[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How's your board game coming along?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: DIYGame_NerdsAndNomsense-4.jpg (235KB, 690x515px) Image search: [Google]
DIYGame_NerdsAndNomsense-4.jpg
235KB, 690x515px
How's your board game coming along?
>>
File: IMG_20170826_135620.jpg (328KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170826_135620.jpg
328KB, 1280x720px
At this point it's really just polishing up the rules and testing different ways of doing the core mechanics until things click and feel right. I may need to redistribute the card levels but aside from that I really need to just get on with shit. Maybe rewrite the manual, make a rough layout for it, plan the box etc.
>>
>>55164361
Pretty good. I spent the weekend trapped in hurricane harvey so I wrote out a full rule book. Which actually organized all the elements of play
>>
>>55166904
elf sex?

>>55164361
I stopped working on my board game and rpg to speck a pokemon in open 6d.
>>
>>55170507
>Questioning Elf sex
>Where do you think you are.png
>>
>>55164361
just starting a "new" one.
When I was like 8 or something, I really liked some book about a poor kid who keeps a pet prairie dog, so I made a board game out of it.
It was garbage. Roll and move with periodic card draw like the worst kind of milton bradley shit. But I found the box I made in my parent's basement the last time I visited home, so I've started working on making it a less shitty game with a prairie dog theme.
Like, literally just started within the last few days, so still working through elements that will or won't work. As of right now, It's a worker placement base construction type game with hidden movement elements. Each player is building their burrow network for their colony, and also controls a bird of prey with hidden movement which can snag the varmints when they're above ground collecting resources

Ultimately, it's probably still gonna be a shit game, but it's fun mental exercise.
>>
>>55164361
Completely rewrote the rules the other night after I got an idea while reading a white paper.
Now I have a simpler, more entertaining Euro, and ideas for a needlessly complicated games already down if I ever get this one published.
>>
>>55172344
No dude! I want more INFO!
>>
>>55166904

Yo, that looks rad as fuck.
>>
Have been sidetracked to make sure I get work done on more immediately accessible projects.
>>
>>55173266

Thanks anon. Is there a regular boardgame makers thread on /tg/? I'm pretty new here but I'm just about done developing this one so it'd be nice to talk about development and sharing.
>>
>>55173296
Not that I know of. There is a Work In Progress thread that comes up and nothing is stopping you from making your own thread.
>>
>>55166904

Care to give us some more info on this? It looks neat.

My own projects are going slow because I'm goddamn awful at actually focusing on one, I keep second guessing myself about which would be best to start with and end up not finishing any of them.
>>
Finishing the apparel sections now
>>
>>55173329

I'm just running a D&D session but if this thread's still around when I'm done I'll fill you guys in.
>>
>>55173456
tell us about your game faggot
>>
File: SS_Full_Colour_72.png (635KB, 2847x1001px) Image search: [Google]
SS_Full_Colour_72.png
635KB, 2847x1001px
>>55176673
>>55173329
>>55173266

https://spacecolonystudios.tumblr.com/post/160767398654/what-is-stratos-stratagem

Is the 'sell'. I need to start posting stuff. Basically it's a game that was born of wanting to kill people in risk and has evolved into a light strategy game where players take over areas, get bonuses, augment their units with cards and try to take over the oppositions base or be king of the hill.

Combat is dice vs dice with modifiers gained from area bonuses or equipable pilot / upgrade cards. You also get support cards that facilitate stuff like area acquisition and event cards that basically add unpredictability in.

I've got 4 factions, they all play the same but each side has 8 unique figures. Plan is to Kick-start it once my graphics guy is done with the art.
>>
>>55177774

Honestly looks pretty neat, thanks for sharing.

There've been a lot of mecha games on Kickstarter, with some high profile successes like Giga Robo. What are you thinking of trying to do to set yourself apart?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.