[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

House Rules

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: houserules6.png (47KB, 1879x1531px) Image search: [Google]
houserules6.png
47KB, 1879x1531px
Favorite house rules?

Mine: I enjoy hidden perception roles. I try to prep this beforehand so that players don't know exactly if their player correctly percieves the environment.

I also like critical hits to be mad damage+a roll if the damage dice, rather than rolling damage dice twice (5e).

Anyone have experience streamlining initiative by rolling it once at session start *or* using group initiative?
>>
Everytime someone would get up from death saves via healing I give them exaustion, also everytime you shapeshift you get an exaustion. Fifth Edition should use exaustion more, it makes the players more careful and the game more beleivable and enjoyable. I also use the rule where you roll HD on the long rest as well and regain 1 HD per long rest. Also your conditions never wear off on long rest, because fuck man how will you ever get lycantropy.
>>
>>55170403
I like this. Exhaustion is a sonofabitch and I use it frequently. However because it's so impressive, I introduced a level of exhaustion before the first where they have disadvantage on dex and wis related rolls.

Thanks for the post anon!
>>
>>55170532
If you want to be a real son of a bitch make life draining effects give exaustion as well, but make an deacent not too hard DC for them.
>>
>>55170132
There's no good reason not to just total the initiative of both teams (players and enemies), add a bonus for situational shit, then roll off and have each party go in a block according to initiative order other than that it puts a lot more emphasis on planning and with the wrong group will slow things way, way down.
>>
File: 1497661112175.jpg (38KB, 317x360px) Image search: [Google]
1497661112175.jpg
38KB, 317x360px
>> Dice rolls onto the floor?
>> Auto critical failure

MFW I now never have to spend another second of my life bending over at the table
>>
>>55170773
How does this work exactly. Do you add up initiative bonuses and then habe a roll off?

>>55170872
I usually make the critical failure something trite "you stub the shit out of your toe, take 1 damage"

The only exception is it the roll is a nat 20
>>
>>55170132

Not really favorite, but it has lead to humor moments of rage:
>Any rolls of 10 or less are auto-crit. Even if it does no damage.

This lead to a TPK within three rounds and on a separate occasion our guy with SPACE MARINE tier armor being killed by a bunch of guys with pointy sticks
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.