[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you handle currency in the setting that you primarily play in?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: The_Gronch.jpg (471KB, 1400x1082px) Image search: [Google]
The_Gronch.jpg
471KB, 1400x1082px
How do you handle currency in the setting that you primarily play in?
>>
>>55186145
With suspicion towards my peers.
>>
We found a barrel full of really large golden talismans, so the party rogue shaves them into nuggets to pawn for goods.
>>
File: Seven Kingdoms Gold Pentacle.png (9KB, 110x119px) Image search: [Google]
Seven Kingdoms Gold Pentacle.png
9KB, 110x119px
>>55186145
Basically the Talislanta way.
[value] in [currency or trade good]
Easy to sum and allows for various hooks.
>>
File: Untitled-2.jpg (222KB, 921x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.jpg
222KB, 921x1200px
Literally a current
>>
>>55186145
I remember getting banned here for Orcstain.
>>
>>55186145
>>55187356
>viva la gronch

A variety of different currencies based on region, city state, alien, etc. Largely interchangeable but kept tack of in units of barter X(type) with some differences in value based on area and social skills. Its easy to keep track of when you're not counting individual coins.

Orcs and orc equivalents will use dick coins in all cases though.
>>
I went full autist on my currencies.
Primary currencies based in region:

Salt and fabrics in the richer inland areas.
Gold everywhere, but especially in the coastal kingdoms.
Eggs for the lizardmen tribes.
Gems in the not!underdark.
Slaves in the Middle Eastern pirate kingdom.
Iron in the Northern Kingdoms.
Sheep, horses, goats, cattle, and other live stock for the nomads. The dowry paid to the wife of the nomad King was a heard of Mammoths.

Most everyone accepts food for cheaper goods, lumber for larger, but most are always willing to trade for work or services. Which means the players usually get what they need after a quest, and not before, which makes it harder for them to nullify anything I may have hinted at before hand with items. Works well.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.