[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dire Avengers.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

File: Ulthwé_Dire_Avengers.jpg (73KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
Ulthwé_Dire_Avengers.jpg
73KB, 650x650px
What do you think of these guys? Opinions?

I think they're shit like the Guardians, but they only cost 50 points, so I don't really know if they're decent cannon fodder at least? Have you tried them? What do you guys think?
>>
>>55201566
They shred infantry good, but like all aspect warriors, they are boring because they boil down to the gun they carry, and their is just a fucking shuriken catapult.

Still, in the last edition, if you wanted to kill a blob of infantry dead, you could do the Dire avenger shrine formation with 3 6 man avenger squads, and put them into 3 falcons and then deep strike them with no scattering near the cunts you wanted to murder. With the bladestorm attack the formation allowed, you were able to dish out insane amount of shots.
Total overkill outside of maybe apocalypse sized games, but fun.
>>
>>55201729
Howa bout Wraithlords?
>>
>>55201566
Better than guards, don't stand a chance against marines.
Still pretty good looking, eldar are always fancy.
>>
>>55201788
Like with most eldar heavy support options, it is pretty good. Not the best though, due to high price and slow speed.
>>
File: dark-eldar-codex-3rd-horz.jpg (122KB, 900x541px) Image search: [Google]
dark-eldar-codex-3rd-horz.jpg
122KB, 900x541px
>>55201729
I'm OP.

After reading the new released book I think I don't really like the Guardians, the Storm Guardians or the Dire Avengers. Dark Eldars have notably better basic units than the normal Eldars, and now I think I'll include Kabalite warriors and Wyches instead. I still like the Eldar Rangers though, but for the next tournament I intend to include four supercheap Kabalite units, some Harlequins (loved these guys, although they're kinda expensive) and maybe a small unit of Dire Avenger guys to occupy some target in a building or something. Of course as Aspect Warrior unit I prefer the Dark Reapers, but I think I'll give the Dire Avenger at least one opportunity considering that they don't cost too much even though they just have a crummy catapult as you correctly noticed before.

Guardians are kind of bad, but instead of the Harlequins I feel tempted to include 12 Guardians within a Serpent vehicle so they can rekt some enemy unit at least like when the Swooping Hawks or the Scourges appear out of nowhere. In my opinion Dire Avengers or Guardians are only effective if you manage to preserve over 10 of them, you need many of them to shoot a lot, otherwise they're pretty inoffensive.

I love the Kabalites because they always wound your sorry ass with +4, and five of these guys cost less than 50. You include four units of five Kabalites and those 20 shoots can easily rape a monster or a demon, and you've just spent about 140 or 150 points only.

I like the new book, using the best of the three different Eldar armies seems pretty cool even though I feel they downgraded the Wraithlord a lot, but my idea is too use cheap Kabalites like if they were coward sneaky Tau, and maybe the cheap Dire Avengers as well so I can have 6 basic units instead of 5.

The last time I loved the Dark Reapers, but I found the Fire Dragons meh. I may sell units I don't wanna use anymore on Ebay so I can replace them with units that seem better to me from my own biased point.
>>
>>55201566
take squad of 10, give them the 5+ invun on the exarch.

I find them to be extremely effective as the enemy want to focus your harder targets like wraithguard, and then they shred a whole unit of tacticals in one go with a few lucky rolls
>>
>>55201788
I'm under the impression that these are slow and expensive heavy weapons platforms that are cool as fuck, can be specced to hold their own in melee, and are overly expensive but also mandatory because of how fucking badass they look.

Swooping Hawks got taken down a notch, but the went from fuck you tier to good tier; warp spiders likewise lost their melee value but both are still outstanding. Still waiting for the codex to come out to see if there'll be anything funky to permit rapid deployment from transports but my money is on needing jetbike assaults for your first wave of combat
>>
>>55201937
Speaking of using the best..... Can you take a beast master and minimum strength unit razorwing flocks to set up for soulburst spam?
>>
File: IMG_3795.jpg (70KB, 600x397px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3795.jpg
70KB, 600x397px
>>55201729
>like all aspect warriors, they are boring because they boil down to the gun they carry
Please don't rub it in
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.