[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 36

File: yu.png (212KB, 261x382px) Image search: [Google]
yu.png
212KB, 261x382px
Previous thread: >>55159813
>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/many-worlds-one-path-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
What's the best way to hunt a mummy?
>5th edition cliffnotes
https://pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>>
File: 1450752525989.png (795KB, 842x473px) Image search: [Google]
1450752525989.png
795KB, 842x473px
First for Mage Supremacy
>>
File: disaster-girl.jpg (32KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
disaster-girl.jpg
32KB, 600x450px
>>55167164
>What's the best way to hunt a mummy?
Burn the museum to the ground.
>>
>>55167173
What if the Pyschopomp accidentally made the Leeches as a side effect of his way of doing business.

I mean, who cares if you come back from the dead as a blood craving corpse, so long as you don't get into the afterlife...because that sort of thing is reserved for those who serve the Exarchs, everyone else can get fucked.
>>
File: Matter 4.gif (590KB, 300x254px) Image search: [Google]
Matter 4.gif
590KB, 300x254px
>>55167173
Magic ain't easy.

Actually, who am I kidding.
It sure as shit is.
>>
File: 4chan.jpg (36KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
4chan.jpg
36KB, 300x100px
Hopes and dreams for Hunter 2e?

Revival of Hunter.net as 4chan for Hunters.

More Hunter-exclusive merits.

Bonuses beyond the norm for high integrity.
>>
>>55167468
And therein lies the trap.
>>
So could a werewolf bodily roam the dreaming whorl? There are paths from the Shadow to the Astral, after all.
>>
>>55167635
>tfw no q3.14 lucifuge girlfriend
>help my mom found my hunting supplies
>hey /k/ommandos, rate my edc and my mummy loadout
>Help /x/ I accidentally summoned a minor demon, do I have to kill myself now

That said, it looks like integrity for hunters is just how much of a 'person' you are, so probably not. Lower integrity means you're extra dedicated to the hunt. Maybe they'll let them develop some sort of HtR style edges at a *really* low integrity - something like low end Waywards/Defense/Martyrs edges. Just subtle enough that they wouldn't really recognise it for anything but the POWER OF MADNESS or incredible dedication.
>>
>>55168094
> Dating a Lucifuge

You're halfway to cancer cell already, might as well start working with "reformed" vampires and oh so innocent prometheans.

I remember the small bit of info released for Hunter 2e is that they were gonna do more with "the code". What I'm wondering is if this just means more changes to the default morality system, or actual mechanical advantages/disadvantages.
>>
>>55168825
I don't have a link, but they did release a little bit on the Integrity system for hunters. Is that what you're talking about?

Also a local cancer cell that used chained, brain warped vampires as hunting dogs would be an amazing end-antagonist for a conspiracy cell.
>>
>>55168874
I vaguely remember reading something about making "The Code" which is part of the optional morality rules in 1e more important, back when Hunter 2e was announced on OPP's website. Unless it's something mechanical though, I doubt it'll matter much. Most people I know that played Hunter did their own house-rules for Integrity (Invariably with the rules of "killing a monster isn't murder unless they were essentially innocent" and "get a bonus to breaking points if what you did was for the right reasons")

And why stop with just vampire attack dogs? Their whole shitck could be using monsters to kill monsters. They could have caged werewolves, pact-bound demons, and all sorts of other shady dealings.
>>
>>55168950
If you discount the alien board of directors, I think that's what happened to the Cheiron Group.

http://theonyxpath.com/revisiting-the-code-hunter-the-vigil/

This was what I was talking about, so I'm guessing it's what you've seen.
>>
>>55168972
Yep, that's what I saw. And I like the Cheiron Group, especially as antagonists (Ashwood Abbey are also great Hunter antagonists), although they're a bit too high brow.

Aside from Hunter.net, anything else from HtR you think could be incorporated into HtV without much issue?
>>
>>55169016
Maybe the Hunter's Code. Again, low integrity, something like 3-4: You find yourself able to understand it, write it. From then on, even if your integrity goes up, you can still comprehend it, but other, saner hunters can't.

Possibly have low integrity hunters again start to manifest hallucinations fitting for the character with a central theme - messengers. No edges, no virtues though. A Cheiron Group hunter's banality worm starts having a literal heart to heart on the idea of why he really should kill more, or Malleus hunters find themselves visited while praying by Michael and Gabriel. Have the character's endowments warp a little towards the distinctly 'angelic', maybe, to suggest that they're becoming something not quite right - glowing eyes on an Ascending One tripping balls, that sort of thing. Gives plenty of room for arrogant behaviour and further descent as well as a warning sign for the clever ones.
>>
>>55167401

"Force other humans to suffer to empower yourself" does feel pretty Exarch-y. I imagine the Seers might strike a lot of profitable bargains with Vamps without losing much sleep. Priests of the Psychopomp probably look on with a mixture of disgust and envy at those who are promised the possibility of eternal mastery of this world without hope of salvation in the next.

More interesting than creating vampires specifically, though, is the built-in tendency of humanity towards vampirism. It's just... A thing that happens. A person dies in the right way and they just tend to end up becoming something like a vampire and, eventually, may even start becoming a vampire properly. THAT feels more like an Exarch-scale curse.
>>
>>55169348
In 1e I considered a rule that Morality 0 turns a human into a draugr, which is more or less where slashers come from (this was before Slasher). The gift of the embrace is not vampirism, anybody can catch that. It's vampirism with a human mind. The Embrace is the gentle, there's-still-hope version of hitting rock bottom.

Never ran the game that way though. Wouldn't have told the players up front if I had, either — let them find out the fun way.
>>
>>55169348
>More interesting than creating vampires specifically, though, is the built-in tendency of humanity towards vampirism. It's just... A thing that happens. A person dies in the right way and they just tend to end up becoming something like a vampire and, eventually, may even start becoming a vampire properly. THAT feels more like an Exarch-scale curse.
I hadn't considered this....its brilliant!

All that's left to figure out would be Nemesis. Her role among the Exarchs is simple, she keeps humanity ignorant of the nature of the Shadow so the masses are comfortable in the depths of the Lie, this done by killing people who can tap into the Shadow and fostering the growth of spirits of Ignorance and Obedience that will better serve the Exarchs goals.

It's unclear what connections Nemesis has to Luna, Helios, the Maejin and the Idigam...but Luna probably isn't a fan of her because the whole "kill people who can tap into the Shadow." thing probably extends to the Woofs and other Shifters(Also Nemesis might have arranged the Apollo Missions through her agents, but that's pure speculation on my part.).
>>
Well I listened to your recommendations and told the player that they can't play as a kitsune. Surprising me not the least she threw a fucking hissy fit and is complaining and crying about it. She is complaining that I am stunting her creativity and being a tyrant. She also complained that if one of the guys wanted to play a kitsune I would of let them. I want to boot her ass but the other guys like her for what ever reason.
>>
>>55170452
This is the part where you boot her anyway. Otherwise prepare to not have any fun at all as she acts all passive-aggressive with you as she basks in the attention of the guys. Seriously, just go mad with power and tell them to find another ST if they wanna cry. It's not like you won't get other players begging to be in your game if you advertise it.
>>
>>55170452
>Surprising me not the least she threw a fucking hissy fit and is complaining and crying about it. She is complaining that I am stunting her creativity and being a tyrant.
As I was not here for any of this, can you give us a recap?
>>
>>55170549
Anon got some weeb chick wanting to play a foxgirl in his Forsaken game.
>>
>>55170452

I can't remember, did the Gift that lets a Werewolf shift into an Urhan form of the player's choosing as long as it's related to the wolf make it to 2e? You could always hand that off to her to make a large fox as her Urhan as compromise. If that doesn't work:

>>55170543

You'll pretty much gotta do this. I don't know about getting other players begging, even if it's an internet table, but if the problem can't be resolved and the other players take her side, just dissolve the group or offer another game if you really want to keep playing with this group.
>>
>>55170573
I thought that Forsaken already had Kitsune, the Inari Seha and the Inari Kihar.

Granted they are Spirit Claimed and about half of them were hated by Father Wolf so I don't think they would work very well.
>>
>>55169496
The nemesis might be the one who's responsible for the absence of gaia.

Without mother earth to guide and balance the shadow you might get the predatory hell scape.
>>
>>55170452
haha get fucked. No girls allowed. Seriously thou that game is dead in the water. Goodluck with the salvage operation
>>
I gotta say, I'm liking the outline of the upcoming Beckett's Jyhad Diary. I like that they took time to make it actually look like a wandering archaeologist's jounral, filled with old letters and stuff.

Here's hoping the writing is at least as nice as the design...
>>
File: antiDepressions.jpg (330KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
antiDepressions.jpg
330KB, 800x680px
>>55171285
>Wanting a back pedaling of Metaplot
It's not going to the holy grail anon
>>
>>55169496

I always like the Exarchs as the subtle guiding hands of the universe; the things that make it hard to win an absolute victory. Things like death curses that keep people from finding peace and which perpetuate the suffering at the moment of a person's expiration, for example.

For the Nemesis, it seems obvious to connect them to the Gauntlet, but... They aren't, really. The Gauntlet wasn't always A Thing; it came into existence because of Urfarrah's dying howl.

Or is it? Because if you read Sundered World, there's a note that the Bordermarches evaporate around areas of prolonged human settlement, just as the Gauntlet is thicker in areas with dense human populations, especially areas that are associated with thoughts that veer towards the material, rather than the spiritual. Graveyards where people meditate on the ephemeral have thinner Gauntlets than the nearby street, for example.

Humanity is different somehow. Almost corrosive to the very nature of the Shadow. Yet also masterfully shapes essence. One cannot help but wonder why.
>>
>>55171351
>It's not going to the holy grail anon

I prefer a story with a shitty metaplot over a story with no metaplot at all.

So, I'm hoping it'll clear up some questions I've got about the metaplot (which going by the previews, it will), and give me some nice storyhooks I can use for future "maybe!Gehenna" scenarios and such.
>>
>>55171917
That's dumb. You mean to tell me in the countless billions of years the universe existed humans were the first and only species to ascend?
>>
>>55171940
14. 14 billion, anon.
>>
>>55172020
It's a rough estimate.
>>
>>55171940
Ascend to the Supernal? I can't remember exactly where I read this, but I think part of Awakened myth is that dragons were the predecessors to human mages, and that they Ascended to the Supernal to pass magic onto humans or something. Hence why dragons are present in the Diamond Precept's terminology. Adamantine Arrow are the Talons of the Dragon, Guardians the Eye, Mysterium the Wings, and Silver Ladder the Voice, or something. It's also why pre-Fall Mages meditated at dragon bones to Awaken. Take this all with a grain of salt though.
>>
>>55171940
If that's how the Exarchs wanted it, yeah. They predate the universe, and they're very human symbols of dominion.
>>
>>55171923
I always thought Gehenna was lame. Although I typically hate apocalypse stories in nearly all of their forms.
>>
>>55172074
The dragon terminology comes primarily from the Tremere and their mythology.
>>
>>55172102
And what's that?
>>
>>55172074
That's in a few books, yeah. There's mention of it in the Tarot book, but I'm sure that's not where it's from.
>>
>>55171917
>I always like the Exarchs as the subtle guiding hands of the universe; the things that make it hard to win an absolute victory.
What's kind of Ironic is that the ones who represent the Arcana of the Supernal have more obvious effects on the worlds adjacent to the Fallen.

>Nemesis: is probably responsible for the way Humanity affects the connection between the Shadow and the Materiel
>Pyscho: cursed the Sleepers to not move on to the afterlife, and even to come back as monsters.

Honestly not sure what Ruin, Father or Unity had an appendage in.
>>
>>55172120
From when they were part of the Pentacle as the seventh order. Basically: There are five dragons who betrayed their brother and took one of the subtle arcana, a sixth one who is kind of a dick (of blood) and a final dragon, the hollow dragon, the Final Watchtower. The sixth one screwed over the original tremere, but managed to accidentally lead them to the final one.
>>
>>55171940

It's an anthropocentric cosmos, yo.

>>55172159

The Unity is responsible for human tendencies to tribalism; suffocating the individual in service to the whole. The entire possibility of egregores might be because of it.
>>
>>55172020
Thats what the lie says, its actually only a week old.
>>
>>55172623
Unity should also subtly control the Astral, arranging for the deaths of Astral realms which might inspire Sleepers to something great and promoting realms of suffering, discord and conflict.
>>
>>55172941
I'm trying to figure out whether Ruin would have fiddled with the Hedge or Arcadia.
>>
>>55173027
If you like crossover, sure he could have. You could also see Arcadia as a prison for formely-Supernal gods, which became True Fae after the fall.
>>
>>55172941

To be honest, the very Temenos itself might be Unity's doing. The very fact that individuality is a Lie is turned into a weapon in service of the Sleep. The only way Sleepers get to see past the Lie is in throwing themselves into service to a higher ideal, instead of letting themselves define themselves by which ideals they choose to hold. This makes for an innately combative view of reality, because whatever threatens that idea threatens the Sleeper's connection to a higher reality.

That's the Unity at work; turning coming together and uniting for a cause into a weapon to enslave humanity.
>>
Alright so I tried to compromise with the chick by allowing her to have the gift that can make her forms foxes instead. She said fuck that and now wants to play a sin eater that has a kitsune for a geist. I said fuck that but she brought out a forsaken supplement that says that non uratha can be in a wolf pack. Now I don't know what to do.
>>
>>55173605
>Now I don't know what to do.
Kick her.
>>
>>55173605

Boot her, or if it'll make it easier, just cancel the campaign. Try again some other time with a new group if possible.
>>
>>55173605
Boot her. Yes, non Uratha can be a part of a pack, but they're mostly there for support in the hunt. If she's a Sin-Eater, what would she be doing when the rest of the party ducks into the Shadow? If she doesn't want to play the game on the table, she can find another table.
>>
>>55173696
Pretty much. You gave a compromise and she shoved it back in your face.

Now you have every reason to shove her out of the group...preferably through a first floor window.
>>
What's the best book to read to learn about spirits? Forsaken core?
>>
>>55170452
Tell her it is not appropriate for the game, and then help her make a character that will work in it. Alternatively say thank you for your time but I don't think our play styles mix well,good luck in finding future games.
And if your other players leave find new ones.
>>
>>55173605
Just boot her. This isn't kind of shit ST should tolerate. Game is about werewolves - play the fucking werewolves.
>>
>>55171940
This is WoD. Humans are automatically the center of everything. Even if it makes little to no sense.
The former human wizard kings (AKA Exarchs) defined the universe as a whole.

It's even worse in OWoD, where actual aliens exist but are still crap compared to humans.
>>
>>55172159
>What's kind of Ironic is that the ones who represent the Arcana of the Supernal have more obvious effects on the worlds adjacent to the Fallen.

The Exarchs DO represent the Arcana.
>>
>>55173793
Forsaken and Awakening both.
>>
File: Orphan of Proteus.jpg (155KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
Orphan of Proteus.jpg
155KB, 480x720px
>>55174150
Wait, I thought the Greys were only figments of mortal imagination in oWoD? And the rzzgratch, whatever the lizard people were called, were only shit because they'd popped in from two dimensions over to borrow a cup of ALL THE MAGIC, rendering reality a static construct rather than consensual?
>>
>>55174244
Doesn't matter because "Humanity fuck yeah!"

Aliens can't win.
>>
>>55172623
The egregore came about because of the merging of the Pancryptiates and the Keepers of the Word to make the modern mysterium. The Pancryptiates were a bit of a gnostic cult who sought to internalise magic as much as possible to protect it, among other things. It's one of the results of meshing two fairly disparate orders from when the Corpus Author said "Okay fuckers, I've got my reality lego set, let's do this." and ascended.
>>
>>55174162
I knew that, what I was trying to say was that the Exarchs of the Arcana that aren't directly present in the Fallen World don't have as much of a direct influence.

General, Chancellor, Eye, Prophet and Raptor on the other hand do have a more direct influence on the lives of the Sleepers.

Which is pretty neat as I feel it adds a sort of council setup to the Exarchs...Except for Gate, she's just doing her own thing in the Tellurian.

This of it like this, Chancellor, General, Eye, Prophet and Raptor are the ones doing the wetwork of keeping the Lie up, Occasionally one of the other 5 might step in but mostly they work in the background making it so there is less chance of someone getting through by other means.

Also it adds something of a new lens to the requirements of Awakening, especially if you look at what each Path entails relative to the Exarchs that preside over the Ruling and Inferior Arcana symbolised by that Realm.
>>
>>55167635
I'm hoping the new endowments making thing is easier to scale up and down as far as power goes, since different people seem to want many different things out of hunter.
[Spoiler]I mean I personally would have them as a full splat, like with a power stat and a separate pool to activate powers with and different types, but I also wholeheartedly accept that I'm in the minority
>>
>>55167635
Listen.

NOBODY FUCKING CARES ABOUT HUNTER
>>
So as someone who's relatively new to oWoD mage(revised), which books should I read to get a good grasp on the various umbral realms and spirits? I need to be the very best pokemon/spirit master, like no one ever was.
>>
File: 1658473794594.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1658473794594.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
>>55174439
but why
>>
>>55174464
Honestly couldn't tell you.

I do know that there are at least a few fruitloop organisations in it.
>>
>>55174464
Don't listen to him. Hunter is actually the best selling line, and the most popular.
>>
>>55174409
Isn't that what reckoning was? Where they were more curaaaazy instead of guys against the odds?
>>
>>55174699
>Hunter is actually the best selling line, and the most popular.

Don't you even try that, you monkey.
>>
>>55173793
Depends what you want to use them for. Forsaken, mage, the core, and a hunter book all have the rules in depth.
>>
>>55174439
Kill yourself. It's literally the only splat that my group likes and appreciates the variance of things you can hunt.
>>55167635
Hoping for a return of conviction from mirrors, benedictions being able to put old school melee hunters on par with supernatural foes like it could in 1e, exclusive Hunter merits, a better version of risking willpower, and for the endowments to be a bit better balanced to one another since things like benedictions are amazing, but most of the tfv stiff was very hit or miss
>>
>>55173605
Haha Get FUCKED. Should have compromised way earlier now it'll only get more and more complicated. Feed her Princess the Hopeful next. Cave now or you'll go nowhere
>>
It seems as thought the majority of WoDfags are actual fags. And by 'fag' I mean autists.

How do I find normal people to play normal games?
>>
>>55174337
Was the formation of the mysterium the corpus author's imperial right?

Why didn't the exarchs have a fit of autistic rage like they did with merlin?
>>
>>55175166
>mysterium
Is a secrete society with no political or real world power. The truth was hidden and the Lie survives
>Camalot
was a full kingdom out in the open. The lie would crumble. Therefore they had to recon it completely out of existence
>>
>>55175166
What happened with Merlin?

And because they couldn't stop her, I guess. Like all the other Ascended. The Mysterium were two orders of vaguely similar but mostly not mission, and she came up as a Keeper, I think, then sealed Magic is Alive as her Noumenon which united the Orders. Or that was part of her noumenon. I don't know.
>>
File: Merlin.png (91KB, 1170x507px) Image search: [Google]
Merlin.png
91KB, 1170x507px
>>55175224
>>
>>55175136

Honestly, just play D&D. Horror games that last longer than a one shot always bring some strange peoples.
>>
>>55175224
Merlin was a pinnacle example of an Archmaster being the ultimate badass and flipping off the Exarchs. Cunning bastard he was.
>>
>>55175233
Yeah, I thought there was something that had fucked him over, rather than 'working as designed'.
>>
>>55175263
From the sounds of things, Merlin was too good to fuck up.

The Corpus Author played it subtle
Merlin butted heads with the prospect of angering the Exarchs.
>>
>>55175233

I wonder how big a part Merlin will play in Dark Eras: Brittain.

He's canonically the big fish in that setting, but how big of a presence will he have? It might even annoy the Changeling players.
>>
>>55175136
Touch football is a normal game.
>>
File: 1538374859483.jpg (568KB, 1798x2379px) Image search: [Google]
1538374859483.jpg
568KB, 1798x2379px
>>55175349
>It might even annoy the Changeling players.
DE Brittain is a Changeling/Mage crossover piece. It's already going to irk Changeling whores.

Merlin is just the cherry on the icing on the cake.
>>
Merlin should have been a wizened. Mage doesn't deserve it. I will stand by this even when it gets released. There's barely any lore surrounding it with mage while Changeling is all about this.
>>
>>55175375
Merlin's story is basically Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Does that mean that Jojo's is also an ascension play?
>>
File: DaveB - Arthurian Influence.png (46KB, 1162x387px) Image search: [Google]
DaveB - Arthurian Influence.png
46KB, 1162x387px
>>55175404
> There's barely any lore surrounding it with mage while Changeling is all about this.

No?
>>
File: DaveB - Merlin.png (46KB, 1163x314px) Image search: [Google]
DaveB - Merlin.png
46KB, 1163x314px
>>55175404
>>55175454
>>
So is Merlin seen as a hero or as an arrogant jackass by modern day mages?
>>
>>55175349
Changeling players were already annoyed at Merlin (and by extension Camelot) being Mage fluff. Annoyed is putting it lightly. But in the Dark Eras, Merlin will at the very least be a prominent figure in the background. He created Camelot, after all. He's also going to be a cunning bastard. Iirc in his mythology he was tricked into being imprisoned in the crystal cave for a very long time, right? And Dave says that was his endgame the whole time. Changeling players won't like that either. When the poll was out they were speculating who might be Fae and how they might have duped him, but turns out he's the duper. Even as I was typing this another entitled Changeling player appeared.

I imagine his most well-known role as a wise guide to Arthur might be inverted. He appears as such but is actually tricking people into furthering his own agenda for him.
>>
>>55175136
My rule has always been: Find a group and then play WOD, never find a WOD group.
>>
So what do changelings generally think of kiasyd?
>>
>>55175498
Merlin really was The Wizard Who Did It

A big "just as planned" slap to the face.
>>
>>55175537
"WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING AND WHY DOES IT REEK OF BANALITY AND GLAMOUR"

nWoD Kiasyd aren't widespread enough, but I imagine they'd be *really* confused.
>>
>>55175404
What does Changeling have published that connects it to Camelot?
>>
>>55175585
Don't respond to the fucking idiot.

The answer to your question is: A little.
>>
>>55174916
I doubt anything from mirrors is getting a 're print' such as it were, since it was all optional to begin with.
>>
>>55175590
I wanted to watch him flounder.
>>
>>55175560
>but I imagine they'd be *really* confused.
Are we talking "Why is my bed full of aardvarks?" level of confused here?
>>
>>55175454
How deep is the connection between werewolves and Babylon?
>>
>>55175639
The one known Kiasyd is the Bugman from the Carthians. He blacks out once a year and collects arms and cocks. So he probably only does things with his version of mytherica during that time, which means you've basically got a vampire who'd break into changeling courts to borrow body parts at random.
>>
>>55175661
That sounds rather amusing.
>>
>>55175537
Are there any other hybrids like kiasyd that combine two different lines?
>>
>>55175640
I'd rather not know.

I -would- like to know what Gilgamesh was in CofD though.
>>
File: 300px-Magician.jpg (33KB, 300x428px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Magician.jpg
33KB, 300x428px
>>55175585
A helluva lot more than fucking mage. Camelot is steeped in Changeling themes and plot hooks. Merlin is the quintessential Wized trickster Archetype. I am so fucking disappointed that Mage has to steal and take everything from everyone.
>>
>>55175722
Probably a fucking mage if Dave magefaggot king Brooksham gets his way
>>
>>55175742
>A helluva lot more than fucking mage.

A troll ruins his bait post in the first sentence. lel
>>
>>55175742
Mage got to Merlin first. y u so mad

>A helluva lot more than fucking mage
>Camelot is steeped in Changeling themes and plot hooks
How 'bout no?
>>
>>55175722
I'd guess a mortal who got on the wrong end of a Verge.
>>
>>55175742
Okay, so what are the books that connect Changeling to Camelot? The published material? And are Wizened actually wizards?
>>
File: 1547384757839.png (971KB, 736x1288px) Image search: [Google]
1547384757839.png
971KB, 736x1288px
>>55175722
A bishonen anime whore if David fucking Hill wrote it
>>
File: Miyazaki.jpg (28KB, 600x465px) Image search: [Google]
Miyazaki.jpg
28KB, 600x465px
>>55175851
God I fucking hate Anime.
>>
>>55175825
No, and due to the lack of any sort of 'autumn sorcery' none of them can even pretend to be fucking wizards.
>>
>>55175886

That's like saying "I hate photographs." It's a medium, with such a wide variety of subject matter that claiming to hate all of it just makes you seem like a jackass.
>>
File: 1504300069422.jpg (1023KB, 1500x1433px) Image search: [Google]
1504300069422.jpg
1023KB, 1500x1433px
Which Path does he belong to?
>>
>>55175966
No idea, but the guy in the back with a look of disgust on his face is definitely a Seer Plant
>>
>>55175886
Please return to Tumblr, Papatulus.
>>
>>55175966
Mastigos Master of Mind

Seer with dropping Wisdom
>>
>>55175956
In fairness, 95% of all anime is irredeemable garbage.
>>
>>55174439
You say this every thread, you daft cunt.

And every thread you're proven wrong.
>>
>>55176029
95% of all tabletop games are irredeemable garbage.
>>
>>55176117
True.
>>
>Malus and Professor Phobos

*Sigh.*
>>
>>55175595
You're most likely right, but if you're going to dream, might as well dream big
>>
>>55176822
I meant that in a good way actually. Like whatever the hunter 2e looks like you can probably slap conviction on no problem.
>>
ITT: we put words in the mouth of changeling players.

You notice besides one person who is clearly just an anti-mage troll, no changeling fan is mad about Merlin being a mage? Yeah that's because changeling players don't sit around thinking about mage all day, they think about changeling.
>>
File: 427964032.jpg (21KB, 218x338px) Image search: [Google]
427964032.jpg
21KB, 218x338px
>>55176987
This fucking damage control laughing my ass off
>>
Pledges were in my experience most freeform of magic Changelings had available in 1st edition. Dream combat was also outright encouraged focusing on amazing and entertaining fellow players.
Both seem to be scratched in 2nd edition, so what do players get to "invent" during play?
I mean we know that we'll get rules for Court creation, but that's mainly for Storytellers to craft their settings.
>>
>>55177248
Actually it seems like the court creation is putting in some of that cooperative setting building like in Fate. Where everyone can get involved.

Did hill put anything out about the pledges or are we just speculating?
>>
>>55176987
You clearly weren't here a while back when multiple Changeling faggots went somewhat autistic during the reveal.

They were annoyed, and probably still are.
>>
>>55177319
I mean I recall there was presented very watered down version where Changeling entered contract with humans in exchange of nothing but glamour and being hidden from huntsmen and all mortals could get out of it was see their true form and fae doing your chores or tidying up your dreams for you.
>>
>>55177328
I've missed maybe a thread or two. If it was like the 'changeling-fag' in this thread, no those aren't real changeling players. That is a thread troll sitting shit.
>>
>>55176987
No. I'm not trolling. This legitimately irks me something fierce. I don't care how apparent the Arthurian Legend is in Mage, it screams Changeling to me. Fairies, not wizards.
>>
>>55177403
Dude, just ignore the material and if you are Storytelling then tell your players that in your World of Darkness Merlin served time in Arcadia.
>>
>>55177403
So you're just a pompous faggot that wants Changeling to have everything special?
>>
>>55177403
>>55177403
There are some fairy elements in Arthurian legend. But that is just part of it. It is equally a story about the biggest stereotypical wizard known to culture.
>>
>>55173605
You need to keep us informed when you tell this girl to fuck off.

Is she attractive enough to get a blowie/fuck out off it?
>>
>>55177328
>multiple changeling fags
That's a blatant lie and I know it for a fact because I was the one who went apeshit at the reveal
All of the Arthurian legend should have been Changeling though, and Mage sucks donkey balls in every setting and edition

I don't care anymore since I'm halfway into writing up my own Changeling Arthurian setting
>>
>>55177403
Merlin screams faeries? MERLIN?

assbandit.
>>
Okay so this is something I think I haven't understood completely. Can Lost ever re-establish a normal life in 1st and 2nd edition? Going to day job, buying over priced coffee, hanging out with mortal friends, and then as sunsets head to the freehold to fill their role as court magician or something, or are they stuck being serfs in modern feudalism because of all Huntsmen and Fetches chasing after them?
>>
>>55177714
It obviously depends on how familiar person is with the myth and what lense they wanna look at it through. I can totally see the Changeling interpretation.
>>
>>55177714
Makes a lot more sense that he's a True Fae
>>
>>55177714
>I know nothing of Arthurian myth apart from that one Disney movie : the Post
>>
>>55177793
Well, now this is something I'd like to play!
>>
>>55177704
So you're just a loser that wants his way even when it goes against what has been written?

Grow up.
>>
>>55177879
What has been written is meant to be overlooked if overlooking it means more interesting, compelling, or fun stories. Canon is a lie.
>>
>>55177825
Think about it like this
>True Fae (Merlin) goes off the rails even by Fae standards and decides to take an earthly vacation
>Meddles with human business, grants tokens to heroes, calls and kidnaps Changelings and hobs to suit the needs of his stories and pit them against the Knights of the Round Table or help them
>As he spends more time out of Arcadia, his power wanes
>Finally Morrigan (either an insanely powerful loyalist or an other Fae) comes to take him home

Just the bare bones and there's a lot of holes to fill, but I like it
>>
File: 1543847384954.jpg (4KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1543847384954.jpg
4KB, 125x125px
>>55177910
>Canon is a lie
>lie
>The Lie

I see the seeds of Mage Supremacy have started to take root within that thick head of yours.
>>
>>55177879
>writing up an entire setting on my own
versus
>playing the worst splat, eating OPP's turd sandwich and asking for seconds

No Anon, it is you who are the loser
>>
>>55177930
You also like people putting their dick in your ass though.
>>
>>55177980
Wow what a strong retort !
I bet you're the smartest kid in 7th grade
>>
>>55177980
You know that using gay as an insult doesn't make it any more mature no matter how much you try to veil it?
>>
>>55177734

You can, it's just considerably difficult depending on the circumstances once you're out, and the inherently addicting nature of Fairy Bullshit.
>>
>>55177793
>>55177930

That sounds awful. Just awful.
>>
>>55178096
Fuck the haters. Sounds awesome! The hooks basically write themselves!
>>
>>55178096
>>55178123
Both stories can coexist just fine.
>>
Merlin is an Archmage
The Lady of the Lake is a True Fae

Morgana le Fay is whatever you want; be it Mage or Changeling

Better?
>>
>>55178096
And yet, you bring nothing to the table ... sucks to be a shitter, I suppose
>>
>>55178173
This is probably the kind of thing that will happen in the DE. Like how in sundered world is definitely a werewolf time period, but mages also defined the period in how they protect humanity and kill pangeans. The merge of the two is what makes the period interesting.
>>
>>55178179
But you didn't bring anything of value to the table either.
>>
>>55178173
Now THIS is interesting
>>
Is there any way to consume vitae from a kindred without risking a blood bond? Aside from just murdering them.
>>
>>55178245
Ok sweetie :)
>>
>>55178173
Morgana should be an Acanthus

But watch the Changeling fags get angry about it
>>
>>55178267
They have to will it to make it a blood bond right? Which makes it a conscious choice? Is any of the blood in their body vitae? Because a syringe in a vampire while they rest could do it if so.

Isn't that why lost ghouls attack vampires?
>>
>>55178298
Morgana Le FAY. FAY. FAAAAAAAY.

There's nothing fairy related to anyh of the five paths of Mages. So Changeling.
>>
File: 6P-BGjJK.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
6P-BGjJK.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>55177734

Yup a changeling in 1st edition with clarity 10 would be the most boring ass person to ever exist
>>
>>55178298
Read a book sometimes
Preferably a serious one about Arthurian myths
>>55178311
Nope, it's automatic
>>
>>55178316
Acanthus are all about fairies and destiny.

Morgana is more in line with Mage than Changeling.
She's a sorceress, not something taken and changed.
>>
>>55178397
It depends which version of the myths you're following and from which point in time. Her name itself relates to faefolk stories, and it is thought the myth changed with her going from being a fae, to being just a human sorceress. Her name is the same as water nymph like creatures.

She would make a good true fae.

Especially if the crossover rules give true fae arcana again, like how sundered world gave pangeans arcana.
>>
>>55178486
Why would an Archmage need to mentor a True Fae?

Pangeans are the only entities from a non-Mage supplement to have access to the Arcana, being two parts spirit/Supernal.

I don't see the True Fae getting access to something that doesn't run in line with the Wyrd.
>>
>>55178486
Pangeans are nothing like true fae. True faggots don't deserve to wield supernal might.
>>
>>55178546
Evidently they were given arcana in a previous 1e supplement. So ask the guys at we/op?
>>
>>55178594
You must be referring to Imperial Mysteries. We already went through this.
>>
>>55178486
Since Merlin is canonically a Mage, it's most likely that Morgan will be as well. With her being his apprentice and all. I honestly don't see her being true fae, not like the Lady of the Lake.
>>
>>55178594
In Imperial Mysteries they were given effects emulating the Arcana and the Imperial Practices for the ease of play, in the same vein as Masquerade letting Mages and Werewolves use Disciplines.

You'll notice that the True Fae function quite differently in Equinox Road, no Supernal shenanigans whatsoever other than the Arcadia x Arcadia chapter.
>>
>>55178541
The 1e Changeling books recommend using the Practices with their Contracts as their 'arcana' for running true fae.
>>
>>55178594
They were given Arcana for convenience. Mechanics only, not fluff.
>>
>>55178672
That's game mechanics, not lore. The Gentry aren't Supernal natives as of 2e.
>>
>>55178672
Didn't the guy who said that take it back as being incorrect?
>>
>>55178712
Yes.

Going by 2e rules the True Fae can't even go outside of their own influence, AKA Titles.
>>
Why are Changelingfags upset again? They get Camelot too, it's just that the wizards are going to be, you know, actual wizards.
>>
>>55178741
Going by 2e's preview rules them seem trivial, even to Changelings.
>>
>>55178752
Because the same retard from before things Merlin is a better 'Wizened' you know, a crafter seeming. It really doesn't make much sense given Merlin both in lore, and previous CofD texts.
>>
>>55178752
>he thinks changelings can't be wizards
>>
Merlin (along with King Solomon) is THE wizard.

There's no reason for him to be anything other than an Archmage.
>>
>>55178774
They can't be. Sadly they never gave any sort of sorecery to changelings. Just one disjointed contract line covering magic items and eldritch (fae) commands.
>>
>>55178814
The Autumn Court is the closest thing to sorcery for Changelings.

That or True Fae taking on sorcerous themes for Titles. Maleficent anyone?
>>
File: knifeEars.gif (499KB, 222x366px) Image search: [Google]
knifeEars.gif
499KB, 222x366px
Fae have contracts and Arcana. weird
>>
>>55178864
Bait
>>
File: DaveB-Mage-Crossover.png (55KB, 1203x428px) Image search: [Google]
DaveB-Mage-Crossover.png
55KB, 1203x428px
More DaveB Wisdom today concerning Mage crossover.

>I hope it doesn't trigger too many anti-Mage Anons
>>
Yeah but we don't know what the truth will be in DE Britain.

Father wolf wasnt a pangean before.

We don't know what they will do in order to make the setting interesting! And just having both Merlin and Morgan be mages is really the easy solution.

But who knows, they could go the easy route.
>>
>>55178864

...They don't.
>>
>>55178886
Why not make Mage a Scion lite game in such case? Why even keep them in the same universe?
>>
File: pssshshhhhtt.jpg (4KB, 125x121px) Image search: [Google]
pssshshhhhtt.jpg
4KB, 125x121px
>>55178886

This. Is. Gold.
>>
>>55178700
>The Gentry aren't Supernal natives as of 2e.
They weren't in 1e either. At best the True Fae might be able to /become/ Old god of Thistle by playing the game in the back of Equinox Roads but even that would only makes them rank 7 beings.
>>
>>55178890
>And just having both Merlin and Morgan be mages is really the easy solution.
Or the most sensible one? It's a Mage setting too. By what stretch of the imagination do you think that the sorcerers and wizards won't be Mages?
>>
>>55178886
Later on Dave says he hates Lovecraft.

I am disappoint.
>>
>>55178967
So Wyrd Transcendence is the act of becoming Old Gods of the Thistle?

It's a tempting prospect.
>>
>>55178946

The CofD universe has a variety of threats and oddness, ranging from the minor curiosities to apocalyptic-level monstrosities.

Mages simply occupy the upper tier of wierdness and antagonists.

Mage permits players to sometimes swim in the veritable deep end of the CofD universe. However, whether you like street or cosmic level play, it's good too have choices.
>>
>>55178946
Why would they need to be in a different universe?
>>
>>55178972
Morgan le fay isn't only a sorceress. She is an enchanter, and sometimes a fae (as if the name didn't make that obvious).

Having a character that complex just be like some seer acanthus or something is sensible, sure, but definitely the easy route.
>>
>>55178977

Mage was never really an Cthulhu analog, and there are a multitude of rpgs of that genre to choose from without needed Mage to incorporate its setting or themes.

However, if you really want something like it the CofD, there some options in 1e's Second Sight.
>>
>>55179009
Easy how? Moreover, Acanthus are literally called enchanters, and have close ties to the Fae. They Awaken to Arcadia, the Supernal version of it. I also like how you're implying her being a Fae would have more narrative worth just by virtue of not being "the easy route".
>>
File: 1491289531071.png (340KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
1491289531071.png
340KB, 640x720px
I am pretty sure I just got rejected from a game for playing a character that did not want to sex an npc in an intro session.
Not sure how I feel about it just struck me as really odd.
>>
>>55179056
Thankful. Thankful is how you should feel. You ducked a massive magical realm, mark my words
>>
>>55179056
That wasn't very fair. They shouldn't put you on the spot like that.

Maybe they thought you were a threat to their magical realm.
>>
>>55179056
The NPC was probably going to turn nasty halfway through and go all Fifty Shades of Grey on you.
>>
>>55179079
Well it was a little odd basically one of the npc right off the bat wants to sleep with my pc, he found out she was married and said nope multiple times. But yeah apparently I was awkward? And didn't fit in with the rated R themes.
>>
>>55179056
I bet he was aping the into to vampire the masquerade bloodlines and not getting dicked threw his plans out the window
>>
>>55179110
>But yeah apparently I was awkward? And didn't fit in with the rated R themes.

Yep. Magical realm. You got lucky.
>>
>>55179050
Easy because it would be going 'oh hey look, a character called a sorcerer, let me stat her up as an archmage'.

That is literally the easy route.

You are hired to create a cool setting, one of the most well known stories of magic and medieval fantasy. You aren't going to try to do the most?

Trust me, I would be doing the most.
>>
>>55179137
GOOD NEWS: She won't be an archmage. Just a normal one.
>>
>>55178946
Really, they might as well be the way things are currently written.
I mean, going as far back as the very first oWoD publications, I don't get any sort of impression that there was some 'official canon' for how the splays existed with each other in the setting, I don't think anyone thought of it back then. Hard to blame them, it was when WW was really first starting after all. Then as time goes on more and more interest is given, people clearly want this sort of cross over thing, but the writing just isn't there. That leads us to today where the lines are never really explicitly said to exist in separate universes but no word count is ever really devoted to how they interact with each other and they really pretty much are as far as any particular game is concerned.
>>
>>55179137
I don't really understand. Easy means bad, trying hard means good? First of all that's by no means universally true. Things can be bad because of forced writing and contrivances just because of a lack of creativity. Second, looking at the supposed "easy route" of a character concept and condemning it just because of that sidesteps a lot of factors. The quality of characterization, their role in the story and setting, their relationships with other characters, etc. And your argument is biased on a fundamental level, by the by.

>'oh hey look, a character called fay, let me stat her up as a True Fae'.
>That is literally the easy route.
There's only a difference to you because you obviously prefer her as a Fae.
>>
>>55178977
>>55179028
And you magefags wonder why we say that mage isn't horror and doesn't belong in a chronicles of darkness.
>>
>>55179280
I prefer spicing it up by making one of the two principle characters different. If Merlin wasn't the other big one, it would be fine.

And really, easy in this case is bad because 'all the Arthurian legend stuff is made up of a few powerful mages' could be summed up in a few paragraphs. It doesn't need a full section of a DE book.
>>
>>55179255
>but no word count is ever really devoted to how they interact with each other and they really pretty much are as far as any particular game is concerned.
It's never a focus, but they have expanded upon it. Mechanics have been given for crossover purposes and it's been explained how certain splats interact with each other. And of course the stereotype views blurbs. The universe is definitely presented as shared, they just don't care much for crossover.
>>
>>55179292
What full splat is horror though if you think about it?

A lot of horror is from the flaws and limitations of the human condition.
>>
>>55178886
This is such bullshit. A mummy will beat a mage 9 out of 10 times unless mage is prepared same with Demon.
>>
>>55179413
I think the Developer would know more than you on this. Y'know?

The lizard who wrote for every gameline except for Hunter?
The guy who wrote out the crossover mechanics for Mummy x Mage?

:^)
>>
File: 1546474384594.jpg (34KB, 278x400px) Image search: [Google]
1546474384594.jpg
34KB, 278x400px
>>55179413
>>55179432

BAIT! I know bait when I see it!
>>
>>55179325
>I prefer spicing it up by making one of the two principle characters different. If Merlin wasn't the other big one, it would be fine.
There's more than two principle characters in Arthurian legend, and variety for the sake of variety by no means guarantees quality. Again, you just want her as Fae because you prefer Fae.

>And really, easy in this case is bad because 'all the Arthurian legend stuff is made up of a few powerful mages' could be summed up in a few paragraphs.
This isn't true. First of all, the origins of Camelot are all but explained. Merlin. But this doesn't mean that all Arthurian legend stuff is just because of him. Fae will obviously have a role. Merlin and Morgan won't be the only characters either. And assuming the setting would lack any depth just because Merlin and Morgan are both Mages is wrong too. Again, you're being dismissive of other factors just because you don't like the concept. It's not like a bunch of depth would suddenly appear if Morgan was Fae. Things would still be subject to those other factors. You just like that concept better.
>>
>>55179452
You keep saying I prefer fae, when I don't. I've run several mage games, I've only ever played in a changeling game once.

You can stop assuming now.
>>
>>55179413
The only time a Mage needs to be prepared against a Demon and Mummy is when they go Loud(D) or just woke up(M).
>>
Containing Paradox seems like a much worse thing to do if every countered success gives you bashing damage, and once you take more than your Stamina in bashing damage you become Beaten Down and have to spend Willpower for every violent action you want to take.
>>
>>55178886

I think Dave is so disgusted about both purported mage supremacy and complaints that Mage isn't really horror that he's started to troll.

>TFW Signs of Sorcery is released and the Mage Supremacy arguments truly begin.
>>
>>55179501
It's fine if you prefer Fae. In fact it would look better for you if you did, because you've been giving that impression this entire time and if you don't, you just kind of look like an idiot. You've been making massive assumptions this entire time.
>>
>>55179502

The only time a non-Master or Adept mage needs to be prepared...

The jump in power levels for each dot in an Arcanum is seemingly exponential,
>>
>>55179523
Or maybe he's so tired of it that he finally gave a proper answer to the question. That post should end this half year long dumpster fire. I hope.
>>
>>55179535
Assumptions? I've been stating opinions.
>>
>>55179547
It won't. Mage Supremacy is premium bait. Backed up at every turn and a sore spot for other splatfags.
>>
>>55179564
Sure, guy. This was fun.
>>
>>55179547
>makes it worse
>'surely this will end it'
Yeah no nothing in Dave's post will end anything. He did his usual pot stirring and fanboying.
>>
File: Brucato Bitchpost.png (146KB, 956x534px) Image search: [Google]
Brucato Bitchpost.png
146KB, 956x534px
>>55179547
Dave is hardly the first writer to state the truth of just how potent Mages are, and he won't be the last.
Even Brucato stated just how powerful the Spheres can be in relation to Disciplines and Gifts.

Mage Supremacy is a meme, and it won't go away.
>>
>>55179329
Yeah but some of those aren't super like...in depth
The example that springs to mind is either the demons story teller guide or players guide I forget has examples of how demons deal with other supernaturals and sample powers for each that don't line up with their real powers basically at all.
>>
File: sire.png (114KB, 189x274px) Image search: [Google]
sire.png
114KB, 189x274px
>>55179056
Well here is the full story from my perspective.
So it is an intro game to play through the embrace.
>My character is a fresh out of the armed forces collage student, studying to become a teacher. He spends most his time doing community service, studying, or keeping in shape.
>The session starts out with my character and three others cleaning up a park, making small talk with them, eventually the female, "looks at my character like a chunk of meat." and the group decides to go do a celebratory dinner, the woman tries to come onto my character who says no, multiple times, because she is married. Eventually he walks her home, and she ends up getting abducted into shadows, chase after her, get knocked out.
>Wake up with a gag, tied up on the ground, and burlap sack over the face. Some exposition from our lovely host whom also unbags my character head then cuts the gag. Asks some questions, give some smart ass comments, gives the barest of information. Then he takes the two females that he has and says pick which one should die, the response is neither of them should die, so he says pick one or I kill them both, he says no. When questioned why he said he would not sell out a fellow prisoner and condemn them like that. So the guy says make a choice or they both die now. So he says kill me instead and let them go, if he only wants to kill one. The guy just ends up slashing everyone's neck, feel the cold embrace of death.
>Then he wakes up, get greeted by his sire, and another pc, they talk a little bit, the normal yeah right vampires are not real bit. Then from there the session ends.

Thinking back on it, it's kind of annoying the gm ignored my character sheet, my flaws and merits feel like they were ignored. But based on the judgement here so far I dodged a bullet. Pic related, it was my sire.
>>
>>55179692
Not quite in-depth (they do have a wordcount to consider) but perfectly clear nonetheless. You search for "vampires" in Awakening 2e and you get 16 results, all describing the world as being full of monsters and other supernaturals, what to do in crossover encounters, and even one encouraging the use of the other splats as plot hooks. I use Awakening 2e as an example because it's what I'm reading right now, but it's in other books too. Werewolf packs can have other splats as members, back in 1e every corebook had the views of that book's splat on the other splats right alongside their views of the other members of their own splat. In the Goblin Market's fiction story, there are vampires in the hedge market. And so on. And Demon's Storyteller Guide, while presenting things from Demon's perspective, is still fairly accurate.
>>
>>55179545
People will fall for this
>>
>>55179980
Why are you baiting so hard?
>>
Reminder, 4chanx is necessary to make these threads tolerable.
>>
I believe one of the best ways to "mitigate" mage supremacy in crossover is simply to tweak mage demographics. By making mages a more rare, and adepts and masters rarer still, individual mages would still be terrifying, but they probably won't dominate cities and regions as easily nor have the time and inclination to expand their collections of lawn furniture when preoccupied with greater threats.
>>
>>55180036
Shame you're gonna see like... 40 posts tops.
>>
>>55180049
Masters are already rare aren't they? Like among their own demo.

Not super rare, but still you shouldnt expect masters to get involved unless it directly relates to them.
>>
>>55180073
Disciples and Adepts are pretty common. I know that much.

Archmages number around 85 to 95, according to Imperial Mysteries. Or something similar.
>>
>>55180073

Master aren't necessarily common, but enough need to exist to fill various Order and legacy functions. Mage always had a little higher upper-end tilt than many other splats to maintain their culture.
>>
>>55180104
>Disciples and Adepts are pretty common

It's fairly common for PC's to start play as a Discipline, representing around a year of training and experience.
>>
>>55180104
Not archmaster, just master. I believe we talked before about how archmasters are super rare.
>>
Masters are something of a prominent minority. They take leadership roles, or are otherwise well-known because they're Masters. So while there probably aren't too many of them in a given area, you tend to notice the ones that are there.
>>
>>55180061
Better than a full thread of nonsense
>>
>>55179745
>Totally not an edgelord salubri
that st was shit
>>
How come these threads always swiftly devolve into fights over splats and shit?
>>
>>55180621
because non-mage players just can't stop being butthurt over their splats' factual inferiority.
>>
>>55180621
Don't tell me you don't enjoy it.
>>
>>55180621
>splats and shit?

Splat supernatural dick waving arguments began in 1992 between Masquerade and Apocalypse players, and has only has only grown in intensity over the decades. It's part of the culture of WW fans.

At this point, there's no use fighting it. Take a deep breath, accept the inevitable, and just think of England.
>>
Why is it that mage players are so insufferable?
Is it the power level or the subject matter?
>>
>>55180842
Mage players act exactly as actual Mages would.

Isn't it interesting?
>>
>>55180753
But it's a dick waving argument that isn't even about our own dicks! It's about how fictional entity A's dick is bigger than fictional entity B's even though they rarely interact! Like holy shit, why are people so obsessive over something that almost never even matters?
>>
>>55180895
Well, I guess if we all spontaneously turned into our preferred splats, we would know who the winners of the inevitable confrontation would be.

>IRL Mage Supremacy
>>
>>55180895
>>55180915
Kind of scary, now that I think of it. It's a good thing magic doesn't exist.

>>55180897
This isn't uncommon. It's another version of Star Trek vs Star Wars.
>>
>>55180895
Interesting is a word for it.

>>55180915
Would you say it was the power or the subject matter that drew you?
>>
>>55180984
>power
There are jocks from school that I really hated
>>
>>55180984
The power is a mighty draw, I will admit. I prefer Mage because I've always been a fan of structural magic.

The real world occult influences of Ascension are also a huge boon. Science vs Magic is a nice touch, if annoying at times.
Awakening is more original, which I enjoy. Being forced to confront the supernatural and the mysterious for personal growth is what I really love about it.
>>
>>55181019
>There are jocks from school that I really hated

Sigh...

Comments such as this are just so revealing.

Playing monsters like vampires and werewolves was often the escapist fantasies of the socially maladjusted, unpopular and diagnosably sick. It made them feel powerful, special and live out revenge fantasies, people who others viewed as monsters taking back control with cool powers.

Mage in many ways was somewhat of an anomaly that upset the applecart. Mages, particularly in Awakening, were human and weren't really stand-ins for gays, transgenders, native Americans, blacks, etc. They basically were the setting's rich, white, western, straight popular males, and they also had the inexcusable audacity to be more powerful than the minority-representative vampires, werewolves, changelings, etc.

Given the general SJW bent of so many WW fans, is it really surprising that many Mage fans enjoy the trolling?
>>
>>55180842
>Is it the power level or the subject matter?

Some people just like cosmic horror over street-level horror.
>>
>>55181166
People keep saying that. But the only one with street level horror is hunter and mortal.
>>
>>55181158
Mages are privileged white males.

We know this already.
>>
>>55177649
Yeah she is but she is dating my friend who is one of the players and the only reason why she is playing and why I haven't decided whether to boot her yet.
>>
>>55181158
Hey changeling fag. Why you so butt hurt? Just accept your status as Anal cock sleeve and we can move past your horrible delusions of relevance
>>
Why are you all so mean to each other?
>>
>>55181307
Because the faggots here like what I don't like
>>
>>55181283

Huh? I'm a Mage fan, both Ascension and Awakening, and have been so since Ascension's release back in 1994. I like both Mage lines on their own merits, but I never cease to be amused how they trigger so many fans of other lines for really no other reason than it makes them feel less "special" and powerful.
>>
>>55181358
Whatever vamp faggot. Just keep your Engorged blood organs away from my pants I don't need you butt hurt fagbro Caine to shit himself in front of a non existent god. Now be a good bitch and hide in the shadow of real power.
>>
>>55180621
It's one of the most common things to talk about.
>>
>>55180621
1.its /wodg/
2. its one of the few things everybody can talk about at the same time (a magefag won't know what to say when a changelingfag starts talking about Huntsmen, a vampfag probably doesn't give a shit about spirit drama generated by werefags, etc...)
>>
>>55181534
This is why we should talk about dark eras all the time.
>>
File: waifusht.jpg (41KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
waifusht.jpg
41KB, 500x363px
>>55181158
This is a No AWWWWWWOOOOOing thread Wolf Kun. Pack up your shit and get out of here
>>
Are there any hunter conspiracies/compacts that actually use monsters? Aside from Cheiron's Field Research Group, which is apparently chock full of wink wink nudge nudge TOTALLY NOT VAMPIRES collecting an easy pay cheque.
>>
>>55182170

Some conspiracies like the Lucifuge literally are monsters.
>>
File: 1503475775200.jpg (69KB, 576x576px) Image search: [Google]
1503475775200.jpg
69KB, 576x576px
>>55182192
Okay, yeah, I probably should have specified: Things that hunters would normally hunt, rather than the Lucifuge. I'm sure there's an Ashwood Abbey group who do it as a sunday hobby, but you know what I mean.
>>
>>55182247
Yeah, IIRC in 1e they're called Cancerous Cells.
Groups of Hunters that involve 1 or more overt, full-blooded Supernaturals.

Not the kind of half-assed "oh, we're still humans" in the Luciferge and so forth.
>>
>>55182247
There's no conspiracy dedicated to it, but any Hunter cell that uses full on supernaturals in the cell are called Cancer Cells. If you're thinking of playing a cancer cell, just know this: Unless the Hunters get more exp, the supernatural members of the cell are going to be stronger than them. By how much depends on just what the supernatural/s in the cell are, but they're going to invariably have advantages over the Hunters, and as such you need to accentuate that monster's weakness to keep the human cellmates from being trivialized.

Also, generally the cell bruiser or cell face is going to be outshined more than the cell nerd, since few powers make you just plain smarter.
>>
>>55181019
>>55181053
I appreciate your honesty. I had suspected, but it's good to get perspective and confirmation from Mage players themselves.
>>
File: tumblr_nelvxf5trU1sj69nvo1_1280.jpg (186KB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nelvxf5trU1sj69nvo1_1280.jpg
186KB, 1024x1536px
Do we know about when HtV 2e will drop? Like, before new years, Halloween, next year, etc?
>>
>>55182730
>>
>>55182730
Sadly, no news beyond its announcement, and the couple of little blurbs OPP puts on their website when they do.

So depending on how much internal bullshit there is, anywhere from a short wait to years.

Hope that Hunter's devs are above the bullshit.
>>
>>55182730
NEVER EVER EVER EVER
>>
>>55180984
>Would you say it was the power or the subject matter that drew you?
Not really. While I enjoy the themes of Hubris and the way the magic system rewards creative players, I like the game for the magic and the mysteries.
>>
Can vampires fly in CofD?
>>
>>55183245
Through use of Protean 3, 5, Blood Tenebrous at 5 dots or potentially by humping a gargoyle.
>>
>>55183250
>humping a gargoyle

Explain
>>
>>55183261
No rules behind it, purely wank. A bloodline could theoretically be established that'd give a vampire the power of Flight, like a VTR gargoyle would have. Hump and eat one.
>>
>>55183245
and via a mage using forces on them. Thats probably the best way vampires can fly.
>>
File: 1504237089881.png (30KB, 208x220px) Image search: [Google]
1504237089881.png
30KB, 208x220px
>>55183307
Would be easier to just kill it. Maybe its soul will 'fly' up to the heavens. Maybe.
>>
>>55183324
Vampires don't have souls.
>>
>>55183250
>Blood Tenebrous at 5 dots or potentially by humping a gargoyle

Is that CofD or WOD?
>>
>>55183346
Blood tenebrous is 1e vampire joining with a spirit power, and gargoyles are oWoD
>>
>>55183346
Book of spirits, vampire discipline, 1e.
>>55183384
No, nWoD has gargoyles too.
>>
>>55182730
at Halloween would be awesome, but I doubt that would happen
>>
Merlin as a Changeling ascended to True Fae and Morrigan as a mage that's studying under him (namsayin)
That is objectively the best combination
>>
File: what.gif (163KB, 190x199px) Image search: [Google]
what.gif
163KB, 190x199px
>>55183731
>>
>>55183742
What what ?
>>
>>55183731
No. Go away. Leave this place and never come back.
>>
>>55183758
what your face
>>
File: 1502606091377.jpg (127KB, 848x794px) Image search: [Google]
1502606091377.jpg
127KB, 848x794px
Since it is impossible to have any semblance of coherent discussion on anything in this general, are there any forums/boards where one can have civil discussions about CofD ?
>inb4 RPG.net
>inb4 OPP
>>
File: werefags.jpg (357KB, 662x909px) Image search: [Google]
werefags.jpg
357KB, 662x909px
>>55183868
>gay vampires

why not gay werewolves?
>>
>>55167635
Bringing back Hunters being more than just humans who don't shit themselves. Doesn't have to be angels giving them powers, but something. In fact I would actually like it if they came up with an entirely new idea, but that might be asking too much.

Willpower gambling is to power gamey of an ability. I'd rather see them get a mana-expy called grit or something that they spend on Hunter exclusive Risks/Stunts/#BatshitInsaneIdeas.
>>
>>55183927
Anon, why did you say the same thing twice?
>>
File: fabio the fabulous.jpg (44KB, 533x400px) Image search: [Google]
fabio the fabulous.jpg
44KB, 533x400px
>>55183927
gay everything, my friend
>>
>>55183937
Typical Acanthus being fay as usual
>>
>>55183930
I dunno, I liked how 1e Hunter let you run the full spectrum of Hunters. From normal humans who see something unnatural and take up arms, to those who have powers that make them a little more than human. I wouldn't mind seeing more Mortal+ types of Hunters, but the ability to play normal humans is really satisfying once you begin to take back the world from monsters.
>>
>>55183927
I am sure the litany will be amended if you start that shit.
>>
>>55183307
Mages really do have to kick down every and all doors before dropping to their knees and rubbing one out onto the floor with a white knuckle ferocity.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yGDLtN89NM
Hmm This seems like it would be an interesting basis for a Dread Power.
>>
>>55183937
No Persona shaming pls
>>
File: 1500837830837.jpg (15KB, 480x478px) Image search: [Google]
1500837830837.jpg
15KB, 480x478px
Would it make sense for a character to have Hopeful as a Virtue and Pessimistic as a Vice?
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.