[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Space Marine Coup

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Lets say that a particularity charismatic NON-PRIMARCH Space Marine Lord came along and somehow managed to unite every space marine chapter and all of its assets (ships/serfs/planets) under his banner. He then decides to overthrow the High Lords and institute a regime where space marines rule and everyone else are 2nd class citizens.

No other Imperial forces join them and they seek no allies. Could the Marines do it? Could they overthrow the Imperium?
>>
>>55228985
Outright overthrow of the whole Imperial system? Not likely or at least if it happens it would throw the Imperium into a completely fucked state. Too much non-Space Marine stuff is vital to managing the Imperial, like the Mechanicus.

Their best bet would be to gun for the High Lords and then just say they're taking their place.
>>
>>55228985
Sure, all they'd need to do is take out the High Lords, and institute their own Government.
At that point, the rest of the Imperium falls in line, or dies.
And that's doable. Space Marines are fast, strong, and well equipped.

Inquisition would be pissed, and they'd likely have to deal with constant assault by assassins, but the Imperium would likely adapt to their new Space Marine overlords, now that high command is gone.

Entirely retarded concept though.
>>
>>55230135
I dunno anon, I would suspect that the Astartes will end up better rulers than the High Lords.
>>
Against the mechanicus, the guard, the inquisition, the navy and custodies? Not a chance.
>>
File: 1461002506877.gif (144KB, 267x199px) Image search: [Google]
1461002506877.gif
144KB, 267x199px
1. The space marines follow the doctrine that SM cannot and will not rule over humans outside of Conflict

2. the character to have already done this is Abbaddon the Despoiler, who has united the majority of Chaos marines to essentially accomplish everything you have described.

So anyone bothering to attempt something similar would be immediately branded a heretic and all resources and men that followed would be disavowed.

in essence you need to read the lore more before throwing out anymore hacknee ideas OP
>>
>>55228985
>>55230964
Also the Codex Astartes is literally written to prevent another space marine coup from taking place.
>>
>>55230420
>implying any Space Marine has the willpower to confront the Imperiums most powerful enemy: Imperial bureaucracy
Nah, not gonna happen.
>>
>>55231289
fucking deep state bureaucrats
>>
>>55231371
>Abaddon about to conquer Terra
>just before he can plunge his sword into the Emperors heart
>a hunched over figure appears
>"Sir, if you want to proceed with killing the Emperor, I first must ask you to show me Permit A 38."
>10,000 years later, Terra still stands
>>
>>55228985

They would rule the Imperium for a few weeks before it's ripped apart by xenos. The surgical strikes necessary to cripple the Imperial Navy, Guard, Inquisition and other major power players to prevent an attritional counter-revolution would destroy the larger Imperium's ability to defend against outside attack in any coordinated fashion. If the Astartes tried to defend the millions of worlds they would, at best, fortify a few key industrial and production hubs - which would then starve as agro and mining worlds go dark.

And this does not factor in the Mechanicus, as their fealty to the Imperium as it is is tenuous at best, and if a handful refused to cooperate the Astartes would run out of materiel very, very quickly.

Of all the bad dumb ideas, this would be at the top.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.