[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are tabletop games only fun because you're playing with friends?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Are tabletop games only fun because you're playing with friends?
>>
>>55168723

Mostly, for meeting the social aspect of table top play. Have been using Roll20 and other VTT options, and until you have people you click with, and play together a few times, it is fucking awful pick up groups with legions of 'that guy' making you wonder why you'd rather just not go eat a bullet than keep subjecting yourself to this bullshit.
>>
They're fun because:

1. You're playing with friends.
2. A good GM and a good group beat a good script in terms of adaptibility and story progression, by miles.
3. Just because the systems of computer simulations are able to do the shit in the BG doesn't necessarily mean that the system is good. On the contrary they're often terrible and their saving grace is not bothering the player too much with it.
>>
>>55168723
A great many of them, yes. Sometimes though there is a game good enough to be worth it in and of itself.
Maybe one day I'll find one like that again ;_;
>>
>>55168723
I'd say friends isn't the important part, the important part is you're playing with people with similar tastes in stories to you. When narrative expectations clash, that's when people start to annoy each other in a game.
>>
>>55168723
> Starts thread about tabletop games
> Posts vidya picture as thread opener...

0_o
>>
>>55168723
When random people I meet at my LGS are cool, we are instant friends. On the contrary, friends I usually hang up with cannot handle a specific facet of gaming so choosing a game that suites everybody is a chore.
>>
>>55169325
it's a D&D game
>>
>>55169636
looks kinda nice. Whats the name of it?
>>
>>55170092
Sword Coast Legends.
>>
>>55170130
Thanks,will take a look into it
>>
>>55170130
It's shit, though, isn't it?
I heard the game runs an unrecognizable mess that is only loosely based on the tabletop system.
I wish they would just upgrade the first Neverwinter Nights to current generation specs. The game wasn't perfect but the mods were great and kept the game alive for way longer than BioWare was even willing to support it.
It's a shame you can't expect anything but shit from big devs nowadays. It's only endless streams of soulless fisher-price games with shiny graphics.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.