[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Systems with Large Scale Combat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: Beach Battle.jpg (63KB, 680x534px) Image search: [Google]
Beach Battle.jpg
63KB, 680x534px
I need suggestions/opinions/advice on systems with good large scale battle mechanics for future content for my campaign. I don't plan to have the party fighting alone along a giant front, by this part of the campaign I plan to have them fairly high leveled and renown among the military so they can step back and focus more on a strategic view for this portion of the arc.

I have ideas already for how they will deal with defensive structures but I need to adapt mechanics from another system so that when the hordes attack, I can work through large number fights against their defenses that they will overview be controlling. Its a Sci-fi setting so there are guns and air support and artillery, but no magic. The one system off the top of my head that might be workable would be Only War but I have no knowledge of the system.

Any opinions on what systems I should look into or if I'm better off trying to homebrew my own mechanics for this?
>>
I'll give it a bump for one last chance at life.
>>
Legend of the 5 Rings has a really awesome and simple system for mass battle.
>>
>>55207339
GURPS Mass Combat
>>
DnD 3.5
>>
>>55209436
Gonna have to give me some more info on where that information is at and what it includes, and also consider this is Sci-fi so guns and shit, so it might take a lot of patching.

That goes in general for others, if you could, just give a brief overview of how stuff gets resolved. Like is there a giant HP pool and just dice explosions or other stuff involved? Would be greatly appreciated to help narrow down instead of reading through half a dozen to a dozen systems for their stuff
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.