[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

System Search Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

What systems do martial arts well? I don't mind too much super natural elements, But something where you're a god is something I'd rather stray away from
>>
Legends of the Wulin is a good one there. It does have supernatural elements BUT you can easily say 'No elemental attacks' and there are plenty of internals left to take still, especially with the wiki.
>>
File: 1504343831196.webm (3MB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
1504343831196.webm
3MB, 1000x562px
>>55184018

I've read Legends of the Wulin before... and that book was horrid.

The basic mechanic seems simple enough... ish. But its hard to tell what are rules and what's just fluff.

Is there a Simple breakdown of how everything works in a way an idiot like me can understand? Or at least one thats at least organized.
>>
>>55184134

>I've read Legends of the Wulin before... and that book was horrid.

Oh yes, the editing of that book is an abomination unto god.

http://wulinlegends.pbworks.com/w/page/48630360/Portal The Half-Burned Manual here has some good examples of waves and conditions but I'll try to drag up something for the base game itself.
>>
>>55184134

>>55184192 Here

I found it. This should help a lot. If you've got more questions, feel free to ask.
>>
>>55184001
GURPS.
It's in depth, supernatural is optional, and if you don't give the PCs too many points, they're very far from being gods, but could still easily be action movie heroes and the like.
>>
LotWfag here. For higher powered martial arts stuff, it's the best system I've ever played. But, as OP rightly notes, the book is a fucking nightmare.

If you have any specific questions or want me to dump an explanation thing I'd previously written up, just ask.
>>
>>55184001
Anima, GURPS.
>>
>>55184303

Am i reading this right?

If you float you a set to your river, say 3,3. You only keep one of those 3's?
>>
>>55184555

...that is wrong. Dammit, the basic information sheet has an error in it. I'm so sorry.

No, you keep as many dice as you shove in there.
>>
>>55184555

That sheet also has errors, unfortunately.
>>
>>55184577
>>55184584

It also has ripple calculations wrong, although the version it presents was how it actually worked in an early prerelease copy of the game.
>>
>>55184356

We might want your explanation.
>>
>>55184606

It's a bit long, but I'll post it up now. I have a full runthrough of the games systems, along with a written up example of a combat round which repeats some of the same stuff but puts it in context, which makes it easier to understand in some cases. Been a while since I posted it, so just reading through it to remind myself whether I wanted to make any adjustments or corrections.
>>
>>55184001
Dungeons the Dragoning has sword schools (although it does include unarmed combat and grappling), as well as Gun Kata.
>>
>>55184976

Update on this, I shifted from a few edits to a major rework to potentially just doing a full writeup of the rules of the system in a way people can actually understand rather than the attempt at explanation and example I was doing.

The trouble is remembering what's RAW and what is house ruled, since my group uses a lot of things which aren't the default way of doing things in the book.
>>
>>55184001
WuShu turns you descriptions directly into dice roll modifiers, whether attacking or defending. The more you define what your combat looks like the more the mechanics back you up.
Fate/Fate Accelerated can work well for similar reasons. And they're also both free, which is nice.
Of course, both also require you to supply your own shape to things, which you might not be comfortable with (or might just suck at).

Frankly any sort of open-ended system that has options for superheroes will, perhaps incidentally, have a lot of great support for martial arts as well. They'll focus on action and flashy demonstrations of ability in near identical ways.
I can personally vouch for Marvel Heroic Roleplaying working for wuxia campaigns.

Fantasy Craft could also do a martial arts game incredibly well, if you're okay with a heavier system.
>>
File: 1493777031806.jpg (332KB, 1280x1527px) Image search: [Google]
1493777031806.jpg
332KB, 1280x1527px
>>55184001
>>
File: Absolver-Beta-Sign-Up.gif (2MB, 650x312px) Image search: [Google]
Absolver-Beta-Sign-Up.gif
2MB, 650x312px
>>55191700
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.