[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I racist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

This black guy came in with a shitload of unboxed warhammer shit and was selling it at my LGS. I don't why, but I just kind of assumed he was shady and he lifted the stuff from mail order or a game store or second hand place.

I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he came by it fairly, either purchasing it at garage sales or buying it himself, but he had a ton of shit and none of it was clipped or painted.

It just seems like an awful lot of shit to bring into a game store to not have painted or assembled any of it.

Also it didn't help that most of it was eldar
>>
>>55166997
I mean, I know every community tolerates a certain amount of skeezy shit and shady characters, but he seemed to have only cursory knowledge of warhammer...

Am I wrong here? Is this a spade being a spade, or am I jumping to conclusions?

Its not like I'm going to turn him in for lifting some warhammer mini's off the back of a truck or anything, but I just want to know if I have the right instincts..
>>
>>55166997

Nobody here gives a fuck, ask /pol/ and see what they've got to say about it.
>>
>>55166997
Yes, OP, you are racist: you doubt your own instincts just because the guy was black.

If it had been a white guy or an Asian guy, you would have (rightfully) assumed he is shady. But because he's black, you second-guess yourself?
>>
>>55167059
well, that eased my guilt. thanks anon.
>>
>>55166997
>Was stating that he was black needed?
>why was it important?

This guy came in with a shitload of unboxed warhammer shit and was selling it at my LGS. I don't why, but I just kind of assumed he was shady and he lifted the stuff from mail order or a game store or second hand place.

I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he came by it fairly, either purchasing it at garage sales or buying it himself, but he had a ton of shit and none of it was clipped or painted.

It just seems like an awful lot of shit to bring into a game store to not have painted or assembled any of it.

Also it didn't help that most of it was eldar
>>
>>55166997

If he stole it from a truck, why did he unbox it before selling it?
If he stole it from somebody who intended to play it, why are none of them painted?

Sounds to me like somebody got the idea to get into warhammer, dropped a bunch of money, then quickly lost interest when it turned out you have to make an effort, and probably left that shit lying around the house until he or somebody else in his family decided to get rid of it. This is exactly the kind of shit my former brother in law would do. I was afraid to sell all that expensive glassware he bought in one of his brief Mister Science mania phases, lest the FBI think I was closing out a meth lab, so I eventually got him to take it with him. No clue what he did with that shit though
>>
>>55167411
Probably start a meth lab
>>
>>55167435

> not getting into fentanyl, angel dust, and krocodile

Pleb-tier taste in illicit narcotics mate
>>
>>55167435

Nah, It'd be more like him to suddenly decide that maybe glassblowing is gonna be his thing, smash it all up for raw material in one go, try to make something, fail, and then leave a box of broken glass on the shelf just in case he decides to try again someday.
He regularly gets these brief manic periods where he's suddenly waay into something, and then burns out very quickly and goes back to being depressed and giving up on life.
>>
>>55167472
Sounds like bipolar disorder.
>>
>>55167492

Yeah, he's got mental problems. They weren't too bad when my sister married him, but he got worse and worse over the years. Doesn't help he lies to his therapist.
But my point to OP is that it sounds to me like the result of a manic depressive who threw down a bunch of money and then just gave up shortly thereafter.
'Cause where do you steal a bunch of unboxed unpainted minis, and word's not gonna get around the local Warhamster community that somebody's newly arrived Eldar army got jacked before they could paint a single piece? It's not like stealing a Hyundai, it's a pretty small niche.
>>
>>55167024
>spade being a spade
kek, yeah, most likely he stole dat shit
>>
File: ya'all got any more.gif (496KB, 500x318px) Image search: [Google]
ya'all got any more.gif
496KB, 500x318px
>>55166997
Least it wasn't magic cards
>>
>>55167059
Quality post, have another you.
>>
>>55166997
OP, see this:
>>55167309
>>
Nice stealth /pol/ thread. The other one -was- too obvious.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.