[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best ADnD 2nd Edition Adventures?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1444293539646.jpg (167KB, 593x564px) Image search: [Google]
1444293539646.jpg
167KB, 593x564px
Looking to a run a game of ADnD 2nd Edition for my group, but cannot be assed to make a whole new campaign from scratch.

Any advice on good adventures/adventure modules that start at low levels? Google searching has been surprisingly fruitless.
>>
>>55204802
Most of the very low-level dungeons sucked, I'm afraid.

B1 In Search Of The Unknown for levels 1-3 is generally safe but uninteresting.

Terrible Trouble At Tragidore is somewhat endurable for levels 5-8, but some of the foes are bullshit.

I've read T1 The Village Of Hommlet for levels 1-8. The town seems really detailed for non-combat things, and the underground levels of the moat house are sensible. But I've never played it. That's the one I'd try, because if the encounters are too much, there are hooks to add other options to allow you to grind up before reentering the dungeon.
>>
>>55204802
the best games are ones that you develop yourself....
>>
>>55205431
Was considering Return to the Keep on the Borderlands, anyone had experience with it? I found a good PDF
>>
>>55205529
For some of these dungeons, you had to be real smart. If you use the At Death's Door optional rule, you'll probably be ok. They were not shy with poison and disease, so a few potions of cure poison and disease would be good to have. Preventing a TPK is the most important thing. If you do that, the value is just in the novelty of the module and you should enjoy it.
>>
>>55206763
I was going to use the 0 HP variant where you can survive being dropped to 0 HP exactly, but i kind of sold the system on the hyper lethality of it and it feels cheap to backpedal so hard on it with the full deaths door rule
>>
>>55208050
They will die anyway.
>>
>>55208050
If you're sold on the lethality, and you pick a low level dungeon, the adventure can be over very quickly, but the stakes are a joke, barely worth adventuring for.

I'd drop the low level bullshit and hit the Steading Of The Hill Giant Chief with levels 9-13. It's still deadly but your characters can actually do something.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.