[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Book recommendations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_9602.jpg (55KB, 540x324px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9602.jpg
55KB, 540x324px
I need some book recommendations, I just finished the ringworld series, already read issac Asimovs books and the Enders game books.
I need /tg/ approved books
>>
>>55208661
Discworld ffs
>>
>>55208924
Already read that, it's I still morn his passing
>>
File: WEG - Dune.jpg (1MB, 1024x2304px) Image search: [Google]
WEG - Dune.jpg
1MB, 1024x2304px
>>55208661
The Dune series.
>>
File: 61955480.jpg (120KB, 1045x1662px) Image search: [Google]
61955480.jpg
120KB, 1045x1662px
>>55208661
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Approved_literature
>Science Fiction
>Douglas Adams - The Increasingly Inaccurately Named Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Trilogy
>Neal Asher - The Gridlinked Series
>Ian M. Banks- The Culture Series
>Paolo Bacigalupi - Pump Six and Other Stories
>David Brin - The Postman
>Edgar Rice Burroughs - the Barsoom Series-aka Mars Chronicles:
>Harlan Ellison - I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream
>Robert A. Heinlein - Starship Troopers
>Aldous Huxley - Brave New World
>Stanisław Lem - Tales Of Pirx the Pilot
>Walter M. Miller, Jr. - A Canticle for Leibowitz
>George Orwell - 1984, Animal Farm
>John Steakley - Armor
>Robert Sheckley - short stories
>Charles Stross - Missile Gap
>Andri Magnason - LoveStar
>H.G. Wells - The War of the Worlds and Time Machine
>>
>>55208661
Book of the New Sun is pretty great.
>>
Ive been reading the Stormlight archive and think its pretty good, what does /tg/ think of it?
>>
>>55210336
I think it's a solid 4/5
It's not perfect but what is dose good it's dose good
The next book is expected some time in November
>>
>>55209782
>approved literature
>David Brin
>George Orwell
Not sure if bait.
>>
>>55210247
Almost everything the man wrote is amazing.
>>
>>55210336
Stormlight is awesome.
I especially love the worldbuilding part of it.
Alternative evolution of flora and fauna due to the storms, weird cultural norms, weird shades of humans, some of them possibly being aliens, economy and magic based on stormlight, spren thing, etc.
>>
Ian M Banks is pretty good, I liked the Culture for a read-through every so often. Also best ship names.
Peter F Hamilton is usually pretty amazing, Commonwealth Saga is possibly the second-best sci-fi series I've ever read and has some nice aliej PoV after a while. Void Trilogy is a bit worse but still easily worth a read. Great North Road is REALLY long and boring, waste of time IMO. Zanth were the only good thing in it and they show up in like three chapters.

My absolute favourite was David Brin's Uplift Trilogy, which is great and momentous and has absurd amounts of excellent worldbuilding and some neat characters, I've read it about four times.
The Uplift Storm sequel trilogy is also good although slightly less so because less new stuff and a more static setting across the three books. Emerson is a great twist on the"amnesiac protagonist" thing, though, and I liked his arc even if he did have a few boring chapters of trudging around the place dealing with irrelevant villains and heroes who pretty much have no connection to the rest of the world and could probably have been left out. Still worth a read, but not really multiple.
>>
>>55208661
The January Dancer series by Michael Flynn is absolutely magnificent. His other works are also sheer brilliance in my opinion.
>>
>>55208661
>Jan Potocki - The Manuscript Found in Saragossa
>Gene Wolfe - Anything
>Philip Dick - Ubik, The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldrich
>Roger Zelazny - A Night in the Lonesome October
>Vernor Vinge - A Fire Upon the Deep, A Deepness in the Sky
>>
>>55210694
Roger Zelazny's This Immortal is also pretty great.
>>
>>55210548
I grabbed a copy of There Are Doors recently, and while I'm enjoying it, I'm not enjoying it to borderline obsessive degree I have his other work. Maybe I just need to read through it a couple more times before I really get it, I dunno.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.