[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LGS Stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: THIS A PRO MTG PLAYMAT.jpg (134KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
THIS A PRO MTG PLAYMAT.jpg
134KB, 1280x960px
>Saturday nigh, LGS organizes a "new" commander event - "The Hot Seat:" People get randomly selected to play 4-man free-for-all games for a minimal fee (about $1.50), winner gets a HOD booster and a promo to a randomly chosen loser.
>Venture into with Daretti stax, next to me is a Monogreen ramp Omnath, and in front of us some guy with the new (modified) Emminence Ur-Dragon 5c commander, and his landwhale girlfriend piloting Olivia Voldaren 2.0 (the shit one) in front of me.
>Dice is rolled, I go last. Game Starts.
>Onmath player quickly sets up his ramp with forest and bop.
>Dragon player sets up a fetch and passes.
>Olivia landwhale has never touched a card in her life. His boyfriend basically teaches her what lands are and tells her what to do.
>I get the hand of my life with Crystal Vein, Sol Ring, Basal Monolith, Sensei's Divining Top and a Moutain. I proceed to ramp and leave mana open for a spin.
>Second round passes: Omnath lands with mana open. Ur-Dragon lands sylvan library. Olivia drops a mountain.
>T2 Daretti, I fix my hand.
>Tird round passes: Omnath bitchslaps Ur-Dragon, Olivia terminates him on her boyfriend's command.
>T3 SSG into Wildfire. I smirk.
>Omnath player is out for the rest of the game for he is mana screwed into oblivion.
>I proceed to stomp into the weakest link, Olivia.
>>
>>55195845
>Ur-Dragon visibly annoyed. Pretty much taves over olivia and direct all of her removal towards me. Dude amazingly recovers with toppdeccking a bit o land. From there the rest of the game became an uphill battle between me and a guy with two decks. Meanwhile Onmath player just sits there in a corner, maybe meditating about the series of events that led to this travesty of an already gay format.
>Ur-Dragon finally lands and get blown out into smithereens.
>What do you know: He and her girlfriend are left standing to battle for the booster.
>I quietly pack my stuff and stay to see how this unfolds.
>They start making out.
>On the flip side: I won the consolation promo (a full-art Memnite)
>I gave it to Onmath as an apology and tell me to team up next time.
>>
>>55195845
Why does her weight matter to the story
>>
>>55195876

I want tumblr to leave.
>>
>>55195845
what >>55195876 said
>>
>>55195876
That's why people make fun of us
Please leave or go back to /co/
>>
Why in the world would you start a new player of Magic on EDH, anyway? I'll acknowledge I may be biased against the format, but it seems like the worst possible environment, with the wide variety of complex cards in a format with several fundamental rules of play that differ from every other format. This story may or may not be fake or exceptionally stupid but I do hear that particular thing actually happens.
>>
>>55198093

The douchebag brought her girlfriend as a proxy player. He basically had control over TWO decks.
>>
>>55195876
This
>>
>>55195876
because it helps with visualizing the situation and highlights that she has made alot of poor choices in life.
>>
>>55195876
Because fatties are a literal disease to humanity. Boone but yourself to blame. Thankfully. My lgs is located next door to a very normie bar. Since it's opening the degenerates of our store have stopped coming to late night sessions de to fear of being ridiculed by drunk Normies. MTg attracts some of the worst individuals this species has to offer.
>>
File: necropotence.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
necropotence.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
I'm sorry, this is yet another MTG story.

>LGS mainly does D&D, but has a small MTG community besides
>Commander night has only 3 players this time, including myself
>I'm the shitstain that always borrows a deck
>Borrow the fucking big Eldrazi deck with Kozilek as the commander
>Meren deck is ready to kill me and the blue artifacts dude
>Blue artifacts deck is struggling to maintain much board
>I hit that magical threshold for being able to cast Emrakul, The Promised End
>We all think it's too little, too late. I have to take down the Meren deck from full life in a single stolen turn
>Whatever, let's try anyways
>Pick up the Meren player's hand
>IT'S A FUCKING NECROPOTENCE, I can play it and make him explode himself
>Look at the board
>There's only two fucking Swamps available to me
>Okay, well, I can Skullclamp all of the smaller creatures by paying with the Forests
>Don't hit the Swamp in the next 8 draws from Skullclamp
>"I had a good life"
>But wait, blue artifacts dude has something that allows anyone to play an extra land on their turn
>Fuck it, I'll play this Altar's Reap and spend down a black, maybe I'll hit TWO Swamps
>I hit two fucking swamps
>Necropotence
>Meren player loses
>Blue artifact guy then kills me afterwards because I was sitting at less than 10 life
>All of us confused as to what the hell just happened
>>
>>55200035
My lgs is right next to a bar too, but you still see swarms of smelly shitbags. The lgs smells terrible, their books are busted up, used, and sold at full price or over priced, the owner's a greedy prick and land whales/meth heads frequent the area like a tide of goblinoids and ogres.

This is why I just get drunk with friends and play games with them at whoseever place is free at the time.
>>
>>55195876
Because fat people are the correct people to hate.
>>
>>55198189
If it's a randomly selected free for all, why were they put in the same game?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.