[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Neverwinter Nights Campaigns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault (9).jpg (193KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (9).jpg
193KB, 1280x960px
Looking back on it /tg/ what is our collective thoughts on the nwn 1 and nwn 2 campaigns. In categorises of Plot, Fun well designed ect.

>NWN 1
>SOU
>HOTU
>NWN 2
>MOTB
>SOZ
>>
>>55204338
I really want to make a NWN campaign in lieu of actually trying to do it traditionally.
>>
>>55204338

Hordes was neato because I like to play higher-level characters
Same goes for Mask

Mask had the much better story of the two, hordes was pure battle
>>
I pull things from motb all the time. I really enjoyed the overarching conflict that it had. It actually made the forgotten realms an interesting place to me.
>>
>>55204679

I feel that forgotten realms gets allot of bad flack and some of it is deserved sadly. However I also find it easier to just enjoy forgotten realms if you take away Elminister and put a back burner on the mystra crap. Along with playing sometimes outside the sword coast.
>>
>>55204786
Aye, Toril has some interesting stuff in it, you just gotta look for it. Generally, the farther you get from the Sword Coast the better.
>>
>>55204338
I am nostalgic over NWN, and enjoyed NWN 2. The modding community was great, and still carries on to an extent. I play campaigns in NWN 1, often tweaked to my liking with hack packs like CEP 2.4 (I find 2.6 to be buggy), ems, and female torsos, modded equipment, extra potions, and re-stated NPCs using the toolset.

It's also fun using the character editors to try to make PCs of races that aren't available in the core game.

Also the best campaigns in NWN 1 were from the modding community, like the Aielund Saga.
>>
>OG NWN1
Uninspired pile of crap. The act 1 bad guy is obvious from the very beginning, Fenthic comes out as an unlikable idiot who in his stupidity condemns Aribeth to suffer everything that happened to her. The main bad lizard girl is literally who. It's like they didn't know how to use their own toolkit yet when they were making it. All battles are CR encounter tables, so if you're level 1 you get 3 bandits, and if you're level 20 you get 30, but of the same level.
>SotU
A much better campaign overall. Characters are more interesting (though some companions are flat as hell). I liked it on release, but when the modding community gained its momentum, there were already much better fan modules.
>HotU
Now we're talking. Hands down the best NWN1 campaign. Especially satisfying to play as an evil character along with The Gods Themselves fan trilogy (you start after you killed Mephistopheles and became the lord of Cania). It's weird that when old Bioware started incorporating Planescape elements they started to make better stories.
>NWN2
Shares the same problem with NWN1 original campaign. It's really uninspired. There are only few memorable moments, most of them are companion interactions.
>MotB
Again, add Planescape elements, and you got weird but exciting story. Can't recommend it enough.
>SOZ
Meh? Maybe I'm spoiled, but I like more focused stories. Though it reminded me of Troika's ToEE a lot, so I can't really complain. Still, it's not better than MotB.
>>
>>55205191
agree with all of your assessments
>SOZ
yeah, it was incredibly threadbare. I can see what they were going for, if a real campaign had been built on top of that base it might've been interesting background noise, but basically it was a series of sidequests
>>
>>55205191
I feel like with NWN2 the OC was trying for another deconstructive story, but something was holding Obsidian back for some reason.
>>
>>55204338
HOTU had some fun areas and going to Hell was cool, but I felt like it was Monty Haul as fuck.

But generally they all suffered from Bioware multi-part MgGuffins, Bioware railroading, and especially Bioware morality choices:

>Peasant father: Thank you for saving my daughter! Please, take these few coins that I can spare!
>Response option 1: No no good sir, you need them more than I do. Keep them. Your thanks are more than enough. [Good]
>Response option 2: Thanks, that'll do nicely. [Neutral]
>Response option 3: I'll take that.... and your head as well!!! (attack) [Evil]
>>
>>55207402
>pare!
>>Response option 1: No no good sir, you need them more than I do. Keep them. Your thanks are more than enough. [Good]
>>Response option 2: Thanks, that'll do nicely. [Neutral]
>>Response option 3: I'll take that.... and your head as well!!! (attack) [Evil]

Bioware when they first did this was fun. Because at the time you where kinda forced the good guy/semi neutral choices. Most games int the early 2000s and mid and below where kinda just one tracked in character choices. 'keyword for most'

However looking at it now. Its Black and White as fuck.
>>
>>55204338
Bioware sure does love those "behold, Reptilian Precursors" storylines, don't they?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.