[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tg/ autism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 17

File: cd6.jpg (54KB, 305x309px) Image search: [Google]
cd6.jpg
54KB, 305x309px
What are your most autistic/OCD habits relating to /tg/?

Do all of your dice have to sit on the table with their max roll facing up? Does your mini always need to be facing the enemy you're attacking? Do you find yourself adding bizarre elements to your character's backstory just to match her character art?
>>
>>55154026
I play a tabletop roleplaying game.
>>
>>55154026
I don't have a real life, so I seek escapism in tabletop. I might care about my fictional family more than about my real one.
>>
>>55154026
Facing your miniatures in the right way just makes the game look better.
>>
>>55154026
We're all autistic here, anon.

Now OCD-like I do have some habits. Carry weight is a big one for me, I get really uncomfortable having my carry weight not being a clean multiple of 0.5 lbs. It's gotten to the point that I have a script to divide up my money into PP, GP, SP, and CP to make sure coin weight comes out clean.
>>
>>55154026
>What are your most autistic/OCD habits relating to /tg/?

I run quests
>>
I have a hard on for mundane items as loot. A large percentage of dungeon loot are things like painting, furniture, mundane swords, jewels, etc. My PCs have learned that they need to bring wagons and carts and hirelibg to carry all of this shit out of the dungeon. When they get back to town they either try to sell it individually or find someone who will buy it in In one lump sum for cheap. Magic items are rare as fuck because of this, and they hardly ever find gold and platinum, which means more room required to carry that and they need to take trips to moneychangers.
>>
File: Roll to hit.jpg (85KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
Roll to hit.jpg
85KB, 960x960px
>>55154026
I always play D20 ttrpgs with my dad's old set of dice from the D&D Basic Set, no other dice will do.
And if we used miniatures, it would definitely always face properly.
I also keep comparing old editions of D&D to the current 5E, and have successfully introduced some old school elements into our games, and sometimes remember rules wrong because of this.

>>55154229
>"...they need to bring wagons and carts and hirelibg to carry all of this shit out of the dungeon."
I like your way of thinking about loot, Anon. That's what people would find in dungeons probably instead of just coinage and gems.
>"...try to sell it individually or find someone who will buy it in In one lump sum for cheap. Magic items are rare as fuck because of this, and they hardly ever find gold and platinum..."
Have you considered making the selling part easier for your players? It sounds awfully much like they aren't enjoying very much getting rid of their loot, as it clearly takes a lot of time irl. Not much story to be told about haggling really, unless you really make a plothook somewhere there.
>>
How do I get into /tg/?
How do I stop being shy?
I keep reading about all the great experiences on /tg/and want to experience them too...
>>
>>55154364
Just do it. Seriously, just go find a group and accept that you're going to have a terrible time occasionally, then keep it up until you find success. It's the same way you do anything in life.
>>
File: garbo.png (44KB, 478x504px) Image search: [Google]
garbo.png
44KB, 478x504px
>>55154026
I keep telling people to play any other game on the planet except DnD, even though I know telling them this will probably just make them bunker down harder and continue to hold the entire hobby back.
>>
>>55154026
Commenting on /tg/.
>>
>>55154026
I am socially inept to an uncomfortable degree
>>
I fill out the "100 Questions" form for every one of my characters.

I always pic a character portrait first before building a character so that I can make everything in the portrait match the details of what I write for the character. Finding a suitable portrait AFTER making a character is a pain in the ass.

I always give my DM a tidy zip folder that includes my character sheet, a portrait (sometimes multiple portraits), a 100 Questions form, and a document that details where and how I spent rolls/points in building my character in case they want to audit it.
>>
>>55154026
I like to roll a combination of different colour dice whenever (reasonably) possible.
>>
>>55154026
>D&D
Always get mad when my playgroup says we'll meet at a certain time then doesn't start for an hour or two

Always have the minimum roll on my die facing up so it will suck all the power out of those number

>Mtg
When going through the early phases of the turn i have a chant I've done since the begining to remind me of the Phases "Untap Untap Upkeep Draw." I also will stretch or condense the word to match how long it took me to do the phase. It weirds my opponents out in tournament play and at the store I get "Judge! He took two untap steps" as a joke a lot from opponents. But I always tell them the extra untap is there mostly to give me time to actually untap everything.

>Catan
Get mad when people take my catan pieces out of the bag. I mostly play at an outdoor bar/coffeeshop with my own set and had some one lose an orange road from not following the rule so they got me a custom set of purple pieces.

people talking about non-game stuff on their turns. We mostly play drunk in public so I get off topic conversations happen but when it is your turn pay attention.

House Rules:
1. No tangents on your turn
2. No tangents on your turn
3. Self banker, and we call out the roll 3 times. If you miss grabbing your resource by the third call you don't get your resource

>General
I have all my shit organized in a very particular way for transport and I'm the guy who introduced most my friends to /tg/ and hate when they don't put my shit up right after borrowing it. lost a assassin token like that

When we're playing public and my group gets really distracted or people outside the game try to talk to me during my turn. Normally I'm very social but this irks me to no end. Most of the regulars know at this point to fuck off while I'm playing.
>>
Lands always go behind everything else, ALWAYS.

If I'm playing a bunch of enchantments/artifacts, I organize them off to the left or right side vertically, but I organize my creatures horizontally so every single card can be read at any instance.

I always tap clockwise.

When I'm building a multicoloured EDH deck, I need the ratio of each colour to be exactly equal, and the curve to be perfect relative to the colour dispersion. For example, I'll run 3 6 drop creatures in a two colour deck; one of each colour, and one of both colours.

I also pick matching lands, particularly boring lands with thematic colour representing the style of the deck.
>>
File: 1502147846389.jpg (41KB, 485x354px) Image search: [Google]
1502147846389.jpg
41KB, 485x354px
>>55154344

Usually when it comes to selling, they sell it individually, we just timeskip, since they usually spend a while in the city before moving on to their next destination. The wholesale happened only twice when they were in a hurry to get out of the area, because time was of the essence. It was actually their idea, and they offloaded to a fence they had good relations with, who gave them a pretty fair price considering the circumstance. When they have a particularly rare item or something that was clearly masterwork, they'd play out a short haggling scene when they found a good buyer.
>>
>>55154364
if you are actually shy you will try it and not enjoy it like you do in the stories
life is suffering
>>
>>55154026
Facing your miniatures correctly isn't autism, it's just good table manners.
>>
>>55154026
I face my tokens because that's how you play GURPS.

I have the habit of telling people to not play D&D
>>
>>55154026
Lands that produce two colors are always seated between the basics that produce the two colors. (Eg: a sulfur falls will always be seated with islands on the left and mountains on the right)

This is a contributing factor to my lack of desire to play decks with more than two colors in most formats.

In rpgs: I am pretty consistently the only player in my group that gives an active damn about being properly equipped and having everything within weight allowances.
>>
>>55154026

I start to wonder why the games I play feel more real than the life I'm living. It's not like I haven't lived in the normie sense, I'm in my mid twenties and I have a degree, full time job, my own place, I've travelled extensively around Europe and North America , and infact lived in another country for a year, had my creative journalism work published on television as well as I'm.print, I've been in various relationships, the longest for five years, been to clubs, sex parties, and had orgies. This isn't to brag but to point out I'm not exactly a basement dwelling neet as much as I feel I am at times.

Yet when I think of what really makes me itch it's these silly little games I've been playing since I was a kid. No matter what relationship ends, what dream doesn't quite work out as planned, what journey comes.to.an end they're always there. Always ready to hold me up. They're what I still get most excited about every week. They never really fail to disappoint me.
>>
>most autistic
I have nothing going for me in my real life so I always make a self-insert so I can feel like I maybe accomplished something for once. If I die I lose all interest in the game and become almost zombie like in playing a new character
>ocd
In MTG, my cards on the table NEED to be organized by color if I'm paying a multicolor deck. I.e. Blue-blue/black-black
>>
>>55154026
I get irrationally angry about people who are late, even by as little as a minute.
>>
>>55154026
I don't have habits like that.
>>
>>55154364
Stop being a faggot.
>>
>>55154088
>coin weight
Just considering this makes you a primo autismo.
>>
I keep my d20 on 13 because I feel like keeping it on 1 is bad luck.

I'm designing an Only War campaign dispose never having played it.
>>
>>55154853

>a zip folder
>for content that probably sums <4MB

are you stuck in 1997 or what
>>
>>55154853
I wish my players had this enthusiasm. They think alignment is too much trouble to fill out for a character.
>>
>>55154853

You've just made me more autistic, I filled out 100 question forms for the character I'm currently playing and its a fun exercise.
>>
>arrange minis in the hardcase in a specific order

that's about it.
>>
>>55161367
zip folders can be emailed easily
>>
>need minis that at least vaguely look like the creature being fought
>plan encounters and even worldbuilding around what minis I own
>unironically consider forcing passing % rolls to be able to play certain classes like wizard based on their rarity. same with races.
>need to have difference in damage between 9mm and .45 in a game involving guns
>like having all my dice the same color
>can't stand the idea of certain dice combinations being rolled (2d10 pisses me off despite being really good probability curve)
>very rarely roleplay female NPCs because I'm worried someone will hit on her
>want at least one character death per campaign or else it feels like a powerwank
>imagining a huge ongoing story in my head in my free time using my surroundings
>thinking about characters in games I've run while listening to bad-ass epic music picturing scenes from the campaign
>do pixel art of characters in my campaigns even though I suck at it
>draw them as well despite having middle-school-tier drawing skills
>>
>>55161714
>>do pixel art of characters in my campaigns even though I suck at it
share it
>>
File: Fuck It.jpg (868KB, 1445x1820px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck It.jpg
868KB, 1445x1820px
>>55161714
>>do pixel art of characters in my campaigns even though I suck at it
Pics.
>>
File: enochnathandreadnought2-larger.png (23KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
enochnathandreadnought2-larger.png
23KB, 800x600px
>>55162586
>>55162495
Here's one of them facing down a fleet of airships. They basically went full rogue against the kingdom they were part of, including the guy in the back shooting a top general in front of about thirty men, then taking another PC "hostage" to escape.
>>
Here's one I made of that same party, I wanted to make a T-shirt of this after I saw a T-shirt of the walking dead characters with "the archer" "the samurai" "the ringleader" etc. at newberry comics while christmas shopping for my dad. Kinda inspired me. I figured I should wait until the campaign is concluded, though, and without a real objective or story to bind it, it could go on until all the characters die.
>>
>>55154026
No matter what board game I'm playing, my pieces will without fail be organized. My cards too, if I have any.

I also tend to roll up way too many background characters, each with a different class/race without their overlapping.
>>
>>55161520
Kill them and leave them in a ditch
>>
>>55165601
>>55165572

I like this more atari proportion style. It's got a charm to it
>>
File: enoch_nathan_party_portrait.png (65KB, 1203x1165px) Image search: [Google]
enoch_nathan_party_portrait.png
65KB, 1203x1165px
>>55165735
Thanks man. Here, have the original portrait I made.
>>
File: nathan_versus_dova.png (49KB, 795x615px) Image search: [Google]
nathan_versus_dova.png
49KB, 795x615px
And where the campaign last left off, with the old dwarf assassin/alchemist having returned to hunt the party down and kill them one by one, while they struggle to free a down from the draconian rule of a lich.
>>
>>55154026
I made a homebrew world. I've been told it's both autistic AND faggoty.
>>
File: character art.jpg (129KB, 500x548px) Image search: [Google]
character art.jpg
129KB, 500x548px
>>55154853
>Finding a suitable portrait AFTER making a character is a pain in the ass.
draw it yourself
>>
I find the process of character generation to
be a very therapeudic experience.
>>
File: 1502454768053.png (215KB, 1952x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1502454768053.png
215KB, 1952x1920px
>>55167743
>>
>>55154853
>100 Questions
What might those be and where do I find them?
t. Nooblet.
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>55154026
>MTG decks
>All cards must be the same border- no mixing classic/8th/m15
>All cards must use the same Keyword abbreviations- no mixing Menace with "this creature can't be blocked except by two or more creatures", the same is true for reach, vigilance, etc.
>All cards must use the same terminology- no mixing "battlefield" with "in play" or "exile" with "removed from the game"; this is also true for "put a token" and "create a token".
>All cards must use the same symbols- no mixing (T) with (c>) and no mixing "colorless mana" with (<>); this was especially painful during BFZ-OGW
>All cards must use the same types/supertypes- No mixing "Summon" with "Creature" or "Legendary" with "Legend, ~ counts as an X"; This is also true for the new planeswalker rule adding the Legendary supertype; all current walkers are dead to me in my "up to date" cardlists.
>All lands must share the same art window- no mixing full art with normal lands.

The only oddity I allow pertains to foil cards- I will allow them only if there is no non-foil version in print.

The aforementioned regulations also apply to my limited format cubes and how I actually store the cards.
>>
>>55154026
I worldbuild. To do that, I research so much that I can appoint a minor research failure, in Mass Effect Andromeda for example.

But even after acquiring arguments and proofs of, say, real life european dual sword wielding, I opt for the "believable" instead of "realistic". I sometimes wonder myself why I research so much.

I always craved reading and learning, a setting just gives me a direction for that.
>>
>>55168709
Something like this, I assume:
http://www.miniworld.com/adnd/100ThingsAboutUrPCBackGround.html
>>
Every fucking thing is Vietnam. Flyer heavy guard army? Nam. My attempt at making sense of wotlk? It's Apocalypse Now. DH2 camaign idea? Nam.

At times it becomes an obsession with the late/post colonial African shitshow.
>>
>>55168888
Ha, you might hate me.
>All basic lands must be different art.
>If I have the same card from multiple sets, I prefer each card to be from a different set. Bonus points for different art, but it's rare to have the same card with 4 different arts.
>White border and black border mix freely, and if I'm playing casually with friends, I'll usually slip a silver-bordered land in.
>>
>>55169159
>silver-bordered land
I meant silver-bordered card. Fuck me.
I also used to use snow-covered lands freely until a friend bought a card that punished that.
>>
>>55165572
>even though I suck at it
Fuck off with that false modesty, anon, you did great!
>>
>>55165572
>>55165601
>Even though I suck at it.
No, you don't. This looks amazing. No lie, I'd pay $20-$40 for something like this of my parties.
>>55165836
Yeah at the start it wasn't great, but >>55165850
proves that you make really good work!
>>
>>55169058
Same
>>
File: beer.jpg (27KB, 760x506px) Image search: [Google]
beer.jpg
27KB, 760x506px
Let me tell you the tale of one of my players, we will call him Bob.
Bob is the quiet guy, he does not talk and act much but he always follow the game and takes notes, so much notes that after a year he filled a notepad.
Bob always brings with him Irish mud (see picture) and Pretzels so salty they can dehydrate you just by looking at them. We asked politely if he could try something new, he took that like some sort of personal offence.
Bob loves crossbows, if you hit the crossbow argument he can talk for hours about how crossbow are awesome and no RPG give them enough justice. Bad mouth Crossbows and/or tell him that the English bow was better and you may see the avatar of autistic Rage in action.
Bob loves felines, catfolks and regular cats, we don't know if he is a furry or not, he always been a decent player if a bit weird.
He sharps his pencils so much you could use them as arrows. He never allows anyone to touch him.
Also at our table created the "Is she asking for my penis?" meme.
>>
>>55172562
The meme
> Bob is talking with a dragonborn sorceress about how to upgrade his crossbow (of course)
> The Dragonborn accepts to upgrade his crossbow, she does not want money but information.
> Bob stares at me (the DM) for almost a minute, silent, like he is going to start the most important speech of the history of humanity.
>Bob:"Is she asking me for my penis?"
> From that day on, every time somebody fails a social roll we say "Should I dick him/her?" "I give him/her the dick".
>>
>>55169159
>All lands must be different art.
This is actually a good rule and I've met many "normal" players that follow it.
>>
>>55154026
I have different color dice sets for each type of damage my character can output.
>>
File: Wicked chivalrous.jpg (37KB, 269x294px) Image search: [Google]
Wicked chivalrous.jpg
37KB, 269x294px
>>55155794
You are a good DM, Anon. Keep up the good work.
>>
File: 1497540987730.png (65KB, 172x253px) Image search: [Google]
1497540987730.png
65KB, 172x253px
>>55172562
My god, is this me?
>>
>>55172621
That's breddy gud.
>>
>>55169159
Though technically a tactical disadvantage, I prefer to have as much variety in my deck as possible. I love getting no matching arts whatsoever.

It's a disadvantage because TECHNICALLY your opponent could tell that you have multiples of cards by different art/borders. Totally worth it because I'm a filthy casual and never play competitively.
>>
>>55154026

Why does she look like the guy from Mr. Robot?
>>
File: the ryders.jpg (40KB, 680x512px) Image search: [Google]
the ryders.jpg
40KB, 680x512px
>>55179257
claymation
>>
>>55154026
Since I'm actually Autistic, technically everything I do is an autistic habit.
Ironically I do nearly none of the things /tg/ dubs "Autism", though this is more due to my being relatively high-functioning and consciously adjusting for these things even when I talk to people.

I actually found it hard to be offended by people on /tg/ talking about Autism, maybe because discussion of it largely so removed from the actual thing that it doesn't trigger me at all.
>>
>>55179342
Do you actually have Autism if you can adjust for it? Not saying you don't, I just don't know anything about the actual thing.
>>
>>55179373
I got diagnosed when I was 4, over a decade before it became a "fad" diagnosis among shittier psychologists, so yes I have it.
But to answer your question; yes.
Just like how someone who looses his legs can learn to get around, or someone who looses his dominant hand can learn to use his off-hand, or someone who looses an eye can learn his limitations and compensate accordingly, it is completely and totally capable to adjust for Autistic behavior tendencies assuming that Autism is the only thing you have, which unfortunately is often not the case.
>>
>>55154026
I can't play with my miniatures unless they're painted. I'm so used to getting my shit pushed in that I developed a "Well if I'm gonna lose to ____ spam, I might as well look good going down." mentality to playing.
>>
>>55154026
I literally cannot deal with 'doubling', 5e has helped a lot with that though by giving access to various archetypes that actually impact the gameplay. Sorry for the shill.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.