[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where were you when magic died?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 21

Where were you when magic died?
>>
Back in 2011? At highschool, I guess.
>>
>>55188469
Selling cards when eldrazi ruined Zendikar the first time around
>>
>>55188469
You give these people an inch or in the case of my pic related a consulting job, they will take the whole damn thing.
>>
After Ravnica, there were no good ideas. I was in high school at the time and had taken a break from my to focus on my studies in anticipation of college.
>>
>>55188469
Why does Wizards listen to Tumblr that much and bend over so much for them? They must know that's not their main target group?
Complaining on the Internet =/= buying packs.
Their main demographic is stil white nerds, they must know that, right?
>>
>>55188711
And Antifa is mostly frail white men in their 20s.

Most magic players are left leaning or to pussy to speak thier mind.
>>
>>55188469
>Gideon
>Liliana
>"Why aren't minrities in gatewatch?"
Wut?
What's minority for these fuckers?
>>
File: smug animu 4.jpg (32KB, 480x531px) Image search: [Google]
smug animu 4.jpg
32KB, 480x531px
>>55188589
It's actually really funny and good to make fat nerds who cry about black people online mad via putting more black people in the card game. More people should bully you and remind you that you'll never get laid.
>>
>>55188863
Black women.
>>
How am I supposed to know? I can't see the future.
>>
>>55188589
>We asked advice to a Black woman to make an Egyptian inspired setting
If I were Egyptian I'd be mad, srly, this is so racist
>>
File: 1495131262637.jpg (15KB, 232x206px) Image search: [Google]
1495131262637.jpg
15KB, 232x206px
>>55188875
>>
>>55188863
Gideon is a tan Greek guy, the kind you'd see on steamy romance novel covers.
>>
>>55188469
To be fair, the fact that everyone in the Gatewatch is white does show that WotC virtue signalling is done in the most safe and insipid manner possible. Look at all these black side characters. And nowwww... introducing the main cast, the actual important characters, five whites and a lion!

You see this everywhere. It's in the new SW films too. Hey guys, look, an asian! A black person! Now watch them stand aside for the main characters, who all white!

If you're gonna commit to having non-whites have the fucking balls to put them in primary roles, rather than essentially having them fill out the back bench while patting yourself on the back for being progressive.

>>55188863
>women
>a minority

They make up over half the world's population, dude.
>>
What is it about Magic that attracts /pol/ to make a bunch of shitty bait threads for it?
>>
>>55188949
Liliana is Arab, dude, it's a minority here last time I checked. So again, what counts as minority for these people?
>>
>>55188949
Actually, by latest population estimates men are the minority. It's like 50.5% vs 49.5% but there you have it.
>>
>>55188949
>Gideon
>White
>Liliana
>White
>Ajani
>White
>Nissa
>White, or even human
>Ajani
>White, or even human
>>
>>55188711
Their main demographic is whoever they can grab. Now that nerd shit is more acceptable, working to appeal to general audiences - which are more left than right - is now pretty profitable for them.

And it's not like neeeeerds aren't mostly left leaning anyway. Most people groan at tumblr when they hear this shit but it's not enough to make them quit the game.
>>
File: 106b.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
106b.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>55188992
Are you just willingly retarded?
>>
>>55188711
Wizards is a big company with lots of target groups. If adding women and minorities makes women and minorities more likely to buy cards, they'll do it. White male nerds don't tend to care about race, and women aren't a problem for them either as long as they're attractive.
>>
>>55188949
The whitest mofo you'll ever see
>>
>>55189018
>White male nerds don't tend to care about race

Explain all these mtg threads for the past 3 or so years.
>>
>>55189016
Are you? Liliana is Arab...oh, wait, you're one of those who think everybody who lives in Africa and Middle East is Black
>>
File: liliana13.jpg (185KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
liliana13.jpg
185KB, 1200x675px
>>55188975
>>55188992
Liliana isn't fucking Arab (that said, 'Arabs' can be a lot of things, but she's clearly not the type of brown Arab you're thinking of), what are you on about? She's virtually translucent in most of her art.

Gideon is basically a white dude with a tan. He's Fantasy Greek.

Nissa is a white elf.

Ajani is a lion, and doesn't really count. In fact, his presence is more damming, because it means a fucking lion got in before a non-white.
>>
>>55188975
>Liliana
>Arab
That was never actually true. The Creative Team clarified that Maro had been operating under false assumptions.
>>
>>55188992
>Ajani
>not white
He was literally shunned by much of his tribe for having white fur. It was seen as a bad omen.
>>
>>55188983
You mean they're the majority now?

Jesus China, stop skewing this shit.
>>
File: IMG_0692~01~02.jpg (31KB, 301x373px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0692~01~02.jpg
31KB, 301x373px
>be far right racist
>love mtg since 2002
>love dinosaurs
>finally get dinosaurs in the midst of magics most anti white year
>dont give a fuck because dinosaurs dont have a "race" and can't be exploited for tumblr points
>mfw
>>
>>55189044
Many many liberals and SJW don't treat mediterraneans as white (at least when it fits their agenda). /pol/ doesn't either.
>>
>>55189037
>>55188992
Retconned, Liliana is not Arabic, though I think she was mediterranean, anymore
>>
>>55189088
>most anti white year

What does that even mean?
>>
>>55188973
It's popular, is growing in popularity, and last year gave exceedingly easy targets.
One of the best things about Ixalan so far is that there isn't a single, easily-targeted thing to shitpost so far that gets spammed every single damn thread about the set, so they're resorting to older stuff or general things.
>>
>>55189088
The people who ride the dinosaurs can be exploited for tumblr posts, and so far seem to be set up to be. Unless a new spoiler says otherwise, not a single native has been shown dead, dying, or in any kind of serious danger so far.
>>
File: beard-17.jpg (51KB, 608x405px) Image search: [Google]
beard-17.jpg
51KB, 608x405px
>>55189069
>white fur
So this guy is white? he has white hair, therefore white I guess
>>
>>55189089
>SJWs and /pol/ do this retarded thing

Doesn't mean everyone else has to.

Both those groups have something in common - they're complete fucking morons. Why would you want to act like them?
>>
>>55189088
I'm glad everything you love continues to be ruined in your eyes.
>>
>>55189139
Are you the same guy who every once in a while throws a creepy shitfit about women in magic cards not being put in danger enough?
>>
>>55188875
>virgin shaming
Yet another reminder that women, liberals, and niggers are little more than animals who care only about status and sex.
>>
File: 1502890444671.jpg (13KB, 436x338px) Image search: [Google]
1502890444671.jpg
13KB, 436x338px
>>55188934
>Oh jeez, somebody called me out on my bullshit!
>I know what'll stop 'im, I'll call them insecure!
you sure got him, anon.
>>
>>55189147
But the person asking in >>55188469
is a SJW
>>
>Main characters are all white
>two dragons, and a golem made of silver are white
>>
>>55189152
I'm glad that leftists continue to justify the hatred and disdain that's levied at them.
>>
>>55189187
Ugin, Bolas and Karn are not the main characters of Magic. Karn hasn't even shown up for 6 years.

If you don't realize the Gatewatch are Magic's main characters, you are being willfully obtuse.
>>
>>55189187
Besides Sorin might be white by complexion, but he's Romanian by heritage.
>>
I'll translate for you guys:
Why are there no minorities (translators note: BLACKS, full Congolese blacks or at least Tupac level of Blacks) in the gatewatch??? I know multiple people who will not get into magic because they know that you are only branding white people (translator's note: Anyone who isn't full Congolese Black or at least Tupac level) as the main characters of magic, and it really bums all of us out (translator's note: SJW and Libcucks). It trully gives the gatewatch a white savior complex (Translator's note: Keikaku means plan) and is something that many people fells strongly about (Translator's note: SJW, libcuks, /pol/, my mom, etc)
>>
>niggers and other brownies are too incompetent to make their own card game featuring shitskins, so they have to guilt whites into doing it for them
Like pottery
>>
>>55189233
I was going to say at least you tried to be funny, but I'm not sure about that.
>>
...so Gideon doesn't count? neither does Saheeli? neither Chandra? she's a redhead, that shit is even more minority and were generally oppresed than Blacks. I remember Liliana being Middle Eastern, even devs said she was. I don't get this shit anymore.
>>
>Where were you when /tg/ died?
>>
File: Agenda.jpg (237KB, 1260x445px) Image search: [Google]
Agenda.jpg
237KB, 1260x445px
>>55189127
Pic related.

>>55189152
Well... I'm kinda stating the opposite. Despite wizards best efforts, they can't enforce gender or race bullshit onto my dinosaurs.
>>
>>55189263
Gideon is more Mediterranean, but even with all the shit that's gone on with his character design he's never looked non-white. Saheeli isn't a member of the Gatewatch, though she may be one day. Chandra isn't non-white, which in the case of the original poster on Maro's blog is what's important, though I'm sure they'd be happy to get into oppression olympics with you on who is "more oppressed" and other stupid shit like that. Liliana being Arabic was a mistake on Maro's part that they corrected.
>>
>>55189288
That pic doesn't say anything, other than there being some female PWs of color. I don't know how that translates to "anti white," unless in your mind minorities can only exist to the exclusion of white characters, even though that is clearly not the case.
>>
>>55189180
>called out on bullshit
You mean just called people virgins?

Thats all it takes to win an argument for you eh?
>>
>>55189294
Wait, Saheeli didn't join Gatewatch? mmm, I must have read something wrong.
>>
>>55189317
She was invited to join by Chandra, but she declined because she felt she was needed on Kaladesh.
>>
>>55189180
>you virgin lmao
It's literally "muh dik" tier
>>
>>55189305
>I don't know how that translates to "anti white," unless in your mind minorities can only exist to the exclusion of white characters, even though that is clearly not the case.
There is ultimately a finite number of characters at any point in Magic.
Just as every white character means one less potential colored character, so to does the reverse.
>>
>>55189263
Gideon's white, dude.

Saheeli isn't a main character.
>>
>>55189354
So how does that translate to "anti white"? What about having limited design space (which isn't true, since Magic characters are not limited to just the ones that are named) makes it confrontational?
>>
>>55189288
>Yelling tards, dinosaur riders and back-alley-shankers are """"planeswalkers""" now
Pathetic
>>
Why are there even characters in Magic? Back in my day, we had lands, monsters, and spells. And we liked it!
>>
>>55189375
>Mediterraneans (aka Latins) are now white
Ok, people, I can't keep up with you, you keep changing this shit every damn 5 minutes
>>
>>55189389
Legends was in 1994 grandpa.
>>
>>55189044
The reason a lot of people think Liliana is Persian is because Maro said she was one time. I got the impression he was misremembering or misspoke or something because she does not appear to be, even during Origins where they could have made her Dominaria lands personalized didn't appear to be inspired by that time and place. Even Arabs can be quite fair skinned but she doesn't have any the correct facial features.
>>
>>55188589
>>55188915
Post yfw you realize that the whole normalization of the idea that the majority of ancient Egyptians were actually black is to make the public think less of the Semitic people (particuarly arabs) so that the West can continue their violence and discrimination against them
>>
>>55189393
Mediterraneans are considered a subtype of white Caucasians. Because they have white skin and Caucasoid features. They're fucking white.

I haven't changed my stance once in this thread. You're just an idiot.
>>
>>55189401
>ny the correct facial features.
She has long nose and angular face
>>
File: img000002.png (355KB, 800x1149px) Image search: [Google]
img000002.png
355KB, 800x1149px
>>55188875
>More people should bully you and remind you that you'll never get laid.
I've never understood this mentality.

Should we also bully cripples to remind them they'll never be able to walk on two feet or something?
Just like people who can't walk have physical disability, people who can't get laid have social disability. You people treat it like it's something to be shamed for when in reality it's something to cure the person in question from.
And while in case of physical disability, said treatment is also physical (surgery, prosthetics and shit - I dunno, you name it), in case of social disability the treatment is - you guessed it - social.

Whenever you make fun of an awkward person instead of educating them on what is it exactly that they are doing wrong and helping them overcome their insecurities, you're perpetuating the problem.
And the funny thing - the society knows this. They gladly talk about how LGBTOMGBBQ community has to be eased into the normal society and thus we have to be tolerant with them.
But when you replace the african immigrant or transgender person in question with an awkward virgin dude and/or the synonymous "herbivore male" - suddenly, nobody gives a fuck and everyone bullies them.
It's so fucking retarded, to be honest - to see that there is a problem and then doing the absolute fucking opposite of solving it, making things worse and perpetuating the problem.

Hell, I was an awkward weirdo for the longest time when I was a teenager (and, yeah, I've attracted my fair share of bullying), and, in hindsight, very few people I've met actually understood that being socially awkward can't be solved with a simple "just try harder", as if these words were somehow magical.
Being socially awkward is a condition, and it needs solutions, not mockery.
>>
>>55188711
Because they know white nerds will still buy it anyway, they are hooked on the game.
>>
>>55189288
>>55189354
In the block with Saheeli, we also got Chandra, Tezzeret, Nissa, and a vedalken.
In the block with Samut, we also got Gideon, Liliana, another Nissa, and an elder dragon.
Huatli's coming with Jace and Vraska, and it's unknown what two are in the second set (Ajani is likely).
Kaya is from a supplemental set, and wasn't even the only walker in that set (though the other was a goblin)
>>
>>55189435
Don't forget about Angrath, who is probably a white dude.
>>
>>55189425
Sorry, does this >>55189044 read like a persian to you?
>>
>>55189217
Romanians aren't white?
>>
>>55189410
>ancient egyptians
>purely Semitic
They had significant Mediterranean and Balkan admixture as well.
>>
>>55189431
>Should we also bully cripples to remind them they'll never be able to walk on two feet or something?

Being born with fucked up legs isn't your own fault.

Being a buttmad little shithead gets his ass tangled into a white hot mess whenever he sees black people is your own fault.
>>
>>55189473
>Being a buttmad little shithead gets his ass tangled into a white hot mess whenever he sees black people is your own fault.
What is "social conditioning" for 200$, Alex?
>>
>>55189444
Angrath is a complete unknown, other than 'male', 'angry', and 'on Ixalan'
He might be a white dude. He might be an orc. He might be a minotaur. He might be a black FtM kitsune that sexually identifies as an attack helicopter. We have no fucking clue what he is, other than those three things.
>>
>>55189444
Actually is most likely an Orc or a Minotaur
>>
>>55188875
And what of non racist liberals who can't get laid? Fuck off with your virgin shaming. Stop lumping us in with racist asshats!
>>
File: 73fgwd16naii1dnf.jpg (29KB, 396x581px) Image search: [Google]
73fgwd16naii1dnf.jpg
29KB, 396x581px
>>55189455
Does this?
>>
>>55189473
>getting mad at your country being destroyed from within by barbaric savages and their masochistic enablers is being a shithead
Slavery was wrong only for the fact that we have to deal with nigger bullshit now.
>>
>>55189431
>But when you replace the african immigrant or transgender person in question with an awkward virgin dude and/or the synonymous "herbivore male" - suddenly, nobody gives a fuck and everyone bullies them.

We have tons of films and TV about awkward virgin dudes being the sympathetic main characters and turning out to be great people.

I agree that social anxiety and shit aren't just things you slam your head against until they go away, but we're hardly unsympathetic as a society. The reality is you faced these problems as a kid among other kids, and kids are cruel, fucked up people in the full swing of sheep mentality.
>>
File: maslows-pyramid.gif (17KB, 483x419px) Image search: [Google]
maslows-pyramid.gif
17KB, 483x419px
>>55189431
>in case of social disability the treatment is - you guessed it - social.
Honestly it should come naturally to you as you self actualize.

>Whenever you make fun of an awkward person instead of educating them on what is it exactly that they are doing wrong and helping them overcome their insecurities, you're perpetuating the problem
Making fun of them is how society educates them and makes them understand how unacceptable it is.

Its similar to how we punish criminals, even though in a deterministic sense its not really their fault. They just need the deterance and/or conditioning.

>>55189471
You certainly aren't wrong. The ancient Egyptians were more cosmopolitan than most people give them credit for. That being said, last I checked the very phenotypically Semitic people that currently inhabit Egypt share a vary large genetic percentage with ancient Egyptians.
>>
Why is it that whenever white people make ~thing~ for white people, nogs butt in and want it too?

Make your own shit. Make your own country (that isn't a third world shithole), make your own card game, write your own stories. The fact that you need to insert yourself into the cultures of others shows how parasitic your mindset is.
>>
>>55189509
Sure, could be. However, she wasn't a character someone made up and could mold to look like the thing they want to call her if their purpose is to help people of that ethnic group identify with her.
>>
>>55189511
Other western nations don't have these problems with their native blacks. Which means it's not a black problem, it's an American problem. You're just too much of dumb racist to admit it.
>>
>>55189505
>beta male orbiter acting like he's better than "racist asshats"
At least they actually belive something, as opposed to just parroting shot around Chad and his Stacy harem hoping hell get some sympathy pussy for being a nice guy.
>>
>>55189523
MtG wasn't made for white people. It was made for people.

There were already plenty of blacks in America when MtG was created.
>>
>>55189509
That's white
>>
Koth in the gatewatch when?
>>
>>55189528
>Other western nations don't have these problems with their native blacks.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>55189528
You're too much of a dumb nog to realize that there are far more blacks in USA than any other first world country.

BTW, recent studies have shown that racists have higher IQs than non-racists. I guess it's not surprising that people who can't recognize basic patterns are deficient.
>>
>>55189528
...you're joking right?
>>
>>55189549
Even if you didn't know the exact race I think you could safely guess she wasn't what people think of typically as "white".
>>
>>55189546
He is better. You can believe something without your beliefs being racist twaddle.

And you can interact with people without interacting with a bunch of caricatures created by frustrated losers like yourself. Normal people don't come in one of two flavors, you retard.
>>
>>55189547
Mtg was made for people who play card games, IE nerds, also known as having a significant white male majority, especially at the time MTG was made.
>>
>>55189549
As white as pic related
>>
>>55189557
>>55189569
It's the truth. America is the only western nation where blacks demonstrate such incredibly disproportionate crime rates.

>>55189559
>You're too much of a dumb nog to realize that there are far more blacks in USA than any other first world country.

You're too much of a delusional asshat to realize that the size of populations doesn't matter when you're measuring their proportional share in something.

>BTW, recent studies have shown that racists have higher IQs than non-racists.

Lel, sure.
>>
>>55189581
>all these projections and assumptions
Jeeze, I thought lefties were usually college educated, or did you only get by through diversity points?
>>
>>55189547
Blacks arent "people"
So you're right.
>>
>>55189605
delete this
>>
>>55188469
I think I was in the middle of a break from MtG. I was already pretty sure I wasn't going to come back to it for a while, and this just helped cement that.

On a similar note, when will Tumblr shills learn that they have no place here?
>>
>>55189524
>purpose is to help people of that ethnic group identify with her.
Yep, Egyptians really can identify with Samut, the black body
>>
>>55189586
Still wasn't made for whites.

It was originally made in America for Americans who wanted to play it. There were black people in there. I guarantee you that WotC was looking for any audience they could get, skin color be damned.
>>
>>55189207
That sentiment can be turned around just as easily.
>>
>>55189606
>It's the truth. America is the only western nation where blacks demonstrate such incredibly disproportionate crime rates.
I know it's true, which is why it's a problem with noggers, and not with America
>this one segment of the population is heavily criminal
>it must be everyones fault
>>
>>55189626
That's because she was meant to appeal to blacks.
>>
>>55189657
Well, if black people are just genetic criminals, why aren't they like this in other western nations?

It's a societal issue.
>>
>>55189605
The white girl from Aladdin? yep, white
>>
>>55189673
Seems it didn't work
>>
>>55189690
Turns out when you make a shit character no one likes them.
>>
>>55189606
>It's the truth
Just came here to say, it's not. Stop lying and/or watching cnn. There's sweden for example. And for the sake of your annoyance, I'll write this sentence rather than a list of all the countries that have had increase in crime thanks to angela merkel.
>>
>>55189674
See, you're making the assumption that American niggers are the same genetically as African niggers. That's a very, very naive assumption to make.
>>
>>55189674
They are like that in every country, except uk, which have some good blacks, just like yanky land.
>>
>>55189606
>It's the truth
How can be the truth? Most of Europe coutries refuse to rate crimes by race so you can't know which ethnic comics more crimes. Lack of info doesn't make what you say true, is just lack of info.
>>
>>55189606
>You're too much of a delusional asshat to realize that the size of populations doesn't matter when you're measuring their proportional share in something.
I know you have 80 IQ, so I'll advise you to stop arguing now before you make more of a dunce of yourself. I was already talking about population proportionally.

>>BTW, recent studies have shown that racists have higher IQs than non-racists.
>Lel, sure.
https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2017/07/intelligent-people-are-more-likely-to-stereotype/535158/

Now here is a riddle for you: what is the scientific basis that all races are equal? Surely for an idea that is so widespread, it would have some scientific backing... right?
>>
>>55189708
>Sweden

Proof that you don't know what you're talking about. Sweden's criminal upswing began way, way before heavy immigration of black and asians. The majority of Sweden's immigrants at the time were eastern european in origin.

Additionally, this rise in reported crimes coincided with an expansion of both what were considered crimes and how they were recorded.
>>
>>55189515
>You certainly aren't wrong. The ancient Egyptians were more cosmopolitan than most people give them credit for. That being said, last I checked the very phenotypically Semitic people that currently inhabit Egypt share a vary large genetic percentage with ancient Egyptians.
Yup. The Copts are the primary inheritors of Ancient Egypt's culture, language, and genes and they're very Semitic.
>>
>>55189034
Pol has allot of free time?
>>
>>55189674
>Well, if black people are just genetic criminals, why aren't they like this in other western nations?
They are, you tard.

Geneticists have even isolated (at least one) gene that causes blacks to be criminally prone:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monoamine_oxidase_A
>>
>>55189674
North African immigrants are the most criminal population in Western Europe.
>>
>>55189764
adasdasdasd
Ja e flinandssvensk me monga släktningar/kompisar i sverige.
I'm a finnoswede with loads of family and friends living in sweden.
>>
>>55188949
Chandra is a high-caste Persian from the India plane.
>>
>>55189756
Ah, pattern detection, the least impressive form of intelligence. You can recognize faces better, what an amazing gift.

All it means is you're just as likely to make up correlations as you are to see real ones.

>Now here is a riddle for you: what is the scientific basis that all races are equal?

Genetics. We've literally got no genetic evidence of lower intelligence in any race of humans.

>muh MOA gene that blacks have, makes em violent!

Also possessed by the Chinese in the same proportion, and the Taiwanese in an even higher proportion. The link to intelligence less than dubious.
>>
>>55189836
Doesn't matter, as long as she isn't full Congolese black or Basketball American she'll never be a minority
>>
>>55189805
Also have to correct you on the assumption the first unwanteds were slavs or someshit, they were finns. Guerrillas of slussen, or slussenin sissit in finnish.
>>
>>55188469
Is MaRo, dare I say it, /ourguy/?
>>
>>55189798
see
>>55189839
Maoa's links to crime are bunk.
>>
File: aqyomo.gif (861KB, 2406x1936px) Image search: [Google]
aqyomo.gif
861KB, 2406x1936px
>>55189839
I don't think you know what IQ is.
>>
>>55189863
>Maoa's links to crime are bunk.
Well, some guy on the internet said it, so I guess he knows better than actual geneticists who say there is a clear link.
>>
>>55189852
Urza Block is what happens when Maro is the design team and the development team.
>>
Why are people so against the idea of genes influencing intelligence? Brains are constructed according to genes as much as bones or muscle.
>>
>>55189987
I don't think people are against that.

It's more that the same genes that make you white are black aren't those that dictate how your brain works.
>>
>>55189987
Science is racist.
>>
>Of course race affects physical might, is just science
>Wait, you dare to say race affects intelligence...no, that's racist and is no where science
>>
>>55190034
Sort of like how the genes that makes a cat a cat and a human a human aren't the same genes responsible for their difference in intelligence?

See: >>55189870

All scientific evidence points to the fact that there are racial differences in behavior and ability. The idea that "evolution stops at the head" is a relatively recent idea based entirely in rhetoric and not reality.
>>
>>55190067
I don't think you understand.

There are genes that change skin pigmentation, and there are genes that change the way the brain works. They're not the same genes. Even if, say, Africa has less of a certain intelligence boosting gene than Europe, that doesn't make this a 'black' thing. Genes are not locked to race. There are black people who DO have these genes, and it has nothing to do with their bone structure or the pigmentation of their skin.
>>
>>55189839
>Also possessed by the Chinese in the same proportion, and the Taiwanese in an even higher proportion. The link to intelligence less than dubious.
Everyone has the gene that makes it. It's essential to human cognitive function. The thing is that some ethnic groups are more likely to have extra copies and make MORE of it, which makes them less violent and more socially cohesive. So having more of the genes makes you less violent and more likely to obey laws and customs.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2922855/

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0191886912004047
>>
Everyone ITT needs to kill themselves.
>>
>>55190162
Yep.

The Chinese and Taiwanese are still incredibly prone to having low-repeat incidences of the gene.
>>
>>55190216
Why? Does a conversation make you so uncomfortable?
>>
>>55190127
>genes are independent modules that can be swapped out and plugged in with little issue
>genes have no dependence, interrelation, or correlation with other genes
If skin genes can be clustered to a specific race, then so can genes for intelligence. There's no reason to believe that the genes for intelligence are equally spread about the human population.
>>
>>55190227
I just want underage shitstains to stop bringing their shallow political posturing to non political boards.
>>
>>55190271
Well let's all go neck ourselves so you can have some peace of mind.
>>
>>55190248
>all these people trying to cite genetics without knowing shit about genetic correlation, epigenetics, or just fucking anything

Genes are not lego. They are not red or green or two stud or three stud no matter what. To dumb it down for you fucks, they're more like soup. Everything is dependent on everything else, and influenced by everything else. We barely understand a lot of this stuff even now.

The discussion on the 2-repeat MAOA for example is ongoing, because we still haven't built up a complete picture of how it interacts with other genes and how they interact with it.

>>55190248
Very true, but once we get into this, we invariably end up at a discussion of what race is, exactly.

Genes are NOT evenly distributed among races. However, genes like, for example, the 2-repeat MAOA are not 'stuck' to certain pigmentations. They appear in whites as well as blacks, and their dispersal often seems to have more to do with geography than race.

Once you realize this, you realize that attributing these things to 'race' is meaningless. If an ethnic group doesn't have as much of a certain gene, that very rarely has to do with them having another gene that, say, results in thick follicles at the front of the head. And other members of that ethnic group WILL have that gene, because genetic dispersion does not give a shit about skin color.

It's corny as fuck but when you've studied the field in any depth you do eventually realize that the "one race, the human race" thing is pretty much the truth. There's no invisible lines preventing genes from being passed on in certain directions.
>>
>>55188469
Magic died when Homelands came out, and I realized I would never be able to catch up to the players who started from the beginning without dropping thousands of dollars into out of print cards, and that WotC was just fucking with us at that point. This kind of crap? Whining from some millennial brat who doesn't like seeing people who aren't white. Walk a mile in my shoes, kiddo.
>>
>>55190387
Huh, weird, that quotation tag wasn't meant to be at the top. Whatever.
>>
File: 1496765974503s.jpg (5KB, 170x206px) Image search: [Google]
1496765974503s.jpg
5KB, 170x206px
>>55188949
>even the lion is white
how will minorities ever recover
>>
>>55190387
Since you seem pretty well versed in this, anon, how do you respond to >>55189870 ?
>>
>>55189987
because it destroys the left narrative of universal equality
>>
>>55190474
Here's one thing that puzzles me. On the one hand, the Left as a whole seems to believe that gender is a social construct. However, they also believe that gender is rooted in brain development. But then again they believe that genetics has little impact on intelligence.

How does anyone reconcile those things in the same worldview?
>>
>>55188469
Dunno. I stopped playing around the time Apocalypse came out, and so did pretty much everyone else I knew. MtG sort of faded from my consciousness, I assumed it had died, and thus was really surprised to see it still alive and thriving over a decade later - and disgusted, too, because the cashgrabbing and pay-to-win aspects appear to have grown and festered to unbeliavable levels.

Guess that's what happens when your target audience starts getting disposable income.
>>
>>55190502
>genetics has little impact on intelligence.
Isn't intelligence mostly gated by childhood nutrition and other environmental factors?
>>
>>55190502
>On the one hand, the Left as a whole seems to believe that gender is a social construct.

I don't think the left on the whole has ever believed that. Just the extreme left you have internet fights with.

>But then again they believe that genetics has little impact on intelligence.

This isn't true either. What they reject is that intelligence and race are irrevocably tethered.
>>
>>55190502
Here's an even simpler paradox for you to chew on, anon:
There are no significant races between races, or between the sexes, and they're all equal.
Diversity is good and brings tangible benefit to society and business.

If everyone is equal, then there's no tangible, objective benefits to diversity.
If there are tangible, objective benefits to diversity, then everyone is not equal.
>>
>>55190502
I like how people will go "The right isn't a monolithic entity guys, stop lumping us in with stormfags!", and then turn around and say "Lel those silly lefties amiright?".

You realise that most people on the left don't agree with each other, right? You saw the shitshow that was the Democratic campaign?
>>
>>55190611
There are a lot of factors that go into it, but intelligence has a very high heritability when other factors are similar. There are a lot of adoption studies and twin studies that suggest this, at any rate. That's why it seems weird that people discount genetics so heavily.
>>
>>55190502
>the Left as a whole
This isn't a thing. I would consider myself left. I think sex is biological fact and like just about anything, your body influences your capabilities and way of thinking. I think gender is a social construct as in "history and society shaped certain roles in certain cultures."
But my views have nothing in common with the horseshit the anglosphere's leftists are spouting. To answer your question: You have to deluded to reconcile those views.
>>
>>55190626
>I don't think the left on the whole has ever believed that. Just the extreme left you have internet fights with.
It's a mainstream Feminist viewpoint taught in every major university since the 1970s. I would consider it mainstream.
>>
>>55189263
Can't talk about Irish slavery because the Irish are white, even though they were treated worse and worth less than black slaves
>>
>>55190643
Isn't diversity more of an experience thing?

Like, if I'm making a product to appeal to people on an international level, I want the advertising team to be diverse so people from different cultural backgrounds can look it over before release. Same with the actors in the ads, except those are for customers to identify with.
>>
>>55190646
>You realise that most people on the left don't agree with each other, right?
The main problem is that none of their ideas are grounded in reality, and thus can never agree on anything because it comes down to who makes the most passionate emotional appeals.
>>
>>55190692
Assuming you are even correct: Most people leaning left don't agree with today's feministic screechings. Hell, read Judith Butler to anyone outside of that filterbubble and they'll tell you that she's a mental case
>>
>>55189173
We are reminded that you are stupid faggot
>>
2009? Crap, I guess that was shortly after I dropped my first run at college. Once Baneslayer hit that $50 mark, I knew everything had changed.
In retrospect, thinking that it was just going to be a temporary thing was pretty silly of me.
>>
>>55188644

What a coincidence that the lead guy for ravnica left for the hacking card game right after
>>
>>55190723
A lot of ideas on both sides of the aisle aren't grounded in reality. A lot of leftist ideas are very much grounded.

And the reverse is true. Both sides have very reasonable, and very nonsensical ideas. The point of politics is to compromise with those ideas, not just start shitflinging on the internet.
>>
>>55189463
Romanians are blend of slav and gypsy.
>>
>>55190791
Gypsies aren't Romanian you dink. Romanians are Dacians, who are Slavic Latins. Gypsies are Indian.
>>
>>55190722
It still applies; genetic or experience wise, people cannot be "equal" with diversity providing benefits.
>>
File: 1428321784637.gif (2MB, 480x292px) Image search: [Google]
1428321784637.gif
2MB, 480x292px
>>55188499
We would be lucky if any of retards whining in this thread are old enough to be in highschool.
>>
>>55190661
>but intelligence has a very high heritability when other factors are similar
Right, but what I'm saying is that populations that currently test low for intelligence likely have those other factors not properly controlled for.
>>
>>55190430
There's a lot of information on that chart, so I'm not going to get into it all.

One thing that strikes me immediately is that it cites Davide Piffer. If this is the same Piffer I've encountered before, he's pretty generous with a lot of his conclusions, and has had many of his papers rejected because of it. The same goes for Weiss.

In the main, though, it's important to remember that intelligence is a polygenic trait. That means that even moreso than other attributes, it is determined by a VAST array of genes and their correlations. The influence of a single genetic variance on intelligence is one of significantly less than 1%, and even then, it's this gene's correlation with others that actually determines how it activates. We look at things called quantitative trait loci to try to guess at what variances will influence expression, which means we look at entire 'regions' of DNA. As far as I know, there are no peer reviewed instances of a QTL being substantially correlated to intelligence.
>>
>>55189524

Ah, so you're one of those ''not black unless eating watermelon and chicken while muh boo buy muhfugga' types
>>
>>55190812
Except that's objectively untrue. If your goal is to appeal to people (the goal of MTG, movies, or most of the things people argue about) then diversity lets it appeal to a broad array of people rather than a niche.

A midwestern farmers life experience isn't objectively worse than an East Coast tatto artist, but appealing to both groups is fine.
>>
>>55190838
They do control for those factors, actually. Even that chart the guy posted showed separate graphs where socioeconomic status was controlled for, as well as adoption studies where children of different groups were raised in similarly well-off homes.

Saying that studies don't control for this or that tends to be a red herring. Every biologist or sociologist is trained to remove as many confounding variables as possible before (and, using mathematics, after) they collect their data.
>>
>>55190876
>A midwestern farmers life experience isn't objectively worse than an East Coast tatto artist

That's where you're wrong. Being a farmer sucks, and your reward is seeing your code of ethics get shit on by the people in the cities whos votes are the only thing that ever matters.
>>
>>55189523
You answered your own question, they're parasites
>>
>>55190722
Yes, but you can't post a photo of experience to social media.
>>
File: 320.gif (597KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
320.gif
597KB, 500x200px
>>55190947
>>55190966
>>
Why is this thread still up.
>>
>>55190789
"An outfit's sexiness is directly proportional to the chance that it could fall off"
>>
File: Kaladesh-MtG-Art-by-Dawn-Murin.jpg (140KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Kaladesh-MtG-Art-by-Dawn-Murin.jpg
140KB, 1200x675px
>>55188949
I'm still not over Chandra "the whitest indian ever" Nalaar.

This is her hugging HER MOM.
>>
>>55192249
It's not too outlandish. Her dad is pale. I knew a girl who was a Brahmin half-Spaniard who was whiter than me (Irish). The only way you could tell she was Indian was her accent.
>>
File: Neckbeards.png (127KB, 345x337px) Image search: [Google]
Neckbeards.png
127KB, 345x337px
>>55188589
tHE WOMZ and BLACKS are coming to take away my magic cardsz
>>
>>55192249
Do either of her parents even have red hair? Or freckles? Or anything indicating that they could be related?
>>
>>55192953
Ginger genes are insidious like that.
>>
>>55192953
Her dad is pale with brown hair. It's probably from his side of the family.
Thread posts: 190
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.