[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Magic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1433461079743.jpg (758KB, 813x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1433461079743.jpg
758KB, 813x1080px
Every spell that exists, every enchantment and effect, every summon and curse and hex and subtle manipulation of the universe comes from somewhere. Magic is doing nothing except creating an overlap between our world and another world in such a way that some of the qualities of that world bleed into ours.

For some spells this is easy to understand. Fireball? Clearly just a moving transposition between our world and the elemental plane of Fire. Someone struck by it isn't simply burnt like they would be if you pressed a torch to them, their flesh is transposed into that realm of flame momentarily and suffers the results of it. Some spells are stranger. Necromancy is considered profoundly heretical and profane less because it raises the dead and more because of what it taps in on. It transposes the corpse with the deathless realm from which all life, the "Soul", originates. It places a corpse into a realm in which death does not exist and forces, by means of inescapable contradiction, the body to rise again.

Some spells, charm for instance, are far more difficult to pin down the origin of. Many would be pioneers have attempted, by means of the interaction of magical gateways and these sorts of spells, to discern their source. All attempts have either been inconclusive or resulted in the permanent alteration of the experimenter. See Alstair Oakstaff's work "Realms of Unbearable Carnal Pleasure" for more information on these attempts.
>>
>>55195873
pretty much FMA anime
>>
>>55195873
Clearly the caster of Charm is tapping into a parallel universe where he rolled an exploding crit on a diplomacy check.
>but skills can't-
Parallel. Universe.
>>
>>55196188
I guess it would depend on what kind of charm. The charm of getting someone to agree with you and making someone find you attractive are two different things. If you fuck it up you might just make the ambassador for the mole people horny.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.