[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First Time Evil Character Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: Mar Draft 1.jpg (2MB, 2472x3425px) Image search: [Google]
Mar Draft 1.jpg
2MB, 2472x3425px
Tomorrow I play as my very first evil aligned character. Neutral Evil Specifically.

The game is 4th Edition, for the record.

I'll Neutral Evil Paladin of Tiamat getting thrown into a party comprised of two Neutral characters. He's a Half-Orc with a big fuck-off executioner axe; you've seen this before.

I imagined the character as a kind of horrible amalgamation of Drax the Destroyer, Rath from Ben 10 and Jayne Cobb from Firefly in an attempt to avoid being a typically BLARGH I HIT WITH AXE type.

I'm struggling to get into the mindset of a selfish bastard, and I was hoping you elegan/tg/entlemen would have some tips for me. Any constructive advice, quotes to use in game, character art or relevant anecdotes is appreciated.

Pic related is my first draft of the character, drawn in shit pencil.
>>
>>55208345
>drawn in shit pencil
Yeah, *that's* the problem.
>>
>>55208779

Leave, /v/ermin
>>
>>55208345

Always ask yourself "How is this helping me right now?"

Is it giving you food? Is it giving you money? Can you just beat them up and take the shit w/o getting punished?
>>
Just imagine how pissed you'd be if your entire face got punched so hard it stayed smeared over on the right side of your skull.
>>
You don't always have to take the most evil option. If your character is a planner look for which option is going to benefit their schemes the greatest down the line. That being said don't be afraid to act in a way that is unambiguously evil if it is the best option at the time or if your character really wouldn't do anything else.
>>
File: 1467910043_2.jpg (51KB, 600x379px) Image search: [Google]
1467910043_2.jpg
51KB, 600x379px
>>55208345
>>
>>55212275
>>55214816

Yes, exactly like that!
>>
File: Mar Turn.jpg (1MB, 2394x3342px) Image search: [Google]
Mar Turn.jpg
1MB, 2394x3342px
>>55212275
>>55214816

The fuck are they talkin' about?

AH SHIT WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK.

There. Better.

Anyway, it's worth mentioning that this character isn't the brightest bulb. Intelligence is his dump stat, but that isn't an excuse to make him a bumbling buffoon.

He's not a complete moron, but he isn't a mastermind by any means. The only reason he took this job is so that he can raise enough funds and make some contacts so that he can have revenge on the merchant bastards that wronged him and set him down this dark path.

Still, he will at almost all times be a selfish prick; he worships the goddess of selfish pricks, after all. He knows the rules of acquisition and how to cut a deal, and all that.

Any idea's on memorable quotes for him to scream during battle?

I can't very well start every Ardent Vow with "LET ME TELL YA SOMETHING!", tempting though that may be.
>>
>>55217193
Lmao. I like how you redrew him & he looks even more like the flounder than the first pic.
>>
>>55217193
So...he's a Ferengi? Play him like a more physically competent Brunt?
>>
File: Snapshot_20151126 (10).jpg (57KB, 295x391px) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot_20151126 (10).jpg
57KB, 295x391px
Holy mother of god this is hilarious.

Your fucking pictures man. Glorious fuckng work man.

Many keks.

Gonna post one of my anime drawings to make you feel better.
>>
You dont have to run around like an 80's cartoon badguy to play evil.
You could even help people but the way you go about it isnt good.
>A good pc may spend some time and money hunting down the monster killing kids
>A evil pc would use an orphan as bate and making sure the monster is in the right location before springing the trap. The kid not dieing would be a bouns but its not an issue if he is eaten

Remember to not just go around dicking over your fellow pcs. Three things will happen
>interparty fighting all the time so nothing really gets done and you are all weaker because of it.
>Other pcs don't want your pc in the group anymore. They might just leave but its more likly when your bleeding out your just left
>The game falls apart. This is what I see happen too often when people play evil campaigns because people are not adult enough to understand you still need to work together

If some guy pisses you off, don't just give in to base. "IM GONNA MURDER THIS FOOL" think what would be the best thing to do in the long run. If I mess this guy up now what do I have to lose.
pic related
>>
File: Mar not perfect.jpg (757KB, 1680x2250px) Image search: [Google]
Mar not perfect.jpg
757KB, 1680x2250px
SHIT. HANG ON. LET ME GIVE IT ANOTHER GO.

There.

But yeah, he's kind of like a Ferengi in that regard; he comes from a family of spice merchants that got murder raped by orcs.

Turned out that was a set up by their competitors, who he's trying to get his sweet vengeance on. He's a big brute, but as a kid, he lived the high life on the plantation. Has a taste for the finer things, you know, a real appreciation for bitches and money.

I don't want him to act like a Ferengi all the time, though. He doesn't necessarily need to connive and wring his hands all day to make his money. He's got an axe for that.
>>
It's like he lost a bar fight with Picasso. XD
>>
>>55208345
If you don't know what the problem with your drawing is, his neck and face to the left of his nose is at an angle. His nose and the right side of his face is straight on. The proportions on the left eye and brow are good, and you shouldn't give up.

Trace a picture with somebody in the position you want to portray, just to get a better idea of the shape. You don't have to be detailed, just figure out where the features go.
>>
Yeah, I'll give you shit for it, but faces are my least favorite thing to draw. Very easy to make look stupid, even when you take care to avoid it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.