[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mythic Heroes and Science Fantasy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

Is it acceptable that characters on the level of Achilles, Jason, or Perseus. would be capable of defeating a war machine comparable to Armored Core V's ACs or the ADFX-02 Morgan from Ace Combat Zero in single combat?

Is it acceptable that those same ACs would be able to effectively engage monsters of myth like those from the 12 Labors or the Odyssey?
>>
>>55196082
Don't see why not. Loads of cool settings run on bullshit.

I was watching Armoured Hunter Mellowlink today and that has a guy on foot taking down mechs with his giant antitank rifle - including in melee combat using the hydraulic spike bayonet.
>>
>>55196112
>hydraulic spike bayonet
You cannot believe how many times I've rodeo'd an enemy Titan in TF2 only to wish I had access to a fucking pile driver.
>>
>>55196855
>TF2
Wait, what? When did they add titans?
>>
>>55196871
Titanfall 2.
>>
File: UNDEFEATED OF THE EAST.jpg (171KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
UNDEFEATED OF THE EAST.jpg
171KB, 1920x1080px
>>55196082

The answer is and will always be yes.
>>
>fifth gen ACs
Going off of the Mellowlink example, it's certainly possible, but not very probable. Fifth gen ACs are very mobile, much more so than Armored Troopers, and this is assuming we're talking about bipeds. Tanks would likely be insurmountable for them. Let's not even get started on ultimate weapons.

The Morgan is a plane. It can be equipped with a laser and a missile with a blast radius that's measured in decameters.
And, you know, it can fly.
I'm hard pressed to see something comparable to it that doesn't fly.
>>
>>55196082
Of course, given that men of far lesser capability destroyed said war machines in single combat themselves. But don't make it just a "I swing my sword at this tank until it is ded", make it a puzzle that they actually have to figure out in order to disable the war machine, be it climbing it shadow of the colossus style, figuring out its weak points, setting up a trap, ect.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.