[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do I do if my commander is not transphobic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: teferi.png (140KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
teferi.png
140KB, 223x311px
Dear /tg/, I bring you a missive of emotional and somewhat psychological pain. I've been playing commander at my FLGS for a couple of months and overall at first the atmosphere seemed to be tranquil toward equality. Tending to the recent days, I've grown a concern regarding my local game store and my fellow planeswalkers. I've turned to playing a Teferi deck that is mostly blue goodstuff to compliment a group with low combo and stax. The games are very interactive and I often hear things like "attack him" "beast within your guy" "he has five loyalty". There is just one problem. My Teferi is trans. I've commissioned an alter to reflect this and have patiently informed my players that Teferi is a woman. However, they absolutely refuse to respect her.

It's 2017, and I believe everybody has the right to be in a safe environment. When I talked with the owner I informed him about the ignorant actions of the others. To my great shock and internal harm, he told me it was "the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard." I now feel threatened in one of he few accepting areas of my life, and while Teferi is just a magic card, it represents something special about my own identity. As long as my commander is misgendered, I may not be able to confirm my own soul, and every day that I do not evolve inwards is a day I'm suffering in a cage.

I cannot simply leave because I may not find another group, but even if I did I would fail the next person to play there with a non-binary card. This would allow the toxicicity to spread to other players in the store and even the region. I may be able to move on, but I cannot bring myself to betray other players. What are some good examples of literature I can bring to my next game to help everybody understand why my card's gender is not just ink on cardboard? I really believe in my deck, my store, and despite their current ignorance, even my players. Thank you.
>>
If you have already politely asked them to stop misgendering your deck, the problem isn't that they don't know better, but rather that they are willfully ignorant. The Magic community is progressing a lot and you will not have to worry about players like those soon.
>>
lmao underrated thread
>>
>>55155115
>People still misgendering in 2017

Ugh, I am literally shaking.
>>
g8 b8 m8
>>
>>55155417
Geight?
...ah.
>>
>Caring about gender and sexuality when they're just the meaningless byproducts of biology
>>
literal nazis all of them
>>
>>55155115
Stop *clap* misgendering *clap* other *clap* people's *clap* decks *clap*

It's good to see someone else playing a strong trans*womyn of color. Stay strong sistah.
>>
>>55155115
How dare you decide what Teferi is? He can choose for himself, you CISphobic anus-rimmer.
>>
File: 1501911340665.gif (4MB, 380x280px) Image search: [Google]
1501911340665.gif
4MB, 380x280px
Dear /tg/, I bring you a missive of emotional and somewhat psychological pain. I've been playing commander at my FLGS for a couple of months and overall at first the atmosphere seemed to be tranquil toward equality. Tending to the recent days, I've grown a concern regarding my local game store and my fellow planeswalkers. I've turned to playing a Teferi deck that is mostly blue goodstuff to compliment a group with low combo and stax. The games are very interactive and I often hear things like "attack him" "beast within your guy" "he has five loyalty". There is just one problem. My Teferi is an Apache Attack Helicopter. I've commissioned an alter to reflect this and have patiently informed my players that Teferi is an Apache Attack Helicopter. However, they absolutely refuse to respect the concept.

It's 2017, and I believe everybody has the right to be in a safe environment. When I talked with the owner I informed him about the ignorant actions of the others. To my great shock and internal harm, he told me it was "the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard." I now feel threatened in one of he few accepting areas of my life, and while Teferi is just a magic card, it represents something special about my own identity. As long as my commander is misgendered, I may not be able to confirm my own soul, and every day that I do not evolve inwards is a day I'm suffering in a cage.

I cannot simply leave because I may not find another group, but even if I did I would fail the next person to play there with a non-binary card. This would allow the toxicicity to spread to other players in the store and even the region. I may be able to move on, but I cannot bring myself to betray other players. What are some good examples of literature I can bring to my next game to help everybody understand why my card's gender is not just ink on cardboard? I really believe in my deck, my store, and despite their current ignorance, even my players. Thank you.
>>
>>55155115
>My Teferi is trans.
You don't decide what Teferi is, Teferi does. You're the shitlord here bucko.
>>
>that point when /tg/ is so saturated with garbage-tier /pol/shit that even the trolls are bored

I mean, I knew the day was coming, but I didn't think it would be today.
>>
>>55156322
yep, it's why I moved to 2×4chan. The mod there posts the meta thread, listens and interacts with the community, and allows loose discussion if it's productive.

Also /cyoa/, /40k/, and /quest/ exist as separate boards.

The one drawback is that it's slow... which is nice.
>>
Dear /tg/, I'm sick of all this emotional and somewhat psychological pain. I've been playing D&D at my FLGS for a couple of months and overall at first the atmosphere seemed to be tranquil toward the D20 system. Tending to the recent days, I've grown a concern regarding my local game store and my fellow players. I've turned to playing a katana wielding character that is mostly 2honouruu4u to compliment a group with low number of martials. The games are very interactive and I often hear things like "masterwork bastard sword". There is just one problem. My Katana deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.. I've commissioned a genuine katana in Japan for 2,400,000 Yen (that's about $20,000) to reflect this and have patiently informed my players that I've been practising with it for almost 2 years now. However, they absolutely refuse to respect that I can even cut slabs of solid steel with my katana.

It's 2017, and I believe everybody has the right to be in a safe environment. When I talked with the DM I informed him about the fact that Japanese smiths spend years working on a single katana and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest blades known to mankind.. To my great shock and internal harm, he told me it was "the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard." I now feel threatened in one of he few accepting areas of my life, and while my character's katana is just a fictional sword, it represents something special about my own identity. As long as my Katana is unacknowledged as being thrice as sharp as European swords and thrice as hard for that matter too, I may not be able to confirm my own soul, and every day that I do not bisect a knight wearing full plate with a simple vertical slash is a day I'm suffering in a cage.
>>
>>55156533 (You)
I cannot simply leave because they may not be able to conquer medieval Japan, but if they did they would be forced to fight the disciplined Samurai and their katanas of destruction. This would allow the toxicity to spread to other players in the store and even the region. I may be able to move on, but I cannot bring myself to allow American snipers to target the men with Katanas during WWII. What are some good examples of statblocks I can bring to my next game to help everybody understand why Katanas are simply the best sword that the world has ever seen? I really believe in my sword, my store, and despite their current ignorance, even my players. Thank you.
>>
>>55156322
/co/ and /v/ literally told us to stop coddling migrating tumblrites. At this point telling people to kys sounds like you're trying to spare them the brain rot.
>>
>>55156605
WWII katanas were cavalry sabres with repurposed hilts.
>>
>>55156322
Maybe if you just stopped being a faggot and went right politically maybe this wouldnt be an issue.
>>
File: IMG_0650.gif (459KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0650.gif
459KB, 384x288px
I wish i could see the comissioned card
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.