[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Altered art cards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: OIZRFUNVYN.jpg (63KB, 570x343px) Image search: [Google]
OIZRFUNVYN.jpg
63KB, 570x343px
With sleeved cards how would you feel about someone using cards like this. Be it painted cards, printed artwork over the original picture or even full printed cards. In friendly / pick up games.

>im not talking about full-on this card doesn't exist

With sleeves on 'cheating' is brought to a minimal and if they wanted to cheat a false shuffle or deck switch is much easier.
>>
I don't care if they use a piece of paper with the card rules written on it as long as they all feel the same through the sleeve.
>>
As long as I can read the text and there's no way to cheat it I don't really care, alternate art is cool.
>>
>>55169756
>>55169727
would you want to have a link to official card too?
>>
File: photo_2016-06-23_18-50-25.jpg (200KB, 949x1280px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-06-23_18-50-25.jpg
200KB, 949x1280px
i make my own alters for my mtg decks. If well painted they are great. Animu alters, or alters that add some completely unrelated element to a card make me cringe. Specially toon-ish pictures, since the outlines are always terrible, and they look incredibly dirty.

From time to time there are also retards who make up rules about how alters are illegal in tournaments, or how the borders can't be painted, or whatever. And they are 100% sure they are right and I am wrong.
>>
>>55169943
I can see why people don't like alt in tournament. I think it's because you then could just print off a whoke deck and don't have to worry about getting the correct cards. There is also the "is that a real card in the game thing"
>>
>>55169708
>Altered Art/Printed Cards
I only play casual/pickup games, and I have entire decks that are color laser printed cardstock in sleeves.

Nobody has taken issue with it, and they know it up front.

It lets me get a consistent visual style/borders for the deck, and lets me put a larger focus on artwork. Custom graphic design stuff in photoshop and whatnot.

Everything is perfectly legible, all the rules text is still there, and it's not cheat-able. I like it a lot, and since I'm not playing in tournaments anyways, nobody gives a fuck.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.