[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arslan Senki Tabletop Campaign

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

File: Arslan Senki - 13 - Large 06.jpg (160KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Arslan Senki - 13 - Large 06.jpg
160KB, 1280x720px
Is there a good world guide / campaign setting type book for the world of Arslan Senki?

Something that details the countries and people's and religions?

I can't help but feel (as I watch the most recent anime) that it would make an excellent bronze age campaign setting which I'd probably run with gurps + martial arts + low tech.

Anybody have a good setting resource?
>>
>>55196687
Oh wow, someone else who watched some of this.

It was originally a manga, which unfortunately I can't find.

But Arslan Senki is loosely based on a real Persian legend of the king of Arslan, with the bad guys being a weird 'Christianized' version of what were actually fucking Muslims. So if you wanted a resource your best bet would be to look into pre-islamic Persian history.

Which is really depressing when you get into it
>>
File: The_Heroic_Legend_of_Arslan[1].jpg (44KB, 272x384px) Image search: [Google]
The_Heroic_Legend_of_Arslan[1].jpg
44KB, 272x384px
>>55196687
>>55197069
But anyway, aside from the ANIMEisms like Arslan being a fuccboi and the titty priestess, the show does do a good job of addressing some of the material - the Persian Empire was ancient and powerful, but a long line of muddle successionary fuckery, warlords, and the ascendancy of the Muslims was threatening it. Slavery was a social issue, though their slavery wasn't the same kind of Slavery we had despite the shows projection, and everyone was in it for themselves.

"Whilst the protagonist's name appears to may have been taken from the popular Persian epic of Amir Arsalan, other than this anachronism, Arslan and his Parsian enemies and allies primarily share many parallels with Cyrus the Great and other historical figures of 6th century BCE Persia (albeit with several liberties taken), whereas the conflicts with the Lusitanian forces (which bear the Byzantine Orthodox cross) – despite mostly French names and a certain religious zealotry implying a connection to the (Catholic) Crusades (again, with liberties taken)– appear to be based on the Byzantine–Persian Wars, specifically those of the 6th century CE. Furthermore, several names of prominent Parsian characters appear to be taken from known important figures throughout Persian history as well as the historically unsubstantiated legendary parts of the historiographic Persian epic Shahnameh. Additionally, supernatural elements mostly based on ancient Near East mythology increasingly play a role as the series goes on."

hopefully this is a good start. I would recommend looking up Zoroastrianism too, since that would've been the state religion of Persia.
>>
>>55197241
But I like the titty priestess and fuccboi Arslan
>>
>>55197241
Huh.

I thought it was supposed to be entirely fictional countries with a sort of iron age slant to it.

I guess that gives me the historical basis.

Is there anything official for the world of the Light novel/manga/ova/anime? Or is my best bet to look up historical stuff and extrapolate?

And yeah, I figured the bad guys followed a christianity/Islam hybrid there.

Interesting to hear that yoshitaka Amano illustrated a bunch of the books. I'm assuming just the light novels.

As for the manga, the character designs look like the ones in the manga on mangafox.

>>55197069
It was originally a light novel, then a manga. The Manga is on manga fox. You could download it from there with a script if you can't find it anywhere else.
>>
File: wtf is this shit.png (923KB, 863x921px) Image search: [Google]
wtf is this shit.png
923KB, 863x921px
>>55196687
God, that anime sucked balls.
>>
>>55197562
Hahaha.

I like historical fiction and wuxia. This watches like something between the two.

Not what I wanna watch all the time, but I just finished s1 and enjoyed it a lot.
>>
>>55196687
My NIGGER!!!!

yes!
YASHASHIN!!!!

(will reply again when it's not 3am)
>>
File: arslan senki reader.jpg (53KB, 332x474px) Image search: [Google]
arslan senki reader.jpg
53KB, 332x474px
>>55196687
There is. Hope you can read Japanese.
>>
File: CB0-4E4W8AA3xLW.png large.png (821KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
CB0-4E4W8AA3xLW.png large.png
821KB, 1024x576px
Arslan is cute. Cuuuute!
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.