[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fucking Fairies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Just stole this idea from a guy on /co/:
>>>/co/94993779

Fae Gentry are invading our universe to siphon off our imagination. This is the cause of the rise of remakes, auto-tune, and fidgit spinners. Our universe is running out of imagination.

I want to turn this into a campaign. Think this would be good for Delta Green? Wasn't this actually the plot of the original (terrible) version of the Fae RPG by white wolf?
>>
>>55133652
Sounds like a cool premise, especially going with old fae, Pratchett-style elves who can't invent but love to destroy.

Doing Tam Lin and other changeling stuff applied to the modern day might be cool.

Also, while the Fae can't invent, they have long, long memories - so they might copy things from across centuries.

How are you thinking about handling iron though?
>>
>>55133741
Iron is a good question. Maybe there's something conceptual about it that's just anathema to them. Something to do with the fact that as a concept, Iron has come to be strongly associated with permanency and an unchanging nature, which is in opposition to the chaotic fluidity of the gentry. Same with stone.

This is why humans started building things like houses and castles out of stone and brick. Sure, it had it's own positive qualities over wood - but deep down...
>>
>>55133819
Stone might still have some power, but that's a good reason for iron to have much less power

>Iron, oh yes, Iron used to stop us, to burn us and bind us, but we, we are patient... iron *rusts* human, in your mind and in your soul. Now you scrap it, you re-cycle it, and nothing is forever. And how many new materials have your scrabbling fingers grubbed out of the ground, so clever, so replaceable. You have forgotten, forgotten what it means to make things for that last. Returned to the natural state... and you are naturally prey
>>
>>55134296
>make things that last
I would make them teleport to the great plastic graveyard in the Pacific ocean.
>>
>>55134744
>trusting fae to know what the fuck they're talking about
>>
>>55134296
>>55133819
>hey guys, we've got this wonderful stuff, called plastic
>use it everywhere
>oh iron blades are old, use these ceramic blades instead, top technology, like pottery
>>
>>55133652
I think they were trying to bolster imagination rather than eat it; our cubicle farms were killing them with how boring they are or something. Also, anti-Enlightenment bullshit.
>>
>>55133652
Except that media and creativity is at an all time high in the world, what are you trying to compare it to, the middle ages?
The only period that can come even close is the reneissance in terms of possibility, but even then it's dwarfed by the creative possibilities of today's age.
A college student can write a story on an imageboard only for it to become a meme, and the creative process itself takes minimal effort, which only spurs the possibility of creativity.
The everyday routine, video game remakes and vocal effects are hardly more terrifying to free imagination than a totalitarian regime or a feudal god fearing life.
>>
>>55135377
It's not the raw amount of creativity, it's the fact that a lot off societies today have a secular, rational tint to them. If people come across something new, it's not 'magic' or 'gods' or 'unexplainable horror run away and fear the dark', it's 'neat, an unexplained thing, give me a few minutes and I'll science up an answer". Not everything has an answer right now, but Everything Has An Answer. That's not creativity, that's just one of those connect-the-dots books that 'logic' hasn't already filled in.

Fey thrive on a blank canvas, with only the blood from the slit wrists of man to futilely paint with. No dots. No reason. No logic. No rationality.
>>
>>55133652
Monstress is bad
>>
>>55133652
That idea doesn't belong to a guy on /co/. It's the plot to Grant Morrison's incredibly overhyped new(ish) comic series about, as usual, some gripe he has with the cape market.

Pretty much any table of nerds is going to have one guy sitting on it that recognizes the idea's origin.
>>
>>55135112
People often accuse OWoD of being anti-Enlightenment and anti-technology, because it enshrines imagination, but they tend to forget that the Enlightenment was driven by man's ability to imagine. Even in OWoD, the surge of hope and imagination that comes from the Moon Landings is in fact what allows a bunch of supernatural shit to come back, and the modern disinterest with the space program/push against shit like stem cell research/etc is a symptom of the same thing causing magic to disappear. OWoD isn't anti-science or anti-technology, it's anti-banality. The enemy in OWoD is stagnation and acceptance of the status quo, and the inability to imagine that things could be different or that there could be an unknown.

oChangeling is strictly inferior to nChangeling and not a very deep game, but apparently it was too deep for you.
>>
>>55141137
It's underwhelming as fuck

But anyway what creature would make for an unusual ally for the humans?
>>
File: 1503862888369.jpg (103KB, 625x505px) Image search: [Google]
1503862888369.jpg
103KB, 625x505px
>>55141137

I thought I was the only one.

thank you.
>>
>>55134744

That doesn't actually exist like you think it does. It's actually just an area where you're likely to find microscopic particles of plastic, but it would be like having 1 grain of plastic in a bath tub.
>>
>>55133652
>>55135112
>>55136797
>the fae come to try and "fix" society, believing that Man has grown too proud of his accomplishments

>they are surprised when little to no reaction comes in the wake of their chaos, wracking their brains as to why

>they never figure out the real reason there's no more wonder, no more awe, no more fear of the dark - why fear what already has you by the neck?

>of course, to the fae, the idea of "giving up," of any form of cynicism, makes absolutely no sense
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.