[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

That Guy Problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: 1450927215507.jpg (115KB, 848x942px) Image search: [Google]
1450927215507.jpg
115KB, 848x942px
As my good luck's had it, I've managed to go for almost 15 years of gaming without having to deal with a That Guy. I made sure to always play with people I know, trust, and like, and my gaming buddies were usually my general purpose real life buddies anyway so this was never an issue. Unfortunately, my sister just moved to Massachusetts for her new job and we were missing a player, so another member of the group - my oldest, best, and most trusted friend - brought in an army buddy he vouched for.

Said army buddy... well, the problem is I can't really say he "doesn't work", or something. He's a good player, clearly an intelligent guy, he doesn't do anything bad on purpose. Doesn't disrupt the game itself or anything. However, he's kinda obnoxious and he's got some bad habits. He constantly hits on another player, he takes every opportunity to bring up politics/make stupid political jokes, and a few times already he's had one of those "Why aren't you all laughing/praising me? Can't you see how crazy/edgy/brilliant I am?". You know, the type of dude who always makes sure to show up with a death metal t-shirt with the sleeves just short enough so you could see his dragon tattoos and asks whether clerics and black people get Int penalties.

Like, it's uncomfortable. The other players seem to get along with him mostly fine so long as he doesn't try to hit on them so I'm reluctant to flat out take disciplinary measures, but I don't know the guy so I feel like it'd be impolite to straight out tell him his shit's grating. I dunno, it's a delicate situation. I'm used to players just getting along and being excellent.

Any advice?
>>
File: 4chan tg solution.png (54KB, 1051x657px) Image search: [Google]
4chan tg solution.png
54KB, 1051x657px
>>55190111
Have you tried talking like two adult human beings?
>>
My advice would be to talk about it with your group, and ask them what they think of his behavior, and then discuss with them how it's bumming you out. Once you're sure your group will support you, then talk to the guy about it.

The best way to do it is with a smile and a laugh and say something like, "Hey man, I appreciate your jokes, but maybe save them for when the game is over." I don't know how to word it, because I am not you. But I notice if you do it with a smile and a laugh, they will take it better than if you went up to them seriously. The trick is saying your piece while still keeping the mood of the game going.

If your group agrees with you beforehand, they can support you on your brief confrontation.
>>
Let this go on no longer. The GM has to be a referee. Referees call out troublesome players. They don't brood on it for weeks and then have a big confrontation where they list off all the player's fouls. If something unacceptable is happening at your table, it has to be dealt with then and there.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.