[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fraspala

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

>tfw I want to make a Not!Catholic religion that evolved from Not!euro-Latin swamp people who worship a fertility god
How can I make it work?
>>
>>55179132
It doesn't seem like something that would be any problem. What's your concern here?
>>
>>55179132
I feel like the trick would be:
>first define your traditions, special occasions, methods and places of prayer, etc, for your fertility religion
>Second create a more generic 'one true god' general concept and organisation
>then find a way in which the not!Catholics can keep the same places and times of prayer, and the same holy days, just recontextualize them and call them something different
>>
>>55179132
Banjo music in the back ground.
>>
>>55179132
Could you give more details?
>>
>>55179192
Not enough fertility rites but without making the religion into a sex cult. I was thinking of splitting the people two groups; one were they believed that their god transcended basic instincts and transformed into a stronger "pure", less sex ordinated, god and the others still think he's the same but stronger.
>>
>>55179322
the thing is; sex is important to all religions. Sometimes it's an important part of worship, sometimes it's taboo as hell, sometimes it's an essential part of certain relationships and utterly forbidden in others. Often certain kinds of sex, between particular kinds of people or specific sexual acts are seen in particularly good or bad lights.

Not every religion is a sex cult obviously, but every religion has a lot to say about how you should be having sex. If you want to write a fully detailed religion it's one of those topics which you have to address.
>>
>>55179132

Have to explain how what sounds like a vaguely pagan analogy would evolve into a religion with more dogmatic practices.

Usually this happens because of social stresses allowing the religion to assume a more political role in society and assuming more direct control of its local practices.

Pagan hearth and fertility god becomes dominant because of a plague that strikes unborn and infant children as people desperately try to have kids.

Eventually the plague parts and leaves the populace in gratitude to God of Fertility who canonize her as their savior. All the priests of the divinity who administered the blessings had received immense donations and used their money to bail out the state which had gone into immense debt supporting an army in an era of immensely difficult replacement.

Social unrest due to something retarded like a an emperor not being able to have an heir born forces the state to elevate the church to political power, and it then extends its canonical control over the rest of the faith.
>>
>>55182558
Thank you very much.
>>
>>55179132
It could be like Islam; the fertility god was just one of many till some guy came along and said "No, he's the only one."
>>
>>55179132
>not!
>notnot
But the Catholc religion didn't evolved from euro-Latin swamp people who worship a fertility god.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.