[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have been playing Twilight Struggle with my friends. After

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (82KB, 350x516px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 350x516px
I have been playing Twilight Struggle with my friends. After several times, we started thinking, if it could be extended to more modern times.

If we were making sequel to Twilight Struggle, how would it be different? What events would make it in?
>>
After some thinking, we decided on some principles that should be used to make a game distinct and interesting

If Twilight struggle is founed on domino principle, we suggest hypothethical game would be founded on the "controlled chaos therory" and "global conspiracy theory"
>>
File: masonic_seal.jpg (216KB, 1159x1500px) Image search: [Google]
masonic_seal.jpg
216KB, 1159x1500px
>>55139674
Starting with second thing. Why conspiracy?
First of all, that allows to avoid simple continuation of USA/USSR debackle. USA vs Russian Federation just will not work from balanced gameplay perspective
Second, it will allow to make superpower (or former one) into one of the places where contest goes on. For instance, that would allow to model certain impeachment processes or interesting elections as events
Third reason - and it ties to the first principle mentioned before - conspiracy theories mak place for false flag operations, provocations etc. which is what "controlled chaos theory" is based on
Now, just what conspiracy should that be?.. If one side would be "globalists" - what would be other one?..
>>
>>55139818
Now, for the first principle. We suggest, in departing from the original game's mechanic, have third kind of influence. That would represent instability. Both players would be able to use it to try and further their goals somehow, yet it would represent a danger to their eforts to control things

That is the general idea, although how can it be implemented?
One of the ideas we had was to try and steal Pandemic mechanic with some fashion
>>
File: white_house.jpg (77KB, 570x357px) Image search: [Google]
white_house.jpg
77KB, 570x357px
A question, naturally, arises about the timeframe. Let us say "Twilight Struggle" ends as the Berlin Wall falls. It is as good (and symblic) point as any
then the game would have 3 decade-long phases, one would presume. Question is, can all of them be "filled" with events suitable for game adoption?
Some of those events seem pretty selectable. For instance, shelling of the House of Soviets in Moscow, 1993. Or 9/11, naturally
But much more are needed, of course
>>
File: chau.jpg (19KB, 356x215px) Image search: [Google]
chau.jpg
19KB, 356x215px
However, when we have tried being more concrete, we have been stumped
Direct translation of operation mechanics seem to be next to impossible with 3 kinds of imfluence. Some change is probably needed - but in what way?
What must be gameplay purpose of "chaos influence"? maybe it could be some kind of dynamic instability - actually reducing the stability of a country, thus making it easier to clai control over it. Maybe it can be used to degrade all infuences in the country in place of realignment?
>>
File: jobs.jpg (5KB, 148x215px) Image search: [Google]
jobs.jpg
5KB, 148x215px
Another issue is sad, sad lack of space race going on
What other mechanic can replace it? Probably it can be exchanged for some sort of once-in-a-turn ability, of course. For globalists - stansfer their center of power, for example. But for their opponents?
Maybe exchange it for internet development?..
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.