[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Urban Campaign

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: sdadsada.jpg (3MB, 3395x3475px) Image search: [Google]
sdadsada.jpg
3MB, 3395x3475px
Tell me about your Urban Campaigns /tg/.

What city are you in, and what's it like?

What is your/your parties job?

What's the plots driving force/bbeg?
>>
Bump 'cause I'm going to respond soon.
>>
Hoping for some sigil and planescape stories
>>
File: Mori4.jpg (45KB, 570x428px) Image search: [Google]
Mori4.jpg
45KB, 570x428px
>>55216936
I have an idea for a campaign where the PCs are basically Police Officers tasked with keeping the city in an unruly city.

How will they take people alive, or deal with rampaging wizards.

Leading to various encounters with reoccurring villians over several months, finally uncovering a criminal network/mastermind behind it all.

Planning to somehow make him a trusted npc friend pulling strings right underneath their nose the whole time.
>>
>>55216936
>>55219529
I've actually been thinking about running a game for a while now but had the problem of figuring out WHAT to run as the campaign.

You've now given me a solid campaign.
>>
In our setting aether (raw magical energy) is required as a base biological function for life. The entire campaign takes place inside a ring city in the white waste, a huge expanse of dead land where aether is rapidly drained from the world due to residual effects of a magical cataclysm. Much of the landscape has been bleached white by the sun, and the waste stretches for hundreds of kilometers. It has been slowly expanding since it was first created.
>>
>>55219787
The city, with its surrounding farms and industries encircle an enormous spring fed lake. It is super-saturated with aether thanks to the corpse of a dead god that lies beneath its waters. This aether is constantly eminating from the lake outwards, creating several different zones with varying degrees of habitability and usefulness.
>The first region, within a kilometer or so of the shore, is so saturated with aether that it is actually toxic. Magical effects here are nigh-impossible to control due to the over abundance of energy, and only extremophile organisms are found closer than 400 meters from the shore.
>The second region, between 1 and 1.75 kilometers away, is largely used to grow particularly aether-loving crops. It is still toxic over longer periods to humans, and so it is relegated as a work region for the lower class of farmers.
>The third zone is where the upper classes, merchants, military officers, and specialized artisans reside and live. It contains residencies, markets, entertainment, businesses, etc. This stretch of land runs from about 2 to 4.5 kilometers from shore. It is the preferred living zone due to the amount of aether being closest to pre-cataclysm levels here. People tend to live longer, healther lives the more time spent in this area.
>The fourth zone is from roughly 4.5 to 8 kilometers from shore. This area is the most densely populated, and is mostly populated by lower class artisans, farmers, ranchers, and the like. Those living here (Especially 6 km and beyond) generally are subject to a variety of health issues, stemming from chronically low levels of aether.
>The fifth zone stretches from 8 to approx 14 km. It is used for ranching, farming of crops that don't require much aether, and housing for the poor, destitute, and undesirable. Those living in the further reaches of this region generally live short, wretched lives thanks to the minimal level of aether.
>>
>>55219796
>The final zone stretches from about 14 km to perhaps 30 at most. The further out you go, the harder it is to survive for extended periods of time. Much of the mineral wealth of the city is mined from this zone, poor workmen quarrying rock and minerals from various mines. Extended mining is enabled by water from the lake (super saturated with aether) being transported to the mines and consumed by workers. It is only marginally better than going without entirely.

The ultimate villian is working on developing a device that will enable him to destroy the body of the dead god, releasing all of the stored power held within. He hopes this will be enough to shock the environment back to normal, restoring life to the wasteland over time. This isn't baseless, he is working based on pre-cataclysm research notes and data, but it isn't a sure thing. On top of this, destroying the dead god will likely obliterate the city and everyone inside it, and many are unsure if anybody even still lives outside of it. The villian believes the chance is worth the risk, as the entire world could perhaps be consumed if it isn't stopped.
We've had a lot of lesser villians, plots, and intrigue going on since it began, but I'm not sure how much of it you want to hear.

The PC's are- 2 members of a special police investigation taskforce (Long time partners), a retired hired gun turned scholar and historian, and a silver-tongued bastard that managed to work his way up the social ladder from farmer's son to aristocrat before being exiled when his bullshit caught up with him.

There ya go, hope you find it interesting.
>>
City of Greyhawk. Campaign was based around 2 thief PCs and their seedy journey through the the thieves guild and the city's vast underworld.
It was great. Best campaign ever
>>
>>55219529
So how would you go trough with it, follow a certain cop show feel by making a list, have the players get a warrant every time they need to go or get something done, write reports?

How'd you balance being police into game mechanics?
>>
>>55216936
PC's just hit lv 2.
They inherited a low end "pawn" shop that makes enough to barely pay their one employee, and the taxes.
The rogue collects exotic daggers, the mage collects rare maps, the monk collects small statues.
They spend their time skulking about, trying to catch sight of maps,daggers, statues....and then forming a plan to steal said item.

So far, it's been a blast for them, and insanely easy for me to run.

>Roll a spot
>Yep, you see the merchant has an odd dagger. Looks foreign and made of horn and glass maybe.
>Then i do a couple npc "guards", a trap or two...and let the group steal the dagger.

Lots of hooks...lots of options, and they can set their own pace.

Surprised me how fun it is.
>>
What business opportunities and investments are suitable to adventurers in a city? How do you get to own the place and get a generous stream of money?
>>
>>55223514
A down on his luck Captain tells the PC's that for (x) gold, he can buy (x), and haul it to (x), for a profit of (x). Do they invest?

A small lumber/mining/fur trading company needs (x) gold to find an expansion/exploration. Do the PC's invest?

A merchant says he can buy flugglebinders here in the PC's home city, and sell them for double in a far off country. He'll split the profit with them.

A shortage of (x), has led to a price jump on said item. A wise PC might run around buying up the remaining items and selling them for triple cost or more.

A noble wants the PC's to help fund a mission to (x), since they are known to have a shitton of gold after their last adventure.
>>
File: thesecond.jpg (1MB, 1304x2416px) Image search: [Google]
thesecond.jpg
1MB, 1304x2416px
>>55216936
Well let me tell you about my Campaign.

Plot had it that there were those Guys whose God basically told them to Conquer everything in his name. So this Group of Adventurers, who by coincidence all had the Leadership Fea, rallied their Troup and marched to Face the threat. A lot of Sieges were involved and yes I admit, they did plunder from innocent Villagers. But it was all for the best.
Called it a Cruisade though not a Campaign.
>>
>>55216936
I feel that that river shouldn't be blue.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.