[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Black Legion" thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 36

Better late than never. This is a thread fire discussing and dumping stuff from the Black Legion novel. This is a safe place, if you have irrational hatred for ADB or Chaos please stay out.

With that said, let us begin.
>>
Abaddon's relationship with the gods of Chaos :

>But I am convinced that they hate us. They laugh at our dreams. They mock our ambitions. They fight us to enslave us, knowing they need us. They crave champions for their causes, elevating us, offering more– always more– to achieve our goals, only to abandon us and destroy us when we act against their whims. This is more than simple malice. Malice is crude and practically instinctive, a thing even beasts can comprehend. No, this is spite, and spite requires consciousness, emotion, the capacity for bitterness and wrath.

>But they reserve their fiercest hatred for Abaddon. Oh, how they despise him. They hunger for him, fighting each other for the honour of attracting his ironclad soul into their clutches. The Pantheon hates him the way parasites or addicts resent that which sustains them. Without Abaddon, they have no hope of victory. If he would only choose one of them, if he would only commit his destiny to one of the Gods, it would bring the Great Game of Chaos to its final moves.

>But then Abaddon would lose. He fights not for the Pantheon, those creatures that hate how they need him, nor does he care about their Great Game. He fights for himself, for his own ambitions, and for the brothers at his side. He fights for the Legions cast aside by the Emperor. He cares about the Imperium we built with our blood, sweat, bolters and blades– and he wants it back. He cares about returning to the godling that gave us life and seeing the Emperor bleed for all His failures. He cares about brotherhood, the unity of the damned, the wrongs that were done to all of us.

>And therein lies the root of the Gods’ spite. They beseech him. They beg him. They betray him in spite and then crawl back in the hope that he will bow to them.

>But the power is ultimately Abaddon’s, and that is what the Gods can never forgive.
>>
>>55174887
>His greatest strength is also his deepest flaw. Because he will not bow to the Pantheon, they will forever betray him and work against his ultimate triumph. It is said that Abaddon’s destiny is an ouroboros, the serpent devouring its own tail, as the Pantheon chases a submission he will never give, and he chases a triumph that may never come.

>And so I tell you this, as true as I have ever been in my entire life: Abaddon’s entire existence is devoted to breaking the cycle. We, his brothers, are his instruments in forcing fate onto a new path.
>>
Abaddon's growth as a character and the effects of the Chaos Gods nagging :

>My brother and I stood in one of the spinal observational spires overlooking the dark vista of the Vengeful Spirit’s backbone battlements. Outside of battle, he was often to be found here. As time had passed, as our armies had grown, as the assaults to steal the Vengeful Spirit had increased in number and intensity, Abaddon became evermore a warlord of the Eye rather than the simple, blunt instrument he had been as First Captain of the Sons of Horus.

>And yet.

>And yet Ezekyle himself diminished in ways few eyes outside the Ezekarion seemed to see. The malady that struck him burned slow in his blood, eating at him month after month. He grew distracted, insular, listless. The life in his golden eyes never faded; rather it seethed and turned sour. He had begun to grow apart from those of us he had brought together.

>He led us, still. His lapses and distractions had not yet threatened to compromise his leadership, but the more feverish and gaunter he grew, the more uneasy some of us in the Ezekarion became.

>Soon enough, he stopped sleeping. Sleep is rarely a concern for the warriors of the Legiones Astartes. We are able to subsist on mere hours of such healing rest each week, and we are capable of long periods without it entirely, albeit with a strain upon our physiologies. Yet Ezekyle claimed he no longer sought the respite of slumber at all. Instead he was almost always here between battles, staring out into the teeming half-dark between the Eye’s occluded stars.

>Sometimes I could almost sense what tore at his thoughts. Something? Someone? A presence, voiceless but far from silent, existed somewhere out there in the deeper dark. It called to him. Or threatened him. Or cursed at him. I could not tell.
>>
>>55174951
>I could not tell if it was even real or simply some echo of his own aura, refracting across the infinite. To look into Ezekyle’s soul was always a matter of discomfort. He was but one man, alone and unbreakable, but his soul swirled with thousands of other voices forever pressing against his being. Was one of them stronger than the others? Was that what I was hearing?

>He had always refused to enlighten me, and nothing I could do ever pierced his aura. I wondered if he even heard the presences on a conscious level. He did not seem to. I confess that his distracted stoicism has always chilled me– the warp itself, the galaxy’s own reflection, cries for his attention and yet he resolutely ignores it.

>The pressures of such an existence must be beyond reason.
>>
Abaddon fixes his own gear. Hates when others tinker with them.

>Abaddon wore his battleplate– once the dark wargear of the Justaerin, though in the unreliable timelessness since the destruction of Horus Reborn he had already made several modifications. Another aspect that set Abaddon apart from many of our brothers was his refusal to rely on armourcraft slaves. Abaddon refused to let anyone tend to the maintenance and modification of his black war-plate. The trophies that hung from his armour were all those he had hammered into place himself. The trinkets and charms were those he had carved or fashioned. The repaired patches and sections of reinforcement were each done by his own hand. A legionary has no choice but to let machines and thralls aid in his armouring, when the ceramite plates must be mounted and driven and drilled into place, but that was the limit of Abaddon’s tolerance.

------------
Talon is a weapon and little else for Abaddon :

>Horus had considered the Talon a symbol of his office as much as a tool of war. Abaddon considered it simply a weapon to be wielded, but he was not blind to the symbolism of wearing a trophy of that particular patricide.

-------------
Abaddon is a bro :

>‘Report,’ he said. ‘Tell me everything. And get up, fool. You are no knight, and I am no king. We are brothers here.’
>>
File: 1502328503879.jpg (41KB, 490x633px) Image search: [Google]
1502328503879.jpg
41KB, 490x633px
>>55174857
Just recently got the collector's edition to read for when I'm not painting my BL dudes this weekend, get hyped!
>>
Abaddon and Khayon having a bro fight :

>‘Then tell me, Ezekyle. Tell me what lies in the warp’s cry. The Eye itself is shrieking your name. Unborn daemons drift around you in a halo of torment. What is out there? What calls to you?’

>I knew, the moment his eyes met mine, that I had overstepped. His mouth hardened into a thin line. He idly stroked two of the Talon’s blades together with a whetstone rasp.

>Nagual growled, sensing my unease across the symbiotic bond. You have angered him, the beast sent to me, forever simplistic in his emotions. His soul boils.

>Abaddon’s cold gaze drifted to the daemon. Because of the growl? Because he could sense what the creature was saying? An interesting possibility– unwelcome, but interesting.

>Silence, Nagual.

>‘That is your father speaking, sorcerer,’ said Abaddon. ‘You speak with the vanity that Magnus the Red bred into your bones– that sense of knowing more than anyone else, of knowing best. The arrogance of believing that you alone know what to do with wisdom. You see something you don’t understand and it blisters your mind because, in your arrogance, you are so certain that you alone can deal with it.’

>‘It is not that,’ I vowed. ‘I wish only for you to trust me, to trust all of us among the Ezekarion. We are your counsel and your bloodwards. We are the voices sworn to always speak the truth before you.’

>He rounded upon me, looking down with cold anger barely held back. ‘You are the only one that accuses me like this, Khayon. You are the only one that whispers your doubts and pours them into my ears. You are the only one that scratches at the walls of my mind and demands entrance, desperate to witness my every thought. The others trust me, but you alone do not. Not the proud and wise Iskandar Khayon. Why is that?’
>>
>>55175016
Sucks that it doesn't contain art pieces like the first book, though.

>>55175084
>He didn’t let me answer. He silenced me with a gesture and continued, ‘You stare at me with suspicion. And I will tell you why, sorcerer. It’s because you are afraid. Afraid that I will fail you as our fathers failed us. Afraid that after rediscovering brotherhood I will be deceived into abandoning it once more. Afraid that the madness that claimed Horus will seep into my skull and leave me the same preening, deluded husk he was towards the end of his rebellion.’

>said nothing. There was nothing to say. To deny even one of his words would be to insult both of us. He had spoken my thoughts as if he had read them from a parchment page.

>‘If you wish to speak to me, Khayon, speak from wisdom, temperance and trust. Speak from ignorance if you must. That, at least, is palatable. But do not speak from fear.’ He shook his head in something approaching disgust. That simple gesture shamed me far more than his accusations. ‘Sometimes, brother, I swear that you have forgotten how to hate. All that remains is suspicion and fear. I will have no cowards at my side.’

>I am no coward. I knifed the words into his mind, not by intention but by sheer force of belief. He tensed at their impact, and after a moment he smiled.

>‘Perhaps you aren’t.’ The ragged harshness left his voice. ‘You truly believe I need your aid, brother? That I am so fragile I will fall victim to the same delusions that ruined our fathers?’

>I dared a smile, though there was precious little joy in it. ‘It is more that I have a healthy loathing of the creatures that call themselves gods. The warp is alive around you, Ezekyle. I sense that, without a doubt.’
>>
Fate one of the Sons of Horus commanders that refused to bend the knee :

>‘Negotiations,’ I admitted, ‘went poorly.’

>Abaddon seemed unsurprised. I suspected then, as I have suspected ever since, that he did not wish Korosan to stand with us at all, but appearances of fairness had to be maintained. He had sent me knowing Korosan would refuse me.

>His response was typically focused. ‘Kill them.’

>And so we did. We committed our burgeoning fleet to the skies above Korosan’s world, to rain fire upon nineteen thousand warriors, thralls, slaves and minions. Korosan himself was taken alive at the battle’s end. Abaddon gave him to the Aphotic Blade, who impaled and crucified him upon their battle standard. Servitors intravenously fed him the bodily waste of our Legion’s slaves to keep him alive. He survived for five miserable months.

>Such is the price of defiance.
>>
File: Telemachon Lyras.jpg (103KB, 736x1137px) Image search: [Google]
Telemachon Lyras.jpg
103KB, 736x1137px
In case anyone wondered what happened to Sanguinius' sword.

>Years before, Abaddon had given the first of his loyal brothers a gift– shards of silver from the broken blade that had once belonged to Sanguinius, the fallen primarch of the Blood Angels Legion. The shards were beyond price; flooded with agonisingly potent psychic resonance, fuelled by the wounds the blade had inflicted over the many decades and thrumming with the death-scream echo of the primarch who had been holding it when he was cut down and slaughtered.

>I used my shards in the forging of Sacramentum, the sword born to replace my lost Fenrisian axe, Saern. Lheor had arranged for his shards to be fashioned into the razored teeth of a new chainaxe, a weapon he had then lost within a span of mere months. For all I know it may still lie submerged in the choking swamps of the moon Narix, where we locked blades yet again with the Word Bearers.

>And with his shards, Telemachon had fashioned a new face. The faceplate of his helmet was blue-veined silver with eye-lenses of opal, lit crimson from within. When I looked at him, I saw the wasteland of Maeleum reflecting filthy and orange across his argent features.
>>
Why the Black Legion wear black :

>Black not simply to replace the colours that we had once worn, but to eclipse them. Black to acknowledge our shame. Black to symbolise freedom from the past, to declare our loyalty to none but ourselves.

---------------
Where the Black Legion got their name :

>We did not call ourselves the Black Legion. That name came from those we faced across the fields of battle. It was a curse more than a rallying cry in those distant days. ‘Black Legion!’ they would howl in mockery, with all the disgust of calling us orphans, traitors, scum.

--------------

Sons of Horus joiners are the most loyal within the Legion :

>It is no exaggeration to say that these Sons of Horus were among our most fervently loyal recruits. When I say that we are the Legion of the Long War, I speak of our rebirth and of our lord’s belief that blood and gene-line are irrelevant. What matters is the hate in a warrior’s heart and the skill with which he wields a blade. But I am also speaking of those last, lost souls. They were the ones who endured the final days of the XVI Legion, and they know, better than any other, what it is to cling too long to the echoes of the past.
>>
Time in the Eye is all screwy :

>Sometimes my Inquisitorial hosts ask me to explain the unexplainable. Over the course of my captivity I have related the form and function of many aspects that define life in the Empire of the Eye. Within that realm where physical and corporeal laws go to die, temporal stability is another maddening casualty. Time exists only as a fractured idea, different for every one of us.

>I have fought beside warriors of the Legions for whom the Imperium itself is a distant memory, even to eidetic recollections. It doesn’t matter to them why the Long War began, nor even how it will end. They have been fighting it for an eternity. It is all they know.

>On the opposite side of the same coin, I have known warriors for whom Terra is scarcely a memory at all– the same adrenal rage that flowed in their veins during the Siege still beats through their bodies now. For some of them, chronologically speaking, it has been mere months or a handful of years since their exile began.
>>
>>55175265
>As for myself, I have undertaken missions on my Legion’s behalf that took days to succeed, only to return to Abaddon and the Vengeful Spirit to learn that years had passed aboard our flagship. The reverse is also true. More than once I have waged war in the Black Legion’s name for years, even decades, only to find that practically no time has passed at all.

>But even this is seeking to define the undefinable. We are speaking of a concept that cannot be tamed with words.

>The truth is both simple and devastatingly complex. The truth is that most of us no longer care about time. It means nothing to us anymore. Marking the passage of days and months and years is almost impossible. We fight when we must fight. We kill when we must kill. We eat and drink to sustain ourselves. We sleep when our bodies force somnolence upon us. There is no routine, no harmonious schedule of order. We breathe and bleed and breathe and bleed. There is only existence, moment by moment. You are alive or you are dead.

>And that is the truth our Imperial counterparts most struggle to understand. When we lock blades with the Space Marines of loyal Chapters, and they pour scorn upon us for a bitterness that has lasted ten thousand years. When we have little idea which thin-blooded newborn conclave of hypno-indoctrinated soldiers is hurling itself against us with oaths the Emperor Himself would have found insane. The truth is that it is no ancient grudge rolling on through the cobwebs of old, old minds. Our hatred is still hot. Our wounds are still fresh. It has always been this way, and it shall always remain so. Time cannot dilute the venom that flows through our hearts, for time no longer exists.
>>
>>55175300
>I could not tell you how many years have passed for me since I first set foot on a warp-touched world within the Eye. Sometimes it feels as though I was breathing Terran air only weeks ago. Sometimes I feel incalculably old, weighed down by the pressure of conflicting memories; things that feel as though they happened to other souls, in other lives.

>Time is a mortal conceit, a product of the material universe, and we are bound by no such laws.
>>
How does the marine brain eating works :

>The gene-seed organ responsible for this gift is the omophagea– called, in the oldest scrolls, the Eighth Step of Supremacy, or ‘the Remembrancer’. It takes root within our bodies, attaching to the brain and nervous system through fusion to the spinal column and digestive tract. Though we are gene-forged to steal sustenance from almost any organic matter, even the flesh of our fallen enemies, it’s through the omophagea that we also devour our foe’s memories. Nerve clusters in our stomachs carry pulses from the digesting meat to our minds, which the post-human brain interprets as instinct and insight.

>A beast’s flesh transfers its awareness of its existence, of its surroundings, its struggles, its hungers and its dangers. You sense the nearness of its predators and the taste of its prey. A human’s eyes show a blighted palette of a thousand images over the course of the person’s life, including that soul’s very last sight.

>The brain makes for the finest meal. It offers unparalleled insight from a gallery of stolen emotion and memory. You see another being’s memories as if they were your own: unreliable, often hazy, occasionally excruciatingly vivid. Their instincts overlay yours, your emotion and reason entwines with those of a life you never led.

>It takes discipline to suppress the narcotic qualities of this merging. The sensation can become an addiction all too easily, for it offers pleasure as well as power. In the Thousand Sons we had couched the act in ritual and solemnity– praising the warrior-scholar virtue of ‘knowing your enemy’, and quelling any guilty pleasure in the cannibalistic act.
>>
>>55175337
>Of course, such feasts of flesh are hardly uncommon when any warband emerges victorious over another– look even to the Imperium’s own record of supposedly loyal Chapters, especially those of the Blood Angels Legion’s genetic descent. Flesh Eaters. Blood Drinkers. How do bands of warriors earn such names, I wonder?

The effects are addictive to the marines. Is this a design flaw or a feature?
>>
>>55175189
This is from the Wonderworker. Amazing short story.
>>
Abaddon is making a list of all the Sons of Horus to better hunt them down :

>‘Names,’ I said, interrupting their burgeoning disagreement. ‘Ezekyle is not only gathering gene-seed data, he is gathering names. The name of every Son of Horus entered into the Legion’s archives as confirmed dead.’

>This was typical of Abaddon’s precision. He was compiling an archive of who still lived, tallying the fallen and survivors alike. It was the best way of knowing what percentage of the remaining Legion was already sworn to us, sailing as part of our fleet. The rest would be hunted down, and recruited or killed.

-------------------

The Black Legion looted the meat chunks of Horus and are keeping aboard the VS

>The body this coffin had cradled was years gone, first hauled away like a hunter’s kill to be dissected on the unclean slabs of III Legion butcher-surgeons, then recovered by Abaddon and the very first of his Ezekarion after the destruction of Horus Reborn. What remained of the Warmaster’s corpse– the genetic plunder that was all Fabius Bile had left intact from the looted cadaver– was housed safely within the Apothecarion Apex aboard the Vengeful Spirit, stasis-sealed and guarded by a hundred of our Syntagma war robots, linked to the Anamnesis’ conscious control.
>>
CSM geneseed issue :

>You might think, ignorantly but not unfairly, that Horus’ genetic samples alone would be enough for us to engineer an endless supply of the nineteen biosynthetic organs necessary for implantation to create Space Marines from human boy-children. This is not so, no matter any individual Apothecary’s genius. The Emperor himself envisioned the process, which speaks to the intellect required to first bring it into being, and put it into effect with the immense technological impetus of the Throneworld and its unprecedented access to relics of the Dark Age.

>Even now in the Imperium, an Adeptus Astartes Chapter can be rendered slowly extinct by the theft of its gene-seed, despite its medicae-warriors possessing all the information and support necessary to re-engineer new progenoid glands and create new Space Marines. Indeed, such defilement is one of the Nine Legions’ preferred punishments; nothing drives a Chapter to such desperation, nor tars them with such shame, as the theft of their future.

>And as for the Legions themselves? Would we raid our thin-blooded cousins and descendants in the Imperium if we could render new gene-seed organs with ease? Would we slaughter each other over fragments of lore or tithe fortunes in service and materiel to the Mechanicum’s daemon-forges if we could simply engineer miracles without their priceless expertise? We bind daemons into our war machines to keep them functioning. We forge new amalgamated horrors of daemonic flesh and cold metal to replace technology we can no longer maintain.
>>
>>55175489
>Remember this, for context is precious in the comprehension of this tale. For all that we mock the Imperium in the way you make a virtue of small-minded ignorance, we too have lost so very much. Perhaps even more. Your masters have sealed knowledge away from you, incinerated it, or it has been lost through the natural passage of time. We, on the other hand, have watched it slip through our fingers even when we tried to keep it close.
>>
Abaddon's manage of inter-legion disputes :

>Luck had nothing to do with it. One of the ways Abaddon promoted unity was by overseeing disputes and duels between chieftains and warlords himself, rather than letting them slaughter each other out of his sight, according to their own whims. A subtle touch, but one of the many ways in which he sought to impose laws over our chaotic way of life. If nothing else, I admired his monarchical intentions.
>>
File: The Emperor is a god.png (284KB, 2808x840px) Image search: [Google]
The Emperor is a god.png
284KB, 2808x840px
This scene is 10/10 in the audiobook version. The voice actor did an awesome job acting out the emotional breakdown of the legionaries over the news.

This the best delivered line in the audiobook

>‘The Word Bearers won.’ Telemachon was on his hands and knees in the dust, blood trickling from his unmoving silver mouth. He laughed and heaved and vomited and laughed, speaking between dragged breaths and violent convulsions. ‘The Word Bearers won. They eat dirt and drink shame. They chant prayers to the unwanted truth through bloodied lips. They lost everything. And yet they still won.’
>>
File: DrachArt.jpg (55KB, 355x601px) Image search: [Google]
DrachArt.jpg
55KB, 355x601px
DRACH'FUCKING'NYEN :

>That sword. By the Shifting Many, how much of what we have done has its roots in the wielding of Abaddon’s sword? Oceans of Imperial blood have run beneath that blade’s edge. Rivers of our own have flowed because of it. We fought a crusade to claim it. We have spent an eternity slaughtering those that would take it for themselves.

>In Cthonian, the blade is called Usargh, or ‘Oblivion’. In Nagrakali, the blunt mongrel tongue of Lheor’s former Legion, it is Skaravaur, or ‘Crownrender’. In Tizcan Prosperine, the language of the city of my birth, it is Mal-Atar-Sei, ‘the Shard of Madness’. To Nefertari’s people it is Sorathair, ‘the Thorn in Reality’, a name spoken only as the blackest curse. These are all imperfect translations of the weapon’s true name, for the blade was forged in no mortal realm, nor was it fashioned by mortal hands.

>In the wordless, soul-borne language of the warp’s winds, within the eternal howling of the daemonic choirs, echoes the name Drach’nyen. This is no word as the human mind would understand it, for it is not an utterance but a concept. Within the eternal song of howling, weeping madness is the fate-spun promise of the Emperor’s death, of His Imperium carved clean of ignorance and false faith.

>That chorus, that concept roared into daemonic essence, is Drach’nyen. This is what our languages try and fail to distil into spoken words. Usargh, Skaravaur, Mal-Atar-Sei… They are all aspects of the same thing: Drach’nyen, the End of Empires, a creature with its genesis in the warp-threaded conviction that it exists only to kill humanity’s king.
>>
>>55175489
>Would we raid our thin-blooded cousins and descendants
>descendants
Wtf
>>
>>55175678
>That which you call Chaos, or the Ruinous Powers; that which we call the Pantheon– this essence, this energy, does not obey us. It is not an entity unilaterally supporting us, or a reliable weapon that serves our needs. It uses us. It elevates us, for the purposes of its own whims. It is a force of honesty, true, making us wear our sins on our armoured skin, but it is also the essence of absolute deception, shifting and warping whatever it wishes to pursue its own conflicting ends. It is the crashing, clashing energies of every memory, emotion and agony felt by every human since the dawn of time, with the same suffering of countless alien species flavouring the resultant matter.

>It can be used, but only if you are willing to be used in turn. It can be worshipped and begged, but only if you are willing to risk damnation along with ascension. It is a force flowing through the veins of reality, one that chooses us and marks us as its puppets as well as its champions. That cannot be stated enough.

>It is not on our side. Many of us spend our lives fighting it and resisting it far more often than beseeching it.

>Abaddon’s blade is one such aspect. As I hang here, chained and bound in the tender care of your Inquisition, though I crave to be back with my brothers and doing the Warmaster’s work, there is one comfort in my captivity: it is a blessed relief to be this far from Drach’nyen.

>I can still hear it whisper at the edge of my mind even with my powers stripped from me. But I can no longer hear it laughing. No longer does it seep into the core of my being, a distraction and an infection, a daemon only content when it is rending reality apart and leaving formless Chaos in its wake.

>It is said that the weapon is only a sword at all because Ezekyle wills it to take that shape. I can tell you this is true. It is not a sword. It is scarcely even a daemon.
>>
>Black Legion command structure and methodology :

>These meetings of the Legion’s commanders were the most visible efforts to bring order from disorder. We would speak of supply lines, resources, materiel, formations, crew numbers, targets, duties… In short, we would behave as if we were an organised fighting force, not a disparate conclave of warband leaders bound together in a realm that defied physics and military logistics. Every warrior would speak their piece, citing their relevant contributions. Abaddon, in turn, would hold court in relative silence. He knew the value of letting his subcommanders exercise their authority and– as with any army– feed on their various rivalries. Officers were driven not just to excel before Abaddon and earn his sparse praise, but to exceed the deeds and usefulness of their kindred’s warbands, impressing the Ezekarion and putting themselves in the running to serve the Legion’s highest commanders.

>Abaddon was cautious with his compliments, but one truth was always in evidence: those who quelled internal rivalry within their warbands, either by charisma, murder, or ritual challenges– those who could be trusted to fight reliably and not abandon battle plans at the whim of their own blood-greed or to heed the calls of the Gods– these were, without fail, the warriors who were most often rewarded. To them fell the positions of honour and glory within every assault, and the Ezekarion leaned most heavily upon them to secure victory. They became the backbone of the Black Legion.
>>
Reminder that Moriana the Black and Euphrati Keeler are too similar to not be related or the same character

>Both believe in the Emperor's divinity and were crucial to the cult's ascension
>Both are unparalleled seers
>Both were somewhat connected to Malcador, Moriana being an Inquisitor would make her an acquaintance of Malcador around the HH and Keeler was known amongst the Imperial Palace and the legions
>>
These next paragraphs are written down specifically to respond to the meme bullshit surrounding Abaddon and the Black Legion :

>There are those among the Legions, and scribes of what few Imperial texts are permitted to exist, that suggest the entire crusade was fought purely so Abaddon could claim his blade. This is brazen falsehood. Hundreds of thousands of legionaries would spill from the opening Eye, with millions of mutants, humans and daemons in a tidal horde behind them. Most of them knew nothing of Drach’nyen then, and most know nothing of it now. They have their own lives to live, as pathetic and stunted as those existences may be.

>That false coin comes with another side, of course. There are those that believe we wished to surge forth and take Terra in the first breath of the war. Ignorance of this staggering scale is the rawest, rankest madness.

>The road to Terra is the most fortified, impossible series of battles imaginable. Wars are not fought in one engagement, but piecemeal: campaign after campaign, city by city, fleet by fleet, world by world. Even if we could bring our wrath to Terra in a single strike, what use would it be? The rest of the Imperium would remain unconquered, and would descend on Terra to cut our throats while we celebrated our temporary triumph.

>Horus Lupercal had half of the Imperium’s forces, and he still failed to take the Throneworld, deluded creature that he was. We have a fraction of a fraction of those galaxy-spanning warhosts. Horus began with– and lost with– more than we could ever muster. As the Imperium reeled in the wake of the rebellion, so did we. As it has struggled to recover all these millennia later, so have we.
>>
>>55175781
Okay but where does the Deceiver enter in all of this?
>>
File: Black Crusade.jpg (43KB, 336x474px) Image search: [Google]
Black Crusade.jpg
43KB, 336x474px
>>55175814
>For all of the ways in which the Legions are stronger than we once were– with our daemon-engines and Neverborn allies and the myriad gifts of our spiteful Gods– there are twice as many ways in which we are weaker. Supply lines no longer exist, leaving our guns starved of shells and our warships hoarding diminished supplies of energy and resources. Few warbands can lay claim to the materiel of a Mechanicum cruiser or a forge world within the Eye, and those that can must fight endlessly to protect it from rivals. Slaves die or lose their minds to the warp as easily as they breathe. Whole fleets scatter to the warp’s winds, for Eyespace is far less stable than the material realm. Battleships die of thirst, fuel-dry and crippled in the dark void, to be forgotten or swallowed as part of a macro-agglomeration space hulk.

>Warbands fight amongst themselves over ammunition, territory, plunder, even clean water. Champions that aspire to replace their warlord masters fight duels or sink to betrayal in order to rise above their former stations. There is no true agriculture in the Eye, no harvest worlds supplying sustenance necessities; whole worlds and fleets survive on the flesh and bones of the unburied dead, or the warp-stained roots of alien plants, or the corpulent bodies of mutant livestock. Commanders and warband leaders, even of the same Legions, wage war against one another over matters of pride or power, or to win the all-too-brief favour and dangerous blessings of the erratic Gods.

>Worst of all, recruitment for the Nine Legions is a matter of hellish difficulty. We lack anything like the reliable resources we once had to sustain ourselves and maintain our genetic lines. I could not even begin to estimate the number of ‘bastard’ legionaries born after the Heresy, forged with gene-seed raided from Space Marine Chapters loyal to the Golden Throne.
>>
File: Black Crusades.png (2MB, 1819x905px) Image search: [Google]
Black Crusades.png
2MB, 1819x905px
>>55175844
>And all of this is before the long and difficult journey to actually escape the clutches of the Eye, which is, as I have stressed, our prison and our punishment for failure as much as our haven. The Eye’s edges are where the storm rages hardest. Ships seeking to leave are torn apart in those reaping tides. Do you not think we tried? There is no swifter way to lose warships than by hurling them towards the Great Eye’s edge.
>>
Abaddon is a diva to enities of the Warp :

>It is strange to think back to how he was then, before the Pantheon showered him with blessing after blessing. When he was just Ezekyle, my brother and my sworn lord, not Warmaster Abaddon, Chosen of the Gods. In time, I would scarcely be able to stand near him, forever bathed as he was in a rippling, replenishing saturation of soul-matter, with the warp itself forming a choir heralding his every move. He could not growl without even his closest warriors edging away, nor nod without thousands of daemons shrieking in acclamation.

>But not yet. I could see the silhouettes of unborn daemons seeking birth through his aura, feeding on his hatreds, and I could see the way the warp focused upon him as though he were a nexus, but such things happen to many souls of significance inside the Eye. I did not know then that I was witnessing a mere fraction of his future majesty.

----------------

Daemons of the Warp see the Talon as an object of worship for what it has done and what it will do :

>Abaddon fought with the Talon held back and low the whole time, knowing it had no place in a spar, knowing also that coming too close to the weapon savaged my psychic sense with its bloodied resonance. As much as I had adapted to weather the pressure of its closeness over the years, if I narrowed my eyes I could still see the mist of death-echoes that surrounded its curving claws. That haze of psychic potency attracted countless unformed daemon-things; these too I could see if I focused. They prayed to the weapon. They whispered lovingly to it, an inhuman murmur of praise for all that it was capable of doing in changing the paths of the future. They sang their shrieking, howling songs in gratitude for all that it had done in writing the pathways of the past. In so many ways, as fascinating and disgusting as it was, the Talon was a taste of what would come when Abaddon claimed Drach’nyen.
>>
File: Beating some sense into Khayon.png (178KB, 1676x834px) Image search: [Google]
Beating some sense into Khayon.png
178KB, 1676x834px
Abaddon chocking the shit out of Khayon
>>
Abaddon when faced with the failure of his subordinates :

>‘I tried, Ezekyle.’ Blood spattered to the deck by Abaddon’s boots, spilled from Ashur-Kai’s cut tongue. The warp had wounded him even there. ‘I tried.’

>There had been times before this– and there would be more to come– when Abaddon punished failure by execution. Sometimes, I must admit, these acts were delivered out of unrestrained anger, but more often as acts of calculated and precise mercilessness. To set examples. To establish boundaries. To spread fear, as all tyrants and warlords and kings have done, since time began and the first men and women ruled their brothers and sisters.

>But he is not without forgiveness. He knows when a defeat was unavoidable. That distant day, as our armada sat becalmed in the seas of madness, he barely even looked down at Ashur-Kai before resting a hand on the other warrior’s pauldron and lifting the sorcerer to his feet.

>‘You cannot fight fate, brother. But you did well to try.’

>That choice of words rekindled life in the sorcerer’s red eyes. Shame, yes, but life as well– something dangerously close to hope. ‘Is that what you believe this was?’ he asked Abaddon. ‘Fate?’
>>
>>55175781
Also who was Promius?
>>
Ahriman has no face :

>You know, as my gracious hosts, that my arm was restored between that day long ago and my captivity now. The changes wrought upon my flesh are visible as I stand here before you in this cell, shackled and blinded. My arm regrew– perhaps regenerated would be a fairer term– though it reformed in a far changed state than it had been before its loss.

>It was my first mutation, and far from my last. Ahriman’s Rubric banished mutation from the Thousand Sons, but only among those whom had little in the way of psychic talent, and only by destroying their physical forms. The rest of us are as prone to the warp’s whims and our own sins as any other being dwelling inside the Eye. If you believe my former brother Ahzek is entirely unchanged beneath his Eye-touched armour, you are as dangerously naïve as he was when he unmade our Legion.

>Ahriman believes he is perfectly unaltered. Did you know that? Yet I have seen the void that screams where his face used to be.
>>
>>55176160
The Arabic guy. What was his name? Khalid.
>>
>More about Drach'nyen :

>‘I see a sword forged in a sunset,’ he had told us in a strained tone. ‘I see a star dying, and its ash used to fuel the engines of a great throne of gold. I see the first murder, where brother kills brother, where the rage of the slayer and the agony of the slain becomes a tempest behind the veil.’

>He had spoken like this for some time. I did not mock him for such poesies. I did not laugh at them; I dreaded them. Never had I witnessed him so close to breaking apart. Seeing Abaddon murmur of his haunted dreams in a prophecy-soaked whisper was one of the most unnerving sights I have ever seen. His golden eyes glazed over with cataracts of distracted madness, as though someone or something had reached into his brain to puppeteer his fanged mouth to speak on its behalf.

>The warp promised him this unimaginable prize in a ceaseless song, and yet he had no way of knowing what this treasure truly was. Whatever it was, its presence was a clarion call throughout the empyrean’s tides. It inhaled hope and exhaled promise.

>‘Is it a daemon?’ Lheor had asked, as awed and uneasy as the rest of us. ‘How can you trust such an offer?’

>‘I don’t need to trust it,’ Abaddon snapped back from his polluted reverie. ‘I need only to master it.’

>‘It will be yours,’ Moriana promised him. ‘From the moment you claim it until you wear the Emperor’s crown upon your brow, it will be your companion and your weapon.’

>Few of us were convinced. Amurael spoke for us.

>‘For this,’ he said, ‘you would fight a war?’

>‘The war is sacrosanct,’ Abaddon replied. ‘And it is ours, not mine. We will return to the Imperium and bring fire to those deluded souls who fight beneath the False Emperor’s banners. This is vindicta. This is why we wear the black. Whatever else waits outside the Eye, I will kill or claim as the need arises.’
>>
>>55176262
>We knew so little about Drach’nyen then. I think back to our ignorance in those nights with a sense of something akin to purity. For all the strength Abaddon’s blade has granted to us down the centuries, and for all of the victories reaped with its screaming edge, it remains a cancer threatening to blacken my brother’s heart. I believe none of its whispers. None at all.

Now what does a throne of gold powered by the ashes of a dead sun have to do with the First Murder?
>>
>>55176224
Oh weird. Where you get that from?
>>
File: Large-sigillite.jpg (161KB, 650x644px) Image search: [Google]
Large-sigillite.jpg
161KB, 650x644px
>>55176382
The Sigillite. Do your homework.
>>
Abaddon's ruthlessness :

>I want you to remember this moment, my Imperial hosts, when I speak of Abaddon in the future. When I speak of the ways in which he excels militarily, or shows the gifts of truly charismatic leaders. I want you remember the pact he made with the Ghosts of the Warp, and the way he gestured with the Talon’s scythe blades, indicating Ashur-Kai. My former mentor. One of the Black Legion’s founders. One of Abaddon’s own irreplaceable Ezekarion. The void-guide for the flagship of the fleet.

>Remember this, as a display of the depths of Abaddon’s ruthlessness. Some of you may see it as a virtue. Others as a failing. I cannot speak for you. But I want you to remember it, for it is part of who he is.

>Ezekyle met Ashur-Kai’s eyes, just for a moment. It was all that passed between them as a farewell.

>‘Take him.’
>>
The state of the traitor's ships :

>And if we were low on ammunition, if our armour plating was cracked, repaired and cracked again, the truth is that our fleets were in even worse shape. We had been beaten in the Heresy, we had been beaten into exile in the Scouring, and while the Imperium licked its wounds in the aftermath of our disappearance, we had spent that era waging war against one another.

>For every vessel enhanced by mutation, another was cursed by it; for every cruiser sailing with admirable repairs or an undamaged hull, another was a shell of its former glory. Within Eyespace, our ships were subject to the erosion of the warp’s touch, accelerating natural degradation, and reliable opportunities to dry-dock and repair a capital ship were staggeringly scarce. In the Eye, especially in that era, a functioning, stable shipyard was practically the stuff of dreams. They were always the highest priority for destruction if another warband wished to grind a rival into dust.

>For a time, the newborn Black Legion had claimed and defended Niobia Halo– the shipyard and forge moon belonging to Ceraxia and Valicar. That custodianship had ended when Thagus Daravek led a warhost of Word Bearers and Death Guard to annihilate our docks and plunder the riches we had acquired. The installation was lost in the resulting battle. Afterwards, both Valicar and Ceraxia joined the Ezekarion as fleetmaster and armsmistress respectively.
>>
>>55176576
>It is for these same reasons that you see our individual warriors equipped with ancient and unreliable patterns of weaponry, or reduced to using inefficient, outdated wargear. For all the strength that mutation and hatred bestow, erosion, decay and the eternal civil war between the Nine Legions takes more than its share.

>We are mighty, but it is a tenuous might. Just as that day, when we outnumbered Sigismund’s armada, our advantage was fragile. We did not have the luxury of carelessness. A great deal of our fleet’s strength was concentrated in the killing power and endurance of the Vengeful Spirit and the other largest ships that once sailed at the vanguard of the Great Crusade. Most were changed significantly by their time in the Eye, and I knew their machine-spirit cores would be as disorientated by their return to real space as any truly living being.
>>
I posted the Sigismund fight excerpts in an older thread. If you want to read it go here

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/54890101/#54890822
>>
>>55174857
>hatred for ADB
>irrational
>>
>>55176643
Anon, I don't like ADB anymore either, but this is their thread. Let them have it.
>>
>>55176643
I was tempted to post this but >>55176663 is right, let them have their thread.
>>
>I sensed the spillage of souls into the warp. I sensed the outburst of panicked, confused, blood-maddened, death-drunk spirits of the violently slain, tumbling into the realm behind reality. I sensed the wet laughter of gorging daemons. I sensed the ebb and flow of the empyrean’s winds, blowing harder behind the veil, fuelled by the glut of freed souls. I sensed death after death after death– those who did not know they were dead; those that fought uselessly as they fell into the waiting, gaping maws; those that cried wordless defiance as they were torn apart by daemonic claws. I sensed the daemons that would be born in the aftermath of this battle. I sensed how they loved us for this slaughter, and how they hated us for its mortal limits– for no matter the slaughter we perpetrated, it was never enough, never enough.

>I sensed it all. It was beautiful. Hatefully beautiful.

One of the horrific facts of the 40K universe is the fate of souls. Souls of normal folks either dissolve into the Warp which is said to feel like being burned alive into nothingness, or be devoured by daemons of the Warp and become their eternally tormented playthings.

Places of war and mass death attract masses of daemons who swim around in the warp like piranhas shredding the souls of the combatants as they die in their thousands.

Your guardsmen, your marines, your Ork Boyz, etc they are all daemon chow in the end.
>>
>>55176160
The fat faggot Ahriman tutored in A Thousand Sons.
>>
Abaddon's job is harder than Horus's was

>Some hatreds cannot be overcome. The Nine Legions, subject to the whims of the Gods that stir fate around us, have always been their own worst enemies. When Abaddon’s name is spoken in awe, much of that hateful and jealous reverence is because he does what no other warlord can do: he unites the Nine Legions, even if only briefly, and leads them to war. Horus had half of the Imperium loyally on his side: organised, unified, strong. Abaddon has to piece together the armies of the damned from the depths of hell, where they have spent eternity drowning in their own madness and despising each other as enemies.
>>
>>55175189

> Get a sweet new sword
> Lose it within months

total kek
>>
Abaddon is identical to Horus in every way except his eyes and smile :

>As he floated in the tank, naked of armour and dressed only in a plethora of old scars, that age-old suspicion resurfaced amidst my thoughts. He had always been huge for one of our kind, and had always possessed his primarch’s features, in the way many of the former Sons of Horus tended to do. It was common knowledge even during the Great Crusade that no Space Marine took after their primarch as obviously as Ezekyle Abaddon took after the Warmaster.

>But seeing him stripped of battleplate and pretension alike, the similarity between dead father and living son was nothing short of revelatory. I finally gave voice to a question many had considered, yet none had dared ask.

>‘Are you Horus?’

>His golden eyes glinted with amusement. He dragged in a slow breath through his rebreather.

>‘I am Ezekyle Abaddon,’ he said through the medicae tank’s speakers.

>‘That is not what I meant.’ I shook my head and gestured to him: this immense figure in the suspension tank, with slabs of muscle over muscle and a demigod-like stature that had led to this legend being whispered throughout the Nine Legions, a legend that would one day be whispered across the galaxy. ‘Are you Horus? Are you his clone? His… son?’

>He laughed, the sound wet and tinny over the speakers. ‘What do you believe, Khayon? Do you think I am?’

>I saw no reason to lie. ‘Yes.’

>This delighted him. I was not sure why.

>‘And if I were, brother– if I were merely Horus remade, recrafted, with a twist in my gene-code here and an alteration there, would it change anything?’

>I had to think about that. I looked into his eyes but saw no answers there, only amusement.

>‘Perhaps. Perhaps you have always been a genetic twin of your primarch. Or perhaps Ezekyle Abaddon was slain in his pilgrimage across the Eye, and you are one of Fabius’ creations in his place. How am I to know?’
>>
>>55176906
>This, too, delighted him.

>‘So yet again we come back to trust, my brother.’

>‘So it seems.’

>‘Let me ask you this, Khayon. What does it matter? Clones, sons, fathers… Let the herd whisper whatever truths they choose. Our eyes are set on worthier goals. We look to the future, not the past.’

>I acceded with a nod, knowing that there was no answer to be had here. Knowing, ultimately, that he was right. It did not matter.

If Abaddon ever gets a new model, then it should be as huge or bigger than Girlyman's model.
>>
The last bit.

>We were free. Free of our prison, sailing at the vanguard of a colossal invasion of Imperial space.

>Our escape plunged the entirety of the Segmentum Obscurus into war. The conflict that raged for decades– that which you call the First Black Crusade– would eat at our resources as much as it replenished them, stealing as many gains from us as it granted.

>You know of the purges and sterilisations and recolonisations that followed the war, seeking to sear our existence from the minds of the Imperial faithful. We have forever been the Imperium’s dirty little secret, a truth never more pronounced than when the Adeptus Terra moves upon its own citizens, forcing them to forget we ever existed.

>And there is so much yet to tell of the First Black Crusade, with its years of protracted war against the increasing tides of Imperial resistance.

>There are those among the Legions that regard the devastating conflict as an unmitigated victory, and there are those that see nothing but harrowing loss in the defeats they sustained.

>The truth, as ever, is in the grey that exists between the black and the white. We did not call it a crusade. To us, it was the opening campaign of the Long War, and even that suggests a level of organisation that could scarcely exist. There was no overall conflict to judge. It broke down into a hundred wars between individual fleets and warbands rampaging their way through the segmentum. Warlords from the Nine Legions sought their own glory; champions shed blood and raided slaves and offered sacrifices in the myriad names of the Pantheon they either willingly served or courted for favour.
>>
>>55177054
"Black Crusade" is a term invented by the Imperium. The Black Legion did not call when they were doing crusading. The "first Black Crusade" was just hundreds of warbands going to different direction, after Khayon scattered them during the sandwiching between Black Templar and Daravek fleet. While the fighting was going on and Cadia burned for the first time, Abaddon and his crew sailed towards Urlan the resting place of Drach'nyen.

Book 3 will focus on the adventure Khayon and Abaddon will have in the Tower of Silence where Abaddon will claim the Sword of the First Murder and begin the final downfall of mankind. It can'y come any sooner.
>>
>>55177054
>>The truth, as ever, is in the grey that exists between the black and the white.

Khayon's worst sin is being a centrist faggot.
>>
Do you have the right between Sigismund and Abby? I read a teaser in the first book but haven't read that one yet.
>>
>>55177642
see >>55176605
>>
Book was good and didn't really fanwank anyone. The Imperium are a sort of antagonist and are very much threatening.

Also turning the Warp Ghosts from just another chaos warband into CSM Legion of the Damned was cool
>>
>>55176643
>>55176663
I don't really see how anyone could have a big problem with this book, it avoids all the stuff the ADB people tend to complain about:

-No fanwanking of Chaos
-Abaddon is portrayed as tough and threatening but isn't a mary sue, suffers multiple defeats and setbacks
-No retcons
-Imperium isn't stupid/inept and are threatening adversaries

The only things I can see bothering /tg/ that they usually bitch about is some Chaos Space Marines having a sense of comradely/honor instead of being pure evil psychos (though those exist as well). Also are some female characters though they're either slaves or minor side people
>>
>>55174857
>if you have irrational hatred for ADB or Chaos please stay out.
what about rational hatred
>>
>>55174887
I'm gonna choose to take that as unreliable narrator because holy fuck the wanking.
>>
File: ADB explains Abaddon.png (90KB, 1069x751px) Image search: [Google]
ADB explains Abaddon.png
90KB, 1069x751px
>>55178058
It's just ADB's words from Khayon's mouth.
>>
>>55178024
You forgot the new Drach'nyen lore.
>>
>>55177949
>Also turning the Warp Ghosts from just another chaos warband into CSM Legion of the Damned was cool
This was establesh in the FW books already.
>>
>>55176170
>Ahriman has no face
No Khayon THINKS Ahriman has no face. Thats the problem with BL fluff everyone takes it at face value.
>>
>>55179059
You are so punny but Khayon is certain. He had seen the emptiness that is Ahriman's face.

>Yet I have seen the void that screams where his face used to be.
>>
>>55179124
XD. But my point stands, Thats just what Khayon thinks. Its not shown that Ahriman has no face, were just told that. Of course its not unlikely that Ahriman has a mutation, however in other novels he's not shown with that specific one. In fact I seem to remember his face being described as a shifting visage much like Magnus'.
>>
>>55178196
what new lore? I didnt find anything new, unless you never read master of mankind
>>
>>55175680
Probably referring to offshoot CSM's from the original Legions.
>>
>>55174857
>Without Abaddon, they have no hope of victory
>Chaos is inevitably destined to win no matter what happens (including a Vindicare exploding Abaddon's stupidly exposed head)
Carnac really needs to pick one.

If Abaddon is absolute essential to a Chaos victory, he's very much mortal so obviously they are beatable. If he isn't the Chaos Gods have no reason to not just turn him into a spawn for being uppity.
>>
File: BRILLIANT_.jpg (58KB, 795x595px) Image search: [Google]
BRILLIANT_.jpg
58KB, 795x595px
>>55178127
>"I wanna use and then double cross the Chaos Gods to claim absolute rule of the galaxy for myself!"
>"Better cram my 'Legion' full of men who worship daemons, men who are possessed by daemons, and men who literally *are* daemons!"

Five seconds after a hypothetical timeline in which Abaddon gets anywhere close to accomplishing any of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c7jNYpPFzE

What a moron.
>>
>>55180756
You really should learn to read the CSM codex and stop putting words in people's mouths. A unifying person like Abaddon and his former rival emerge every 10K years. If Abaddon falls, then Chaos would divide itself allowing the mortal races to rebuild and prosper for an age until a new champion arises. The Emperor in MoM says it clearly when pointed that even if Horus was defeated the fall of mankind will not be averted. It might take 100 years or 10K, humanity will fall because Chaos will learn from its mistake and raise a champion that's smarter and more powerful than Horus . And so on and so forth.

For that reason, the Chaos Gods are protecting Abaddon and gave him Drach'nyen which carries their mandate and the promise of the Emperor's death. They are placing all their bets on Abaddon and what the Chaos Gods desire will come to pass.

>Vindicare

>c.M31 THE HORUS HERESY

>After the Warmaster Horus’ treachery is revealed, an early incarnation of the Officio Assassinorum sends four operatives, one from each of the major temples, to hunt down and destroy the traitor Primarch. All four are found wanting, for Horus is powerful beyond the reach of mortal men, and his destiny lies elsewhere.

>999.M41 THE FOE UNTOUCHABLE

>Within the Eye of Terror, a Black Crusade of unprecedented size musters to break open the Cadian Gate. Rumours abound that its supreme warlord is empowered by the Gods of Chaos, and that whilst he enjoys their favour, cannot be laid low by mortal weaponry. The agents of the Officio Assassinorum are dispatched en masse to slay the Warmaster Abaddon and his most favoured lieutenants before they breach realspace. One by one they reach a succession of grisly ends, and still Abaddon remains at large.
>>
>>55180866
Dude, see >>55175761

The Black Legion marines are mostly more loyal to Abaddon and the vindicta than they are devoted to the Chaos Gods.

It was shown in Fall of Cadia that the activation of the Pylons and the draining of the powers of Chaos from the Black Legion marines did nothing but encourage them to fight harder. They saw the dying of the Emperor's light as vindication for their Long War and gave no care for the favor of the Chaos Gods disappearing.
>>
File: wb.jpg (224KB, 900x563px) Image search: [Google]
wb.jpg
224KB, 900x563px
>>55180957
It's funny because in the actual Chaos codex it says nothing like that, it even explcitly says Abaddon has been grinding his fruitlessly trying to break out of the Cadian system for a solid hundred year while everyone else just up and ditched him.

>As they dispersed, though, their strength around the Cadian Sector – as well as in and around the Eye of Terror itself – thinned. Many warbands of Traitor Legionaries and renegades, some in direct disregard of the Despoiler’s orders, used the opportunity to bypass the defenders of the Gate entirely and launch their attacks on more vulnerable worlds elsewhere in the galaxy.

>This has left huge numbers of Imperial defenders deployed around Cadia awaiting a coordinated Chaos second wave that may never come. There are whispers in Imperial Sector Command of the possibility of retaliatory strikes, of claiming back some territory lost in the recent war, and even of reclaiming the ruins of Cadia herself.

>Poised around the Eye sits a force of Space Marines rivalling that of the Legions of old, entire Knight Households, and of course, the orphans of Cadia themselves – more than 200 regiments of Astra Militarum shock troops eager for vengeance.

>Cadia may have broken; the Guard, have not.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/06/new-warhammer-40000-war-zone-cadia-may6gw-homepage-post-4/

LMAO his Black Crusade just fucking ran out of steam because it turns out literally no one cares about or listens to him.
>>
>>55181032
Some warbands disobeyed. That's the nature of Chaos.

And yes, it does and the Imperium is throwing everything it has at him to stall his advance but the 13th Black Crusade is on going. If Cadian defenders lose a second time, then if you read the CSM you know that this is the end of the Imperium.
>>
File: Urkanthos Daemon Prince.png (87KB, 165x314px) Image search: [Google]
Urkanthos Daemon Prince.png
87KB, 165x314px
>>55181022
Obviously the literal Khorne daemon commander of his fleet is more loyal to some idiot in a topknot than the god who literally owns his soul. Also, from the CSM codex his "Legion" is literally just a bunch of taped-together warbands held in check exclusively by terror:

>Even so, there is no denying that the Black Legion remains an alliance of traitors; the warlords therein are constantly scheming against their rivals, vying for prominence and glory, and undermining their contenders’ achievements, even when they are not openly battling amongst themselves. Only their collective fear of the Despoiler forces them to suffer cooperation – fear and the chilling memory of the fates of those who have crossed him.
>>
>>55181089
The second wave hasn't even shown up because they aren't there. They deserted. The Imperial defenders aren't even fighting, they're just sitting there.
>>
File: Chads vs. Marinelets.jpg (39KB, 217x254px) Image search: [Google]
Chads vs. Marinelets.jpg
39KB, 217x254px
>>55181089
>If Cadian defenders lose a second time, then if you read the CSM you know that this is the end of the Imperium.

>Implying pathetic Black Legion marinelets can do anything but whimper and die against chads
Lol. Even Fabius Bile recognizes that Guilliman's latest get are vastly superior to anything in Abaddon's arsenal.

>One Hour
>>
>>55181108
Daemon Princes have rebelled against their patrons before and forged their own paths.

And see >>55175549

Why do you do this to me? Do I have to link every green text in this thread to you? What's not been linked is the fact that Khayon and Lyras caused a civil war in the Black Legion which Abaddon had to step up to shutdown.

And that's all beside the point. The Black Legion belong to Abaddon, not the gods.
>>
>>55176457
>>55176224
>>55176160
Promius is Lemuel Gaumon, Ahriman's human apprentice. Outright stated in The Crimson King
>>
>>55181179
I disagree, In Shroud of Night, the Unsung fight Primaris marines. Other than being slighty harder to kill, they were like any other marines to the Alpha Legionaries.

Also Grey Knights according to the codex remain the superior breed of marines. Khayon wiped the floor of 5 of them at once while receiving minor injuries.

>>55181132
That's old news. It has been 100 years later, they are struck in a deadlock.
>>
>>55179124
Ahriman having a magically shifting featureless face apart from his eyes was introduced in Atlas Infernal. Khayon's melodramatic wording is him throwing shade like a little bitch like he does everytime he mentions Ahriman.
Also remember that all of these books are Khayon telling a story, I wouldn't believe everything he says at facevalue at all.
>>
>>55181184
>Daemon Princes have rebelled against their patrons before and forged their own paths.

Literally an eternity of slavery, they do what they're damn well told:

>Yet for all this they are slaves as surely as any who follow the Gods of Chaos, for with immortality comes an eternity of servitude.
-Khorne Daemonkin

>Yet a Daemon Prince is just as much a tool of the Dark Gods as his mortal followers. If anything, he becomes even more of an extension of his master’s will. Daemons cannot
truly be killed, only banished back to the warp for a time – one who ascends to daemonhood can look forward to an eternity of servitude
at his patron’s behest. Even death is no respite.
-Codex CSM

There's literally no way out.
>>
File: mfw Rubric.png (335KB, 434x314px) Image search: [Google]
mfw Rubric.png
335KB, 434x314px
>>55181257
>AHRIMAN, STOP THIS MADNESS!
>>
File: Marinelets vs. Chads.jpg (32KB, 219x208px) Image search: [Google]
Marinelets vs. Chads.jpg
32KB, 219x208px
>>55181215
>I disagree, In Shroud of Night, the Unsung fight Primaris marines. Other than being slighty harder to kill, they were like any other marines to the Alpha Legionaries.
Funny how the exalted Black Legion didn't seem to think so, to the point that a band of lunatic berzerkers just up and fled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8IkbCeZ9to
>>
>>55181340
>>55181340
There are examples of rebellious daemon princes. One of them being Be'lakor.

Daemons are slaves in that they cannot behave in any way other than what Chaos Gods programmed them with but still they can disobey and strike against the Chaos Gods that birthed them. Skarbrand the Exile is one example. The fugitive Slaanesh daemon Clarion who escaped Slaanesh's displeasure and is hiding in real space in the stolen form of a little girl.

>>55181375
Dude, I can give you the same exact situation happening to the Primaris in their own marine codex.

>Not all was triumph and glory, however. The crusade came to many worlds that were beyond salvation. Where there was no hope, Guilliman sought instead to bring vengeance. There could be no saving the hive world of Bhundar from the bubonic taint that covered it, but once cauterised with cleansing fire, the warp disease spread no further. The Daemonic rituals held atop the mouldering ruins of the cardinal world Gloriphia was not just halted but annihilated, and there the daemonic ichor ran in rivers. Not all could be avenged, however. The initial combat drop into Secundus Terra suffered ambushes and catastrophic malfunctions, having been lured into a terrible trap by the Alpha Legion. Although it pained him to do so, Guilliman made the difficult decision to pull back, skirting the whole Primagenesis System, as he could not afford to become bogged down in a long war of attrition.

And Hounds of Abaddon are a Khornate warband but they are not on the deep end of it.
>>
>>55181215
>Khayon wiped the floor of 5 of them at once while receiving minor injuries
Says Khayon, in chains, to the Inquisition. He also claims to have personally beaten up a Primarch. His claims are not very plausible.

The truly hilarious part, though, is that even if you're dumb enough to just believe what a snake-tongued heretic witch tells you it only makes Abaddon look like even more of an idiot than usual for sending this guy to his utterly pointless death delivering an obvious message no one will hear or care about. Right before he suddenly found himself with a massive Primarch (cucked by Guilliman and Mortarion both).

>"Abaddon says to tell the Emperor we're gonna come to kill him."
>"No shit? We always thought the whole 'Death to the False Emperor' thing meant you were here for tea and cookies."
>>
>>55181436
>And Hounds of Abaddon are a Khornate warband but they are not on the deep end of it.
They're literally bombarding their own position from orbit as they charge like a pack of lunatics in Fall of Cadia.

>Up the bloody ground the Hounds surged, trampling the dead of both sides, heedless of the defenders’ fire. Their war-cry was a booming bellow, more like the growl of a beast than the speech of men. Blood! Blood! Blood! Macro-cannon shells burst amongst the formation, hurling broken bodies down the hills of corpses. Still the Hounds came on. Blood! Blood! Blood! Creed bellowed orders from atop the barbican, and the approach blazed brilliant with las-fire. Still the Hounds came on. Blood! Blood! Blood! By prearranged signal, a new bombardment began. The vessels of the Black Fleet pounded the approach to the Kriegan Gates, uncaring of their dark brothers’ lives. Tortured skyshields flared and died. Defenders were snatched into the abyss, or cast from their shattered strongholds. Traitors perished too, slain by the capricious fury of their own warships,but still the Hounds came on.

Seem like paragons of rational stability.
>>
>>55181439
>Says Khayon, in chains, to the Inquisition. He also claims to have personally beaten up a Primarch.

They can go verify his account because one of the Grey Knights survived and he became a Grand Master of the GK's third company who would become Khayon's loyalist nemesis hunting him wherever he went.

And Khayon being there is a matter of speculation in the series. Clearly something is going on but the most simple explanations is Abaddon wanted him gone because the Khayon and Moriana sitution or becaus Khayon is too brokenhearted at what happened to Abaddon.
>>
>>55181436
>Skarbrand the Exile is one example. The fugitive Slaanesh daemon Clarion who escaped Slaanesh's displeasure and is hiding in real space in the stolen form of a little girl.
Bloodthirster and Keeper of Secrets respectively, neither daemon princes. And Be'lakor is literally described as an unwitting puppet bouncing from god to god in his own dataslate and too dumb to realize it.
>>
>>55181487
In the Red Path series it's noted that the Hounds of Abaddon weren't as insane as Kharn's warband. They weren't berserkers but Khornate normal marines. So there is enough rationality in their heads not to die needlessly.
>>
>>55181512
>And Be'lakor is literally described as an unwitting puppet bouncing from god to god in his own dataslate and too dumb to realize it.

And the dataslate begins with talking about how uncontrollable he is for the gods. They can whisper to him and manipulate him but they cannot order him around directly.

>Bloodthirster and Keeper of Secrets respectively, neither daemon princes.

Daemons are daemons. The chains between a Greater Daemon and his god are tighter than between a daemon prince and his god.
>>
>>55181506
>They can go verify his account because one of the Grey Knights survived and he became a Grand Master of the GK's third company who would become Khayon's loyalist nemesis hunting him wherever he went.
Strangely no testimony to this alleged incident has been presented outside of his own words. Nor any of this random chump dueling Magnus into submission. Abaddon could really use someone like that, the chumps he sent to off Guilliman crumpled like tinfoil.

>And Khayon being there is a matter of speculation in the series
He says he's there to deliver a message, and it's not like he's going to be doing anything else before his agonizing demise.

>Clearly something is going on but the most simple explanations is Abaddon wanted him gone because the Khayon and Moriana sitution

>"I have an utterly loyal Primarch-tier sorcerer. It's the eve of my latest Big Plan."
>"Better send him of to spill intelligence and die because lol, politics"

There's Armless' famed strategic genius showing itself.

>becaus Khayon is too brokenhearted at what happened to Abaddon.

>"Muh feefees!"

LOL and I thought Curze was a melodramtic faggot.
>>
File: Hounds of Abaddon.jpg (94KB, 420x441px) Image search: [Google]
Hounds of Abaddon.jpg
94KB, 420x441px
>>55181536
>So there is enough rationality in their heads not to die needlessly.

It's funny because it's the opposite of that:

>By prearranged signal, a new bombardment began. The vessels of the Black Fleet pounded the approach to the Kriegan Gates, uncaring of their dark brothers’ lives. Tortured skyshields flared and died. Defenders were snatched into the abyss, or cast from their shattered strongholds. Traitors perished too, slain by the capricious fury of their own warships,but still the Hounds came on.

>They weren't berserkers but Khornate normal marines

Please stop the obvious lying:
>After the World Eaters Legion disbanded during the fighting on Skalathrax, most Berzerkers formed separate warbands, and many bastardised practices of lobotomisation spread to other Chaos Space Marine forces with them. Abaddon, in particular, has recruited a number of highly skilled Berzerker-surgeons to his cause, and only the Black Legion is even close to the World Eaters in their perfection of this barbaric procedure.

Pic very much related.

>"Th-they're not Khorne Berzerkers, just g-guys who dress and act exactly like them!"
>>
>>55181625
>Strangely no testimony to this alleged incident has been presented outside of his own words.

They can just call the Grey Knights to verify that truth about that incident. When he mentioned Moriana the inquisition dug their records to know who she was. The Inquisition isn't just listening in the background.

>Nor any of this random chump dueling Magnus into submission. Abaddon could really use someone like that, the chumps he sent to off Guilliman crumpled like tinfoil.

Abaddon needs him on Terra. It should be noted that Khayon is an assassin more than he is a commander. So implications are bad.

>He says he's there to deliver a message,

You spent minutes disbelieving everything and now you want to believe just this?

>>"Better send him of to spill intelligence and die because lol, politics"

What he is saying is ancient history that won't save the Imperium from the Crimson Path. He says this in book 1.

And Abaddon has the primarchs on his side now. Khayon can now rest. No more suffering for him.

>LOL and I thought Curze was a melodramtic faggot.

You understand nothing about brotherhood.

Also from the text above, Khayon is glad to be as far as posible from Drach'nyen.
>>
>>55181694
>It's funny because it's the opposite of that:

They weren't dying needlessly. They were working towards an objective.

>Please stop the obvious lying:

I ain't and this doesn't say Hounds of Abaddon. Simply that Abaddon has zerkers in his armies.

And I can post a picture of Hounds of Abaddon that look like a normal CSM.
>>
File: Hounds.png (1MB, 1069x721px) Image search: [Google]
Hounds.png
1MB, 1069x721px
>>55181755
>>
>>55174857
>This is a safe place

You bring shame to chaos players everywhere.
>>
>>55181726
>Abaddon needs him on Terra. It should be noted that Khayon is an assassin more than he is a commander. So implications are bad.

The Emperor is fine, or at least as fine as he's been since fighting an actually brave and powerful opponent (Horus).

>You spent minutes disbelieving everything and now you want to believe just this?
He's been tortured, blinded, and stripped of his psychic powers. What's he going to do, bore them to death with massive daddy issues?

>And Abaddon has the primarchs on his side now. Khayon can now rest. No more suffering for him.
Funny how they seem to be doing their own thing rather than making any effort to help Armless break out of Cadia. Mortarion just cucked Abaddon right out of the spotlight and got a shiny plastic model while poor old Abbie is stuck as 20+ years old fincrap, lmao.

>You understand nothing about brotherhood.

>Abaddon
>Brotherhood

Literally stabs his allies in the back like a massive coward, tortures subordinates for unavoidable failing, and keeps his motley crew together exclusively through terror.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMjmYr8zlyM

Seems like a personable fellow.
>>
>>55176170
Why does Khayon/ADB always try to talk shit about Ahriman?
>>
>>55181866
>The Emperor is fine, or at least as fine as he's been since fighting an actually brave and powerful opponent (Horus).

Two facts.
The Emperor is a corpse
The Emperor ran from Drach'nyen in the HH.

And who says Khayon is there to assassinate the Emperor. He could be there to take out Sargon or any other target.

>He's been tortured, blinded, and stripped of his psychic powers. What's he going to do, bore them to death with massive daddy issues?

So do you think he is lying or not?

>Funny how they seem to be doing their own thing rather than making any effort to help Armless break out of Cadia. Mortarion just cucked Abaddon right out of the spotlight and got a shiny plastic model while poor old Abbie is stuck as 20+ years old fincrap, lmao.

Them doing their own thing weakens the Imperials ability to reinforce the Cadian sector.

>Literally stabs his allies in the back like a massive coward, tortures subordinates for unavoidable failing, and keeps his motley crew together exclusively through terror.

Allies in other legions that would have stabbed him in the back given the chance.

And Eliphas is not a fellow Black Legionare. He is Abaddon's slave. Everyone hated Eliphas and gave him shit. Lorgar, everyone in his own legion, the Chaos Gods, and now Abaddon.
>>
>>55181625
>Nor any of this random chump dueling Magnus into submission.
Dont spread lies. Khayon claims to have 'forced him to kneel'. Nothing else is known about it and its entirely more likely that he was forced by non-combative means.

Besides its not like the deal stuck as Magnus refused to see Abaddon before the 13th BC so the BL had to deal with Ahriman. Magnus and the TSons were also the only legion that didnt send troops to attack Cadia.
>>
>>55181755
>They weren't dying needlessly. They were working towards an objective.
They were bombarding their own goddamn position from orbit and explicitly not giving a fuck about trying to avoid being annihilated by their own guns out of sheer bloodlust.

>And I can post a picture of Hounds of Abaddon that look like a normal CSM.
It's funny because that picture explicitly says they charge into fray with nothing but their own teeth and says nothing about any tactic prowess or restraint.
>>
>>55181885
Khayon is/was Ahriman's rival. ADB says in his author notes that Khayon is just as arrogant and naive as Ahriman so whenever Khayon is badmouthing Ahriman he is being a hypocrite.

Khayon was there during the Rubric. He ran into the magical maelstrom to stop Ahriman from casting it. He was that close to stopping it but it was too late. Khayon in rage beat Ahriman to a pulp but what was done was done. Khayon lived with what happened for many years before the black saved him for it. Even then he still a bit resentful of Ahriman who keeps talking shit to him whenever they meet (I am not mutant like you, Khayon, I am stronger than you, tehe~).
>>
File: lheor_artwork.jpg (288KB, 459x709px) Image search: [Google]
lheor_artwork.jpg
288KB, 459x709px
>>55176869
Lheor is the comic relief of the whole series. If (or when) he dies, its gonna be such a bummer;

(Also, wasnt he described as black? Is this art wrong?)
>>
>>55181960
It says that Khayon broke Magnus and forced him to kneel before Abaddon. He is called the King Breaker.

Khayon's mechanical daemon hand would have runes form on it cursing him for what he did to his father.

>Besides its not like the deal stuck as Magnus refused to see Abaddon before the 13th BC so the BL had to deal with Ahriman. Magnus and the TSons were also the only legion that didnt send troops to attack Cadia.

Then how come AL were given orders by Abaddon to go to Fenris aid in Magnus's plans?
>>
File: At all.jpg (205KB, 610x685px) Image search: [Google]
At all.jpg
205KB, 610x685px
>>55182001
>Khayon is/was Ahriman's rival.
Kek. Pic related.
>>
>>55182036
Khayon tells us where/when he dies.
He dies in the Mackan fighting the Blood Angels.
>>
>>55182059
>+Have you come to try to stop me again, Khayon?+

>Iskandar Khayon, Chosen of the Despoiler, Lord Vigilator of the Black Legion, and once a son of Magnus the Red, turned his gaze on the glowing eyes watching him from across the square and beyond.

>+I like your little warband,+ he sent.

>+You came alone,+ replied Ahriman after a heartbeat’s pause.

>+I am never alone, Ahriman. The smallest claw of the true Legion came with me, but they wait above.+

>Ahriman glanced up, his mind skimming upwards to the orbiting ships, but he could not pick out Khayon’s trace on any of them. When he looked down, Khayon had not moved.

>+You will not stand with me again, though?+

>+The Thousand Sons were no more for me a long time ago, Ahriman.+

>+Yet here you are, without your master…+

>+Abaddon is my brother, not my master, and the Black Legion are my kin now. I am here to honour a debt, not brotherhood.+ A brittle note edged the thought connection.

>Ahriman shook his head.

>+You were never one to be driven by guilt.+

>Khayon laughed once, the sound a sharp crack in the still air.

>+I am not here because I tried to kill you. A lack of perspective was always one of your finer qualities.+ Khayon went still again, and when his thought voice reached Ahriman again it was speaking to him alone. +There are other deeds that can place a burden on a life. And the Legion pays its debts.+

>Cold skittered across Ahriman’s skin. He felt something dark at the edge of his thoughts, like a void opening beneath previously solid ground.

>+You speak of things that I have not lived… yet?+ Ahriman left the thought hanging, but Khayon turned, looking up at the darkening night smeared with aura light and scattered with the fires of warships. Fresh blots of colour bled across the dome. Lightning stabbed at the mountains, and storm clouds were racing across the horizon.

-Ahriman Unchanged

Ahriman is Sasuke. Khayon is Naruto.
>>
>>55175598
This scene had me shaking with some emotion I can't quite place. Terror? Revelation?
>>
>>55182045
>It says that Khayon broke Magnus and forced him to kneel before Abaddon.
No it actually doesnt. And if thats what Khayon claims in BL then its even more hilarious as Magnus was already broken because of Ahirman's rubric.

As far as I'm aware their is no depiction of how Khayon does what he claims. Just vague statements and no evidence.

>cursing him for what he did to his father.
Yeah betraying him accounts for that just fine. Still forcing him to go against his will is enough. Implying he can somehow best Magnus in a duel is laughable.

>Then how come AL were given orders by Abaddon to go to Fenris aid in Magnus's plans?
Ask them. Could have been to serve Ahriman as this was all just a ploy to get him enough good boi points with Magnus.

>>55182089
>Ahriman is Sasuke. Khayon is Naruto.
Holy fucking shit cringe. I was taking you seriously until this point. And yeah I've read that book and all it shows is that later they needed Ahrimans help.
>>
File: IF vs. BL.jpg (200KB, 1200x678px) Image search: [Google]
IF vs. BL.jpg
200KB, 1200x678px
>>55181941
>The Emperor is a corpse
If by that you mean a god that even the ever-rationalistic Guilliman is acknowledging as such, sure. That he's even hurt at all is thanks exclusively to Horus.

>The Emperor ran from Drach'nyen in HH
It's funny because I seem to remember someone carted off from that fight stuck in a sword forever and it wasn't the Emperor.

>So do you think he is lying or not?
He's lying about his prowess and background, and attempting to sow fear amongst his soon to be executioners. He's not a position to do much else, so whether he's lying about his original purpose has yet to be established.

>Them doing their own thing weakens the Imperials ability to reinforce the Cadian sector.

>Implying they need it

Pic related.

>Off the cliff the marinelet goes

>Allies in other legions that would have stabbed him in the back given the chance.
He stabbed the Sons of the Eye commander in the back during their mutual victory speech like a massive coward.

>And Eliphas is not a fellow Black Legionare. He is Abaddon's slave.

>Anyone can join the Black Legion, provided he is willing to paint his armor black and swear allegiance to Abaddon.

Eliphas did that, so by Armless' own rules he's Black Legion now.

Also he has a fellow "brother" who's only failing was being unable to anticipate "suddenly Phalanx" tortured for centuries. Abaddon didn't anticipate it either.
>>
>>55181512
Wait, where is the lore about this fugitive Keeper of Secrets? That sounds really interesting.
>>
>>55182134
"Lucius: The Flawless Blade"
>>
>>55182130
>No it actually doesnt.

Yes, it does.

> hilarious as Magnus was already broken because of Ahirman's rubric.

Except we don't know when it happens. If it happened after the Second Rubric, then Khayon
broke the full Magnus.

>Yeah betraying him accounts for that just fine.

For forcing Magnus on his knees before Abaddon , not betray only.

>Still forcing him to go against his will is enough. Implying he can somehow best Magnus in a duel is laughable.

One and the same. Khayon is a daemon-expert. Banishment, sealing, enslaving, and destroying daemons are his specialty. As we know primarchs have been made bitches by sorcerous warriors before.

>Holy fucking shit cringe.
It was a joke. chill out, senpai.
>>
File: KYS.jpg (32KB, 321x390px) Image search: [Google]
KYS.jpg
32KB, 321x390px
>>55182181
God your a fucking joke. To explain to you how fucking retarded your trains of thoughts are would take all day. Gratz on being wrong and proud of it, Heres your last (you).
>>
>>55182132
>If by that you mean a god that even the ever-rationalistic Guilliman is acknowledging as such,

He didn't acknowledge him as a god. He ended the inner debate with saying he is not a god.

>It's funny because I seem to remember someone carted off from that fight stuck in a sword forever and it wasn't the Emperor.

The daemon is the sword. Drach can shape shift.

I remember the Emperor pulling a desperate move to lock Drach inside a custard body and then telling the Custard to run as far away as he can in the Webway to keep Drach as far as possible from him. Then the Emperor fled the Webway and sealed it up. Dooming humanity in the process.

>He's lying about his prowess and background, and attempting to sow fear amongst his soon to be executioners. He's not a position to do much else, so whether he's lying about his original purpose has yet to be established.

Makes no sense since the Inquisitions have iron clad mental fortitude and will automatically assume he is lying. Lying to them is pointless.

>He stabbed the Sons of the Eye commander in the back during their mutual victory speech like a massive coward.

Because Be'lakor whispered in his ears and turned him against Drecarth the Sightless.

>Eliphas did that, so by Armless' own rules he's Black Legion now.

No, Eliphas was plucked from the Warp and enslaved. Abaddon has no loyalty to the Black Legion and worse of all he betrayed his commander Araghast.

>Also he has a fellow "brother" who's only failing was being unable to anticipate "suddenly Phalanx" tortured for centuries. Abaddon didn't anticipate it either.

See >>55176099
>>
>>55182132
>Pic related
That's a great fucking piece of art right there. Anyone with more shop skills than me, could we get a close up of the chad marine in the center with a smug Pepe face and the bloody chaoscuck at his feet as crying Wojack?
>>
>>55182201
If Draigo can onepunchman Morty, then Khayon can break Magnus' knees.

What does Draigo have that Khayon doesn't?
>>
>>55176605
Fuck Sigismund was a goddamn champ. I wish he would have lived.
>>
>>55181969
>They were bombarding their own goddamn position from orbit and explicitly not giving a fuck about trying to avoid being annihilated by their own guns out of sheer bloodlust.

But they were doing an objective. Collateral damage and that's it.

>It's funny because that picture explicitly says they charge into fray with nothing but their own teeth and says nothing about any tactic prowess or restraint.

"Lukosz could see that Khârn was trying to carve his way towards the Black Legion leader, but his remaining forces had reformed and were providing an excellent defence for their captain. They had given him enough time to retrieve his helmet, which, given the ferocity of the fighting on the ground and in the air, again reminded Lukosz of what his warband lacked. The ferocity, however, with which his berzerkers were attacking the Hounds was unparalleled"

Hounds of Abaddon vs Word Eater warband of Kharn.

The Hounds were disciplined and attempted to protect their leader. The World Eaters were feral animals.
>>
File: Sigismund with Hair.jpg (212KB, 900x1554px) Image search: [Google]
Sigismund with Hair.jpg
212KB, 900x1554px
>>55182305
Lived like a Champ.
Died Like a Champ.

Of all the ways to go down, he had a pretty good end to him.
>>
>>55182305
>>55182326
But he didn't have to die. Abaddon just wanted him to listen and understand why they are doing this, How the Emperor wounded and betrayed them.
>>
>>55182322
And some more.

>Locq had not even got his chainsword raised halfway before Khârn’s boot landed squarely in his chest. Caught completely by surprise and off balance, the force of the kick hurled the Hound backwards, and Lukosz saw him smash into the armoured bodies of his own warriors before dropping to the hard ground. Right in front of him, Khârn was charging forwards to claim his skull, but Locq’s seconds were up on their feet and meeting Khârn from both sides. The first raised a brace of bolt pistols and started firing, but Khârn turned and ducked, bringing Gorechild down in a blur and carving through the gauntlets of the Hound. The pistols fell to the floor, still clutched by their dismembered hands.

Tell me. What kind of a berserker dual wields bolter pistols?

>Khârn was making a direct path for Locq, swinging his chainaxe above his head in fury. Lukosz’s fellow berzerkers stormed past on the left and right, firing bolt pistols and brandishing their close-quarter weapons towards the line of Hounds only metres away. In seconds the centre of the clearing was a furious battle zone, and as Lukosz readied his gore-splattered chainsword once more, he spotted two Hounds running to support Locq, who had managed to scramble to his feet and activate his own chainsword. One of them blocked Khârn’s approach and took the blow intended for the captain. Gorechild cleaved the Hound’s helmet in half,

...or give his life to save his commander?
>>
>>55182326
Yeah I guess getting cut in half by the Weapon that incapacitated the Emperor is a better way to go than slowly being tortured for eternity.

>>55182356
Sigismund wasn't ever much for sitting around and listening to his enemies talk at him.
>>
>>55182265
>He didn't acknowledge him as a god. He ended the inner debate with saying he is not a god.

Lying again, are we?

>If a man has all the powers of a god, is he nota god? Guilliman asked himself. That is what Mathieu believes. Theoretical, there is the possibility he is correct. I am not immune to mistake.

>Guilliman put up and sheathed the sword. The fires went out, plunging the cathedral back into darkness, but a certain sanctity remained. By the Emperor’s own blade, Guilliman had driven back the baleful influence of Chaos. He could not deny the effect. He could not have defeated an enemy like that without the weapon.
>Godlike, he thought.

>The daemon is the sword. Drach can shape shift.
Funny how Abaddon couldn't use it's super-awesome shapeshifting power to turn into a weapon that would let him not run away screaming from ordinary humans and later space elves twice in the same book. Or maybe actually get out of the exact system he's been stuck in for a hundred years.

Daily reminder Horus broke through to Terra in seven against much stronger opposition.

>Makes no sense since the Inquisitions have iron clad mental fortitude and will automatically assume he is lying. Lying to them is pointless.
You know what makes no sense? Some random melodramatic bitch holding a candle to the greatest psyker amongst the Emperor's demigod sons and then going to an utterly pointless death when he was needed the most.

>Because Be'lakor whispered in his ears and turned him against Drecarth the Sightless.
So he's literally so weak-willed the biggest loser in the universe can manipulate him? Lol.

>No, Eliphas was plucked from the Warp and enslaved.
He made a deal with Ulkair to return the first time and joined the Black Legion under Araghast after that.

>Abaddon has no loyalty to the Black Legion
That's true, although I doubt you meant to say that

>worse of all he betrayed his commander Araghast.
That's basically a bylaw of the Black Legion. Kill your boss.
>>
>>55182356
>listening to traitor scum

No true Templar would listen and Sigismund was the truest of them all.
>>
Side note, is Dark Imperium worth reading through? I have the PDF for it but haven't started it.
>>
>>55182265
>See >>55176099

See this:

>Prozus Ghael, the Will of Eternity’s captain, had survived that disaster where thousands had not. He would yet live for centuries more before death was allowed to claim him, each moment of agony in the Vengeful Spirit’s dungeons amplified a thousandfold by technicians of the most exquisite pain.

Abaddon is such brotherly guy he needs to broadcast the screams of a pointlessly tortured scapegoat to his oh-so-loyal lieutenants. And this is the guy who seriously thinks he has some sort of moral high ground on the Emperor?
>>
File: 1st Emperors Champion.jpg (482KB, 800x789px) Image search: [Google]
1st Emperors Champion.jpg
482KB, 800x789px
>>55182432
Imperator Vult, my Brother.
>>
>>55182356
>But he didn't have to die. Abaddon just wanted him to listen and understand why they are doing this, How the Emperor wounded and betrayed them.

>"Daddy went home for the weekend, and that's why I had to sell my soul to daemons."

Traitor logic, everyone. Don't do Chaos.
>>
>>55182450
So wait if Sigismund died with The Black Sword did Abbadon keep it or did the Templars get it back?
>>
>>55182402
>Lying again, are we?

Are you being a cunt? Scroll to the practical which is where he ended the inner debate. Not lied once and each time I backed up what I said you did not apologized for you accusations.

>Funny how Abaddon couldn't use it's super-awesome shapeshifting power to turn into a weapon that would let him not run away screaming from ordinary humans and later space elves twice in the same book

The Pylons were active though.

>Or maybe actually get out of the exact system he's been stuck in for a hundred years.

Horus and Morty were nearly taken out by three gunships.

>ome random melodramatic bitch holding a candle to the greatest psyker amongst the Emperor's demigod sons and then going to an utterly pointless death when he was needed the most.

Morty is a powerful sorcerer. He got one punched.

>So he's literally so weak-willed the biggest loser in the universe can manipulate him? Lol.

Actually, Be'lakor is a grade A manipulator.

>He made a deal with Ulkair to return the first time and joined the Black Legion under Araghast after that.

And then he betrayed the Black Legion and sided with the daemon.

>That's true, although I doubt you meant to say that

Yeah, meant Eliphas.

>That's basically a bylaw of the Black Legion. Kill your boss.

With the permission of Abaddon.
>>
File: Emperor's Champion Banner.jpg (24KB, 300x150px) Image search: [Google]
Emperor's Champion Banner.jpg
24KB, 300x150px
>>55182470
If I recall, my buddy told me, Siggy and his Sword were sent back to The Imperium as a message from Abby.
>>
>>55182494
I wonder if he was nice enough to at least clean off his own blood from the sword.
>>
>>55182470
Abaddon had Khayon write "WE HAVE RETURNED" on the Black Sword and laid it on Sigismund before sending the Templar ship towards Terra.

>>55182438
Dude, why won;t you read?

">There had been times before this– and there would be more to come– when Abaddon punished failure by execution. Sometimes, I must admit, these acts were delivered out of unrestrained anger, but more often as acts of calculated and precise mercilessness. To set examples. To establish boundaries. To spread fear, as all tyrants and warlords and kings have done, since time began and the first men and women ruled their brothers and sisters"
>>
File: Black Templar Emperor's Champion.jpg (109KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Black Templar Emperor's Champion.jpg
109KB, 768x1024px
>>55182508
Atleast he didn't keep it and gift it to some champions.

Yeah I'm still annoyed about Sang's Sword.
>>
>>55182487
>Are you being a cunt? Scroll to the practical which is where he ended the inner debate. Not lied once and each time I backed up what I said you did not apologized for you accusations.
The end of the debate is when Guilliman puts away daddy's sword after killing the daemon with it and concludes that it was undeniably divine. Incidentally, the daemon claimed that was impossible, another Chaos lie.

>The Pylons were active though.
Not when he ran away from the Eldar after chimping out and chasing Celestine n' pals.

>Horus and Morty were nearly taken out by three gunships.
Abaddon ran away from ordinary human infantry while backed by his entire Terminator guard.

>Morty is a powerful sorcerer. He got one punched.
By a competent opponent in a prepared trap with a secret weapon Khayon would have no access to (Mortarion's original, Emperor-bestowed name).

>Actually, Be'lakor is a grade A manipulator. That's every single one of his plans inevitably end with everything going down in flames as he gets pounded into a paste yet again, right?

>And then he betrayed the Black Legion and sided with the daemon.
Siding with daemons is standard practice for BL chaoscucks. There's the Possesed, the godsworn, and of course many of Abaddon's henchmen are themselves daemon like the commander of his fleet.

>With the permission of Abaddon.
Literally nothing ever said about that.
>>
>>55182536
Seriously. I know that getting the sword was priority number one, but c'mon, Dorn and the custodes would probably pick up more than just the bodies.
>>
>>55182531
>"I'm brotherly except for all those times I randomly chimp out and murder/torture my own henchmen for ridiculously flimsy reasons."

You don't know much about what brotherly means, do you?

>Even so, there is no denying that the Black Legion remains an alliance of traitors; the warlords therein are constantly scheming against their rivals, vying for prominence and glory, and undermining their contenders’ achievements, even when they are not openly battling amongst themselves. Only their collective fear of the Despoiler forces them to suffer cooperation – fear and the chilling memory of the fates of those who have crossed him.

There it is in black and white, in the CSM codex no less. There is no brotherhood in the Black Legion, and no loyalty. They fight for greed and fear, as all treacherous scum do.
>>
>>55182585
>The end of the debate is when Guilliman puts away daddy's sword after killing the daemon with it and concludes that it was undeniably divine. Incidentally, the daemon claimed that was impossible, another Chaos lie.

No, the debate ended with him saying the Emperor is not a god and that no such being like him is worthy of worship.

>Not when he ran away from the Eldar after chimping out and chasing Celestine n' pals.

Super Eldar led by Eldar heroes.

>Abaddon ran away from ordinary human infantry while backed by his entire Terminator guard.

Depowered Abaddon ran from a whole regiment of IG in order to inact his original plan.

>By a competent opponent in a prepared trap with a secret weapon Khayon would have no access to (Mortarion's original, Emperor-bestowed name).

Not canon. GW discarded that audiobook for the sake of the one punch version.

>That's every single one of his plans inevitably end with everything going down in flames as he gets pounded into a paste yet again, right?

Only at the last step.

>Siding with daemons is standard practice for BL chaoscucks. There's the Possesed, the godsworn, and of course many of Abaddon's henchmen are themselves daemon like the commander of his fleet.

Not against the legion.

>Literally nothing ever said about that.

Check the greentext above >>55175549

This might be my last post for a while. I gotta nap.
>>
>>55182649
>No, the debate ended with him saying the Emperor is not a god and that no such being like him is worthy of worship.
Literally the last thing Guilliman has to say on the matter is that it's divine.

>Super Eldar led by Eldar heroes.
All three beaten up by Ahriman on his lonesome. Lol.

>Depowered Abaddon ran from a whole regiment of IG in order to inact his original plan.
He's literally no match for some regular humans with an entire Terminator guard behind him. Horus would have killed them all by himself, blindfolded.

>Not canon. GW discarded that audiobook for the sake of the one punch version.
And yet you seem to think muh ADB noble warrior super honorabou tragic villain Abaddon is canon when the very codex says otherwise.

>Only at the last step.
Ie. the part where he actually does anything.

>Not against the legion.
There's literally no loyalty in the Black Legion, only fear.

>Check the greentext above >>55175549
Lol, when in any other book has any warlord of the BL asked nicely to backstab his superior.
>>
>>55175814
>literally admitting that the black crusades are just a pointless waste of time they happenstancially lead to pharric success.

How does this desolve the meme?
>>
File: Muh Brotherly Abaddon.jpg (38KB, 274x201px) Image search: [Google]
Muh Brotherly Abaddon.jpg
38KB, 274x201px
>>55182649
>This might be my last post for a while. I gotta nap.
Running away just like your hero, huh Carnac? Well, I'll leave you with this little example of how noble and brotherly Armless is.
>>
>>55175598
>>55175598
>>55175598
Stupid question but i'm a non-tg 40K fag. What's the name of the book/s you're getting these from?
>>
>>55183253
>>55175598
Is this it; all of it?

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Black_Legion_(Novel_Series)
>>
And despite all of this wankery; he is still a pointless failure
>>
>Khayon gets sanguius sword
>Still a literally who

ADB must be passed people don't pay attention to his Mary sue self insert
>>
>>55182646
>You don't know much about what brotherly means, do you?

I do and what you copypasted doesn't disprove what I said.

>>55182749
>Literally the last thing Guilliman has to say on the matter is that it's divine.

The sword is godlike but the Emperor is not divine.

>All three beaten up by Ahriman on his lonesome. Lol.

When he was empowered by the Warp.

>He's literally no match for some regular humans with an entire Terminator guard behind him. Horus would have killed them all by himself, blindfolded.

Terminators would be overrun by a regiment. Horus would be too consider that three gunships were that cloe to killing him.

>Ie. the part where he actually does anything.

Wrong.

>There's literally no loyalty in the Black Legion, only fear.

Wrong again. Check Night Lords series and this novel.

>Lol, when in any other book has any warlord of the BL asked nicely to backstab his superior.

I don't remember but if you backstab your leader and Abaddon finds out about it, you gonna get your ass kicked like what happened to Eliphas.

>>55182778
Screw you. I was tired now I am refreshed.

The text above says that Abaddon punishes sometimes out of blind rage or to make examples. Brotherhood can do so much when Abaddon wants to unite legions of mad men.
>>
>>55183326
Actully, Khayon was mentioned in the new IA, in the Ahriman novels, and also is getting really popular in the fandom. If he is a literal who to you, then it's your fault.

>>55183304
Except that he didn't fail and he cleaved the galaxy in half.
>>
>>55184800
The galaxy is where it is because of Horus, not Abaddon.
>>
>>55174857
Wait, is there a sequel to Talon Of Horus out?
>>
>>55184822
Wrong again. Horus didn't conduct a campaign to hunt down the Necron Pylons and destroy the Cadian pylons which resulted in the empowerment of Chaos and the cleaving of the galaxy.

>>55184833
It has been out for a month.
>>
>>55174857
>This is a safe place, if you have irrational hatred for ADB or Chaos
>Irrational
But that doesn't keep anyone out of your safe space Carnac.
>>
File: 1503794137887.jpg (89KB, 1252x746px) Image search: [Google]
1503794137887.jpg
89KB, 1252x746px
Are all the Legions oblivious to the Word Bearers causing the heresy by faking visions / showing them what WOULD happen to the Imperium if they rebelled to Horus? Because they're still in the delusion that it's the Emperor's fault still.
>>
>>55181108
No need to use the word "literally" so much
"Own" is already a absolute for example.
>>
>>55186377
I've been wondering it for ages. The thousands sons probably know the truth, as their primarch tried to save Horus from chaos, but the other legions seems to believe in the "Emperor wants to become a god" meme
>>
>>55187029
If the Emperor didn't want to be a god then explain this >>55175598

>>55182116
Arousal.
>>
>>55187085

>If the Emperor didn't want to be a god then explain

He didn't want to be a God. He wanted to cheat the Ruinous Powers and ferry mankind into a new Webway-based realm of humanity, and then train humanity to think for itself. That plan got fubared cuz Magnus, Horus Heresy happened, and now mankind is so desperate to survive that they are force-feeding souls to the God Emperor just to keep the lighthouse running.

The Word Bearers go apeshit when they find out because thats what they wanted in the first place. Curiously, if the God Emperor ever transcended, then the Word Bearers would be one of the first traitors to jump back on the loyalist bandwagon because Final Form God Emperor > *. It would also make sense in the contexts of GW heavily alluding that Drachnyn will slay the God Emperor at some point and that a traitor legion will eventually turn loyalist.
>>
>>55184790
>I do and what you copypasted doesn't disprove what I said.
Literally says that the *only* reason they work together at all is fear. Not brotherhood, not loyalty, not honor, not even mutual hatred. Black and white, in the codex itself. They cooperate solely due to fear. Now you must prove that they don't.

>When he was empowered by the Warp.
As was Abaddon when faced them. The pylons were gone.

>Terminators would be overrun by a regiment. Horus would be too consider that three gunships were that cloe to killing
Lmao Morty tanked a direct hit from a Shadowsword Titan-killer then destroyed it himself.

>Wrong again. Check Night Lords series and this novel.
Muh ADB is wrong if the codex says otherwise.

>The sword is godlike but the Emperor is not divine.
The sword is godlike because the Emperor is divine, you cretin. It's his sword.

>The text above says that Abaddon punishes sometimes out of blind rage or to make examples. Brotherhood can do so much when Abaddon wants to unite legions of mad men.

>Slaughters and backstabs his brothers so he can sacrifice their souls to daemons
>"But I'm real brotherly, honest. Also the Emperor is the real traitor here!"
LMAO
M
A
O
>>
>>55184854
Abaddon would be literally nothing if Horus hadn't brought the nine Legions to the table and wounded the Emperor. He's nothing more than the second-rate leftover flunky.

Also, when your big plan is to double cross the gods and claim rule of the mortal realm yourself destroying reality on their behalf is literally the opposite of success.
>>
>>55180957
>> nemesis, the book the first event talks about the assassinorum team don't ever even see horus, and the "failed attempt" is them succesfully killing one of the sons of horus captains who looks just like horus.
>>
Khayon's pretty close to Abby, could always be his bias talking when he speaks of brotherhood. He certainly gets afforded more leeway than most of the legion seems to.

Moreso, Abbadon could have been plenty brotherly before Chaos turned him into hate-man. M31 =/ M40
>>
>>55189231
>Literally says that the *only* reason they work together at all is fear. Not brotherhood, not loyalty, not honor, not even mutual hatred. Black and white, in the codex itself. They cooperate solely due to fear. Now you must prove that they don't.

Talon of Horus and Night lord series. There done.

Fear is one of the methods but even fear doesn't disprove the existence of brotherhood.

>As was Abaddon when faced them. The pylons were gone.

You fuck, the pylons were only shutdown when Abaddon left the planet and smashed it with the BSF remnants.

>Lmao Morty tanked a direct hit from a Shadowsword Titan-killer then destroyed it himself.

And lost his arm and fainted.

>Muh ADB is wrong if the codex says otherwise.

Nope, faggot. The Codexes don't tell the whole story. For example, the AL section

>The sword is godlike because the Emperor is divine, you cretin. It's his sword.

Godlike but not divine. Girlyman "practical" says the Emperor is not a god.

>>Slaughters and backstabs his brothers so he can sacrifice their souls to daemons

The fucking novel has bits about Abaddon ruthlessly sacrificing his men for the greater good. Loyalist do that too.
>>
File: image.jpg (658KB, 1124x1874px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
658KB, 1124x1874px
>>55187150
What stories specifically detail the Word Bearers learning about the Emperor worship post-Heresy? Would love to read about it.

I particularly enjoyed one of the lines by Telemachon Lyras in 'Black Legion' whenever Morianna tells them about the current state of the Imperium(as of the ~32nd millennia).
See pic related.

Additionally, does anyone know of short stories about Lorgar on Sicarus?
>>
>>55189286
>Abaddon would be literally nothing if Horus hadn't brought the nine Legions to the table and wounded the Emperor. He's nothing more than the second-rate leftover flunky.

Wrong. Abaddon is greater than Horus. Horus left nothing behind but scattered remnants and shame that Abaddon turned into the greatest threat to the Imperium and restored them to glory.

And Horus was nothing but a foolish pawn. The Word Bearers are what caused the HH.
>>
>>55192234
Drach'nyen and Chaos Gods eroded the nobility that Abaddon had but it still shines through from time to time. Abaddon honours the worthy fallen.

>c.811.M37 - The Ghost War

>During the long years of the Seventh Black Crusade, the full might of the Blood Angels Chapter falls upon a vast Black Legion warband on the world of Mackan. Although the conflict ultimately ends in the near-extinction of the Blood Angels at the hands of Abaddon the Despoiler and his primary lieutenants – the sorcerer-lord Iskandar Khayon and the swordmaster Telemachon Lyras – the Blood Angels Reclusiarch Thalastian Jorus becomes one of the few Imperial heroes to ever land a blow against the Warmaster of Chaos.

>With his Chapter devastated, the Chaplain endures weeks of hardship in the wilderness and the constant trials of keeping his crazed warriors undetected on Mackan. When the time is right, Jorus leads his Death Company in a lightning raid behind enemy lines, butchering the unprepared sworn warriors of the Despoiler’s honour guard, and allowing the Reclusiarch to lock blades with Abaddon himself. It is said the Warmaster still bears the scars of that battle, even three millennia later.

>Whatever the truth of the matter, it is known that the Despoiler honoured Jorus once the war was over – perhaps in mockery, or perhaps with nothing but sincerity. After Mackan, hundreds of Blood Angels corpses were desecrated, their gene-seed ruined beyond recovery. Of all the Chapter, only a handful of bodies were left undefiled: Reclusiarch Jorus and his Death Company, clad in their battered and broken black ceramite, seated in makeshift thrones made from the armour of those Black Legion warriors they had killed on that fateful night.
>>
>>55192473
>Kranon had served as a Chapter Master of the Space Marines, had been in the presence of such luminaries as Chapter Master Marneus Calgar, Lord Commander Dante and Supreme Grand Master Azrael. Yet none had the domineering presence that he saw and felt when he stood aboard the Planet Killer, the Warmaster’s massive starship, staring up at the hulking figure of Abaddon the Despoiler. With the voices in his head spewing advice, it was difficult to concentrate. When, at last, it was his turn to declare fealty, Kranon vowed to join the Black Crusade, but he would do so only on the condition that the Daemon Tzax’lan-tar was his to kill, whether they be on the same side or not. At Kranon’s proud words, the assembled Chaos Lords and Daemon Princes, Champions and Sorcerers froze. There were no conditions with the Warmaster. He had slain for less.

>Abaddon had many fractionalised forces to command, from rival Legions to the Daemon Primarchs that awaited in the Warp. He had little patience for the foolish egos of lesser commanders. They would bow or they would die. Yet there was something about Kranon’s proud bearing that Abaddon admired. Despite the rampages of the Crimson Slaughter, they were efficient – something that still pulled to that part of him that was always an old Legionnaire. Besides, none knew better than he the fickleness of Daemons. He laughed and welcomed the Crimson Slaughter to the Black Crusade, assigning them a place of honour amongst the attackers.

-Crimsin Slaughter

See? Abaddon is not a dick when he doesn't have to be.
>>
>>55192452
Horus: Fights his way to Terra in 100 after single-handedly masterminding the greatest rebellion there ever was.

Abaddon:Can't fight his way *out* of the exact same system he started in after a hundred years. No one respects or listens to him.

Horus: Fearlessly faced down Sanguinius and the Emperor and quick succession, lost only because he couldn't totally kill the most powerful being in the whole dimension without help.

Abaddon: Runs screaming from ordinary humans with a bodyguard of Terminators to back him up.

Horus: Military genius and efficient strategist commanding the unquestioned loyalty and respect of his troops

Abaddon: His greatest "victory" consists of throwing the shattered remnants of his irreplaceable superweapon at a planet after losing the ground battle. Still stuck there to this day. His biggest contribution to the war effort works directly against his own end game.

That's just sad that is. Sadder is the fact that someone is genuinely retarded enough to believe what Carnac said.
>>
>>55192401
>Talon of Horus and Night lord series. There done.
Not canon if the codex says otherwise. As with Draigo/Mortarion.

>You fuck, the pylons were only shutdown when Abaddon left the planet and smashed it with the BSF remnants.
Battle with the Ynnari took place on a different planet after Armless had already thrown his rocks at Cadia you retard.

>And lost his arm and fainted.
And still did it, without a Terminator force backing him up. Meanwhile the Cadians had lasguns and Leman Russ.

>Nope, faggot. The Codexes don't tell the whole story. For example, the AL section
If BL says one thing and the codex another, codex is canon retard.

>Godlike but not divine. Girlyman "practical" says the Emperor is not a god.
He says that much earlier you cretin.

>The fucking novel has bits about Abaddon ruthlessly sacrificing his men for the greater good. Loyalist do that too.

>Loyalists: Send men to a valiant death against enemies to protect humanity.
>Abaddon:Willfully and unnecessarily forces his "brothers" to fight to the death then sacrifices their souls to the daemons he allegedly doesn't work for all to advance his own personal power.
Obviously the same thing.
>>
>>55192794
>Horus: Fights his way to Terra in 100 after single-handedly masterminding the greatest rebellion there ever was.

Started with half the Imperium. Abaddon started out nothing and was never able to piece armies as large as half the Imperium that Horus started with with no effort or achievement.

>Abaddon:Can't fight his way *out* of the exact same system he started in after a hundred years.

Which is the most defended area in the Imperium second only to Terra. The Imperium was prepared to him.

>No one respects or listens to him.

Quit lying. Some don't listen but most do.

Horus was disobeyed and betrayed by traitor marines and Primarchs too.

>Abaddon: Runs screaming from ordinary humans with a bodyguard of Terminators to back him up.

Retreated because the activated to avoid being stranded on Cadia.

>Horus: Military genius and efficient strategist commanding the unquestioned loyalty and respect of his troops

Who lost shamefully after having every single advantage.

>Abaddon: His greatest "victory" consists of throwing the shattered remnants of his irreplaceable superweapon at a planet after losing the

The Blackstone Fortress was already destroyed by the asspull arrival pf the Phalanx. It's an act of genius that he improvised a second plan

>at a planet after losing the ground battle.

An optional ground battle. He didn't need to land at all but did it out of pride to have one final battle before he crashed the BSE remnants on Cadia. Win or lose the ground battle, Cadia was gonna get destroyed anyways.

Losing the BSE was offset by the arrival of the Great Rift and the flood of daemonic reinforcements that even now are ravaging the galaxy. Now the daemon prinarchs are set loose from the Eye because of it and are free to ravage the Imperium to will.

>That's just sad that is....

That you're piece of shit that lies and exaggerates stuff.
>>
>>55192521
>There were no conditions for the Warmaster. He had slain for less.
I don't think you read your own text.

"The Emperor betrayed us by not letting Space Marines rule everything forever and also going home for a while." says Abaddon as murders his brethren for asking for things in return.
>>
>>55192935
>Still stuck there to this day.

The forces of Chaos are besieging every single planet in the Imperium. Abaddon is at Cadia to direct the Crimson Path towards Terra.

>>55192924
>Not canon if the codex says otherwise. As with Draigo/Mortarion.

Nope, there is no contradiction. Both novels show that Abaddon is ruling through fear AND brotherhood.

>Battle with the Ynnari took place on a different planet after Armless had already thrown his rocks at Cadia you retard.

You keep cycling between that battle and Cadia. It's getting tiresome.

And i already told you that he was ambushed by the Ynnaro which are super Eldar powered by hundreds of Eldar souls.

>And still did it, without a Terminator force backing him up. Meanwhile the Cadians had lasguns and Leman Russ.

He did nothing with Fulgrim shielding him and Horus at the last second. If Fulgrim didn't put up a shield and buy them time, all three would have been dead.

And you seriously think that a handful of terminators will stand up to a whole regiments with their tanks and whatever else they have? You are a moron.

>If BL says one thing and the codex another, codex is canon retard.

Provide official source for that. I dare you.

>He says that much earlier you cretin.

Him admiring the Emperor's sword doesn't change the fact that he adamantly believes that Emperor is not a god. He saw the power of the Emperor himself, not just the spark that's his sword.

>>Loyalists: Send men to a valiant death against enemies to protect humanity.

Actually, Raven Guard used other marines as bait, and Iron Hands let Raven Guards strike force be surrounded by Orks and die so that they can complete their mission.

Same thing. For the greater good of the cause.
>>
>>55192978
>I don't think you read your own text.

I don't think you read Black Legion. It's Abaddon's policy even back then. You don't get to ask things if you don't have anything to bargain with or in a position of power. If Abaddon is not stern with the traitors then they will eat him alive literally.
>>
>>55192935
>Started with half the Imperium. Abaddon started out nothing and was never able to piece armies as large as half the Imperium that Horus started with with no effort or achievement.
Started with himself and the slimy worm Lorgar. Won seven Legions and half the Imperium to his side through cunning and diplomacy after earning position of Warmaster through his unrivaled skill and intelligence.

>Which is the most defended area in the Imperium second only to Terra. The Imperium was prepared to him.
Why doesn't he try throwing more rocks since that's the only success he's ever had?

>Quit lying. Some don't listen but most d
So many deserted the moment they had the chance his coordinated second wave has yet to even show up.

>Horus was disobeyed and betrayed by traitor marines and Primarchs too
Literally only Fulgrim. The rest were just hopelessly retarded which only makes his feat more impressive.

>Who lost shamefully after having every single advantage.
He literally only lost because he failed in single combat against an enemy Primarch and the full-powered Emperor back to back. Armless can't even handle one Primarch, much less a Big E at full strength.

>Retreated because the activated to avoid being stranded on Cadia.
Teleported into a situation without adequate support.

>Losing the BSE was offset by the arrival of the Great Rift and the flood of daemonic reinforcements that even now are ravaging the galaxy
Abaddon wants to double cross the dark gods and rule reality. So logically letting daemon armies lose to destroy reality will advance his grand "plan". Someone wasn't thinking very far ahead here.
>>
>>55193025
>Nope, there is no contradiction. Both novels show that Abaddon is ruling through fear AND brotherhood.
Codex says *only* fear. You are objectively wrong.

>And i already told you that he was ambushed by the Ynnaro which are super Eldar powered by hundreds of Eldar souls.
Armless fled twice, the second time from the exact same force Ahriman had just beaten up by himself. Lol.

>And you seriously think that a handful of terminators will stand up to a whole regiments with their tanks and whatever else they have? You are a moron.
Yes. A handful of Space Marines have single-handedly conquered cities and worlds on many occasions.

>Him admiring the Emperor's sword doesn't change the fact that he adamantly believes that Emperor is not a god. He saw the power of the Emperor himself, not just the spark that's his sword.
The spark alone was godlike and more than enough to BTFO that "unkillable" daemon. The full thing is much greater.

>Actually, Raven Guard used other marines as bait, and Iron Hands let Raven Guards strike force be surrounded by Orks and die so that they can complete their mission.

The "cause" being Abaddon's personal power (actually that of the dark gods plucking his strings, but whatever). Some are selfless heroes protecting humanity, others are insane puppets fighting out of sheer butthurt.
>>
>>55193149
>Started with himself and the slimy worm Lorgar. Won seven Legions and half the Imperium to his side through cunning and diplomacy after earning position of Warmaster through his unrivaled skill and intelligence.

Nope. He was the Warmaster of the Imperium. He had authority over the whole Imperium. It was piss easy to convince half of it to join him. Add that to the fact that the Emperor alienated half of the primarchs and their legions.

>Why doesn't he try throwing more rocks since that's the only success he's ever had?

A non-point.

>So many deserted the moment they had the chance his coordinated second wave has yet to even show up.

They fell into infighting and some went to the wider Imperium during the confusion of the Great Rift birth. Some went but the 13th Black Crusade remains.

>Literally only Fulgrim. The rest were just hopelessly retarded which only makes his feat more impressive.

Fuck sake, dude.

Pert betrayed Horus at Tallarn when he tried to use the power similar Gateway as the one in Molech in order to screw both sides of the conflict into a stalemate.

Angron and Curze were wield cards that never saw Horus as their commander. Angron charging in during the massacre despite Horus's orders shows how much control Horus had over him.

Alpha and Omegon were working against him from the inside. Alpha wanted to show Dorn the way to beat Horus but ended up dying for it.

Not a single traitor Primarch was loyal to Horus. Everyone of them backstabbed him including Lorgar who made the wrong decision in Calth.

>He literally only lost because he failed in single combat against an enemy Primarch and the full-powered Emperor back to back.

He lost because he let his pride guide him into a needless battle that caused him to lose.

> Armless can't even handle one Primarch, much less a Big E at full strength.

Yes, he can. He has Drach'nyen. There is no character in the setting that can defeat Abaddon when he wields that sword.
>>
>>55193318
>Teleported into a situation without adequate support.

His support were devastated by the pylon activation.

>Abaddon wants to double cross the dark gods and rule reality. So logically letting daemon armies lose to destroy reality will advance his grand "plan".

As Abaddon pointed out, the Great Rift/Crimson Path will either take him to Terra or destroy the galaxy. Either way it's going end. So it all depends on him reaching Terra and enacting whatever plan he got to screw over the Chaos Gods before the Rift consumes the galaxy.

>>55193282
>Codex says *only* fear. You are objectively wrong.

And its established that Abaddon doesn't simply rule by fear. It wasn't fear that made Kranon join up with Abaddon.

>Armless fled twice, the second time from the exact same force Ahriman had just beaten up by himself. Lol.

Tactical retreats from bad sitautions. Ahriman beat the Ynnari three by being, IIRC, empowered by being that close to the Warp and Tzeentch.

>Yes. A handful of Space Marines have single-handedly conquered cities and worlds on many occasions.

Only in the rarest occasions and usually there is much context in those events.

>The spark alone was godlike and more than enough to BTFO that "unkillable" daemon. The full thing is much greater.

Again. Girlyman saw the Emperor. The Emperor seemed to him like a sun. After the meeting he resolved that the Emperor is not a god and nothing like him deserves worship. When he saw that the sun is not a god, a small spark would not change his mind.

>The "cause" being Abaddon's personal power

The cause is toppling the Emperor and the Imperium. When the power of Chaos drained from the traitors, did they panic and wail? No, they rejoiced in the dying of the light of the Emperor and fought harder.

And you want to talk about selfless. You have the greentext of Hounds of Abaddon throwing themselves at Kharn's axe to protect their leader.
>>
While I don't agree with his "chaos will defs win" viewpoint (which could be chaos bs anyway), ToH and BL both do a good job of making Abby a very real threat. I'm not sure how that's anything but a good thing.
>>
>>55193064
>Complains about being betrayed to Sigsmund
>Nails his own screaming brothers to a banner for not wanting to be his slaves
Chaos logic everyone.
>>
>>55193518
The Sons of Horus guy was a cunt. A dime a dozen.

Sigismund was a unique honourable and noble soul that Abaddon admired greatly. He reached out to Sigismund wanting him to understand that nobility in his cause and justification behind the Long War. It was a one in a lifetime chance.
>>
>>55193450
>And its established that Abaddon doesn't simply rule by fear. It wasn't fear that made Kranon join up with Abaddon.
Yes it was. Abaddon sent henchmen to demand his allegiance, or else. And his reward? To have himself and his men used as cannon fodder by Xorphas.

>"B-But the Emperor is the r-real betrayer guys."
>>
>>55193579
>nobility in his cause and justification behind the Long War

>"Daddy went home for a while and that's why we worship daemons now."
Convincing.
>>
>>55193691
It's more of "We built the Imperium with our blood and sweat, we deserve to rule it. The Emperor will not replace us".

>>55193647
>Yes it was. Abaddon sent henchmen to demand his allegiance, or else.

An offer Abaddon gives to every single upstart warband but with Kranon brotherhood shined because Abaddon forgave the insolence of Kranon. He killed for less of what Kranon did. He could just kill Kranon and take his warband. He has done this many times but he choose not to because he saw Kranon as a stand up guy.

>Xorphas

What Xorphas did reflects on him. The Crimson Slaughter still work for Abaddon as they were part of his forces in Fall of Cadia, and they were IIRC instrumental in the evac off of Cadia.
>>
>>55193756
>It's more of "We built the Imperium with our blood and sweat, we deserve to rule it. The Emperor will not replace us".
"Turm over your empire to a pack of brainwashed children with the demonstrated emotional stability of three year olds because muh feefees or I'll have a 10,100 year tantrum."
Why ever didn't Emperor want these chucklefucks in charge of everything forever?

>An offer Abaddon gives to every single upstart warband
He tries, gods bless him:

A Clear Message (983.M41) - Warmaster Abaddon sends envoys to demand the Skullsworn swear allegiance to his cause. Some months later, the envoys' corpses are returned to Abaddon by leering Daemons, their heads missing and the rune of Khorne carved into their chests.

>He killed for less of what Kranon did
Kills brethren for not wanting to be slaves.

>What Xorphas did reflects on him.
Xorphas is Abaddon's assigned commander. His actions were on Abaddon's behalf.

And the Slaughter wasn't even mentioned in FoC.
>>
>>55181257
Khayon is totally telling the truth, he has no reason to lie about that kind of stuff.
>>
>>55193989
You mean besides making his master look better and rationalizing the fact that he's a monstrous pawn who spent his life fighting for evil?
>>
>>55193318
>Nope. He was the Warmaster of the Imperium. He had authority over the whole Imperium. It was piss easy to convince half of it to join him. Add that to the fact that the Emperor alienated half of the primarchs and their legions.
He was Warmaster because he was far and away the all-round best Primarch. He single-handedly brought over the Emperor's Children, Death Guard, Night Lords, Iron Warriors, and Alpha Legion through his diplomacy. He also manipulated the situation to force the Thousand Sons onto his team.

>A non-point.
Says you and only you. It's the only thing that even let him claim some semblance of victory.

>Some went but the 13th Black Crusade remains.
What's left of it is in exactly the same spot it was a hundred years ago. Military genius right there.

>Fuck sake, dude.
Every single one of them showed up for the big battle when it mattered, Fulgrim alone getting out of line. Meanwhile no Daemon Primarchs are making the slightest effort to help Abaddon at Cadia.

>He lost because he let his pride guide him into a needless battle that caused him to lose.
Loyalist reinforcements were on the way. He decided it was better to end the war personally rather than spend the next few decades slugging it out across the galaxy.

>Yes, he can. He has Drach'nyen. There is no character in the setting that can defeat Abaddon when he wields that sword.
Funny how Abaddon doesn't seem to agree judging by how often he scampers away.

>Unease pricked at Abaddon's thoughts. "What have you seen? What have the augeries told you?"
>Zaraphiston spoke a name,
>Lost to sudden rage, the Despoiler brought his fist down on the table, shattering it into two. Zaraphiston stepped back, his smile fading.

Literally chimps out at the mere mention of a Primarch's name. Send a massive force to try and kill him before he can be awakened. Not that it helps, his henchmen are as hapless as he is.
>>
>>55193450
>His support were devastated by the pylon activation.
And the Imperium lost the LotD and Celestine's shinyness. It was an even trade,

>Tactical retreats from bad sitautions. Ahriman beat the Ynnari three by being, IIRC, empowered by being that close to the Warp and Tzeentch.
Orbital superiority. Greater numbers. Daemonic reinforcements. The Imperials and Ynnari just fucking sit around talking for hours.

If that's a bad situation then armless is even more hopelessly inept than I thought.

>The Black Legion fell back before the Eldar onslaught. They had prepared for battle against a fractured and weary foe, half-beaten by cold and despair. Instead, they had been met by an Ulthwé Strike Force and, behind them, Wyches of Commorragh, warriors of Biel-Tan, and Eldar from a number of other craftworlds. Abaddon advanced into the maelstrom, bellowing at his warriors to follow. Those who did so perished, sliced apart by dancing blades or shredded by razor-edged shuriken. Twice the Despoiler led a charge towards the Triaros. Twice the Eldar hurled the Black Legion bloodily from the crest.

Funny how his super speshul awesome daemon sword proved so remarkably ineffective at actually winning anything. Also note his tactic genius here.

>The cause is toppling the Emperor and the Imperium. When the power of Chaos drained from the traitors, did they panic and wail? No, they rejoiced in the dying of the light of the Emperor and fought harder.
And lost, then ran away and threw rocks in a last-ditch gambit to salvage anything from the situation.
>>
>Oh look Carnac twisted a piece of fluff in the most retarded way possible just to clash with the canon
>I better argue with him till bump limit!
Do people still autisticlly argue with Carnac? We know he's trolling and noone take him seriously so why bother?
>>
>>55194925
I'm pretty sure he actually believes it, the sheer of times he goes through the same autistic routine proves that much. But people not sucking Abaddon's dick as furiously as he would obviously like to do activates his almonds, so it can be an amusing diversion.
>>
>>55194716
>He was Warmaster because he was far and away the all-round best Primarch.

It was a position that the Emperor gave him because he wanted to quiet the Primarch and pacify them as he worked on his project. It's unearned and his union of the legions was loose.

>Says you and only you. It's the only thing that even let him claim some semblance of victory.

Says anyone with a brain.

>What's left of it is in exactly the same spot it was a hundred years ago. Military genius right there.

Because the Imperium is throwing nearly all its got to contain him there.

>Every single one of them showed up for the big battle when it mattered, Fulgrim alone getting out of line. Meanwhile no Daemon Primarchs are making the slightest effort to help Abaddon at Cadia.

Irrelevant. They all betrayed him at different intervals of the HH

>Meanwhile no Daemon Primarchs are making the slightest effort to help Abaddon at Cadia.

The Destruction of the Cadian Pylons was what meant to unleash the traitor Primarchs from the Eye.

>Loyalist reinforcements were on the way. He decided it was better to end the war personally rather than spend the next few decades slugging it out across the galaxy.

Could have been done without having a pissing contest with the Emperor. Like Abaddon said, Horus had the entire galaxy in his hand but blew it.

>Funny how Abaddon doesn't seem to agree judging by how often he scampers away.

Against overwhelming odds. In one vs one duels, Abaddon was never beaten.

>Literally chimps out at the mere mention of a Primarch's name. Send a massive force to try and kill him before he can be awakened. Not that it helps, his henchmen are as hapless as he is.

Because the prospect of Girlyman returning was unforeseen by any seer in the Warp and would threaten to unravel everything.
>>
>>55194925
>And the Imperium lost the LotD and Celestine's shinyness. It was an even trade,

No, it wasn't. The traitors suffered the greatest. The guard and L-marines equipment and tanks still worked.

>Orbital superiority. Greater numbers. Daemonic reinforcements. The Imperials and Ynnari just fucking sit around talking for hours.

You mean fighting off the Black Legion as they planned an escape. Like i said, they are super Eldar. Each one is a legion b himself. Plus from the text it seemed to be a huge multi-craftworld host

>Funny how his super speshul awesome daemon sword proved so remarkably ineffective at actually winning anything. Also note his tactic genius here.

At duel, not against arnmies that can shoot him down before he can come close.

>And lost, then ran away and threw rocks in a last-ditch gambit to salvage anything from the situation.

Wrong. The fight was optional and would have thrown the rocks regardless of the outcome.

>>55194925
Ad hom. Doesn't even point at what he talking about while I can point at a many cases of straight up lying and outright ignorance from your post.

If you want to be a cunt, so can I. Now where is your proof that that Codexes > BL material in canonical value. I notived that you dropped it and I allowed you that but no more.

I am gonna grill you. on Every single misstep you do. Lets go by them. You trying to handwave that every single of Primarchs betrayed Horus was PISS WEAK. No admission you are wrong or anything. Just went by. Lets see If I can find more.
>>
>>55194961
>I'm pretty sure he actually believes it
Thats because you're a newfag who wasnt here for his TIDF days or his Carnac shitposting that gave him his name.
>>
>>55195062
>calls people newfags
>thinks Carnac and TIDF are the same person

Holy shit.
>>
>>55194988
>It was a position that the Emperor gave him because he wanted to quiet the Primarch and pacify them as he worked on his project.
He wanted to go home and left his best man in charge while he was gone. Duh.

>Because the Imperium is throwing nearly all its got to contain him there.
It's funny because even the devoted daemonhunters are wandering around the galaxy fighting actual threats rather than wasting time on that loser. In the latest Grey Knights codex they're not even bothering to show up near Cadia once.

>The Destruction of the Cadian Pylons was what meant to unleash the traitor Primarchs from the Eye.
Magnus didn't seem to have too much trouble getting out before. And again, not one of them is taking orders from the puny midget not even coming up to their knees.

>Could have been done without having a pissing contest with the Emperor. Like Abaddon said, Horus had the entire galaxy in his hand but blew it.
He'd have to retreat from Terra and spend decades slugging it out across the stars, counterproductive to his actual goals. Unlike armless he recognized that destroying everything was idiotic.

>Against overwhelming odds. In one vs one duels, Abaddon was never beaten
laughingLoken.txt

Funny how his allegedly superpowered couldn't turn into, say, a grenade-spitting autocannon when he could really have use one.

>Because the prospect of Girlyman returning was unforeseen by any seer in the Warp and would threaten to unravel everything.
One Primarch is more than powerful enough to derail his pitiful plans. Horus had to deal with nine while commanding exclusively the idiotic and autistic dregs.

>No, it wasn't. The traitors suffered the greatest. The guard and L-marines equipment and tanks still worked.
Terminator armor seemed to be working just fine.
>>
>>55195053

>You mean fighting off the Black Legion as they planned an escape. Like i said, they are super Eldar. Each one is a legion b himself

No I don't you cretin:

>The first hour of the parley slid past, and then the second, and the third, the atmosphere thick with a sense of history in the making. By the time the cold light of Kasr Holn’s sun disappeared behind the curling talons of the Crone’s Claw, the Eldar and the humans had come as close to an understanding as their races had ever attained.

Literally just stood around for hours next to the slowly cooling corpses of Abaddon's men. hile he did nothing. He's THAT unthreatening.

>At duel, not against arnmies that can shoot him down before he can come close.
Then maybe he should request that his sword be something a little more useful like a gun when it's convenient.

> Now where is your proof that that Codexes > BL material in canonical value.
You claimed that the Draigo/Mortarion fight was one punch style because the codex framed it differently than the audiobook. Now you claim that more recent codex doesn't override anything BL because it hurts your feefees, Please do make up your mind.

>You trying to handwave that every single of Primarchs betrayed Horus was PISS WEAK.

Primarchs ultimately obey Horus and come to his aid when he needs them.

Primarchs ignore Abaddon as he pathetically flounders in place.

Sad.
>>
>>55195451
>He wanted to go home and left his best man in charge while he was gone. Duh.

The mediocre one, you mean.

>It's funny because even the devoted daemonhunters are wandering around the galaxy fighting actual threats rather than wasting time on that loser. In the latest Grey Knights codex they're not even bothering to show up near Cadia once.

Where does it say this in the Grey Knight codex? Certainly not on their map.

>Magnus didn't seem to have too much trouble getting out before. And again, not one of them is taking orders from the puny midget not even coming up to their knees.

Except they pledged to support him. Once he reaches Terra, they all will converge.

>He'd have to retreat from Terra and spend decades slugging it out across the stars,

Terra was his, All he had to do was crush the Imperials and save the Emperor for the last.

>laughingLoken.txt

Loken is dead.

>Funny how his allegedly superpowered couldn't turn into, say, a grenade-spitting autocannon when he could really have use one.

It's fine as sword.

>One Primarch is more than powerful enough to derail his pitiful plans. Horus had to deal with nine while commanding exclusively the idiotic and autistic dregs.

Horus had half the Imperium that retained their minds still, Abaddon has to work with fickle gods, madmen, traitors, and the daemons all of which requires careful balancing or everything will fall down.

>Terminator armor seemed to be working just fine.

Won't save anyone from massed fire.
>>
>>55195512
>Literally just stood around for hours next to the slowly cooling corpses of Abaddon's men. hile he did nothing. He's THAT unthreatening.

That's the council between them. It says nothing about what their forces are doing in the meantime.

>Then maybe he should request that his sword be something a little more useful like a gun when it's convenient.

Drach'nyen is not a monkey's paw. Keeping it as a sword is hard as it is.

>You claimed that the Draigo/Mortarion fight was one punch style because the codex framed it differently than the audiobook. Now you claim that more recent codex doesn't override anything BL because it hurts your feefees, Please do make up your mind.

Newer lore supersedes older regardless of source. I said that GW choose to go with one punch version out of the two going forward.

>Primarchs ultimately obey Horus and come to his aid when he needs them.

No, the Primarchs came to Terra for their own reasons. They weren't there to obey Horus. Angron was their to avenge himself. Magnus was there to retrieve the shard of loyalty and nobility hidden there. etc etc.

None of them really cared about Horus's orders except Pert how was practically enslaved to Horus's will after the Tallarn betryal and punishment and Mort who did it out of friendship.

>Primarchs ignore Abaddon as he pathetically flounders in place.

As Horus united them on Terra, so will Abaddon unite there as well.
>>
File: Mortarion vs. Guilliman.jpg (172KB, 960x927px) Image search: [Google]
Mortarion vs. Guilliman.jpg
172KB, 960x927px
>>55195667
>The mediocre one, you mean.
Every Primarch admitted he was a good choice, all but the most egotistical thought he was the best. Good fighter, leader, logistical, only Primarch diplomatic enough to get along with absolutely everyone. Whereas Abaddon was, and remains, a crude thug.

>Where does it say this in the Grey Knight codex? Certainly not on their map.
Their timeline. Not a single mention of them showing up at Caida post Great Rift. Too busy dealing with actual threats like pic related.

>Except they pledged to support him. Once he reaches Terra, they all will converge.
Evidence please. And not out Khayon's mouth, actual evidence. Magnus couldn't even be bothered to see the little twerp when he came knocking.

>It's fine as sword.
Have superpowered singular daemon allegedly strong enough to make even armless defeat a Primarch. Best use of it? Pointy stick.

Genius right here.

>Horus had half the Imperium that retained their minds still, Abaddon has to work with fickle gods, madmen, traitors, and the daemons all of which requires careful balancing or everything will fall down.
Without exception all the Primarchs on Horus' side were lunatics and autists. He even complains about it in "Warmaster" and "Path of Heaven", wishing he had the actual good ones instead.

>Won't save anyone from massed fire.
That's the very thing it excels at.
>>
>>55195739
>That's the council between them. It says nothing about what their forces are doing in the meantime.
Abaddon explicitly ran away after heavy losses. Again.

>Seeing the large force of Eldar suddenly appear to repel his assault was enough to give even Abaddon pause, but he drove forward nonetheless. Twice he assailed the ridge of the Crone’s Claw, and twice he was hurled back, his numbers sorely reduced. After the third time, he angrily ordered a tactical withdrawal.

Then went back to his room and cried. No further assaults took place and their mutual was uncontested.

>Drach'nyen is not a monkey's paw. Keeping it as a sword is hard as it is.
If it doesn't do what you want then you're an idiot to keep it around.

>Newer lore supersedes older regardless of source.
Official source please.

>No, the Primarchs came to Terra for their own reasons. They weren't there to obey Horus.
Funny how they how were obeying his battle plan and it was his will that kept them together and his death that sent them all scurrying like rats.

>As Horus united them on Terra, so will Abaddon unite there as well.

>Chad Primarchs listening to a pitiful manlet.
LMAO

In any case he's not going anywhere.
>>
>>55195822
>Every Primarch admitted he was a good choice, all but the most egotistical thought he was the best. Good fighter, leader, logistical, only Primarch diplomatic enough to get along with absolutely everyone. Whereas Abaddon was, and remains, a crude thug.

The Emperor in MoM just said that it was all a farce to keep them happy. He could have picked anyone.

>Whereas Abaddon was, and remains, a crude thug.

Nope, he grew up and became greater than even Horus.

>Their timeline.

How about their lore? It says they are stretched across the galaxy combating the daemons emerging from the Great Rift that Abaddon caused. Their operation will gave to cover the Eye of Terror going by their map.

>Evidence please.

The Black Legion supp. The Crimson Slaughter codex in which it's stated that the daemon princes are waiting for Abaddon's word.

>Have superpowered singular daemon allegedly strong enough to make even armless defeat a Primarch. Best use of it? Pointy stick.

Better than letting do as it pleases and run off to kill off the Emperor.

>Without exception all the Primarchs on Horus' side were lunatics and autists. He even complains about it in "Warmaster" and "Path of Heaven", wishing he had the actual good ones instead.

But they didn't go totally bonkers as they are now.

>That's the very thing it excels at.

Up to a point and we have examples of single plasma shots insta killing terminators.
>>
>>55195925
>Abaddon explicitly ran away after heavy losses. Again.

Yeah, and?

>If it doesn't do what you want then you're an idiot to keep it around.

It works as weapon that can instakill anything it touches. Having the power to kill anything is a boon.

>Official source please.

Basic logic. Oldcron fluff was superseded Newcron fluff. ADB's Abaddon fluff is supersedes the old Abaddon fluff as it is now in the codexes as well.

>Funny how they how were obeying his battle plan and it was his will that kept them together and his death that sent them all scurrying like rats.

Nope, we haven't reached the Siege yet but we know that Magnus will hunt for his shard. Fulgrim will do random stuff. The others contributions are unknown.

>>Chad Primarchs listening to a pitiful manlet.

They will because he is the Chaos Ascendant.

>In any case he's not going anywhere.

Actually, the Great Rift is expanding and so is the Crimson Path. The blood being shed in Cadia is fuelling the expansion of the Eye towards Terra. It will get there.
>>
A bit tired and bored. See ya all in a few hours.
>>
>>55195985
>The Emperor in MoM just said that it was all a farce to keep them happy. He could have picked anyone.
Newer sources replace older one, remember?

>When the rebellion against the Emperor came, its leader was to be the Primarch least suspected of any treachery; the great and noble Warmaster, Horus.
>Displaying the tactical brilliance that had once dazzled the enemies of the Imperium, Horus outwitted the Emperor’s forces again and again, finally launching a well-orchestrated and audacious attack on Terra and assaulting the Emperor’s Palace itself.
-Codex CSM

>Nope, he grew up and became greater than even Horus.
So great he's freaked out by the prospect of facing even one Primarch and can't break out of a single system.

>How about their lore? It says they are stretched across the galaxy combating the daemons emerging from the Great Rift that Abaddon caused. Their operation will gave to cover the Eye of Terror going by their map.
Literally not one example of them trying to fight Abaddon, Cadia is just marked as "Planet" on their map as are many other places including Terra and Catchan. They didn't fight when the daemons invaded the former and the latter the Chaos boys were already BTFO before Guilliman even got there.

>The Black Legion supp. The Crimson Slaughter codex in which it's stated that the daemon princes are waiting for Abaddon's word.
Funny how his "kill Guilliman before he kicks my ass" force didn't include any of them and when Magnus did show up he completely ignored armless' wishes.

>Better than letting do as it pleases and run off to kill off the Emperor.
An actual god tried to do that during weakest point and didn't even close. Khorne was so butthurt he killed his Bloodthirsters over it. The little sword that couldn't stands no chance.

>But they didn't go totally bonkers as they are now.
Curze, Angron, Lorgar, fucking Fulgrim. All nutty as fuck.
>>
>>55196062
>Yeah, and?
And he's both pitiful and stupid. Total orbital superiority and he didn't do shit.

>It works as weapon that can instakill anything it touches. Having the power to kill anything is a boon.
It didn't even kill a single old man with a touch, dumbass.

>Basic logic. Oldcron fluff was superseded Newcron fluff. ADB's Abaddon fluff is supersedes the old Abaddon fluff as it is now in the codexes as well.
Logically as the codex says Abaddon rules exclusively through fear and is newer it supersedes Khayon's ramblings.

>Nope, we haven't reached the Siege yet but we know that Magnus will hunt for his shard. Fulgrim will do random stuff. The others contributions are unknown.
Horus was the fulcrum of the battle and it's absolute leader. It was his death that defeated them all, none of them could hope to prevail without him.

>Factions in the other Traitor Legions later blamed the Sons of Horus for initiating the rout from Terra by retreating into warpspace with the body of the Warmaster, leaving the horde below leaderless. But the battle for Terra was lost the moment Horus fell, and no power in the universe could have brought victory to the forces of Chaos after that.

>They will because he is the Chaos Ascendant.
Abaddon claims he doesn't work for Chaos while literally wearing a slave mark on his head.

>Actually, the Great Rift is expanding and so is the Crimson Path. The blood being shed in Cadia is fuelling the expansion of the Eye towards Terra.
It seems to have missed by a few hundred thousand lightyears, and Abaddon is explicitly trying to break out in the new codex.

>It will get there.
Imperial players outnumber chaoscucks five to one if not more. If there's one thing that is guaranteed it's that the Imperium will endure.
>>
>>55182592
some bodies were left behind too

in the Talon of Horus, the body of an Imperial Fist is embedded in a hallway of the Vengeful Spirit iirc
>>
File: 1485008929132895098.jpg (157KB, 554x807px) Image search: [Google]
1485008929132895098.jpg
157KB, 554x807px
>>55193149
>unrivaled skill and intelligence
>>
>Primarchs are demigods far beyond normal astartes
>Abaddon is stronger than Horus

Pick one.
>>
>>55201073
Option 3
>This is the story of a prisoner who thinks his husbando can do no wrong
>>
>>55176767
>>55176767

Orks reincarnate.
>>
File: Black Library.jpg (253KB, 900x1296px) Image search: [Google]
Black Library.jpg
253KB, 900x1296px
Why BL authors make 40k and HH their personal fanfic
>remember Alpharius, he is now retarded twins who was convinced by some xenos to stay loyal to the Emps by betraying him
>remember Abaddon's sword Dra'hnien, it's now a super daemon who can tear apart and possess titans, also he almost killed Emperor in single combat, and still it's Abaddon's sword
>PERPETUALS
>my special character is so special snowflake that he have sword made from primarch's weapon, or can kill one of best legion's swordsman who we know will live next 10k years
>Grey Knights Grand Master is now possesed by shard of Magnus's soul
>Primarchs=numbered mistakes

The more i read BL fluff the more i hate it.
>>
>>55187150

I think Emps had too much of an ego for that. Make more sense that he *did* want to become a god.
>>
>>55174857
anyone have an epub?
>>
File: IMG_2782.jpg (54KB, 441x388px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2782.jpg
54KB, 441x388px
>>55174857
This thread, summed up in one pic.
>>
>>55179221
same, in the czevak book he is described as having his face as pre-heresy but his head burns with blue flames.
>>
>>55174857
Anything new in this book?
>>
I browsed through the thread and I still can't make sense of what you're arguing about.
>>
>>55208682
Carnac is just being autistic again but decided to do it in his own thread rather than ruin another one.
>>
>>55208933
I'm pretty sure both the imperial and chaos guy are autisitically misinterpreting stuff to suit their argument. Neither side looks good here m8
>>
File: Abbadon's plan.jpg (57KB, 496x374px) Image search: [Google]
Abbadon's plan.jpg
57KB, 496x374px
>I'll save humanity by wiping it out!
ADB's obsession with CSM having a "sympathetic" motivation with makes them seem incredibly stupid
>>
>>55213066
They never talk about saving humanity in Black Legion. Abaddon and Khayon say their motivation is revenge against the Imperium.
>>
>>55213066
ADB gives -understandable- motivation. They don't even have good intentions, they want revenge and power.
>>
>>55182287
>What does Draigo have that Khayon doesn't?
A moron writing him?
Thread posts: 227
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.