[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

[40k]Cheapest possible 1500 point army

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: dakka.jpg (59KB, 640x660px) Image search: [Google]
dakka.jpg
59KB, 640x660px
Ok all! I need a hand! My friends are starting up 40k with the latest edition. I don't have any of the books atm and want to build an army with a few goals in mind. I have very little expendable income. I want to build an army for 1500pts that is the cheapest to purchase with real money. So I want to hear your ideas! No it does not matter which army you choose or build, just so that is the cheapest to purchase. Marines, guard, chaos, tau, whatever doesn't matter. The only other thing is I can pretty much figure out any one unit army on my own. (Like fielding only a titan lol.) So help me do some research. Pics of the army once it's complete as rewards :D Extra points if it has a theme! or dumb story attached.
>>
a used grey knight army
>>
Pirate codexes and rulebooks. Search ebay and the 40k buy sell trade groups on facebook for cheep minis. Dark angels are a cheep option to look into, as are space marines in general.
>>
Proxy historicals as guard. Lots of tanks.
>>
>>55222078
Buy two copies of either side of the Dark Imperium box. Try ebay. That will give you about 1800 points of whichever force you choose for $100-150.

Even better if you can find someone else buying Dark Imperium and swap half the minis with them you can get that 1800 point force and a rulebook for $160.
>>
Your best bet is probably buying half a starter set on ebay or buying a used army from ebay and then stripping and painting it if you want to paint that is.

>>55222531
This anon is pretty much spot on but you can always try other armies, it'll probably just take a bit longer to collect.
>>
>>55222531
>160
They're selling new full box sets of DI on ebay for 90-110. Shop around before settling on MSRP.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.