[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 362
Thread images: 33

>Unearthed Arcana: Three-Pillar Experience
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-ThreePillarXP.pdf

>5etools:
https://astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Alternate Trove:
https://dnd.rem.uz/5e%20D%26D%20Books/

>Resources Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previous thread:
>>55138222

What's your favorite race in the PHB? Why?

Hardmode: No humans
>>
>>55145241
I'm a big fan of half-orcs
>>
Non hardmode: Variant Human

Hard mode: Probably half elf or half orc.
>>
>>55145241
Humans.
Because I'm not a faggot.
>>
Fuck drow I hope they drown.
>>
>>55145241
D W A R F
>>
I'm a little confused about mystic

>Push (1–7psi). As an action, choose one creature you can see within 60 feet of you. The target must make a Strength saving throw. On a failed save, it takes 1d8 force damage per psi point spent and is pushed up to 5 feet per point spent in a straight line away from you. On a successful save, it takes half as much damage

Do they still get pushed on a succeeded save? I feel you could read it either way
>>
>>55145319

Yes, it still gets pushed.
>>
>>55145241
>What's your favorite race in the PHB?
half-elf

>Why?
They're humans but better in both crunch and fluff, I can just wear a hat and cover the knife ears.
>>
>>55145346
Is there a sage advice or something that confirms this? Because there's a similar power under mastery of fire that specifically says the extra effect doesn't happen on a successful save
>>
>>55145241

Fuck the hate they get, dragonborn are a blast. Most fun character I ever played was a bog standard dragonborn paladin of bahamut. Sword and board, smite evil, bring justice and light. Fuckin' a.
>>
>>55145346
No it doesn't. Are you retarded?
>>55145319
Read it this way:
On a fail, x and y happens.
On a sucess, z happens.
Clear?
>>
>>55145381
If it doesn't specifically say the extra effect doesn't apply on a save, then it still applies.

No sage advice necessary.
>>
>>55145401
I guess, but the same document has Bestial Claws which doesn't actually say what kind of action it is, just that you "for an instant" get wolverine hands and attack with them, meaning that by your logic a perfectly vaild reason is that you can just do it endlessly.

What I'm saying is that this document has shaky/ambiguous writing sometimes, so for all I know everything is ~supposed~ to work like the one fire ability and they just didn't for some reason.
>>
>>55145398

Are you? All spells and magical effects specify added effects do not apply on successful saves, take sunburst for example:

Each creature in that light must make a Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, a creature takes 12d6 radiant damage and is blinded for 1 minute. On a successful save, it takes half as much damage and isn’t blinded by this spell.
>>
>>55145433
Bestial Claws not being specific enough is weird. Push uses standard language that's replicated a bajillion times over in other features, even outside of the Mystic UA.
>>
>What's your favorite race in the PHB? Why?
Human. Players always make better humans for some reason. Elfs are always haughty tree huggers. Dwarfs are always drunken warriors. Humans need great characterization in order to stand out, so players create actual characters.
>>
Explain to me the appeal behind psionics, because to me it just looks like magic, but for people who think they're too cool to be arcane casters.
>>
>>55145241
I would say lizard men if you gave me Volos. PHB? Dragonborn.
>>
Explain to me the appeal behind magic, because to me it just looks like psionics, but for people who think they're too special to be science manifesters.
>>
>>55145485
People like the idea of psychics powers because it's real life magic just like crystal healing
>>
>>55145485

For 5e, since I've not played any other.

A class that doesn't use fucking Vancian magic is a breath of fresh air.
>>
>>55145366
Now this makes me wonder if anyone has ever played a "maimed" elf or half elf that had its ears cut.
>>
>>55145507
Oh you
>>
>>55145485
like a sorcerer but good
>>
>>55145525
You just clip 'em, like dogs.
>>
>>55145464
What other spells and effects are similar to the mystic one?
Or is this just another example of mystics breaking previous design patterns?
>>
>>55145536
like a monk but good
especially wot4e which they refuse to acknowledge
>>
>>55145513
This.
Niggas always forgetting how big the ESP phenomenon was in the 60s/70s/80s/90s. "(High) Magical fantasy" is a much more recent invention, and was used in some of the earlier cases as "psionics, but breaking physical laws and science instead of following them in an unexplained way".

Prior to our current idea of high fantasy magic, "magic" in mythology and old stories was far more subdued. Think Conan or Lord of the Rings, not Harry Potter or D&D.
>>
>>55145537
Are we going to have elves with clipped ears and tieflings with docked tails now.
>>
File: exceedsanta2.webm (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
exceedsanta2.webm
2MB, 320x240px
>>55145579
Japan knew what was up with all their ESPer wanking, that's for sure.
>>
Just DMed my first session. I think I like it better than actually playing.
>>
>>55145550

There's a similar power under mastery of fire that does (Combustion) On a
successful save, the target takes half as much damage and doesn’t catch on fire.
>>
File: exceedsanta6.webm (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
exceedsanta6.webm
3MB, 320x240px
>>55145625
Tell me this shit isn't better than some dumb Wizard going "lol I cast Slow" and hiding in the back rank.
>>
New player here.
How can I make better characters?
>>
>>55145550
I would argue it's just mystics being poorly written.
>>
So I have a major problem with my DM and party. I'm the only female in a group of 5. There's always been open sexism at the table, both in game and out, and my character has often been forced into exploitative and degrading situations. I've managed it as well as I could and gone along with it for the most part but today's session ended with my character on the verge of being sexually assaulted, without me having much say in it. When I protested afterwards everyone said I was just overreacting.

I'm really not sure how to handle this, other than up and leaving.
>>
>>55145633
Sure. Let me be more clear.
Are there any effects outside of mystics that behave like the first one where it doesn't specify they aren't pushed on a success?

Seems to me someone just forgot to add it or they're breaking previous design patterns like with the mystic ability that lets you charm someone and they have no idea (also dumb).
>>
Since we're talking about Mystic.

I really hate the concept of Wu-Jen.

keep your wizard out of my mystic jahn.

Seriously though, get rid of it and fix Order of the Awakened's features to make them more of a blaster, like most of their disciplines suggest they are.
>>
>>55145658
Just leave. They really aren't worth your time, and are trying to magical realm your character while using you as wank material.

They aren't worth the effort.
>>
>>55145658
That's hot. Tell me more.
>>
File: 11pdsHv.jpg (41KB, 446x576px) Image search: [Google]
11pdsHv.jpg
41KB, 446x576px
>Co-GMing a game, female player asks for help with her UA Ranger since she doesn't know the rules
>She just hit level 4 and isn't interested in boring stat increases, wants a feat that'll help represent her robot buddy mechanically because Beast Conclave is too complicated so she opted for the simpler Hunter Conclave
>Direct her to Magic Initiate Wizard for Find Familiar, Prestidigitation and Minor Illusion
>She's happy with her robobuddy having mechanics now and the little flair of utility that having magic sparkles gives
>Another male player comes online and chimes in later on a couple hours after the ranger girl took her feat
>Says MI Wiz is a terrible choice for a ranger, especially because she doesn't have the INT for it
>I explain it'll be fine, she has the best familiar of an Owl and none of the spells even scale off her INT besides the Investigation DC of the minor illusion, whether or not she has 20 or 8 INT the overall potency is the same
>Guy changes subject to the ranger's weapons
>Says they should use a light crossbow instead of a hand xbow
>I say the ranger has the crossbow expert feat so she'll get more attacks off with the hand one and gets to keep a hand free, lower range is an issue but the ranger is okay with it
>Guy gets mad, leaves the voice call after saying "I'm done arguing with you"
>This was after literally three exchanges of words
>Cusses me out in text, says I should learn to fucking read, pastes the crossbow expert feat text to me, says a light crossbow is one-handed while shooting
>I'm confused at this guy's outburst
>Point out that the crossbow expert feat that he pasted specifies a hand crossbow
>Point out that the light crossbow has the two-handed property
>Someone agrees with me
>Guy calls the person who agreed with me an alt account despite having heard the both of us speak at the same time in the call for the last two sessions which were both less than 24 hours ago
>He leaves the game
>>
>>55145650
That's my assumption too.
I also think it's silly to assume that because something doesn't specifically say x doesn't happen that it then happens.
>>
>>55145649
Think of a character in media who you think is interesting. Then steal it.
>>
>>55145658
First, take the thread-derailing false flag bait back to /pol/.

Second, tell your DM to stop being such a limp-dicked little bitch trying to push his magical realm and rape fetishes on the table. You're all there to have fantasy elf adventures, not listen to his 50 Shades of Gray fanfiction or watch him creep on girls. He can go ERP in an MMO if that's his bag, but it doesn't belong near the table.
>>
>>55145658
Get the fuck out of there, no one should be subjected to that shit.

Just leave those autistic fucks.
How are people like that? What the actual fuck?
>>
If breath weapon and sunlight sensitivity still work while wildshaped, does a lizardfolk's swim speed apply too?
>>
>>55145693
>He leaves the game
>He pms the girl asking if she'd rather have his help or """this idiot's""" (me)
>Noone understands what the fuck just happened

Is this real life? I read so many stories about neckbeard fedoras, I thought irony and memes were so saturated into internet culture that noone did this unironically. This can't be real, noone is actually Mr. Nice Guy anymore. This has to be a prank. Surely nobody could be THIS RETARDED?
>>
>>55145649
pick something FUN and interesting

or you will wish you had when you get a bit higher level and realise theres more fun to the game than just the combat
>>
>>55145485
psychics tend to let you be monks that don't kind of suck ass, and you get to escape vanacian magiic

5e version in particular is interesting because of how disciplines work.
>>
>>55145658
If you don't like X and your group won't stop doing X despite you asking them to, then the best solution for everyone is for you to leave.

If you're being sensible then it's in your best interest, and if you're overreacting then it's in their best interest. Either way it's the best decision.
>>
File: Lisa's_Nightmareopaw.jpg (27KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Lisa's_Nightmareopaw.jpg
27KB, 512x384px
>Man That Guy is a piece of shit, I wish he'd fuck off from our game
>one week later
>he fucking dies

Fug
>>
>>55145702
Only do this if other players don't know it. One of my players constantly steals character ideas from critical role and it drives me nuts. I don't even watch the shit (a different player told me), but it still fucking grinds my gears.
>>
5e made vancian magic simpler by making it so you don't "Fill slots" with spells.

I hope 6e just fucking dumps the system all together and uses spell points, they're more fun.
>>
File: Laughter.gif (2MB, 400x206px) Image search: [Google]
Laughter.gif
2MB, 400x206px
>>55145746
>>
>>55145658
Tell them you don't like it and that if it continues you'll just leave. Be clear that it makes you uncomfortable. Whether or not you're "overreacting" isn't much for them to decide when they're the ones causing the situation.

First group I played with we had a girl who played a tiefling and we came in contact with a perverted alchemist gnome that was interested in her because tieflings are kind of rare. He gave her a strange potion, told her to take it, and the next day she woke up with an extra nipple. It was a pretty stupid joke but had no impure intentions. Nor did we dwell on it or reference the fact, DM even said after the fact it was only going to be temporary.
Still, the girl playing the character let us know it made her uncomfortable so none of us ever included anything of the sort like that again because we value her as a player and a friend. If these guys aren't willing to consider your point of view, then find a new group.
>>
>>55145693
>and nothing of value was lost.jpeg
>>
>>55145716

Who the fuck knows, because which part makes them swim? Their legs? Webbed feet? Being able to contract muscles throughout their body?
>>
Is there anything in mystics that lets Mystics make attack twice? Because some of the Immortal disciplines (Bestial Form, Giant Growth) seem really cool but don't exactly do well when you can only attack once a turn, and
>multiclassing on UAs
>>
>>55145241
Half-Orcs, because they're stubborn and tough like Dwarves but their women are sexier.
>>
>>55145725
This. Utility spells are everything.
Cantrips usually deal enough damage for my purposes.
I mean, sure I could take some high level damage dealing mega spell, or I could take mass suggestion and avoid combat entirely saving everyone resources.
>>
>>55145807
I think there are some disciplines that enchant your weapons to do that. I can't remember which though.
>>
>>55145748
Its much more fun if you make the stolen character your own. Start with a basic idea, like "Steve Irwin" What class would he be? Ranger? Ok, cool. I dont know much about Irwin's life, so why is he an adventurer? Maybe he saw or heard of a mythical beast (a Tarrasque?) when he was a kid and now he wants to find one again, to see it with his own eyes. He wants to show the world the beauty and majesty of nature and he loves the thrill of discovery.
>>
>>55145824
I think nomads can attack twice or something?
Who cares mystics a shit
>>
File: 1234567890.jpg (88KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1234567890.jpg
88KB, 600x800px
How the heck do we not have a mystic order based around just flat out fucking things up with psychic energy?
>>
>>55145687
Agreed.

Wu-Jen used to just be weird sorcerers, but now they're bullshit psychics? Fuck off
>>
>>55145886
Mastery of Force
>>
>>55145688
>>55145705
>>55145773
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to try and speak with them one more time about it, if it doesn't go well I'll leave. There are other things which make leaving sort of complicated, but you're all right that it's the best decision.

It really sucks because this is the best group I've ever played with when they're aren't being creeps. They're all really into really roleplaying and the stories are great. I genuinely have a good time when they're not being sexist and weird, but the way they've been taking agency away from my character and the situations have just been really awkward and uncomfortable as of late.
>>
>>55145925
>It really sucks because this is the best group I've ever played with when they're aren't being creeps. They're all really into really roleplaying and the stories are great. I genuinely have a good time when they're not being sexist and weird, but the way they've been taking agency away from my character and the situations have just been really awkward and uncomfortable as of late.
Tell them this.
>>
>>55145908

That's a single discipline, I'm talking like a whole order.

Wu Jen are these weird wizards that use Psy and are control

Looking at the disciplines for Awakened you'd think they'd be blasters, but their features aren't anything of the sort.
>>
>>55145925
>It really sucks because this is the best group I've ever played with when they're aren't being creeps. They're all really into really roleplaying and the stories are great. I genuinely have a good time when they're not being sexist and weird, but the way they've been taking agency away from my character and the situations have just been really awkward and uncomfortable as of late.
Tell them this. Best wishes.
>>
If I wanted to make a character that fights along side the ghost of a family member, how would I do it?
>>
>>55146026
Artificer
The ghost is in a robot
>>
>>55146026
Ancestors Barbarian, probably
>>
>>55145658
Talk to Group with a strong "what the fuck guys if this is how it's going to be I'm not continuing with this group".
>>
>>55145716
Provided the creature is capable of swimming, yes.
>>
>>55145807
mantle of courage lets you and up to 5 other people take an extra action to attack/dash/disengage for 1 round, but its concentration so it might not work with other stuff till you get psychic mastery

celerity lets you dash or weapon attack as a bonus action, but at that point you may as well just be a psiblade and this shuts down a lot of other combos without anything to deal with iit

nomadic arrow gives you a concentration effect where at the start of your turns a range/throw weapon does a range attack without using any actions at all

also you can just be a soul knife
>>
>>55146026
You could reflavor a ranger's animal companion.
>>
>>55146071

Not quite what I meant, I'm meaning as an actual creature that's either summoned or beside me.
>>
>>55145241

>PHB

uh

I'd like to say dwarves, gnomes, or halflings, but I rarely ever play them because of the bullshit 25 move speed.

God damn I hate this game. I end up playing elves half the time
>>
>>55145721
>https://www.reddit.com/r/Incels/
>>>/pol/
They very much exist, Anon.
>>
>>55146160

I thought /pol/ was completely ironic?
>>
>>55146098
not supported. you can refluff animal companion or find familiar. or you could go the necromancer route and take animate dead
>>
>>55146175
>Any community which gets its kicks by pretending to be idiots will be swarmed by actual idiots who believe they're in good company.
/pol/ hasn't been ironic for actual years. That's not to say everyone there is serious, but the ironic shitposters are way outnumbered now. They know they're talking with people who are serious, but prefer to think otherwise.
>>
>>55146091
This. Or say their spirit resembles an animal.
>>
>>55145746
>this shit just happened to my DM
I barely knew the guy but the people I know pretty well aren't that beat up about it
>>
File: 1497475371595.jpg (29KB, 415x485px) Image search: [Google]
1497475371595.jpg
29KB, 415x485px
>>55145241
I guess I fail at the hardmode, nothing outside of human has ever really appealed to me in any fantasy games. I suppose that's kind of strange now that I think about it, fantasy has been my favourite genre for a long time but I always, always play humans.

I guess if Human literally wasn't an option i'd probably pick Half-Elf or something.
>>
>>55146204
Might want to throw out being a cleric with spirit guardians could also work somewhat. But they have noted that they want it to be a controllable creature.

If that's the case I say either spirit animal or their spirit inhabits a suit of armor Full Metal Alchemist style with artificer.
>>
>>55146026
Convince one of the other players at the table to play a ghost.
>>
>>55145658
sent ;)
>>
>>55146204

Bah, I hope they make a summoner class eventually.
>>
>>55145658
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>55145658
Are you a female (girl) or female (boy)?
>>
>>55146257

England is my city.
>>
>>55146251
Summons are pretty much the worst unless you're fast at taking your turns. Which I'd probably argue 90% of players aren't.
>>
>>55145241
I really like dwarves, and they're definitely my favorite, but fuck me if starting with a feat isn't more fun
>>
>>55146246
Do I know you? I have no messages...

>>55145950
>>55146018
I'm going to, thanks.
>>
>>55146026
Noble, your retainers are the ghosts of your inlaws, forever nagging you.

You're questing to find out how the fuck to get rid of them.
>>
>>55146330
>Do I know you? I have no messages...
it's a meme
>>
>>55146026
Go with Cleric, you have spirit guardians, guardian of faith and spiritual weapon as spells which can easily be fluffed as a ghost fighting with you. If your group gets butthurt at the idea of a ghost swinging your spirit weapon they can get to fuck.
>>
>>55146360
They could also take magic initiate to get unseen servant and fluff it as the ghost doing shit for them. Mage hand being a ghostly hand, etc.
>>
File: dont do that.gif (3MB, 400x255px) Image search: [Google]
dont do that.gif
3MB, 400x255px
>>55146330
>Do I know you? I have no messages...
>>
>>55146026

You already know what to do
>>
>>55146360

That's actually closest to the idea, since they're also good at being martial.

War cleric with them would be good.
>>
>>55146227
Basically how I feel
Unless lizard man is on the table.
Than always lizard man.
>>
>>55146359
Well, I'm stupid. Thanks.
>>
>>55146402
I can do a really good australian accent, what class should I pair with a lizardman with this voice?
>>
>>55146437
Fighter
Name: Croc'Odil Dun'Dee
>>
I always play human, but reflavor it as something else which is super easy because of the free feat.
>>
>>55146437
A !not Steven Erwin that says "croc-y" instead of "crikey".

I do not take responsibility if the group kills you.
>>
File: barbarian.jpg (350KB, 727x989px) Image search: [Google]
barbarian.jpg
350KB, 727x989px
>>55145261
>>55145814
>only two half-orc bros

Damn, we're sparse.
>>
>>55145241
Dwarf!
>>
File: maid.jpg (107KB, 836x1500px) Image search: [Google]
maid.jpg
107KB, 836x1500px
I unironically like tieflings a lot.
>>
>>55146499
LIKE YOUR INFERIOUR RACE DESERVES TO BE

Actually, nevermind, you can stick around if you promise to help us remove all >>55146626
>>
>>55145241
Half-orcs.
>>
Half-orc flavored to look more human than orc but with a distinct and worrying inclination for violence and slaughter, to the point where people wonder if you're just an asshole rather than if your mother was a monstrous, screaming monster of a woman and your father was very, very brave.
>>
>>55146626
fart brimstone on my balls
>>
what is the racial relationship between goblins, hobgoblins, orcs, bugbears, trolls, giants and ogres(please mention all other races that fit in there) are they all offshoots and branches of one "family line" or are they their own thing?
>>
if a player is knocked unconscious by Finger of Death, and then fails their three saving throws and dies, is that considered getting "killed by the spell" for the purposes of the spell's zombie effect?
>>
>>55146712

If I recall, goblins, hobgoblins, and bugbears are all of the same "family line". I believe ogres are a smaller, smellier form of giant, and trolls are an especially small and weird form of giant. Pretty sure orcs are unrelated to any of those groups.
>>
>>55146730
I'd say no. It'd neat to instakill a character to do so.

It's really a player-oriented spell, best used against NPCs.
>>
>>55146712
Goblins, hobgoblins, and bugbears are related to each other, hence the blanket term "goblinoids" to refer to all of them. Trolls and ogres are distantly related to giants, as shown by their creature type of "giant." Orcs are not related to any of the preceding, but they can be interbred with ogres to produce orogs (orc father, ogre mother) or ogrillons (orc mother, ogre father, don't ask how.) Neo-orogs are a special kind of orog produced by the Red Wizards of Thay via some kind of weird slave eugenics program.
>>
>>55146712
Goblins are the canon fodder/scouting party, hobgoblins are the main force, orcs are the shock toop auxiliary
>>
aight

big sword pala or smaller sword and shield pala?
>>
>>55146712
>goblins, hobgoblins, bugbears
Related families, like komodo dragons, geckos, and frilled lizards. Hobgoblins were allegedly first, and may have had a hand in creating the latter two, rather than evolving along different lines and differentiating into them (or from a common ancestor).
>giants, ogres, trolls
Related family again, but giants are the original. The other two were birthed when various Giant god(desses) fucked things they really shouldn't have.
>orcs
Not related to any of these things. Literally from another fucking planet.
>>
>>55146845
Shield for the flavor, big sword for the optimization.
>>
>>55146712
Goblins, hobgoblins, and bugbears, are all goblinoids and "related." Orcs were created by Gruumsh and are their own separate thing. Ogres are rated the lowest on the ordning (giant caste system) and apparently will do anything a giant asks of it. Both ogres and trolls are "giant-kin" but they're the lowest of the low.

Despite all this, almost all of them can interbreed (and breed with humans, etc.) because Dungeons and Dragons.
>>
>>55146860
would big hammer also b a viable choice?
>>
>>55146712
>>55146814
The connection orcs have to the goblinoid races is that Gruumsh, the big orc god, blew the fuck out of the goblinoid gods and a lot are now his followers.
>>
>>55146895
If you're optimizing, only big sword. If you're flavoring, whatever the fuck you want man
>>
>>55146895
Yes, the two are practically identical rules-wise. Hammer is maybe even a little better because it works better on skeletons and oozes.
>>
>>55146910
what WHAT is different about them?
>>
>>55146943
He's forgetting that mauls exist and thinks that the only hammer is a warhammer.
>>
>>55145241
High elf, because I like playing a haughty arrogant motherfucker from time to time (plus free cantrip). When I want a normal down to earth kinda guy? Half elf.
>>
>>55146943
My mistake, it's big axe that is best. Greatswords and mauls are 2d6, which is slightly better damage unless you're a true cheesemaster who's gone Orc for Savage Attacks.

>>55146949
nigger i haven't touched a bladed weapon in five years
>>
>>55146993
why is axe the best wtf
>>
>>55146634
One of my half-orcs is married to a tiefling...
>>
>>55142871
Jesus is my town the only town with good AL players, am ai just bad at assesing people, It just feels like every decent game of D&D that I've played
>>
>>55147052
Greatsword is better average damage. Great axe is better when half orc because their racial, or BY MEMORY, barbarian - since their brutal critical adds another damage dice, but doesn't double the damage dice (so sword would add 1d6 while axe would add 1d12). But this is by memory and I may be wrong. Check wording of ability.
>>
>>55147052
Axe: 1d12
Sword: 2d6
Hammer: 2d6
Savage Attacks rerolls a single die. It adds d6 to Sword and Hammer, but a full d12 to Axe.
All of this flies out of the window if you're a V. Human memer, though.

Also, swords are gay.
>>
File: 1461893003253.png (430KB, 949x600px) Image search: [Google]
1461893003253.png
430KB, 949x600px
>>55147054
>>
>>55147105
Oh whoops. RIght. Savage attacks did that not brutal critical.
>>
Need advice and suggestions, friend wants to run a game in Neverwinter Nights setting and is opening up races from Volo's Guide to Monsters. I'm thinking about playing a Kenku wizard focusing on either divination or necromancy and I was wondering if anyone knew of a good sound effects library as well as any other suggestions.
>>
>>55147054

I'd laugh if their kid ends up getting all the human genes.
>>
>>55147157
>Keknu
>components: v
>>
>>55147165
Canonically the kids always end up tieflings, right?
>>
>>55145550
No, that's how all spells work. Mystic isn't different, they don't get pushed if they save
>>
>>55147115
Basically
>>
aight okay but if i take a big weapon my ac will be 16 that seems bad
>>
>>55147171
According to sage advice mimicry doesn't stop you from doing verbal components
or just have the wizards apprentice sage background
>>
>>55147171
Yes and as my friends pointed out, one can cast a spell in any language, be it common, draconic, or whatever so it's not the exact sound that matters but intent behind the sound so if I had an appropriate sound it could theoretically work for spellcasting. Plus the guy who would run thought that was fun as well.
>>
>>55145241
Halfling had always been my favorite. it's a really well designed race.
>>
Changes to Battlemaster (& other superiority fellas):
Add INT modifier to number of Superiority Dice
Can use INT modifier for DC instead of STR or DEX

Does this makes warrior philosophers viable?
>>
>>55147195

Do they? That would explain why there's still plenty around however long after their empire and the dragonborn empire destroyed each other.
>>
>>55147157
How about this

https://youtu.be/VjE0Kdfos4Y
>>
>>55147264
That was 4e.
>>
>>55147201
That's what I thought. Someone was arguing differently.
>>
>>55147345
Definitely going to use one of the calls as the character's laugh, that would be damn near unsettling.
>>
>>55147157
Only pick spells that other party members have also, or that you have seen other magic users cast.
bc canonically unoriginal
>>
Is Bladesinger a good multiclass for Bladepact Warlock?
>>
>>55147171
>As a Kenku, your verbal components are making the noise the spell makes
>FWOOSH for Fireball, cracking ice for Ray of Frost, Thunder crashing, etc etc
>>
>>55147550
No. It's better to just stick with that medium armor and shield. If you're looking to multiclass, paladin and sorcerer are the best options
>>
What are some good "gambling" spells for sorcerer that don't always have a specific effect but rather require additional rolls.
One's like prismatic spray, confusion, etc.
Or spells that give you a choice (that I could roll for myself to determine the spell).

This is for my gambling cat man. Any other spells I'll use to fill gaps with will be charms and illusions.
>>
best way in 5e to kill off THAT GUY as a player?
>>
>the guy who always goes first
Swashbuckler/bard
Alert feat, max dex, max cha, +18 to initiative rolls
>>
>>55147677
shoot him
>>
>>55147677
Does everyone in the group hate him, or just you?
If the former, why not simply tell him that you guys don't like playing with him, and he's no longer welcome?
>>
>>55147677
Make him kill himself with whatever sort of THAT GUY situation he is causing.
>I set this building on fire for no reason
Okay, roll a dexterity saving throw as something inside explodes sending fire and debris towards you. (The damage is always enough)
>I want to RAPE this npc xD
They were begging you to stop. Not just for their sake, but for yours. They had a horrible venerable disease. Roll a constitution saving throw.

Or just, you know, tell them to stop whatever it is they're doing like a mature adult or ask them to leave.
>>
>>55147606
Check out Chaos Bolt from UA Starter Spells
>>
>>55147779
I'd love to use it if my DM was cool with it.
Closest thing I've got is chromatic orb and rolling a d6 alongside it.
>>
>>55147579
>not perfectly mimicking the voice of whoever taught you to cast

In theory Kenku would make great blaster wizards since you only need to have an archmage speak the components to even the most complex spell and they'll remember it.
>>
>>55147799
Ask him my nigger
>>
Is this a good riddle for electrum

Its said that i am rarely forged and rarer born
Temples of ancient kingdoms do i adorn
My mother aglow with the sunlights boon
My father is the bane of the wolfs moon
As their child of course I'm half of her worth
But quintuple of his, to a bankers mirth
>>
>Mystic has a low cost ability where if you fail the save you have disadvantage on WIS saving throws for an entire turn
>They also have an ability that's essentially a weaker fireball where anything that doesn't save is disadvantage to ALL saving throws for an entire turn, which requires a wisdom save
>Because of ambiguous writing you might get the disadvantage even if you succeed at the save, because it only lists "you take half damage" as the penalty for failure
>Failing this they can just spam shadows as an equivalent to a second level spell and then take advantage of their many abilities that require strength saving throws to punch people off cliffs
>>
>>55147843
The Mystic is literally broken. And even if it wasn't, it's playtest material. A player should only be allowed to play it if the DM has the right to say "hold up now, this shit's OP, could you pick something else?"
>>
>>55147843
>>Because of ambiguous writing you might get the disadvantage even if you succeed at the save, because it only lists "you take half damage" as the penalty for failure
Nigger, you can't read for shit. When something says "on a successful save, X" you ONLY X. It specifically says what it does, and you suck.

>On a failed save, a target takes 6d8 psychic damage and suffers disadvantage on all saving throws until the end of your next turn. On a successful save, a creature takes half as much damage.
>>
>>55147878
The mystic isn't even powerful, its just an overly versatile tool set. It can't actually specialize in anything, it doesn't keep pace on damage or CC with the best options, and it has limited utility options outside of skills.
>>
>>55147878
>The Mystic is literally broken.
It has two powers that are missing what type of action they are, but it's incredibly obvious what it is, and literally everything the class does outside of a handful of features requires a saving throw or is a buff.

because of how PP works they also have less spells per day than any full caster of an equivalent level, too, unless they're willing to use the shitty versions of their abilities over and over (which gets them outdone by martials and warlocks)
>>
>>55145594
If you get them from high-end breeders, yes. But only until demihuman rights advocates get the practice banned as "cruel" and "inhuman."

>>55145629
Hold on to this feeling. We need as many willing DMs as possible.
>>
>>55147833
Only if you use electrum in your setting.
>>
File: nuclear warlord.png (42KB, 628x173px) Image search: [Google]
nuclear warlord.png
42KB, 628x173px
>>55147924
>>
If I want a death knight/martial necromancer, which is better? Death domain Cleric or Oathbreaker Paladin?
>>
>>55147902
Then why are there several mystic powers that specifically say you only do the non-damage effect if they fail the save? Or spells in core that have the same general writing as the example you posted, but you always receive the effect?
>>
>>55147945
>a literally level 20 fighter can roll lots of dice because of a mystic

ok
>>
>>55147952
There aren't. You seem to have a misunderstanding of how spells work in core, let alone in UA.
>>
>>55147969
It comes online at 5th level, where you can effectively double any martial's damage output every round for extended periods.
>>
>>55147924
>The mystic isn't even powerful
I didn't say it was powerful, I said it was broken. Abilities that don't behave as intended, unexpected synergies, lackluster values, etc.

>>55147934
>>55147833
Only if your players actually read the PHB.
They haven't
>>
Could use some help from other DMs.

I'm planning a boss encounter for my party, there's been a creepy illusionist following them around since they were level 1, and I think they're almost at the point where he's going to confront them for real. I've got this idea where the illusionist hides amongst several copies of himself, and the party has to swing and miss until they find the right one. It sounds cool to me, but I can see how it might be annoying as well.

Has anyone else run a similar encounter? Any advice or tips would be appreciated.
>>
>>55147978
You are spending an action to grant a specific action, and spending resources, PP and an allies reaction, to do so. You know what another, stronger option would be? Being another fighter.
You wouldn't be limited by PP, wouldn't spend your allies reaction, have TWICE the nova potential thanks to action surge, and have 2 bodies that needed disabled instead of 1 to be shut off.
>>
>>55147973
>Thunderwave:
>"On a successful save, the creature takes half as much damage and isn't pushed."
This is literally the standard in 5e. The other Anon is right.
>>
File: 1503975253244.jpg (53KB, 960x631px) Image search: [Google]
1503975253244.jpg
53KB, 960x631px
>>55147821
will do, my nigger
>>
>>55148019
A fighter isn't capable of all the other two dozen options you have at any given time.
>>
>>55147982
>>55147934
They know it since one of their last big treasure hauls was mainly electrum
Fuck does it come off like I'm trying to shoehorn it in everywear
>>
>>55148010
Sorta, I guess. My last campaign that ended around 16th level (long ass one) had a final arc of Cyric escaping his imprisonment by rebirthing himself once again as a mortal on the material plane.

His plan was to ascend once more, recover his Cyrinishad, and eliminate all other Gods who opposed him. Near his ascension, the players attempted to stop him. Considering his mantle of God of Deception, the fight was great.

Once of his actions was to create an illusion next to every single hostile creature near him. Everything had resistance to the damage the illusions did and the illusions were vulnerable to all damage types, but it became a huge clusterfuck for the players.

They seemed to enjoy the encounter though. Lots of problem solving and it made a single enemy very threatening.
>>
>>55148077
Nah you're fine.
>>
>>55148020
Not who you're arguing with.
And while that may be true, I'd like to see an example outside of the mystic abilities that have something akin to

>on a failed save they take full damage and x. On a success, they take half damage.

Seems to me like they just forgot to write it because mystic was poorly edited. But if there's example to counter this and it has been clarified to work that way, I'd like to see it. Because it doesn't explicitly say something doesn't happen doesn't seem like a good argument that it does happen.
I'd like to reiterate, that I do see your point and note the inconsistency with what is standard in 5e. My argument is that they just made a mistake.
I could be wrong, of course, but I don't want to sift through all spells to find an example.
>>
>>55148010
It could actually be fun if you design it right.
Forget everything you know about hit points. There are six images of the illusionist, and only one of them is the real guy. He doesn't use spells that originate from him, so the players don't have cues about his location from his casting. Images don't disappear when struck.
Once they hit the real dude, he swears loudly and teleports into one of the images at random... and now there are only five total. And they all look visibly injured. And he uses more powerful, more desperate spells.
Every time he's hit, he changes place and there's one fewer image. Describe how beat-up and injured he looks, so the players get a sense of progression. He gets easier to find each round but he uses more powerful attacks. Until eventually he teleports into the final illusion, and has no more defenses; then, the next blow will kill him.
Your players get a memorable and kick-ass boss battle and you don't have to keep track of hp. Win-win!
>>
>>55146626
Tieflings are great in the original planar context where they're fucked up mutts that have to role on a table at chargen that could give them goat legs, six fingers, and the inability to cast a shadow.

Red skinned people with horns and a tail are a bit less interesting.
>>
>>55148097
Uh, literally Fireball? Or almost any AoE spell?
>>
>>55148010
Whatever happens, the first attack will hit a clone, no exceptions. It loses all effect if they find the right one the first time.
I wouldn't give him more than 4 clones.
Make the clones have AC 10 + illusionists' dex mod. Like you would with a mirror image spell.
Allow him to cast as though he was one of the clones, similar to trickery cleric.
>>
>>55148097
I'm not arguing with anyone really, I just chimed in.
In general I agree with you - it was clearly a mistake. But >>55147902 >>55147973 seems to believe that it was intentional and is consistent with the rest of 5e, which it demonstrably isn't. I was just giving an example for that.
If there ARE examples in released material of "on a successful save, half damage" that doesn't add "and no other effects" I'd like to see it.
>>
>>55148125
I think you misunderstood me.
Fireball doesn't have a secondary effect, it's just damage. Discounting setting flammable objects on fire of course.

I'm talking about a spell, like thunderwave.
Say for instance, if thunderwave didn't say "and they aren't knocked back." Would you argue that they are? Presumably you would because you're saying it doesn't fit the design patterns.
And I'm saying that's exactly why I would argue otherwise, thinking it is simply a mistake in writing. Because I can't think of a spell that has a secondary effect that still occurs if the person passes their save without it explicitly saying so.
>>
>>55148077

My first ever 5E character was a Crossbow using Battlemaster that collected Electrum obsessively. I would have loved it
>>
>>55148148
>If there ARE examples in released material of "on a successful save, half damage" that doesn't add "and no other effects" I'd like to see it.
Yeah, me too. I think we're in full agreement.
This isn't the only time mystic has been written in ways that are inconsistent with previous design choices.
>>
>>55148195
You first character was a crossbow? Did you use warforged stats?
>>
>>55148124
>Red skinned people with horns and a tail are a bit less interesting
It depends what you do with them! In my setting, they're a separate species entirely, and closely linked to Aasimar.
Aasimar live in the plane of order, and are intrinsically tied to demiplanes that express concepts like "war," "civilization," or "school." Within each demiplane, every Aasimar has a specific role that defines their life a lot more strongly than the physical appearance of what they do. An Aasimar quartermaster might hand out swords every day, and then guns are invented, and the next morning he's handing out guns and doesn't even realize anything changed because really he's doing the same thing.
Tieflings are Aasimar who leave these demiplanes and lose their role and connections. They become frustrated and crave something they can no longer have, which leads to extreme behaviors that range from hedonism to ambition. They often rise quite high in society (legitimately and otherwise) and a high proportion become adventurers. But they can never go back to their home plane, because they no longer fit in.
You could argue that I'm not really using "tieflings" per se and I wouldn't disagree with you. My only point is that red skinned people with horns and a tail (and anger issues) can absolutely be interesting.
>>
>>55148221
Maybe he used the stats of the battlemaster he was using?
>>
I remember a discussion about Sorcerers using the Spell Point Variant and the idea of melding the Sorcerer and Spell Points together.

For any of those involved in that discussion, did you mean to use the Spell Points pool for both or to combine the total number and use that as a pool?
>>
>>55148260
In my setting Aasimar are just what mormons believe they are irl. But with actual powers.
Tieflings are what mormons believe black people to be. A race cursed by god(s).
>>
>>55148275
I thought he was a crossbow that used battlemaster.
>>
>>55148306
Can you actually read?
>>
>>55148306
Sure, but it's like a person that pilots a mecha - you'd use the stats for the mecha, right? Maybe the same concept applies here.
>>
>>55148317
These two are having fun at >>55148195's expense because that anon didn't put a hyphen between "Crossbow" and "using," which would be required to combine the words in an adjective phrase.
>>
>>55148260
So in your setting, tieflings and aasimar are actually a type of outsider, they're just less powerful than devas or demons?

I personally prefer the usual fucked up lineage stuff, but whatever gets your noggin joggin.
>>
>>55148318
Oh I see. I suppose that would make sense.
At least when it comes to calculating AC.
Or would the AC stack? Usually AC doesn't stack.
>>
>>55148346
Basically. If you go further into the plane of order, you do get demons, so in a sense they are the more "human-like" relatives of demons, which isn't too far from the original lore.
My setting emphasizes order and chaos over good and evil, so beings cut off from their race's connection to cosmic order are interesting to explore. And it leads to basically the personality traits most people associate with tieflings.
>>
>>55148375
No, the crossbow would probably use the battlemaster's AC calculation. It's probably better than whatever it would have on its own.
>>
>>55148338
You need that only if you're a retard and can't understand English.
>>
>>55148288
I've long used the following
>combined spell/sorcerer point pool, added together
>spell progression as normal for spell levels 1-5
>continue gaining points as suggested by variant total even past that
>you can upscale to level 6-9 slots at appropriate level, no daily limit
>you learn a single level 6-9 spell at the appropriate level, mimicking warlock progression

This accomplishes
>Sorcerers gain their own niche, the dual ability to spam low level spells at a significantly increased rate, or to nova their spell points on upscaled spells late game
>they don't get a wide breath of spells, but focus more heavily on those they pick as they level. You might see a 9th level fireball, something that will never happen on a wizard.
>it accomplishes an increase in power and utility without giving expanded variety of spells, something often suggested for sorcerer fixes, but something i feel overlaps too much with wizards without defining sorcerers.
>>
File: panic.gif (407KB, 400x230px) Image search: [Google]
panic.gif
407KB, 400x230px
>big tourney in the capital city to celebrate the solstice
>DM made the calendar a long time ago; our being in the capital for it was a nice coincidence
>the PCs and practically half the named NPCs we've ever met in this two-year campaign turn out to either participate or spectate
>one of the entrants is a mysterious black knight who no one seems to know the identity of
>we're wary at first but ultimately just chalk it up to the DM fucking with our genre expectations
>PC matchups are pretty brutal but we all make it three rounds deep
>no long rests allowed so we're all pretty spent by this point
>already resigned myself to losing my next fight since it's against a literal living legend but excited nonetheless
>fighter PC manages to defeat black knight against everyone's expectations
>after collapsing for a few seconds, she suddenly rises again with glowing red eyes and begins threatening the leader of the crusade
>it's the king's daughter, possessed by a suit of cursed armor
>she summons a fucking shitstorm of undead
>the cult whose shadow we've been chasing for the entire campaign launched their attack while all the greatest warriors in the country were exhausted from beating the shit out of each other
>>
File: what.gif (2MB, 340x205px) Image search: [Google]
what.gif
2MB, 340x205px
>>55148405
>notices obscure grammar mistake that the writer didn't even realize they made
>retard and can't understand English
>>
>>55148388
That makes sense. But would the crossbow require mounted combatant to force attacks to target the battlemaster?
>>
>>55148405
>t. pedro
>>
>>55148457
Sorry, you're a retarded pedant.
>>
>>55148463
No, it's the other way around - Mounted Combatant would allow the crossbow to redirect attacks from the battlemaster to itself.
Personally, I'd never use that feature. Don't make sense what your mount is sturdier than you are.
>>
>>55148521
Oh fuck you're right. i should read the fucking book, nigga.
>>
>>55145241
If they did Eastern adventures again what races you would like to be added?
>>
>>55148546
kitsune
>>
If you're eating evil souls, known evil souls, does that still make you evil?
>>
File: FunnyBlackManMeme.png (72KB, 711x798px) Image search: [Google]
FunnyBlackManMeme.png
72KB, 711x798px
>>55148529
Yes, you should, especially if you're going to run wacky builds. It's important to know the rules well before playing around with them.
>>
>>55148566
Detaining souls from departing into the afterlife is about as abominable as an act can be.
>>
What are some solid magic items for a Sorcerer?
>>
When do you guys feel like its a good time to multiclass into Sorcerer as a Paladin? I'm currently sitting at level 5 and debating if I should do it at 6 or wait a bit
>>
>>55148605
But these are also abominable souls.
>>
>>55148668
Moar smite
>>
>>55148668
If you're at 5, get to 6.
Aura is too powerful to skip over.
>>
>>55148692
Alright, that does make a lot of sense. Thanks!
>>
>>55147345
>Not posting the better version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOFy8QkNWWs
>>
>>55148673
then they're probably full of calories and you shouldn't be eating them you fucking fat ass
>>
>>55148740
I work out, you literal fat ass.
>>
>>55148775
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE0B-LTWXfo
>>
File: fuckinkiddinme.png (76KB, 165x266px) Image search: [Google]
fuckinkiddinme.png
76KB, 165x266px
What do you think of this character concept, /5eg/?

>Half-Orc Sailor
>Straight man, no fun at parties
>When his boat capsized a mischievous fey by the name of Puck, offered him a second chance if he'd serve him
>Gave him a few seconds to decide between life and the void beyond death
>He chose life
>Has, begrudgingly, become a warlock
>Puck forces the joyless sop to travel and see the world or be tossed into the middle of ocean to drown
>Also commands him to make friends
>His face throughout his adventures
>>
File: wizard.jpg (68KB, 640x840px) Image search: [Google]
wizard.jpg
68KB, 640x840px
>>55148673
Then let them receive their eternal reward, serving as their abominable gods' onaholes or whatever. These are not matters in which mortals are meant to tinker.
>>
>>55148790
Noice.
>>
What's a good name for a religion/cult devoted to the element of Earth? I don't want to steal Cult of the Black Earth from PotA, especially because these guys aren't evil, just weird.

They worship dao, earth elementals, and galeb duhr through nonlethal blood sacrifices that keep them fed, don't bathe regularly to get "closer to the dirt," but are still rather wholesome, friendly people.

"Territes" is all I have, and that sounds like shit.
>>
>>55148816
That's fucking great, I love it.
>>
>>55148816
Looks like a ton of fun. three's a ton of potential, have fun anon!
>>
>>55148816
You better have mask of many faces and the friends cantrip.
>>
>>55148816
I like it. Will you be open to making friends and character development?
>>
File: QsjBcUv.png (463KB, 698x565px) Image search: [Google]
QsjBcUv.png
463KB, 698x565px
>>55148816
>fey named Puck
>spends most of his life on a boat
>gruff and no fun allowed
Congrats on making Guts.
>>
>>55148816
I definitely like it in theory. The problem I foresee is that this isn't really how a high-charisma character acts. Charismatic people are impactful, socially-speaking, and tend to have a strong sense of self and purpose.
>>
>>55148832
Or "Clayans," but that's shit too.
Captcha: Anderson Vanderbilt. Sounds like a robber baron.
>>
Best way to be controller of plant life while still being able to do something when plants aren't around?
>>
>>55147255
I'd do it except for that Int instead of Str/Dex. That's a little too weird. Fighter being MAD doesn't really matter with how many ASIs they get, and more superiority dice for the price of becoming MAD is good enough of a trade anyway.
>>
File: 435342543.png (644KB, 703x1520px) Image search: [Google]
435342543.png
644KB, 703x1520px
How do I build the legendary hero Edgardo in 5e?
>>
>>55148991
Except it's not "more superiority dice for the price of becoming MAD," since the int bonus to dice is a pure bonus with no drawbacks if you don't take it. It's a direct upgrade to the fighter archetypes that needs it least.
The int to saves actually gives a tradeoff and makes the fighter more MAD with the reward of more superiority dice.
The increased number of dice could be a balance issue, but I don't know the archetype well enough to comment on that.
>>
>>55149068
Re-read what I wrote because I was agreeing with you.

Potentially doubling their resources seems a little unbalanced but they do have to spend around four or five ASIs for it so I'd say it's fair enough.
>>
>>55149123
Oh, I see. I thought you meant "good trade" in the sense of "balanced," but you meant it as "appealing" because it's pure goodness. Gotcha.
>>
File: Your Team.gif (253KB, 450x282px) Image search: [Google]
Your Team.gif
253KB, 450x282px
>>55148878

He will have to be. It might take a moment, but that gruff exterior will wear away eventually. Maybe late night campfire talks or the middle of the battle brotherhood stuff.

>>55148887

I'm glad I haven't watched berserk. I'm much less ashamed.

>>55148891

That's what I wondered for a bit too. But I came to the revelation that while he isn't a well-spoken Thespian he is a common man.
Understanding how the average Joe gets through the day makes him easier to relate to. He's big, tough, scary looking, working man. He has the social presence of a bouncer rather than a socialite.
>>
>>55149160

>I'm glad I haven't watched berserk. I'm much less ashamed.

You don't watch Berserk, friend, you read it. And you really should, it's quite good.
>>
>>55149244

Now I am ashamed.
>>
>>55149244
i've added behelits in my game. they're how Cyric feeds in his prison
>>
>>55145169
>butthurt pally arsonist

So like, he has a history of burning down houses in vengeance?

>>55145709
>It managed to take absolutely zero actions before dying to our Level 14 Party
>level 14

Were you guys disgustingly minmaxed or was it just a big party?
>>
>>55148457

Hi

I'm the guy that wrote the original statement. I have been on 4chan long enough to not particularly care about the extended argument that developed. Just throwing my 2 Electrum in ya know
>>
>there are idiots actually posting in the other /5eg/ thread made by some retard
>>
>>55147833
My first guess would have been silver
>>
"I am very sorry to announce that I have to cancel this campaign. I will be shutting down OrcPub.com and OrcPub2.com very soon as well. I may reuse the infrastructure to support other games, we'll see. Sorry about any inconvenience this causes, I hope everyone understands I had nothing but good intentions, to help grow and strengthen the 5e community. I poured my heart and soul into OrcPub and received very little in return. Sorry, I should have mentioned this is due to legal issues. I don't want to go into more detail because I don't want to open myself to further issues."
>I poured my heart and soul into OrcPub and received very little in return.

Damn, this autist is very passive aggressive.
>>
>>55150075
>Volo's Guide races and content available literally on the front page
>started a Kickstarter campaign for it
What did he think would happen?
>>
>>55150075
Making money off someone else's IP without a license, what a piece of shit.
>>
>>55150075

This sucks if only because I used the OrcPub2 character creator a lot. It made things really easy.
>>
>>55150075
>>55150091
>>55150092
>>55150212
But that could've been done and operated within legal confines without breaching laws and infringing on copyright.
I mean how fucking idiotic can you get?
"Web app without OrcPub Elite and with ads: free

OrcPub Elite (unlimited cloud storage, ad-free, and exclusive content on both Web app and native mobile app): $2.99/month

Basic App with SRD, ads, and limited local creation storage: free Base App with SRD, ad-free, and unlimited local creation storage: $4.99 PHB: $3.99 DMG: $3.99 MM: $3.99 EE: $2.99 SCAG: $2.99 VGM: $1.99 COS: $0.99 UA Revised Class Options: $1.99 UA Revised Subclasses: $1.99 UA Feats for Races: $1.99 UA Feats for Skills: $1.99 UA Starter Spells: $2.99 UA Trio of Subclasses: $1.99 UA Wizard Revisited: $1.99 UA Mystic: $2.99 UA Warlock and Wizard: $1.99 UA Sorcerer: $1.99 UA Ranger and Rogue: $1.99 UA Artificer: $1.99 UA Paladin: $1.99 UA Monk: $1.99 UA Fighter: $1.99 UA Druid: $1.99 UA Cleric: $1.99 UA Bard: $1.99 UA Barbarian: $1.99 UA Revised Ranger: $1.99 UA The Faithful: $1.99 UA Feats: $1.99 UA Gothic Heroes: $1.99 UA Kits of Old: $1.99 UA That Old Black Magic: $1.99 UA Underdark: $1.99 UA Prestige Classes: $1.99 UA Ranger: $1.99 UA Modern Magic: $1.99 UA Awakened Mystic: $1.99 UA Waterborne Adventures: $1.99 UA Eberron: $1.99 Planeshift Amonkhet: $1.99 Planeshift Kaladesh: $1.99 Planeshift Innistrad: $1.99 Planeshift Zendikar: $1.99"

I mean, why the fuck would you do that? How the fuck did they think they were going to get away with that?
>>
>>55150329
That can't be real
Holy shit
>>
>>55150492
Not to mention that he kept coming in here shilling it every fucking thread once Beyond launched. Good lord that was obnoxious.
>>
>Play in a group online for a full year
>Pure chat, no one knows each other IRL
>Suddenly someone asks if people is up for a talk
>Say I don't have a mix
>3 out of 5 joins the call, the rest of us listen in
>They want to meet up, and hang out. Small country, so it is not a problem with distance, and we can hit it up during a weekend. One of them has a small cabin with more than enough room for 5 people
>We can game and make dinner and everything
>Sounds super fun
>but I am a chick
>and no one knows this yet.
What do? It sounds fun, but I am somewhat worried about meeting 4 people I have never even seen, and only heard talking once.

Also somewhat afraid of them either;
1. Being super pissed at me not being upfront about it
2. Acting either super creepy, or extremely awkward.

Do I just abandon ship, or do I hope foe the best? I wish I could crossdress, but I am not cutting my hair for that, and I will at best look like a turbofaggot, but more likely than not, they'll know instantly when they see me.
>>
>>55150502
He did? What happened?
>>
>>55150604
Don't go to a fucking cabin with strangers holy shit, even if you were a man. Meet up in a public place, see how things go when you're in a crowd before going to potential Rape Cabin.
>>
>>55150604
Don't go somewhere remote with strangers, at least meet up in a public place. Especially if you value your safety.

Are they normal or autistic?
>>
>>55150645
The idea is to meet at a cafe in the city for a cup of coffee, before heading out there. So not exactly showing up in the woods by myself.

And you cant really game in public places generally. Not around here, anyway.
>>
I've heard tales of Psionic shenanigans. How reliable are they?
>>
>>55150673
They seem somewhat normal.

At least, far more normal than /tg/, even if that is probably not a good comparison.

Not exactly the most mature people in the world, but at least they seem like normal individuals. Text only makes it harder to judge, though.
>>
>>55150674
How about you all meet somewhere public and stay there. Even a hotel would be preferable.
>>
>>55150706
You don't even know what they are like outside of text and the call? Nah, don't meet them anywhere remote, that's a retarded idea. Get them all to meet up somewhere public and stay there, like a hotel or a bar or something.

You need to get a feel how people are like face to face first before agreeing to anything like that.
>>
>>55150742
>>55150715
Why do I just feel like they'll either think I am super autistic (which is probably not far from the truth to be honest), or act offended about me acting afraid of them.

Eh, might just skip out on it, at least the first time. See if everybody survives the weekend, and then suggest a movie or something for the next one.

A hotel honestly sounds worse than a remote cabin.
>>
>>55150850
It's okay to act super cautious, you're not offending anyone but you're guaranteeing your safety.

Up to you, even cafes, bars would be good, you just want to chat.

At least the hotel is with other people. And you have staff keeping an eye on things.
>>
File: mr.jpg (32KB, 208x250px) Image search: [Google]
mr.jpg
32KB, 208x250px
>>55150674
Come to my house, I swear I'm legit.

In my Magical Realm, I have puppies and chocolate
>>
>>55150985
I just want to play D&D, and I get the feeling that wouldn't happen.

>>55150879
Have You tried playing D&D at a hotel? Legitimately curious, I am far too socially awkward to have had the chance, but considering hoe our games usually go (Killing demons and possessed townspeople, shapeshifters using the visage of children to make killing them a "moral issue", Cthulhu shenanigans) them I can't imagine the hotel staff would let us stick around for long, before throwing us out for being creepy.

I could be wrong, but I just cant imagine doing this hobby in public among normies.
>>
>>55151016
Hotel worker here, we've hosted nudist conventions, jugallos during a local concert, businesses, wedding entourages, pro golfers during a local tournament, airline crew
and we basically have a don't ask, don't tell policy with prostitutes
As long as you pay for the space, don't harm other guests, and don't destroy our property then you're pretty much on your own. We can set up and break down play space of you wanted.
>>
>>55147724
>They had a horrible venerable disease.
Good thing I am a Paladin then!
>>
>>55150604
Like everyone else said--entirely separate from your being female, it's just fuckin dumb to go with people you hardly know to a remote location.
Well, not that I haven't done exactly that, but...
Anyway, it's probably a bad idea. You really ought to consider just hanging out casually before trying to set up an in-person game night.
Or, y'know, just get some casual boardgames or something. And booze, presumably, since that is the best social help awkward autists can hope for.
Obligatory
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>55151046
Oh... huh, I need to get out more.

Thanks, might suggest that then.
>>
>>55151046
My experience working security suggests to me that the most irritating to deal with of all of those would be the pro golfers, right?
>>
>>55151060
>L O N D O N
>O
>N
>D
>O
>N
I have seen this posted a few times now, and I still have no using idea what this is.

Is this some newfangled shitmeme?
>>
>>55151063
Any decent hotel (not MOtel, HOtel) makes money by being nice to people. That's literally our job, to just be as nice as possible. You pay out the butt for it, but we'll set up a game space, set up AV equipment, cater snacks and meals, and probably ask you to come back again for your next session.
>>
>>55151060
>booze
That... sounds like a pretty terrible idea, unless we really are in the middle of a lot of other people, and even then, getting drunk when I have barely touched alcohol before, seems unlikely to improve the scenario.
>>
>>55151067
They basically just slept here, they were gone for their entire stay and ready to just crash when they got back. The worst people are the ones that use Expedia to book reservations. I don't know what it is, but anyone who books third party is almost guaranteed to think we owe them the world when they're barely covering the cost of the room. The airline crews are usually the rudest. They have an inflated self worth because they make "30 dollars an hour" and fail to realize I make more money than them because I get more than 100 hours a month. They're all the equivalent of sorority girls and gay frat boys, it's insane.
>>
>>55150604
How about you stop being a massive sexist

unless those guys are black

Also y'all are probably all secretly women
>>
>>55151073
It's fairly old now.
Basically some thirsty beta on /fit/ asked one (or several?) girls if they were in London
It quickly became a running gag that any time someone admits to being female, you are required to post "London" in the proper formatting.
It's one of the silliest memes in recent memory.

>>55151096
So don't get drunk?
I find it amazing how people online seem to think the only possible options are "stone sober" or "totally wasted"
Having a beer or two with friends is nice.
I never understood the appeal of being full-on drunk, regardless of circumstances.
>>
>>55151096
The key is to not get drunk, just to have a drink or two. Retain motor function and logic, but lower your inhibition juuuust a bit. Alcohol in moderation is basically a +2 CHA potion. It just makes it easier to talk to people, easier to enjoy humor, and easier to connect. Getting shit faced makes you look stupid, but there's nothing wrong with a drink or two. Try some hard cider. Angry orchard red apple is deliciously sweet and just a hair stronger than a regular beer.
>>
>>55151132
I can top that.
I used to do nothing but shitpost at work with my feet up on a desk and chase spooky noises and strange apparitions around at night in a haunted-ass building.
Security is a really fun gig, if you can do it at the right sort of place.
>>
>>55151176
I worked overnight security at the hotel. We have a haunted room that will call the front desk around the same date every year, arly in the fall. Looking forward to it.
>>
Guys.

My GM allowed my Rogue to pick expertise in a single weapon. I didn't request it, he just thought it was fitting.

So... that means double proficiency with a weapon of choice. That seems pretty insane.

What weapon should I choose? Just hand crossbow? Expertise with SS and Crossbow Expert sounds stupidly overpowered.
>>
>>55151252
Yes. Teach him not to do things without thinking them through.
>>
>>55151276
I thought of going for something more fun but generally less optimal, but I am not sure what. Maybe ask if I can get Whip proficiency on top of expertise to get that Belmont character going I always wanted.

I ist cant help but feel this is going to break the game at some point in the future. Only level 3, so +2 from expertise is good, but not broken (same as archery after all.) But when we get to +4 or +5... even worse if I MC into Ranger as planned and grab said archery feat.

Then I can get, what, +19 to hit at late game levels?
>>
>>55145241
>race
Why humans, elves. orcs, ogres, etc can crossbreed? Different species can't produce an offspring. If a dog fucks a cat there won't be a half-dog half-cat.
>>
>>55151365
magic
>>
>>55151365
It started with based Tolkien where humans and elves could crossbreed. D&D took it a few steps forward and now everyone can be an edgy half-thing!
>>
>>55151365
Potentially, orangutans and humans can crossbreed. We have the same number of chromosomes and the same meiosis cycle. It may not produce viable offspring, but it could at least result in pregnancy. Horses and donkeys can crossbreed, they are different species. As can lions and tigers. The thought is that while orcs and humans and elves (oh my) are genetically different enough to be a different species, they are genetically similar enough to interbreed.
>>
>>55151176
>>55151220
What ghost stories can you tell us? Might even be good as game inspiration.
>>
File: wizards.png (13KB, 201x234px) Image search: [Google]
wizards.png
13KB, 201x234px
>>55151365
>If a dog fucks a cat there won't be a half-dog half-cat.
You tell that to the wizards.
>>
>>55151016
Nah, we usually game at each other's houses. A hotel is kinda like that in a way and you don't have to clean up after yourselves. I meant renting a room together and playing in there, or there could be a common room for you all to go to.

Anyone who has an imagination and has creativity isn't a normie, good luck.
>>
>>55151573
Eh, suggested the hotel thing, sounded reasonable.

Doesn't cost as much as I feared anyway, but the reaction to the cost made me worry. I am 24, IT developer, and has a nice salary. I am not so sure my gaming buddies are just as well off, or if they are even old enough to have a job, so that's another problem I hadn't considered.

Hurray for my autism.
>>
>>55151016
>>55151573
Actually, if there's a uni or college near you just go there. There's usually an rpg club and you can grab a room from them, and you don't have to socialize with the autists in the club.
>>
>>55151534
The problem with the stories from the place I did security for--incidentally also a hotel, but a private one not available to the public--is that they sound so much like bullshit that I wouldn't believe them if I heard them from someone else, either.

For example, there was one room there that, every once in a while, would have silhouettes on the wall that weren't cast by any person. Since, as security, you check into a dark room from a lit hallway, your shadow would be cast on the wall alongside them. If you mimed at them with your shadow, they'd react. I used to offer them 'handshakes' and bow and stuff, and got what looked like intelligent and purposeful reactions every single time, without fail.

There was a lot of weird stuff about that place.
>>
>>55151614
No worries, it's good to socialize with people irl, but I probably do that too much lol. In any case if you're worried about the cost, I've also suggested unis >>55151620

And good luck!
>>
>>55151252
No, you imbecile.
Pick Thief as your type if you haven't already.
Choose "Improvised" as your Expertise weapon, and then point out to your DM that "Improvised" is a thing you can be given proficiency in thanks to your having taken the Tavern Brawler feat.

Then take Sharpshooter and run around burning peoples faces off with acid, thrown with pinpoint accuracy, regardless of the cover they take. Fun for the whole family!

Oh, plus all the other hilarious things you can do with tavern brawler.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx1XhlPIeEM

Teach the people of the world to fear the world.
>>
>>55151621
That's pretty fucking cool. Have you ever been worried about your safety when alone?

Also I'll be grabbing that haunting as an idea for a horror game. Cheers.
>>
>>55151637
Oh no, I wasn't worried at all. The oher players sounded like it was terribly expensive. The equivalent of 40$ per person for a full day, with a fruit bowl and water bottles.
>>
>>55151649
I worked there for like 3 years, and the place only frightened me one time.
I saw some shit that looked like a monster one time, which is all well and good, but it had like... an aura of menace? I used to always have trouble understanding what supernatural /magical fear effects in D&D were meant to be like, until then. That shit was supernaturally scary. Instant, animal-instinct fight or flight response.

One of the most common weird things there, and the least frightening, was the apparition I called "the lady" because... it was a lady. She looked to be a twenty-ish year old white girl, a bit thin but not unhealthy looking, with long dark hair and wearing a white down with blue spots on it. The weird part was that, sort of like how it works in a dream, she had a face but you couldn't see it. Like... you know it's there, it has the IDEA of a face, but there ISN'T one. Does that make sense? It's like her looks were erased from memory in real-time. She had straight-up orange eyes though, which I always thought was cool and spooky. You could basically hear her every night. Bare feet on the carpet, always just around the next corner (because those hallways had a lot of blind corners)
When she appeared visibly, she always appeared very openly, too. None of that corner-of-the-eye, I-thought-I-saw nonsense. Dozens and dozens of times she would show up, plain and real looking (aside from the no-face thing) in a lit hallway. I used to talk to her when she showed up, but she never said anything in response. She didn't give off a threatening feeling or anything. If anything, she seemed curious and a little skittish. There's one story about the time she held a door on me, which was the only time I ever saw her physically move something, if you want to hear that one.
>>
>>55151689
I mean if you're worried about the others not being able to shoulder the bill, you might as well all go to a uni if there's one around you all, and then you could bring your own snacks.
>>
File: 1491512338928.jpg (92KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1491512338928.jpg
92KB, 640x640px
>Set up an adventure with a group of level 1 peeps.
>They travel through a portal to another realm.
>Search through a forest they end up in
>They attack everything on sight, and keeps calling the adventure (that I hadn't named yet) "Through the Nightmare portal", because the monsters are all homebrew freakish monsters of Cthulhuesque nature I found online.
>Most of the monsters they attack run, ans aren't actually hostile, just curious of the new species that appeared.
>I unintentionally made a horror campaign
Anyone got some good pictures of horrifying monsters that could be interpreted as nice and friendly?
>>
>>55151689
Also your game sounds pretty fucking cool not gonna lie.
>>
>>55151614
Business focused hotels will have a meeting room that you can rent. Ours is a 43 occupancy room that has two sliding doors that open outside the building,4 AC units, a projector, a white board, and counter space for snacks and drinks. Enough space for probably 4 full size war gaming tables.
>>
>>55151709
Other hotel anon. Our haunting is a little more physical. The phone rings at the same time every night, usually four times or so. First it rings the restaurant, hangs up, then rings the front desk. If you answer all you can hear is static. I once kept the phone off the hook to keep it on the line and had the person on the desk listen to it. I went into the room that had called the front desk and picked up the phone. It imediately went to a dial tone as though the line had never been open and the line at the front desk went dead.
>>
>>55151709
That's honestly very fascinating, thanks very much for sharing!
Did you think the lady was a ghost or something else entirely? And those descriptions you're giving emotions you're feeling are also extremely helpful.

Your lady seemed pretty friendly though, maybe she was lonely.
>>
>>55151956
That's honestly very spooky, thanks very much also for sharing!
You know when I clicked reply to you, your message number was repeated three times? That was strange.

Maybe there's someone or something wanting to dial in but never able to?
>>
>>55151918
Equip your units with armor, 4 AC is way too low.
>>
>>55151968
I figured the same. That's the main reason I always made it a point to talk to her, even though I got a literal blank-faced look every time.
As for if she was a ghost or whatever, I wouldn't dare to speculate. Up until I started experiencing it myself I would've laughed at you if you told me ghosts are a thing, and now I'm not so sure. I'd like to think I'm rational and scientific, but all I can say for now is that it's something beyond my understanding. If I were pressed, I'd say it seems like a ghost, but for all I know it could have been an infinite number of things.
The most fascinating thing about her is that she was literally untouchable. Once I actually took my phone out and took a picture of her--this is relatively recent, mind you. It was a modern smartphone so this isn't some old-timey, takes-forever thing. The photo came out with a perfectly ordinary empty hallway, and she didn't disappear or anything. She just stood there, still except for the faint motion of breathing.
The other funny thing about it is how, after a while, it became really mundane. Like... I'd be patrolling a hallway, see a faceless woman, and then... just keep walking toward her, making casual conversation as I look AWAY from the faceless ghost and check rooms. Sometimes I'd hear her run around when I looked away, but never directly toward me. Sometimes close by, like she ran to the other side of me, but sometimes she'd still be visible when I looked back, if in a different place.
The story I mentioned before, about how she stopped a door on me... right, at this place there were these big AC units on various floors used to keep the big ol' place properly cooled, right? As part of our normal safety check and as a favor to the maintenance guys, we'd poke our head in and check to make sure they aren't icing up when we were on patrol, so that the maint. guys didn't have to keep going and checking them.
>>
What the fuck. This thread turned out to be really comfy.
>>
>>55152031
Not him but would definitely like to hear it.
5eg you amaze me sometimes.
>>
>>55152095
Trolls are asleep I guess.

Speaking of comfy;

I am a bit burned out with my usual games of DPT races, min maxing and optimisation. I need a comfy class to fool around with while everybody destroys the opposition our GM throws at us.

Any good suggestions? I am thinking of a side-kick/squire like character, but I cant quite decide on something. My brain keeps trying to think of optimal choices.

Something that is fun, but doesn't have to contribute to combat, essentially.
>>
File: 1428802650835.jpg (4MB, 3731x2309px) Image search: [Google]
1428802650835.jpg
4MB, 3731x2309px
>>55152031
It's really interesting to hear about benign entities rather than scary or creepy ones. How long did it take before you felt comfortable around her? Surely it must've been disconcerting having her never reply to you right?
>>
>>55152031
>>55151968
So I went in there as normal to check the AC unit and give a quick glance around to make sure nothing was amiss. All groovy, standard stuff, so I went to leave. The outside door, between the storage room and the hallway, had one of those... what do you call them? The pneumatic gizmos with the little mechanical arm that makes a door swing closed on it's own. Because of that, I had gotten into the habit of turning off the light, stepping out of the door, and waiting for it to swing closed before giving it a quick tug to properly set the latch, since the little gizmo didn't close it with enough force to properly latch it.

So this particular night I hadn't seen the lady yet so I figured she wasn't going to show up the whole night, which isn't unusual. This time though, I turned off the light, stepped out the door and waited. No wood-on-wood rubbing sound, no light click. The door never closed.

So I turn around, and it's held open maybe an inch or so. Four fingers are wrapped around the door, holding it open just below the handle. Right above the door handle, inside where the light didn't quite fall, there's just an eye with an orange iris there, faintly luminous. Either glowing or reflecting the light, something like that.

The thing is, the storage room and AC unit room were not crowded with junk or large. It is literally impossible to miss something person-sized, so...?

Anyway, I'm standing with my hand two inches from a spooky ghost and we're in this awkward moment where we just sort of stare at each other. And I mean, it felt awkward, not frightening. Like there was a mutual uncertainty about how to proceed. I'm pretty sure the door was held on impulse and we were sort of stuck, so I just uh... I apologized to the ghost.
I said "Oh, sorry, I uh... didn't mean to disturb you."

There was a quick beat pause and the door closed fully.
To this day I regret not asking her to give me her hand though. Probably wouldn't have happened but...
>>
>>55152218
>>55152031
Thanks heaps for sharing! Lay out some flowers for her, bro.
>>
>>55152201
Ehh, I don't know. Third appearance or so?
I consider myself a serious skeptic but I've always been one of those people who sees weird stuff. People with a more superstitious bent say it's some kind of special gift or something, but I doubt it. I think I'm just naturally observant in the normal, physical sense and it leads to me noticing weird shit from time to time.
>>
>>55152238
Well, I can't, actually. The building has been closed up and I got laid off. I didn't even get a last walk-around that old place, since I was laid off over the phone with no warning.
It's a real shame, honestly.
Again, I have no idea what it would do or mean, but I would've asked the lady to come with me.
I'm not sure if she was a ghost or whatever, but she did seem kind of lonely and it's not like I'm bothered by her. She could lurk around my house or something, I wouldn't mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>55152298
She's behind you.
>>
>>55152176
Like most of the best things in 5e, it's all about flashy.
My favorite thing I ever did for that was a Bard/Monk.
I played a Jester. She didn't wear the full costume while adventuring, but she did have a simplified version of the facepaint going and dressed a bit flashy even when dungeon crawling. She had the Open Hand Monk and the Lore Bard. Her expertise skills were Acrobatics, Athletics, Perform and... Deception I think?
Anyway, in a typical combat when I did unarmed attacks with Open Hand Monk, it'd get fluffed as her like... jumping on people and throwing them around, or knocking people down by sliding between their legs and pulling them out from under them. Basically half Catwoman, half Bugs Bunny. Sort of a Drunken Master thing.

She was a hoot to roleplay, especially in a combat. That kind of concept made it really easy to make my decisions based on roleplaying and fun instead of efficiency.

Also the DM loved the creativity, so even though I was never doing the optimal thing it usually went pretty well. Really pissed the minmaxer off too, because doing 80 bajillion damage to one guy only made the GM fill the battles with mooks that I'd throw into other mooks, or slide under the legs of like three dudes and trip them all with a rope.
I think once I also Sickened some major boss by charging up to him, slipping on an imaginary banana peel and kicking him in the jollies.

It wasn't entirely shenanigans, of course. She was a fairly well-rounded character and a real martial artist with a real training regimen. People kept being surprised by her dedication IC, which was really gratifying to me as a player.
The sillier parts make a better story though.
>>
>>55152358
You can't really spook me like that, friend. She used to follow me around all the time.
Honestly I miss that place. If I heard those footsteps again I'd be happy.
>>
File: 1429197769025.jpg (571KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1429197769025.jpg
571KB, 1920x1080px
>>55152298
Anon that's cute and kind of heartbreaking
>>
>>55152423
Bard does seem like a solid choice. Foregoes all that "selecting spells every day" while still being fairly great at utility and non-combat shit.

Monk would be fun to play as a Jackie Chan expy. Slapping people with chairs, alemugs, plates, paintings, etc, is sure to grind the hears of certain players at my table though.

Jester theme isnt bad either. It sounds fun, might just go for something like that.
>>
>>55152440
It's kind of sad for me, honestly. I don't know if it's even possible to relocate a haunting or whatever, but I'd like to think we were friends even if she was a ghost or whatever. I hope she isn't lonely, and that whoever is moving into that building is nice to her. I know the previous owners before the company I worked for tried to have the place exorcised or something like that, which has to be some kind of irritating for a haunting if it really does work. It's gotta be like getting kicked out of your own house.
>>
>>55145241
Gnomes
I actually always hated gnomes in fantasy until I played one as my first character in D&D, I was originally supposed to be a half elf but somebody else joined the group as a half elf and I was being autistic about playing the same race as someone else. Glad I changed though cause I've grown to love gnomes
>>
>>55152468
Imagine getting exorcised when you only wanted to make friends :(
>>
File: 1438797411517.jpg (458KB, 2480x1754px) Image search: [Google]
1438797411517.jpg
458KB, 2480x1754px
>>55152468
>Be spoopy ghost
>Try not to bother anyone, just kind of mind my own business
>Go wandering around the building when I get bored
>One day some lady in a black leather coat turns up
>What kind of fucking outfit is that
>Tries to exorcise me
>Can you fucking not. I'm just chilling, why you gotta be such a cunt?
Goddamnit now I just want to crawl into bed and forget all about this
>>
>>55152462
Protip: Tavern Brawler Monks, RAW, can use any Improvised Weapon that's simple enough to be similar to a Simple Weapon (or which resembles a Shortsword) as a Monk weapon.
The actual definition for a Monk weapon is a Simple Weapon or Shortsword that isn't Heavy or Two-Handed, and that you are proficient with... so Tavern Brawler means you can actually do the Jackie Chan thing and fight with ladders (quarterstaff!), or a mop, or a damp towel (it's basically a flexible club!)

It's so much fun. I've done it with a Rogue/Monk too, though that character was more focused on having a bunch of mean tricks, especially crap to throw at people like acid or glass dust. I mentioned that character a few threads ago and gave a partial listing of her mean trick bag in response to someone asking about the Thief Rogue.
>>
File: 1503511726656.gif (2MB, 200x141px) Image search: [Google]
1503511726656.gif
2MB, 200x141px
Jesus Christ is this thread full of children? Falling for literal ghost story creepy pasta? As if you guys could not be even more stereotypical.
>>
>>55152623
And the autists are back.
>>
>>55152623
We had a nice and comfy thread here. If you want to go full assperger, go somewhere else.
>>
>>55152631
>>55152658
You guys believe in ghosts and shit and I am the autist? Take your ghost shit to /x/ where it belongs.
>>
Rolled 4, 4, 3, 6, 3, 3, 6, 2, 4, 1, 5, 2, 4, 4, 1, 5, 4, 1, 6, 2, 1, 2, 5, 1 = 79 (24d6)

White dragonborn ranger hunter.

Will we be adventuring in the tundra?
>>
File: 1427730632149.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1427730632149.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>55152623
>Why are you indulging your imaginations in a thread about a game that boils down to telling fictional stories?
>>
>>55152703
How new are you?
The #1 rule of /tg/ has always been "We don't care if it's true, we care that it's a good story."
Don't be such a fuckin sperg duder. Take your fedora and your "I'm smarter than you" sign and go. You're not wanted.
>>
>>55152725
>>55152733
> It's an /x/fag gets easily triggered by the truth episode
Man I hate reruns
>>
File: 1448741931942.jpg (69KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
1448741931942.jpg
69KB, 480x720px
>>55152751
Actually now that I think about it, /x/ is actually one of the handful of boards i've never visited, not that you'll believe me.
Have a nice day anon, it's 1am here so i'm gonna get some sleep.
>>
>>55152623
>no fun allowed!
>>
>>55152623
How about you stop being a piece of shit and stop shitting on others.
>>
>>55152703
We dont believe it you turbo autists, we just like the story.

Piss off.
>>
>>55152887
>I was only pretendin to be retarded
>>
>>55152987
Stop talking about yourself.
>>
>>55152542
In the end I decided to pick Scout for archetype. I'm still getting a grappling hook though.
>>
>>55152987
I wasn't even part of the conversation. I just liked the story.

What are you, some WAAC rollplayer faggot who hates story?
>>
>>55146026
I did this with a Cleric and his dead wife. It was a Not-Japan setting, he was a famous blacksmith, she was a famous warrior. Time passes, as does she.

Now my old-guy blacksmith gives motes of wisdom and supports his new allies but never forgets the greatest sword-arm he ever fought alongside. Then drops a 6th level slot for Spiritual weapon as motes of her spirit flicker alongside him, wielding a spectral blade.

Cheesy, but it was a cute note of flavour.
Thread posts: 362
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.