, which is why he got such amazing build up and characterization.

He remains one of the best villains in the series, I think.

Besides this guy, at least. Holy fuck this movie.

Holy fuck.
>>
>>55250410
I haven't seen ANY of the movies.
Which movie is this and how sick is it?
>>
>>55250419
It's the sixth movie, and it is insane. Called Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island.

Like, imagine if One Piece was a horror series instead.

I don't want to spoil the movie for you, but it's easily the best one for me.
>>
>>55250439
Well, I could go for some incredible weebshit. I should check it out.
>>
>>55250454
You should, especially if you know the series.

There is some pretty damn disturbing imagery and scenes in the movie, especially in the context of One Piece.
>>
>>55250468
I don't think if anything could top the amazing disturbing imagery of "creating an abomination to do a menial task and, instead of helping it with your magic powers, cheering it on with all your heart".

That was a profound joke that I am keeping forever.
>>
>x anime character that operates by the inconsistent principles of anime now has to fight your characters bound to a roughly internally consistent ability allocation system, what do you do
>Well obviously he'd just kill everyone ever because he has an anime instant death touch that you don't even get to save and he's all the sand in the desert, and attacks that destroy that sand regardless of whether or not it's wet totally won't hurt him at all
>I think we'd do okay because my party has pre existing water generating ability, it depends on if they can figure out his weakness before he kills them

I think everyone here is forgetting that this fucker is a BBEG, and that it is entirely possible for the party to come in prepared if they go to the trouble of doing the spying and actually learning about what they're going up against instead of thinking they can damage monster their way through him.

Which is admittedly a coin flip as to whether they'll do their homework or not, but they ARE spending an arc of their campaign (or the whole campaign) centered purely around taking him down.

I really think that if the party does their research to find out that he's a reverse plant that needs lots of watering to kill properly he becomes much less dangerous, particularly in fantasy settings with easy access to infinite water. Even if he gets to keep his desert boss arena
>>
>>55237375
We're playing Exalted, so not at all.
>>
>>55250483
The even more honest answer here is that within the realm of One Piece there actually exists a set of abilities to let you hurt him and others like him, abilities that can be trained and wouldn't be out of the realm for people to know.

Croc was just so fucking dangerous at the time because no one knew shit about those abilities.
>>
>>55250483
Hell, I would bet higher level parties would throw so much water and water generating shit around the desert would become one huge oasis in the process - or possibly a shallow inland sea, depending on how dickish they're feeling
>>
>>55237375
>know "Create Water" cantrip
>go to a high place
>cast it all day long

I mean. How fucked is he?
>>
Deadlands, so party is used to desert combat. And we have characters who have the ability to literally summon up a huge rainstorm. Dude is fucked.
>>
>>55237375
>High-level Anima party
Not fucked in the least, considering the Warrior Summoner's favorite opening move is to invoke Seiryuu, Dragon of the East, and call down a massive fuck-you severe thunderstorm, complete with high winds, torrential rain, hail, and an obscene amount of lighting.
The second he's coalesced, he's eating an absurd amount of damage courtesy the Railgun Mentalist.
The emergency button will be the Warlock flooding the field with ~2 million Shai Huluds, may their passage cleanse the world.
>>
>My party is a band of pirates

Doesn't matter whether we're fucked, bring it on
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.