[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stat him /tg/.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 282
Thread images: 21

File: -Littlefinger.png (250KB, 335x499px) Image search: [Google]
-Littlefinger.png
250KB, 335x499px
Stat him /tg/.
>>
He's a small guy
>>
0 hp
>>
File: received_1389624424490220.jpg (133KB, 1280x1537px) Image search: [Google]
received_1389624424490220.jpg
133KB, 1280x1537px
Literally took someone with a step down from Omnipresence to stop him/10
>>
>>55177246
Size/Type: Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 5d10+25 (52 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+5) and bite +4 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (3-8)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 6-8 HD (Large); 9-15 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —
>>
>>55177246
STR: Big Guy
CON: Can take things that are extremely painful.
DEX: Can't fly so good
INT: Getting caught was part of the plan
WIS:Shoots men before throwing them from planes.
CHA: He doesn't get to being friends.
>>
>>55177262
For (Her)
>>
>>55177246
Strength 8
Stamina 8
Chaosh 18
You 4
Hp -10
>>
>>55177246
In the last three seasons:
0 INT
0 WIS
0 CHA
>>
>>55177430
That's what happens when Martin won't FINISH HIS FUCKING BOOKS AAAAAAAAA
>>
>>55177526
That's what happens when D&D only has a surface-level understanding of the source material.
>>
>>55177246
-10HP
>>
Bamboozled/10

https://youtu.be/fIf1JtqEie8
>>
>>55177526
Despite the mockery of "Chaos is a ladder" line, it's actually very accurate characterization of the book Littlefinger. Characterization that D&D forgot during the last seasons.
Littlefinger is supposed to create chaos, because it creates opportunity for advancement. As opposed to acting in a chaotic, nonsensical matter himself.

They absolutely wrote themselves into a corner with the Sansa rape arc. They utterly butchered Littlefinger's character, Sansa's character and the entire "the North remembers" plotline all at the same time. And for what?
>>
>>55177246
Types: Veteran & Gothic
Powers: Connections & As Expected
Qualities: Knight Talk & Quiet
Roots: Ambition
Stats:
Athletics 1
Affection 1
Cunning 7
Skill 5
Luck 4
Will 7
>>
>>55177246
bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawnt
oohoohoordenenthurnuk!/10
>>
>>55177680
Money? Merchandising rights?
>>
>>55177680
>They utterly butchered Littlefinger's character, Sansa's character and the entire "the North remembers" plotline all at the same time.

Along with every single other character and event this whole fucking season.

How hard can it be to just spin off two seasons from the ample material in the books and lock the fat bastard in a room without windows till he is done?
>>
>>55177246
Small size creature
Checked skills are Pilot (aircraft), Intimidate, Small Guns, Communications, but takes disadvantage to Sense Motive.
>>
File: 460px-Lysa_and_Robert_Arryn.png (181KB, 460x260px) Image search: [Google]
460px-Lysa_and_Robert_Arryn.png
181KB, 460x260px
Reminder that crazy Lysa drugged and raped Littlefinger, twice.
>>
George considers him the character most altered, noting that book Littlefinger is much more friendly and better at keeping his true motives ambiguous than TV Littlefinger. Multiple show characters comment on how utterly untrustworthy he is, whilst in the books most of King's Landing seem him as weak and reliable.
>>
File: 1495250149994.jpg (38KB, 370x383px) Image search: [Google]
1495250149994.jpg
38KB, 370x383px
>>55177246
No Harrenhall in table???
>>
>>55177246
Littlefinger, Master of Coin (2BB)
Legendary Creature — Human Advisor
Deathtouch
Whenever an opponent discards a card, create a colorless artifact token named Gold. It has "Sacrifice this artifact: add one mana of any color to your mana pool."
1/5

Lord Baelish of the Eyrie (2BWR)
Legendary Creature — Human Advisor
Whenever you are Hellbent, become the Monarch.
Discard a card, (t): Create a 1/1 White Knight creature token.
At the beginning of your turn, if you have been Monarch for ten consecutive turns, you win the game.
>>
>>55177246
a health track full of agg damage.
>>
>>55179411
While i like the second card I feel like itd be more in character if he was grixis with a loot or draw ability rather than making knights
>>
>>55179411
>Create a 1/1 White Knight creature token
>tfw not sure if pun or not
>>
CE aristocrat 4
Str 8, Dex 10, Con 10, Int 16, Wis 14, Cha 16
Persuasive, Negotiator, Bluff Focus
Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Intimidate, Local, Nobility & Royalty, Sense Motive, Brothel Owner/Master of Coin (proffession)
>>
File: bane feels.jpg (216KB, 800x586px) Image search: [Google]
bane feels.jpg
216KB, 800x586px
>>55179077
>Intimidate

Immune.
>>
>>55177246
Lord Petyr Baelish Adult Schemer
Abilities
Awareness 4 Empathy 1B, Notice 1B
Cunning 4 Logic 1B, Memory 1B
Deception 6 Act 2B, Bluff 3B, Cheat 2B
Knowledge 3 Education 1B, Streetwise 1B
Language 4 Common
Persuasion 4 Bargain 2B, Charm 3B,
Convince 2B, Incite 1B, Taunt 2B
Status 7 Reputation 2B, Stewardship 1B
Will 4 Coordinate 2B
Attributes
Combat
Defense 8
Intrigue
Defense 15
Health 6 Composure 12
Destiny 1 Points
Benefits: Adept Negotiator, Charismatic (Convince),
Compelling, Connections (Free Cities), Expertise (Bluff), Favored
of Nobles, Head for Numbers, Head of House, Treacherous
Arms & Armor
Superior
Dagger 2D (+1) 1 damage Defensive +1, Off-hand +1
>>
>>55177680
the entire fucking trial was a sham
>no speaking lines for any of the lords, of the vale or the north?
>everyone taking the word of an insane cripple at face value? and only because the viewers are aware he's omnipotent no less
>killing the man who is directly responsible for your family's return to power without any consideration?
Jesus H. Christ

To say nothing of how they spend the next scene reminiscing about Ned's wisdom, which they blatantly ignored.
>“The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword. If you would take a man's life, you owe it to him to look into his eyes and hear his final words. And if you cannot bear to do that, then perhaps the man does not deserve to die."
>sansa sentences, arya kills
>Petyr is killed before he can even finish his plea
All of the designated heroes have turned into villains. Except Jon, but only by the grace of being an idiot.

Also, does anyone else wonder who is actually ruling the seven kingdoms right now? The Stormlands. Dorne, the Reach, and the Riverlands all have no Lord Paramount anymore. And the writers have deliberately killed off every great house that matters so that wouldn't have to bother writing the characters anymore.
>people celebrating that the entire Frey family was handwaved away
Fuck
>>
Reminder that Littlefinger is Robert Arryn's father.
>>
>>55177246
Object: Human Corpse
>>
>>55180899
>Also, does anyone else wonder who is actually ruling the seven kingdoms right now? The Stormlands. Dorne, the Reach, and the Riverlands all have no Lord Paramount anymore. And the writers have deliberately killed off every great house that matters so that wouldn't have to bother writing the characters anymore.

Crayons aren't good at writing all that big head stuff, so Dumb and Dumber are just focusing on the things that make people burble.
>>
>>55180946
>GRIMACE FOR ME STANNIS
>FUCK YES, FUCK ME WITH THAT FROWN
>>
File: wario perfecto.gif (45KB, 560x582px) Image search: [Google]
wario perfecto.gif
45KB, 560x582px
>>55177318
>>
>>55180946
>Crayons
>blurble
Explain both of these words
>>
>>55180899

GoT is the lowest IQ plebshit ever

It's the most popular show on TV right now, they realized 90% who watch it are literal idiots so there's no real reason to adhere to any standards. Just put in some epic scenes, some epic sex, some epic feminism, and boom, you have a season.
>>
>>55177262
>>55177262
>>55177262
>>55177262
>>
File: a meme too far.jpg (47KB, 621x502px) Image search: [Google]
a meme too far.jpg
47KB, 621x502px
>>55181425
>four (you)s
>>
File: mhm.gif (726KB, 420x236px) Image search: [Google]
mhm.gif
726KB, 420x236px
>>55177587
>That's what happens when D&D only has a surface-level understanding of the source material.
>implying Martin has anything more than a surface understanding.

Just because he's read "The Medieval City" and some other glosses doesn't make him a historian. He's better, but they are all in the shallow end of the pool.
>>
>>55179720
explain the pun to me?
>>
>>55177274
It was bullshit how he broke down like that. Bran uttering what he did couldn't be proven.
You say I threw her from the moon door? On the word of one who was past the wall? Who here can provide proof besides words?
>>
>Petyr "littlefinger" Baelish
>Metatype: Elf

>Attributes
Body: 2
Agility: 4
Reaction: 2
Strength: 2
Charisma: 7
Intuition: 5
Logic: 3
Willpower: 4
Edge: 4

>Qualities:
Made Man
School of Hard Knocks

>Skills
Blades (Knives) - 2
Con (Seduction) - 5
Data Search - 2
Etiquette - 4
Instruction - 3
Leadership - 3
Negotiation (Bargaining) - 5
Palming - 2
Perception (Hearing) - 3

>Bioware
Tailored Pheromones - 3
Toxin Extractor - 2
>>
File: 1504203069051[1].jpg (831KB, 1500x4000px) Image search: [Google]
1504203069051[1].jpg
831KB, 1500x4000px
>>55177246
>>
>>55180899
Some of your points are good, but I think you're a bit confused about feudal power structures. The Lords Paramount are gone, yes, but the Westerosi equivalents of counts and barons are for the most part okay. Small towns have village councils, larger towns have mayors, minor houses have castles and some soldiers to fight off bandits the local law enforcement can't deal with.

I don't mean to act like this sort of thing doesn't matter at all. To be clear, that sort of instability invariably results in balkanization as trade breaks down and regions become increasingly insular. It's what caused feudalism in the first place when the Roman latifundia became self-contained units during the collapse of the Empire in the West. I'm just saying that for a while, things will work all right. The biggest issue you will have is instability on a larger level, when the people next door think your house looks nice and decide they want to live there (e.g. Germanic tribes in our world, 'white walkers' in GoT).
>>
>>55181588
They're talking about the source material that is ASoIaF you booty goon, not medieval history

D&D have a really faulty understanding of who the characters are, how they function, and why the choices they made early on in the series matter.
>>
File: LittlefingerPose.png (389KB, 346x524px) Image search: [Google]
LittlefingerPose.png
389KB, 346x524px
>>55177274
Sansha?
>>
>>55180899
>the entire fucking trial was a sham
>>no speaking lines for any of the lords, of the vale or the north?
>>everyone taking the word of an insane cripple at face value?and only because the viewers are aware he's omnipotent no less
>>killing the man who is directly responsible for your family's return to power without any consideration?
>Jesus H. Christ
>To say nothing of how they spend the next scene reminiscing about Ned's wisdom, which they blatantly ignored.
>>“The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword. If you would take a man's life, you owe it to him to look into his eyes and hear his final words. And if you cannot bear to do that, then perhaps the man does not deserve to die."
>>sansa sentences, arya kills
>>Petyr is killed before he can even finish

This pissed me off, too. I had the experience of watching it in a public setting at my LGS. People fucking clapped and cheered when he died, and with him so did a little part of me.
>>
>>55182275
Yes, and the other anon is saying that, while DnD have a terrible grasp on the source material of the books, Martin has a terrible grasp on anything that would make the world of the books worthwhile.

>>55182271
I'm entirely sure that any possibilities of instability and balkanization will be completely glossed over, and everyone will be totes fine with King Designated Hero and Queen Elsa being the rulers, just like in the generic fantasy epics that everyone pretends this is soooo much better and more mature then.
>>
>>55182445
He had no fucking plan
There was never a fucking plan

The chaos ladder was a big fucking lie

That's the most upsetting thing about this fucking farce. It never mattered that Little Finger existed in the first place.
Nigga could've just died in the first season. Cersei could've had the gold cloaks murder Ned at any time.

What the fuck was the plan?

1. Fuck Sansa
2. ?????
3. King of Everything?
>>
>>55179200
This has been true since season 1.
>>
>>55177246
What would've been his tax policy?
>>
>>55183052
underrated post
>>
>>55177246
Human Spy NPC with 20 CHA

But he has Expertise in Persuasion, Deception, Insight
>>
>>55177246
Littlefinger
Ally, Lord
Neutral Character (Unique)
Cost 5
Strength 4, Intrigue and Power icon
+1 Gold
When you marshal Littlefinger, draw two cards
>>
>>55181264
It's still entertaining despite its many flaws
>>
>>55181264

My store is >>55182445

They also fucking cheered LOUDER when Jon and Danny fucked, which was literally right after they fucking announced that they're related.
>>
If you want to see a real clever villain watch The Three Kingdoms (2010)
>>
>>55182179
It's not like they were in a modern courtroom, anon. There's only so much expectation when it comes to evident. Plus, it's not easy to convince the judge to spare you when she's also the prosecutor and chief witness.
>>
>>55183196
Can you blame them? Who doesn't want to fuck their hot aunt?
>>
>>55177246
STR 10
DEX 15
CON 12
INT 17
WIS 12
CHAR 12
>>
>>55182179
Sansa was there when he threw Lysa over the moon door

But the bullshit with Eddard? Poisoning Jon Arryn? Giving the knife to Joffrey?
All of it rest on the word of a autist cripple that has been talking creepy shit ever since he came back from the wall
>>
>>55183196
I saw game of thrones with a gaggle of nerdy college girls and a collection of roommates who were an equal mix of ugly, neurotic, and somehow both uncomfortably quiet and uncomfortably loud.
Never again.
>>
>>55177246
5e:

Chaotic Neutral
Str: 8
Dex: 8
Con: 8
Wis:10
Cha: 12
Int: 20

Skills: Deception +6,

Special abilities:
Teleportation: Lord Baelish
Tumor: Due to a degenerative brain tumor, Lord Baelish loses 2 intelligence every season.

>>55178574
Jaime's arc was okay. Theon too. They're lhe only ones I look forward to seeing anymore.
>>
Bard 10/Rogue 10
>>
>>55180899
My biggest problem with the "Trial" wasn't the silence of the lords. They had shown that everyone in that room hated him. My problem was that Littlefinger randomly confessed when accused of killing Lysa. "It was to protect you".

That gave everyone in the room justification to go forward without a trial. That sort of mistake was really uncharacteristic of Littlefinger
>>
>>55177299

>CHA: He doesn't get to being friends.

Not CIA? Really weaksauce, man.
>>
>>55185965
Shown that everyone in the room hated him,
after showing just one episode ago that he was successfully conspiring with both vale and northern lords to increase Sansa's claim to the throne of the North. It's blatantly another scenario where the characters in the show are reacting to information that the *viewers* have.

They rushed through that entire story arc so they could nail Littlefinger to the cross for the finale.
>>
>born poor (for a noble son of a sellsword) from the most insignificant house ruling the smallest region of the Fingers.
>raised among people who looked down on him
>given a mean-spirited nickname
>raped twice as a boy by Lysa while drunk
>believes that he took Cat's virginity [it was Lysa raping him] challenges Brandon Stark to a duel over her.
> publicly humiliated in a duel with Brandon Stark over Catelyn
>Openly rejected by Cat, the girl he loved
>raped again by Lysa while filled with painkiller drugs
>likely got blamed by her father for getting her pregnant too, bitch
>rejected by everyone he'd grown up with, and sent back to his tiny, dreary home where he now barely knew anyone.
>entire lifetime believes of chivalry and romantic stories crushed.
>>
>>55177680
>for what

YAAAAAAS QUEEN SLAY
>>
>they kill the man who was helping they get in power
wew
>>
>>55186691
>somehow becomes the most powerful lord in all of westeros because lysa wanted to rape him some more
>>
>>55185860
I saw the Red Wedding episode in a packed university lecture hall as one of the only bookfags present. I almost wish I'd filmed their reaction.
>>
>>55183242
Liu Bei isn't clever.
>>
>>55189495
As a bookfag I already knew it was coming but It still stung a bit. I had really liked the guy who portrayed Robb and the death of his wife and unborn child unlike in the books was just an extra kick in the balls
>>
>>55181249
>>Crayons
reference to an old greentext in which Dabid and Dabid immortalize their sudden bursts of genius via idea crayons

>>blurble
fuck if i know. closest translation is probably "create social media buzz, i.e. free publicity"
>>
>>55177246
Strength: 8
Dex: 10
Con: 9
Int: 16
Wis: 14
Cha: 18
Chosen enemy: shity writers
>>
>>55180899
John is too pure these last few seasons, and hence is the only thing good in them [Spoiler]even if no one should trust him with anything at all[/Spoiler]
>>
>>55182853
The only ending I'd have accepted is he gets the throne right before the others knock down the wall
>>
>>55181425
Oh shit i just got it. Well memed my dude.
>>
>>55183736
Wouldn't they be cousins? Rhaegar was Aerys's brother, wasn't he?
>>
>>55187533
In the end it was always the bitch
>>
>>55191506
Belay that, I'm apparently can't into read so very good.
>>
>>55183434
His jury was his lords convinence them and you can't touch him... Well that would be true if the show was still written well at least
>>
>>55182853

Littlefinger is more of gambler and an opportunist. The closest to a long-term strategy was him toying with the finances of the kingdom planting an economic bomb.
>>
>>55177246
Small guy.
>>
>>55181588
Wtf im reading that book right now. Is it a meme or just popular?
>>
>>55191865
The his debt plan would succeed no matter what as everyone who would stop it was dead or out of the picture
This means that even if he dies the 7 kingdoms will fall apart
>>
>>55192310
>Is it a meme or just popular?
It's a bit of both (but historian memes are shitty).

Honestly, it's not bad, but if you stop there... you are getting a very limited, very 2D picture. And that's fine and all, but you can't go and claim "I wrote a realistic book about how a car engine works" after watching http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3jbd14
>>
>>55181249
>>55190397
>burble: to speak in an unintelligible or silly way, typically at unnecessary length.
usually has connotations of babies or children

the implication being that the show is targeted at braindead normies that fuck instead of the 250 IQ /tg/ poster masterminds

which, outside of the box standard /tg/ superiority complex jerkoff, isn't entirely inaccurate

anyways there's your vocab word of the day
>>
>>55185965
I think he honestly just slipped.

Littlefinger doesn't think well on his feet. Remember when Cersei had him against the wall and all he could do was gawk? If you give him time to plan, he's good - DAMN good.

But if you catch him off-balance he's as human as the next man.
>>
Littlefinger deserved better. I can deal with the Starks turning on him, that was inevitable. But he should have been beaten at his own game, not through having Bran the Magic Cripple snitching on him.
>>
So what was his ultimate goal in the show anyway?
>>
>>55179142
Women can't rape men
>>
>>55194816

Get Catelyn's pussy.
>>
>>55194861
Not with that attitude. Women can do anything a man can do.
>>
>>55179411
>Whenever you are Hellbent, become the Monarch.
>Discard a card, (t): Create a 1/1 White Knight creature token.
Constantly checking if you're hellbent is a bit iffy, ruleswise. I would have the ability be;

Discard a card, T: Create a 1/1 White Knight creature token, become the monarch.

Whenever an opponent loses the Monarch, draw a card.
>>
>>55177680
Did Baelish even know that Ramsay was so deranged before giving Sansa to him? I feel like he was being truthful about not knowing that at least.
>>
>>55195014
The fucking banner is a flayed man.
>>
>>55195048

Maybe he overstimated Ramsey's sanity.
>>
>>55194816
He didn't have one. He was always just a bullshit artist.
>>
>>55195014

Book Ramsey doesn't need Sansa. He has a fake Arya Stark, which he enjoys to force everything including attempting to force her into bestiality with his dogs.
>>
>>55183052
More loans from the Iron Bank
>>
>>55182179
Bran is kind of an ultimate authority at this point, he can at this point recall and quote things that happened years prior and recite them back as they happened.
If someone wants to cross-examine him to verify his ability, Bran could probably call up some details of the examiner's childhood to prove his ability.
And as Sansa has said, only a fool would trust Littlefinger.
>>
>>55195533
Except literally nothing was done to establish that to the characters, and he gets away with it because the writers are hacks that can't separate IC and OOC information. The lords -in the story - allow it only because the viewers - outside the story - know it's trustworthy.
>>
>>55195533

Book version is much more subtle and cheerful to the outside world. Even the people who realise he's a natural-born schemer think that he's just a petty smug snake just on it for the money. He's too much of a moustache-twirling villain in the show.
>>
>>55177246
STR: 3
PER: 1
END: 4
CHA: 9
INT: 7
AGI: 4
LUK: 1

Perks:
Bloody Mess
>>
File: 1476155675000.jpg (66KB, 800x449px) Image search: [Google]
1476155675000.jpg
66KB, 800x449px
I just enjoy the show and look forward to the last season.
>>
>>55195596
If he were in it for the money he'd have stayed master of coin.
He was in it for the power and trying to play the long game.
>>55195628
You have to admit that travel times got FUCKING RETARDED in S7. Just how long were Jon and co. on that fucking island? The show makes you think it was only overnight.
>>
File: 1504330270715.jpg (96KB, 1440x959px) Image search: [Google]
1504330270715.jpg
96KB, 1440x959px
>>
>>55177292
So just a random stat block. I can respect that.
>>
>>55195819
Owlbear. Lurk more.
>>
>>55191568
But the bald Vale guy hates his guts (for good reason) and the Lords of the North all back Sansa (for obvious reasons).
>>
>Is Lord of the Vale
>Garrisons Winterfell with his own men after The North loses most of theirs to Ramsey.

Littlefinger had complete control over Winterfell, but apparently the writers forgot that. He literally placed the Starks back into their home, and could have blown up the whole thing by telling the other lords that this was all a plot by Sansa, a suspected traitor who has become "Southernized," to take over the north from John.
>>
>>55191568
>His jury was his lords convinence them and you can't touch him

They were in with the Starks and the one who might've been loyal to him hated him.
>>
>>55195927
I was under the impression that the lords of the Vale distrusted Littlefinger. They went to Winterfell for Sansa, not him.
>>
>>55177246
-10 hp.
>>
>>55195927
But the lords of the Vale hate his guts.
>>
>>55194670
I think that was sort of the point of his death, as badly executed as it was. He accounted for every possibility and was only undone by an all seeing raven god.

He quipped before that knowledge is power, so his maxim and philosophy ultimately proved to be right, just not in the way he wished for.
>>
>>55180899
>the entire fucking trial was a sham
yes because he tried to manipulate sansa into killing her teenage sister. the trial was a pure formality. other lords would have killed littlefinger without any trial for what he tried to do.

>killing the man who is directly responsible for your family's return to power without any consideration?
given the above? yes. absolutely.

>The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.
>The man
I am sure that Ned didn't expect the same of his daughters.

>The Stormlands. Dorne, the Reach, and the Riverlands all have no Lord Paramount anymore.
Yeah, THAT is actually terrible writing.

>And the writers have deliberately killed off every great house that matters
As if the vacuum wouldn't be immediately fulled by middling houses.

>the entire Frey family was handwaved away
Who took their place? Who holds the Twins now? That would be interesting to find out. The show doesn't deliver.
>>
>>55180899
>The Stormlands. Dorne, the Reach, and the Riverlands all have no Lord Paramount anymore
Do they? It's entirely possible Cersei appointed someone (effective or not) to the position as part of a typical administrative decision, but it wasn't shown on-screen because those regions are not relevant to the story right now. Unlike the books and supplementary material of the books, a TV show doesn't have the luxury of having thousands of pages to write in every little detail. I wouldn't expect the show to go out of its way to tell us who the Lord Paramount of the Stormlands is unless that information is going to be relevant to the show in the future.

Plus, as others have pointed out, frankly most of the smallfolk won't notice the difference, especially since winter has come and most people are only worried about how much grain is in the closest available granary. Indeed, the show has told us on numerous occasions that the masses don't really give a shit who sits in what throne so long as they're not being raided by armies or starving to death.

We're heading into the final season, and it's time to start narrowing down the plotlines that don't contribute to the finale.
>>
>>55198209
>Who took their place? Who holds the Twins now?
Considering Dany's army marched that way soon after the Frey house was wiped out, most likely the Targaryen-Stark army does.
>>
>>55180899
>“The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword. If you would take a man's life, you owe it to him to look into his eyes and hear his final words. And if you cannot bear to do that, then perhaps the man does not deserve to die."
Ned never actually said that in Sansa's and Arya's presence. He taught that to his sons. And Sansa did, in fact, look into his eyes and hear his final words. Arya condemned the man as much as Sansa did, they clearly planned this together. So, what, were they each supposed to lay a hand on the knife and cut his throat together? It fit that Arya did it.
>>
>>55180899
>Also, does anyone else wonder who is actually ruling the seven kingdoms right now?
Jaime points this out. When Cersei calls herself queen of the seven kingdoms, he points out she rules "three kingdoms, at best."

It's almost like a brutal civil war in which numerous high nobility are wiped out would leave a power vacuum without clear lordship in some regions.
>>
>>55198352
Edmund after he finally gets out of the cell. No doubt his wife will let him out.
>>
>>55195819
Lurk more.
>>
>>55184816
That autist also happens to be the only living son of North's lass boss and by virtue of that his word is the only thing that counts. See also inbred kid ruling Vale.

Congratulations, now you know why feudalism (and nobility in general) are utterly shit systems only benefiting the 1%
>>
>>55198366
She also did that with Ramsay so actually follows Ned's words to the letter, accidentally or not
>>
File: bane of command.png (588KB, 905x679px) Image search: [Google]
bane of command.png
588KB, 905x679px
>>55181502
>>
How was it different from a violation of a Guest's Rights?
>>
I actually made a d&d character partially inspired by littlefinger, as a mastermind rogue, but the campaign I tried to play them in wasn't a good fit. As it turns out, playing a diplomat character doesn't work so well when you're wandering through the countryside, your main enemies are giants, and you don't speak giant
>>
>>55177246
Strength 0
Dexterity 0
Intelligence 2
Charisma 2

Meelee 1
Ranged 1
Defense 1
Brawl 1

Noble 1
Assassin 2
Researcher 0
Merchant 1

Lifeblood 0/10
Languages: Westeros Common, Valirian, whatever two other a player chooses.
>>
>>55200961
They are the Good™ guys.
>>
>>55201562
He's certainly more of a noble/merchant than assassin
>>
>>55177246
casual normie/10
>>
>>55182179
Mate, they don't need proof. Everyone in the room hates him, he's got no leverage over them, no means of defending himself, nothing. It doesn't matter what he says when they all have weapons and a grudge, and all he has are words.
>>
>>55200461
Robert Arryn is not inbred. He is a spoiled child that has seizures and was raised by a delusional mother.

>>55202469
Killing the people that support you is how you never get support from anyone afterwards. Killing nobles without cause is what got the Mad King named the Mad King and deposed.
>>
>>55202995
Dude, it was Littlefinger. Fucking Littlefinger. Stop trying to explain why killing him is bad.
>>
Str 8/manlet
Dex 12
Con 10
Int 16
Wis 14
Cha 14
>>
>>55201652
>>55201562
Yep. I should've given him Merchant 2 Assasin 1.
Also, Boons: Etiquette. Flaws: Untrustworthy.
>>
>>55198366
Arya is the sword Sansa wields.
>>
>>55202469
Rights exist in Westeros. So does the concept of justice, and procedures for trials. Every other character sentenced to death on trumped up charges by a major lord or royal had a full trial, with presentations of evidence, defendants, and a time between their sentencing and their sentence being carried out. There exists structure and legality.
Sansa threw literally all of that out, except the pretense of her rule, by just kind of narrating his crimes at him then killing him on the spot.
His rights were ignored, his defenses were pre-empted, and his death was ignoble.
It goes against precedent in the setting, and in the story so far.

>>55198366
They cut his throat out before he finished speaking, you ponce.
>>
>>55204746
Yeah, but it was pretty clear by that point he'd had nothing more to say but begging and pleading like a bitch.

Sansa did drag him out in the trial and accuse him formally. Arya I'm pretty sure would be fine with murdering him in his sleep.
>>
>>55203003
>Show claims to be more mature and intelligent than other fantasy epics
>Show's internal logic runs on 'don't think about it morty.jpeg'
>>
>>55205441
Tbh it was better in the earlier seasons. I still like it, but then again I am a pleb.
>>
>>55205580
Nothing wrong with that; telling people not to like something they like is a higher form of autism than I can hope to achieve.
All the same, I'm annoyed by the bait-and-switch a lot of people who talk about the series (GRRM and DnD very much included) employ, when they act like it's somehow *above* the rest of the genre.
>>
I like how everyone in this thread trying to defend this slimeball continuously ignores three things:

1. Sansa's formal accusation was that Littlefinger killed Lysa Arryn, which he admitted to, because denying it would put her word against his, and everyone in the room trusted her more, because he's LITTLEFINGER.

2. Once he did that Lord Royce (the only Vale Lord present, and representative of the Vale therefore) had no formal or personal obligation to defend him; like everyone else he hated the man's guts, BECAUSE HE'S LITTLEFINGER.

Seriously this is like saying Nicolae Caucescu got a bad trial. Of course he did, but does that make him innocent?! NO, it fucking doesn't, and you're wasting your time insisting that anyone misses the slimy bastard now that he's dead.
>>
File: 1285885699239.png (234KB, 432x480px) Image search: [Google]
1285885699239.png
234KB, 432x480px
>>55206144
>continuously ignores three things
>lists two things
>>
>>55206144
>This character was a poopy-head
>Therefore, writers don't need to be competent
Don't you have to go meet up with people to join in shouting 'yaaaas queen slay' 'muh mature fantasy' while jerking off?
>>
>>55206281
>Guy who is obviously sleazy and the least-trusted guy in the fucking kingdom finds nobody is willing to stand up for him or demand his trial be more fair
>this is incompetent writing
>>
>>55206144

>three things

Two, sir.
>>
>>55204848
>trial
It was a murder, not a trial, not even an execution. It was completely against the laws
>>
>>55206306
Yes.
It means that if you are a noble, and a Lord Paramount no less, you can be killed like a shitbag if you're in a room full of people who don't like you.
Some of your vassals are in the room, some of your ancient allies that you helped A LOT, and you are a guest.
Yet, you can be put down like a dog, just because they don't like you and they say you did something that was wrong.

And now you're gonna go all like "IT WAS LITTLEFINGER AND WE KNEW HE DID SOMETHING BAD"

It doesn't fucking matter, because there was no trial, and it set a precedent that is highly dangerous for every nobles in Westeros.
>>
>>55206457
Is it, though? The lord of winterfell sentenced him to death after formally charging him with capital offenses and pronouncing him guilty. You're asking why he had a blatantly unfair trial in a setting where blatantly unfair trials are the fucking norm and have been repeatedly set up in past seasons, even in S1. Her treatment of Littlefinger was no less fair than Lyssa Arryn's treatment of Tyrion in S1 or Tywin's treatment of Tyrion in S4.

>>55206537
>It means that if you are a noble, and a Lord Paramount no less, you can be killed like a shitbag if you're in a room full of people who don't like you.
Which has happened in the show repeatedly up until now, including Ned Stark in S1 where it was VERY clearly shown that Ned Stark's formal power (being Hand of the King, with a letter from Robert declaring him regent) did not mean shit.

It's not "It was Littlefinger and we (the audience) knew he did something bad," it's "It was Littlefinger and everyone in the room knew he was a sleazy motherfucker."

And yes, there was a trial. Not a fair trial, but are you expecting Constitutional rights in fucking Westeros? It's fair by the standards of the show because the show has repeatedly shown us just how unfair a trial in Westeros can be.
>>
>>55206598
>Is it, though? The lord of winterfell sentenced him to death after formally charging him with capital offenses and pronouncing him guilty.
And the lord of winterfell is not able to judge him. The lord of winterfell is not his king, he his his HOST.

>And yes, there was a trial
No, there was not.
Ned trial was being judged by the CROWN. It was not fair, but it was a trial.
Tyrion was being judged by the crown too, a judge that has legitimacy over him.

Littlefinger was a Lord Paramount, invited as a guest in another lord house. He was certainly not the vassal of Winterfell, and he didn't swore fealty to the king in the north.

There was no legal ground to judge him, there was a crude violation of guests rights, and it was, now that I think about it, an act of war, since a king just murdered a highly ranking noble that swore fealty to no particular king.

The message it sent to every other nobles is, if you go to the Winterfell, you might just get killed if they think you did something they don't like, and you won't get a fair trial, you won't get a warning, and it can happens even if just before you helped them a great deal.

Any nobles making an alliance with Winterfell now is a complete fool.
>>
>>55206537
>set a precedent that is highly dangerous for every nobles in Westeros.

Like stabbing a king in the back?
>>
>>55206756
>Tyrion was being judged by the crown too, a judge that has legitimacy over him.
The crown of Lyssa Arryn, apparently.

>>55206756
>And the lord of winterfell is not able to judge him. The lord of winterfell is not his king, he his his HOST.
Jon Snow is his king, you fucking retard. Did you miss where the Vale declared for the North as an independent kingdom? Jon Snow left her in charge while he's off fucking his aunt. Legally, she had every right.

>guest rites
Were revoked when he tried to get two sisters to murder each other so he could marry whichever survived. When Catelyn took Walder Frey's wife hostage, was that a violation of guest rites? No, because they were CLEARLY past that point.

>any nobles making an alliance with Winterfell now-
Knows not to betray them in their own homes because the Starks ain't got time for your shit.

>waw why didn't they warn Littlefinger
Why do you think it's good writing for characters to never pick up on the fact that the obviously sleazy guy who is obviously manipulating you and has a well known tendency to stab people in the back is, in fact, an obviously sleazy guy obviously manipulating you with a well known tendency to stab people in the back?
>>
>>55177430
Pretty much this. He seems like a cunning operator, basically becoming King off the Vale, then he sort of just tards it up selling Sansa to the Boltons for no raisin.
>>
>>55206855
>selling Sansa to the Boltons because they currently held the north and he couldn't reasonably have predicted Jon Snow would rally an army of fucking wildlings of all people
FTFY
>>
>>55177265
/thread
>>
File: 1311232546278.jpg (63KB, 551x758px) Image search: [Google]
1311232546278.jpg
63KB, 551x758px
Am I the only one who realized Baelish intended to kill Ramsay at some point?

I thought that was super fucking obvious. Did people really not pick up on that? After spending like a season and a half creeping on Sansa he randomly marries her to an even bigger creep than he is, perfectly setting her up to re-take the North without even a fight if her husband somehow happened to unfortunately die immediately afterwards, something he's only been doing over and over again since the show started. And it's not like he could've known Ramsay would be defeated at the Battle of the Bastards and killed.

Was I wrong? Did I pull that out of nowhere? I thought it was, like, really obvious that's what he was going for in S5-S6. To the point where I'm shocked other people didn't seem to see that.
>>
>>55206853
>The crown of Lyssa Arryn, apparently.
You mean the "trial" that was considered an abduction by everyone else in the show and when people thought Lyssa was crazy for doing it?

I was speaking about the trial for killing Joffrey.

>Jon Snow is his king, you fucking retard.
He never bent the knee to him, you fucking retard. They recognized the North as independant, they didn't make themselves vassal of the North.

>Were revoked when he tried to get two sisters to murder each other so he could marry whichever survived.
He never held a knife to the throat of anyone. He didn't use violence, he manipulated people. Talking to people and hoping they will do as you wish or tricking them isn't against the law.

>Knows not to betray them in their own homes because the Starks ain't got time for your shit.
Oh yeah sure, that is not relevant at all on the show hammering to the viewer that LOOK IT'S A BAD GUY.
It's not realistic in the least. Saying he's a schemer, sure, saying he's being killed without a trial, no.

But it's enough, I give up, you're too fucking retarded to have a serious discussion. They only thing you can spout is "HE WAS SLEAZY GUYS!!!"
>>
>>55206986
>You mean the "trial" that was considered an abduction by everyone else in the show and when people thought Lyssa was crazy for doing it?
But nobody called for her to answer for it. Robyn was the lord of the Vale at that point and had every right to preside over a trial. Sure it was a bullshit and unfair trial, but Tyrion outmaneuvered her with the rules - demanding a trial by combat was still legal until Tommen outlawed it. It was a lawful trial, not a fair one.

>they didn't make themselves vassal to the North
The Vale is very, VERY clearly in rebellion against Cersei at this point. They recognized Jon's claim as king.

>He never held a knife-
He sowed discord and treason in his guest's home. That is clearly a violation and clearly revoking of his expectation of guest rights.

>without a trial
You keep repeating that, but it WAS a trial. It wasn't a fair trial, but it was a trial.

>I give up
If you gave up you wouldn't be replying. "Get the last word in" is a silly game and by continuing the conversation I'll assume your intent was to continue the conversation, and reply accordingly.
>>
>>55206986
I think you've lost this one, champ.
>>
>>55206884
He gives up a cup he could use to probably get control of the North, to gain nothing. It's not like the Vale needed defensive allies, even if littlefinger was soon enough to trust him.

It makes even less sense given his supposed love for Sansa.
>>
>>55177299
>Dex: Can't fly so good
bullshit what with how he transported himself all over near instantaneously during the last two or three seasons
>>
>>55198461
His wife is probably dead
>>
Is Littlefinger the only member of his entire house? Does anyone inherits anything?
>>
>>55186691
Littlefinger is a byronic hero and the true underdog of the series.
>>
>>55208155
Robyn, his adopted and by blood son.
>>
>>55206144
>BECAUSE HE'S LITTLEFINGER
>ITS THE CURRENT YEAR, LMAO
>>
>>55206144
>""good"" characters do bad things
>but its okay because they did them to bad people
Keep killing those orc babies, god will love you for it.
>>
>>55206970
Yes, you were wrong. He didn't need to get sansa raped to give her legitimacy.
>>
>>55210047
I think it was the marriage part more than the rape part that was important. Sansa Bolton would be set to inherit the control of the North if her husband had an unfortunate accident.
>>
>>55209989
This is just a few steps from proclaiming ISIS to be the good guys
>>
>>55210074
She already had full claims to the north, and claims don't de jure pass to the spouse. Killing Bolton in an unfortunate accident then producing Sansa would have had similar effect, had he only established her legitimacy at some point along the way.
Marriage has to be consummated to count in this setting. He was selling the virginity of the woman he loves to a known creep.
It doesn't make sense.
>>
>>55210074
She was always set to inherit, marriage or no. Bolton had no real claim to Winterfell, he needed a Stark to marry. Baelish gave him just that.
>>
>>55209989
In settings where orcs are always evil, killing orc babies is perfectly fine, morally speaking. Unfortunately D&D and its ripoffs are not ambiguous enough to really support any argument otherwise.
>>
>All those contrarian faggots trying to say that Littlefinger dindu nuffin
This man caused a bloody civil war because his oneitis wouldn't fuck him. He deserves everything he got and more.
>B-b-b-but he supported Starks
He plotted their deaths, and got their father murdered.
>But he helped them in the battle!
A battle which never would have happened happen in the first place, if he didn't cause the civil war and kill their father.
>I take it, the fair trial is off the table?
What trial? He admitted to killing Lysa Arryn. That alone is enough to execute him. Everything else was just a bonus.
>He's a good character killed by YASS QUEENS
He wasn't a good character since he sold Sansa to the Boltons - something so stupid and wildly out of character for him, that his plotline never managed to recover from it. It was a mercy kill.

But then again
>Show canon
Read the books, faglords
>>
>>55210118
>claims don't de jure pass to the spouse
>laughing_cersei.jpg

>>55210126
And Daenerys was set to inherit the throne, marriage or no, with the death of Aerys's male heirs. Doesn't mean the person actually occupying her throne intends to give it up for her. Likewise, Sansa may be the Stark heir or at least, since at that point everyone believed Bran and Rickon were dead at that point, but the Boltons occupied Winterfell and had powerful allies in King's Landing backing their usurping claim.

You're confusing law with reality, which is something this setting puts down time and time again.
>>
>>55210142
>He admitted to killing Lysa Arryn.
This is exactly the moment when he was fucked. He couldn't even request trial by combat at this point, because he admitted to the crime.
>>
>>55210157
>Ramsey dies
>there are no more Boltons
tada
>>
>>55206986
>talking to people and hoping they will do as you wish or tricking them isn't against the law.
You know conspiracy to commit murder is a crime, right?
>>
>>55210142
>Read the books, faglords
The books are shit and the show is objectively better.

Even GRRM shits on book purists in the bluray commentary. Listen to Blackwater Bay, S02E09's, bluray commentary if you don't believe me. He also outright admitted show-Shae is better than in the books.

go back to your overwritten, "never take 50 words to say what you can say in 500" doorstoppers with dumbass plots the show was wise to excise like the entire Lady Stoneheart arc. Us non-hipster adults who can weigh a work on its own merits instead of how faithfully it adapts its source - as if faithfulness is an objectively good thing, despite the obviously different requirements different mediums hold - are talking.
>>
>>55210184
Didn't Sansa, like, inherit Dreadfort in the show? I wonder if there's anyone in the castle.
>>
>>55210176
He couldn't even it was explicitly outlawed two seasons ago.
>>
>>55210213
I apparently fucked up that post somehow.

He couldn't request trial by combat because it was outlawed two seasons ago.
>>
>>55210201

It's weird how such an old family like the Boltons is literally made of two people.
>>
File: 1462477225093.jpg (28KB, 350x335px) Image search: [Google]
1462477225093.jpg
28KB, 350x335px
>>55210196
>5 minutes of Jaime and Bronn talking about cocks
>Daenerys burning EVIL WHITE MEN and SLAVERS with her dragons. DRACARYS, YAAAAS QUEEN
>All the good actors were written out seasons ago
>Religion is bad, goys
Sure, the show is great! Whatever you say, anon!
>>
So in the long run, if the North survives, will this war actually have worked in favor of the Stark family? I mean, their main rivals in the North (Boltons) are dead, and the rebellious elements of Karstark died with the Boltons.
>>
>>55210274
Having two successive generations of actual sociopaths probably isn't good for the long-term plans of a house. Especially when the second is Stupid Evil.

Roose actually seemed somewhat fond of his legitimate son. He himself being a sociopath meant that he wasn't upset on a personal level when all he had left was Ramsay.
>>
File: 1274225250861.jpg (25KB, 283x420px) Image search: [Google]
1274225250861.jpg
25KB, 283x420px
>>55210299
At least the show isn't relying on an obese guy who's almost 70 to finish writing it before he dies.

Know many obese people in their 70s?
>>
>>55210320
They lost too many sons be to really call it a win.
>>
>>55210274

This is an issue for every Great House. The only explanation is tha they become their own houses. s
>>
Euron will doom Westeros.
>>
>>55210320
That greatly depends on whether or not the North is independent in the end, and what is your measure of "winning". There is no version of the endgame where Jon lives until the end. With Bran being a sociopathic tree man and Arya being a psychopathic murderer, it's really all up to Sansa to not fuck up.
>>
>>55210320
Only in a technical sense, really. It's certainly a pyrrhic victory that all their sons died except for a cousin and an autistic raven.

>>55210274
Every Great House is weirdly small compared to real historical noble families. The Starks are the only ones with a cadet branch of the line (the Karstarks) and even they are small. The Lannisters at least have a few unimportant cousins.
>>
>>55210419
Euron is the third lie that Daenerys will slay. Just like Stannis isn't actually Azor Ahai, and Aegon isn't actually a true dragon, Euron isn't a god of the apocalypse. He is a mere mortal, just like everyone else.
>>
>>55210239
>>55210213
outlawed by a king they aren't beholden to
The north has always had its own customs. Shame we didn't get a chance to explore them.
>>
>>55195819

It is a classic joke on /tg when someone asks for stats.
>>
>>55210440

Valyrian Steel Armor
>>
>>55210142
Littlefinger was not responsible for the war, he just set up the board to see if some key characters would fall prey to their own doubts and paranoia, and they did.

It was people like Catelyn who set the wheels in motion by blindly trusting Lysa's word about the Lannisters murdering Jon Arryn, and then later imprisoning Tyrion thus causing the whole Stark-Lannister feud in the first place. Not to mention Cersei's hand in killing Robert, as well her son Joffrey being unhinged enough to kill Ned. The whole realm was a ticking time bomb waiting to go off.
>>
>>55180920
this
>>
>>55210485
>Your honor, I didn't kill this man. I just gave a loaded gun to my psychopathic friend and pointed in the victim's direction.
>>
>>55210479
Jon had a dream about wearing it once. Given the track record of dreams in ASOIAF, take a single guess who will kill Euron and loot his corpse
>>
>>55210320
Most likely they will come out ahead, especially considering several other great houses and rivals are now all but extinct (Lannisters, Tyrells, Martells etc.)
>>
>>55210563

Nothing can harm someone in that. The Targeryan couldnt even afford a single one.
>>
>>55210485
Wasn't he the one who sneak attacked Ned, which led to his imprisonment and later execution, thus kicking off Rob's rebellion part 2?
>>
>>55210638
Remember that Victarion chapter, in which it was said that he didn't fear drowning, so he always wore fullplate?
That's called subtle foreshadowing!
>>
>>55210732

Only after he does more damage than any rival combined.
>>
Lmao you pathetic nerds can cry about your Littlefinger (littledick??) all you want but the truth of the matter is that QUEEN DAENARYS TARGARYAN is the best and she's gonna end un ruling Westeros and Braavos and everything else with Sansa as her Warden of the North, Lyanna Mormont (a total queen btw) as her Warden of the South and Arya as her royal assassin

YAAAAAASSSS QUEEN SLAY MAMA RAMA
>>
>>55211376

What's Danery's tax policy?
>>
>>55211439
I'm a queen I take whatever I want but everyone not white and male loves me for it somehow.
>>
>>55206970
I think LF had no idea Ramsey was such a fucking stupid mad dog. At worst, There would be a bog standard marriage and wedding night sans beatings and he would have an easier time convincing Sansa to forgive him.
>>
>>55208099
Nah. Arya was killing the Frey men. Remember that Walder wanted her knocked up so he could have a claim to Tully lands. She is no doubt in a room feeling miserable.
>>
>>55210176
Right. Just having him say 'I killed her? My wife? Please Lady Sansa, I would never do that."
>>
>>55212527
Well yeah, he'd never met Ramsay and had no reason to know about his torture of Theon. At worst, he could've known Ramsay and his men flayed the Ironborn, which House Bolton is kind of known for.
>>
>>55195724

JUST
>>
>>55212527
Why did he marry Sansa, his oneitis and biggest ally and asset, to some guy he knows nothing about? EXCEPT for the fact that his family betrayed and murdered her family? Like, what's the plan here?
He says that she's marrying him "for revenge", but all that achieves is legitimizing Bolton's claim to Winterfell and getting Sansa raped. Marrying your enemy for revenge is like fucking for virginity.
>>
We got a new Lich King and a new battle plan. We are going to clean out the regions outlying King's Landing one kingdom at a time. Tomorrow we hit the North. After Sindragosa freezes the kingdom, Scourge mops up.
>>
>>55206537
You admitted to have comitted the crime you were accused of and nobody who had a right to defend you was willing to do so.
>>
>>55206986
>Talking to people and hoping they will do as you wish or tricking them isn't against the law.
It literally is.
>>
>>55206986
Are you under the impression that Westeros has some kind of legal standards of evidence and rights of the accused? It fucking doesn't, which the show has been making clear since the first season. Sansa, acting in Jon's stead, presided over the trial, heard arguments, and found Baelish guilty. This is no less fair than Robin's presiding over Tyrion's trial in S1, except Baelish didn't even have the possibility of trial by combat.

He had a trial, and it was one-sided as fuck because literally every trial in the show was.
>>
>>55210157
Cersei has no claim to the throne, she has just killed every noble family who could voice that.
>>
>>55210196
literally every interesting character is at best a footnote. Davos is literally an npc questgiver
>>
>>55213583
Which is simply one more point in favor of the show's theme about power being illusory and resting where it practically resides, not where the law says.

Sansa could give Baelish an ambush trial and execute him on the spot because nobody in the room cared to stop her. End of story. This is perfectly in line with the show's past messages.
>>
File: IMG_3251.png (273KB, 1119x612px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3251.png
273KB, 1119x612px
>>55177246
>actually cared about medieval lore as a kid
>learned a lot about Aquinas, and through it found the period was pretty reasonable and fair, and due process was even a thing
>most of Europe was just chill Church rule with farms n sheit, the power structure made sense
>learned a lot about the Catholic relation to knighthood and nobility that literally ruled the era
Medieval times was like ancap theocracy, and despite Le dark ages was slow and chill. If you didn't starve, it was a happy time

Okay, now what's this super accurate GoT book everyone talks about?
>Knights are all rapists, and are SUPER INFALLIBLE GUYS ALWAYS FULL PLATE
>no pikes or even fucking spears
>Lords make decisions on a whim, not letting lower downs act independent or facing local concerns
>people have fuckhueg standing armies out the ass, and can summon and go to war like that
>people travel all the time and serfdom isn't a thing
>fuck, feudalism and manorialism aren't even a thing
>medieval enforcer battle tactics aren't a thing, everyone just has full steel plate apparently
>most erroneously, there's no FUCKING CHURCH POWERSTEUCTIRE THAT'S THE REASON EBERYTONG IS LOKE OT IS
I enjoyed the books, but when normies talk about how "realistic" it is I seethe a little. If they had just put it in at least the renaissance it would flow so much better

But you know what I mean, right? I'm a cathanon so it really gets me, but the way they handle medieval culture is so dumb, especially in the show, it actually annoys me
>>
>>55198209
>THAT is actually terrible writing.
How?
>>
File: Wyman Manderly.jpg (147KB, 510x575px) Image search: [Google]
Wyman Manderly.jpg
147KB, 510x575px
>>55177246
Reminder that Pieman is best man.
>>
>>55182853
>What the fuck was the plan?
Have all the kingdoms he could owe allegiance to him above anyone else, so he'd have the forces to seize the throne.
>>
>>55180899
There was nothing wrong with the trial. Brann prove his visions were real, meaning there's no reason to look for other evidence or testimony. The trial itself was a formality, there was no reason to prove guilt, and no reason to wait for him to try an prove innocence because they already knew. Frankly I'm surprised it took this long, Littlefinger's fate was sealed the second Brann touched that dagger, and anyone who watched the last 6 seasons and PAID ATTENTION should have known that.
>>
>>55182179
>couldn't be proven.
The person standing in judgement knew his power were real, that's all that matters.
>>
>>55195558
It was done to establish it to Sansa, and that's all that matters.
>>
>>55202469
That's what kind of disappointed me about his death. How did he not notice that the people around him hated and didn't trust him? He has threatened/almost been the cause of misery for all those people.

Fine, give support to Sansa, but stay a good distance away. Just seems stupid to not be able to detect that people hate you.
>>
>>55214550
How is that any different from every other day in his life?
>>
>>55214637
People before this season disliked him, but didn't hate him. He was a slimebag, but after all he did why do did he not expect people to want to kill him?
>>
>>55177292
High Str?
>>
>>55214718
Are you high? Everyone who talked to him called him scum to his face. Cersei nearly had him killed to prove a point.
>>
>>55214885
Yeah, but no one had any reason before to kill him. He literally surrounded himself by people who wanted see him dead. Like you said Cersei nearly killed him, but didn't since she had no big reason.
>>
>>55215055
Yeah, he gambled and he lost. He thought he had Sansa well in hand, but he underestimated what Arya and Brann had become. Do you think he would have stayed in Winterfell if he knew what a warg or a Faceless Man was? That Brann could see everything that had ever happened, or Arya could wear different faces and be different people? Fuck no, he'd have run for it.
>>
>>55206986
>He never held a knife to the throat of anyone
Except the former lord of Winterfell, who he also had a hand in betraying and murdering, of course, but hey, details, details.
>>
Isn't the book version less hated than show version? I'm sure he's more careful of creating allies and building his power base.
>>
>>55215912
Pretty much, show Littlefinger is just a diabolical mustache twirling villain in comparison.
>>
>>55177680
I think Littlefinger's death was laid out far in advance, and despite the show's portrayal he will most likely meet the same fate in the books as well.

In A Storm of Swords, Arya hears a prophecy from a crone pretty much describing the event.

>I dreamt of a maid at a feast with purple serpents in her hair, venom dripping from their fangs. And later I dreamt that maid again, slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow.

The first sentence references Joffrey and the Purple Wedding. The second sentence is referencing Littlefinger, and how his house sigil was formerly the Titan of Braavos. It was speculation for a while as to what the second part meant exactly, but the show all but confirms it now.
>>
>>55195662
I do agree. The travel times completely ruined any sense of suspense. The whole season was poorly written and in the end they still broke it up into two fucking seasons anyway. So much shit happened that just didn't fucking need to. Jon didn't need to get tackled into the ice if Benjen was going to save him. Nobody even remembered who that fucking guy was. Having him show up to save Jon (from something that is guaranteed to kill you in about 10 minutes) so he could ride off to be with Dany was just too fucking much. If they were going to have him live why not just have him get on the fucking dragon with everyone else after taking a wound?

Yeah, I get that the whole point of it was to give the Night King a dragon so he and Dany can have a great dragon fight at the end of the next season, I'm confident they could've written it better. I know I could have. Ravens are apparently as good as telephones now because they fly at the speed of sound. Dragons are evidently jet fighters because they can go from one end of the continent to the other in at most two days.

I'm just really bothered by how much care the previous seasons took in stressing the time that it took for information to go from point a to point b and they tossed it all out of the window this season for no reason. I'm glad people called them out on it even if they don't give a shit anymore.
>>
>>55177292
He's a big guy.
>>
>>55205441
It hasn't been more mature and intelligent for three seasons now.

God, I hope the Fat Bastard has something better planned for Winds of Winter if it ever gets released.
>>
>>55217819
Well, yeah, it's obviously Sansa slaying Littlefinger in Winterfell. His sigil is a titan of Bravos.
>>
>>55182853
>Had John Arryn assassinated to force the starks out of the north
>Attempted to have Bran killed to force a feud between Stark and Lannister
>Pressed for Ned to confront Joffery, knowing it would make matters worse
>Solidified his alliance with Lannister by bringing Margaery Tyrell to Joffery giving him Harrenhall
>Killed Joffery to hurt the Lannisters and further stoke the fire
>Solidified his position within the vale by getting Robyn under his thumb and killing off his mother

The only mistake he made was selling Sansa to the Boltons, had he known John would raise an army to retake winterfell, he could have easily kept manipulating her without losing her trust

By the end he had power over the Vale, Riverlands, Harrenhall, was master of coin and was attempting to gain control of the North
>>
>>55200461
>only living son
JON
>>
>>55210196
>He also outright admitted show-Shae is better than in the books.
Oh shit, a side character at best is better in the show than in the books. Obviously the show is better than the books in every way!

Ignore that GRRM spent like 3 days with the Shae actor for a documentary and she's a very beautiful lady. Of course he's going to compliment her.
>>
>>55218212
LF didn't try and kill bran.
LF didn't kill Joff.
>>
>>55218293
>3 days with the Shae actor for a documentary and she's a very beautiful lady
She's a porn star.
>>
>>55218365
>The publicity of the Golden Bear award for her debut "Gegen die Wand" shed some light on her past, when the Yellow Press discovered that she had acted in several porn movies under a stage name. In her acceptance speech at the 2004 Bambi Awards, she protested against the media coverage of her past as a porn actress. She reproached the tabloids "Bild" and "Kölner Express" for "media rape"

>media rape

Aw, and to think I was excited. Nothing worse than a porn star who doesn't own her fucking work.
>>
>>55200961
Guest rights only apply for a specific amount of time. Littlefinger had been there for about half a year or something. Also we have never seen Littlefinger breaking bread with the stark lords so we don't even know if he applied to guest rights.
>>
>>55206756
>Littlefinger was a Lord Paramount, invited as a guest in another lord house. He was certainly not the vassal of Winterfell, and he didn't swore fealty to the king in the north.
He was invited to the court of the King in the North.
>There was no legal ground to judge him, there was a crude violation of guests rights, and it was, now that I think about it, an act of war, since a king just murdered a highly ranking noble that swore fealty to no particular king.
Guest rights only apply for a specific amount of time. We have never seen littlefinger invoke guestrights and the fact that he is part of Sansa's entourage probably does not make him a guest. Sandor Clegane isn't a guest in the Red Keep either.
>The message it sent to every other nobles is, if you go to the Winterfell, you might just get killed if they think you did something they don't like, and you won't get a fair trial, you won't get a warning, and it can happens even if just before you helped them a great deal.
No the message it sends is that you don't fuck with the king in the north or his sisters.
>Any nobles making an alliance with Winterfell now is a complete fool.
>>
>>55214178
You didn't read the book did you? Most of your points are easily provably false.

Plenty of knights do dumb shit. Not all knights are rapists.
The Dornish have loads of spears
Most lords have a cadre of advisors
They summon their armies from their vassals. Rob waits for a couple of weaks for his vassals to show up. That's not a standing army.
>>
>>55177246
"This is admiral Salen Kotch of the Settlement Defense Front here to make an announcement. I' am to not be, and should not be mistaken for that nobleman lord named 'Jon Snow', who resides in some obscure continent known as Westoros in some unnamed feudal-archaic world. For I am not the illegitimate child-spawn of other filthy fuedal nobles nammed 'Ray-ghar' or Lisa, nor have I bedded redhead snow barbarian or a white haired dragon wench, that is all. Mars Eternum."
>>
>>55218854
>>55218904
While in most real life societies guest right only applies for an amount of time. In westeros it doesn't.

My point about LF probably not being a guest because he is part of Sansa's entourage still stands.
>>
>>55218320
It was literally stated in the final episode that the weapon did in fact belong to littelfinger and there was 0 proof that the lannisters attempted the killing

He conspired with Ollena and was the one who smuggled the poison in and allowed her to put it in the drink
>>
Walder Frey's only mistake was not poisoning Robb instead.
>>
>>55218716
Wait, where are these movies? I'm interested in seeing her suck a mean dick.
>>
File: KitEms.jpg (92KB, 720x334px) Image search: [Google]
KitEms.jpg
92KB, 720x334px
Everytime someone falls in love or has sex with a female in this series, they will fall hard.
>>
>>55219790
Do you seriously believe that he would have gotten away with it, if he just poisoned the king he invited on the wedding?
>>
>>55219865
Why poisoning him at the wedding? His army was joining his, after all. He had some time.
>>
>>55182853
His plan was obviously on hold until the white walkers are dealt with. He didn't want to weaken human forces with more "chaos is a ladder" bullshit.
>>
>>55195947
>They were in with the Starks
for reasons never really explained
>>
>>55219848
>>55219848
Except Jon, who became commander, then king. And Sam, who is still around. And Dario, who is governor in Meereen or something. And Jamie, who has been doing okay since Ep1S1.

I could go on.
>>
>>55219977
>Valedudes have been shown in previous seasons to dislike LF.
>Northmen don't trust a southerner but support Starks instead

Yeah I wonder why.
>>
>>55219980
>John.

John got stabbed to death.
>>
>>55219980

Jaime lost his hand and his relationship with Cersei is destroying him.
>>
>>55220020
>Jon

And got resurrected. Correlation does not cause causation.

A lot of people have sex. A lot of people die.
>>
>>55220041

Exept half of the deaths are direct result of falling in love with someone or sex.
>>
>>55202469
>Littlefinger
>able to use his adept charms and scheming to bring himself from the bottom to the top of the food chain of Westeros
>practically sets the war in motion himself leaving none the wiser
>somehow manages to convince his vassals to send all his levies to Winterfell to help sansa

>too stupid to keep said vassals loyal?
>>
>>55220091
Indirectly you would have a point. A lot of people die because Jaime and Cercei chose to have a fuck in the tower at winterfell.
>>
>>55177246
He's basically Shane from that one copypasta
>>
>>55219749
no.

not in my books.
>>
>>55220100
Again, it's LITTLEFINGER. He doesn't work through loyalty, he uses blackmail, intimidation, and murder. Not a single character in the entire series does as he tells them because they genuinely like the guy. Even Robyn Arryn only agrees with his suggestions because it seems to him to be the right thing to do.
>>
>>55220167

>t. bookfag
>>
>>55219998
>Northmen don't trust a southerner but support Starks instead
Valemen ARE southerners and Littlefinger himself is from the Vale.
>>
>>55195662
>You have to admit that travel times got FUCKING RETARDED in S7

FUCKING
THIS
GODAMN IT

I was bringing that up literally EVERY episode
>>
>>55222025
How does that change anything?
Thread posts: 282
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.