[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 33

File: hh.jpg (248KB, 1032x1313px) Image search: [Google]
hh.jpg
248KB, 1032x1313px
Previous thread: >>55121114
>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/gencon50exclamation-mark-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
What's the best way to defeat the Plain?
>5th edition cliffnotes
https://pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>>
New monday meeting notes
http://theonyxpath.com/many-worlds-one-path-monday-meeting-notes/
>>
>>55131591
>What's the best way to defeat the Plain?

Forces 2 to drain their smartphone battery rendering them mostly helpless.
>>
>>55131591
You can't they're a power beyond the means of the exarchs, god machine, or the principle to battle.
>>
>>55131615
Hire Zak S to write your vampire scenekids game, David Hill quits in a huff, presto the master of the Plain has been defeated.
>>
>>55131515
What did Dawkins do on Dark Eras?
>>
>>55131591

>YOU ARE BEING RECORDED
At this point, you pull out your own smartphone and point it at the Plain (it doesn't necessarily have to be recording) and say "So are you!". Then watch as the Plain flounders, very confused and unsure of what to do next.
>>
>>55131591
*record scratch
*freeze frame
Yup, that's me. You're probably wondering how I ended up in this situation.
>>
How long before this thread turns to shit
>>
>>55131665
Let me check.
>>
>>55131733
>>55131665
Nevermind, I can't find writing credits. So I don't know how to find out.

In the companion he wrote The Fall of Isirion or whatever.
>>
>>55131610
Oh hey, was scion already in art direction or is that new?
>>
>>55131776
This means he is a fan of the Immortals book. Which is good.

He put Body Thieves and Blood Bathers in Fall. He didn't go the safe route and just plug in Purified.
>>
I really like the 'mortals' way that nWoD is going - having credible antagonists, both personal and organised, for players. Yeah, some are corporate, and then you've got things like the voyager cults. It's a nice change to "HEY LETS THROW MORE TEMPLATES AT IT".
>>
>>55132723
Huh?

I don't think I know what you mean.
>>
>>55132760
There are more 'antagonists' who aren't purely antagonists and aren't supernatural, or who are supernatural in only the barest sort of way. It's nice. They come off as more 'realistic' when they're not moustache twirlers, slashers or purely "Hah! Fuck you, (other end of my splat here)!"
>>
>>55132809
Oh, well then I agree. I think it takes all sorts. I like my slashers and dark mirror enemies. But having good examples of bad guys who are more a problem for reasons other than being able to take you on in a big dumb fight, that is good.
>>
'Packet Theta' and the Fury of Death/Giant Skeleton Angel Butterfly. Do we know anything aside from Deva Corporation has it now and that it's probably some sort of physical manifestation of death?
>>
>>55132905
Would you accept a Beast as an Antagonist if he was a parody of Dick Dastardly?

Clearly should feed by winning a race in a way that is completely and utterly humiliating to anyone else who takes part in it.

That's how it should work, instead...
>"No Muttley, we are Villains, therefore we must cheat!"
He sabotages a race so utterly even he can't win it, this is partly because of his own incompetence...mostly because his Hunger is a backstabbing dick.
>>
How about we only use the spell examples in Mage 2e and ditch Creative Thaumaturgy altogether? Or would that still not change things?
>>
>>55132961
Taking away the cornerstone of Mage's casting system is a bit of a selfish jab, don't you think?
>>
>>55132961
How about we ignore disciplines or gifts, would that matter?
>>
>>55132961
Damn, antimagefags are absolute morons.
>>
>>55131727
It already had.
>>
>>55132961
Maybe its because ive played the hero system but 99% of problems caused by creative thaum is people using it badly.

In the hero system you might want to be the flash, able to run super fast right? You could buy that as extra running speed OR you could buy it as teleport with the special effect, you cant pass through solid objects, you disappear in one place and appear in another in the blink of a eye, seems odd but its the same with creative thaum. Many people try to "abuse" it in various ways without even doing it step by step etc
>>
>>55132961
Are you still butthurt over the entirely feasible 'Kinetic Shield' ?

lel
>>
>>55132961
Even many of the example spells are incredibly broken.
e.g. Exceptional Luck, Psychic Domination, Shaping

Creative Thaumautrgy at least has the justification for the GM to go "no, I don't think you can use that Practice for that". The example spells are almost irrefutable canon.
>>
Could you make a Time-Ruling Legacy of Obrimos based on the DC Speedsters?
>>
>>55133262
Probably
>>
>>55133272
An Obrimos Legacy that looks at time as a force of reality that blows the present onwards, rather than the weaving loom perspective of Acanthus?

Sounds legit.
>>
>>55133304
And now with stuff that could provide ideas for the Attainments.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe1LsQ1lWkE
>>
>>55133036
>Mages protect themselves from general harm through the power of their Arcana with Mage Armor Attainment rather than Shielding spells.
For me, that was sufficient to take down all spells which protected from regular damage. You already have the Mage Armor for that.
>>
>>55133262
The DC speedsters dont just mess with time. Their powers also allow them to ignore natural forces that would make it dangerous to move super fast. Such as drag, and the fact that if you tripped on a rock you would blow yourself apart.
>>
>>55133313
Most of Flash's abilities don't translate well to Attainments, especially for Mages.

>Speed clones?
Not possible, when you go back in time you replace your former self.

>Phasing?
Not possible, when you accelerate through time you're not really moving any faster, you're just making extra use out of the second you've got.

>Quick-speed learning?
Nope. You could potentially re-write your past, but that's not quite the "Time is a Force" perspective you're going for with Obirmos.

>Speed force clothing?
Hahaha, no.

>Throwing Lightning
Perhaps as an optional Attainment given sufficient forces proficiency.

Running fast though with crazy reflexes? Yep, that's it in a can.
Mage isn't a game where you can perfectly copy stuff across while maintaining canon coherence. But you can draw inspiration from other stuff.
>>
>>55133327
Hence why I went with Obrimos for the Path.

Shielding of Forces is your friend.
>>
>>55133321
Yeah, general harm, Shielding provides superior protection. The given examples are quite conclusive.
>>
>>55133352
I honestly think forces would do speedsters better as an attainment.

Or just life to ramp everything you do up to the max.
>>
File: 3841617-386px-velocidad_(c).jpg (97KB, 512x640px) Image search: [Google]
3841617-386px-velocidad_(c).jpg
97KB, 512x640px
>>55133366
Unnecessary, given you're playing a temporal speedster.
You're not running faster, you're running for a period that you would normally consider would be longer than the seconds you're in.
>>
>>55133370
Really just go Time Obrimos with Forces secondary.

Velocity Control is your friend. Each point of potency doubles speed.
>>
>>55133352
>Mage isn't a game where you can perfectly copy stuff across while maintaining canon coherence. But you can draw inspiration from other stuff.
Makes sense.

I feel like one of the key thing is going to be using Forces to keep yourself from exploding because you slipped on a banana peel while travel at superspeed.
>>
>>55133376
Well then... What would the attainments be nerd?
>>
>>55133369
Are you also the faggot who says ruling spells can cause damage?
>>
>>55133392
Better question, how do you think this guy would see the Flash as worthy of crafting his soul into? Why would doing that bring it closer to the Supernal?
>>
>>55133399
No? Not unless you use it to cause something else to do the damage. Like mind-controlling a hobo and having him run into an ice cream truck.
>>
>>55133399
Do you really think Mage Armor is going to be better than the Practice of Shielding.

I wonder who's the real faggot here.
>>
>>55133405
Because the speed force is everywhere, in everything, touches all, shapes all. It may just be a binding supernal image.

By shaping his soul into gotta go fast, he may just be able to go so fast he slips off this earth and into the beyond.
>>
>>55133399
That would probably depend on the Arcana.

At least I think so.

Ruling causing Damage is a Probably if you use it with a Subtle Arcana and a Definitely if you use it with a Gross Arcana
>>
You guys want to know something hilarious?

Coils of the Dragon, coil of blood rank one.

Normally you have to spend one point of Vitae a day to exist as a vampire.

With rank one in this coil, you spend 1 point of Vitae per days equal to your dots in resolve. At Blood potency ten, that caps at ten, so you only need one point of Vitae every ten days.

But, there's a separate coil called Anoushka's ladder. As long as your humanity is 8 or higher, you only need one point of vitae a week. These stack. So you spend one point of vitae every 17 days. Granted at this point without second rank Blood coil, your potential food supply is very limited, but assuming you had a full tank, you wouldn't 'need' to feed or intake any more blood for 4.6 years.

Although admittedly, that's assuming you literally spend no vitae on anything but surviving/waking up, but that's neither here nor there. I just found the idea of a vampire that could go five years without food hilarious. Especially since he would have to be like, the nicest dude for the combo to work right.
>>
>>55133446

Actually rereading this, it's my 1e Vampire book. I have no idea how applicable this is to 2e.
>>
>>55133446
Bropire.
>>
If I shielded myself from gravity could I fly
>>
>>55133446
To be fair, the Ladder is a really secretive bunch, the coil moreso. Add in Blood and you can do all that with animal juice.

Sadly, the coils got smacked around a bit in 2e. There isn't really a coil of blood. The coil of banes sort of made it through as the Ascendant, and the Beast as the Wyrm. The Voivode doesn't seem like something the Ordo would care that much about. Ziva is the 'anoushka' coil of 2e, but you can adapt Anoushka to 2e using Ziva without too many issues.
>>
>>55133462
Actually if you'r shielding yourself from gravity it's gonna be more like you have Mordushoes
>>
>>55133462

Nope. Not how that works, sadly. You might be able to use something like that to make it 'easier' to fly, but the actual being able to hover and move around would come from elsewhere.
>>
File: 1369588947070.jpg (96KB, 465x600px) Image search: [Google]
1369588947070.jpg
96KB, 465x600px
>>55133392
Fine, I'll do your job for you.
>Time 1
Decrease all penalties to actions from undue haste by dots in Time
Optional - Forces 1, Kinetic Efficiency, Potency is Forces dots.

>Time 2
Increase Initiative by dots in Time
Optional - Forces 2, You wind up forces as you run, Melee attacks deal Lethal +Time dots

>Time 3
Instant Action to active Acceleration for 2 rounds (3 rounds at Time 3), multiplying speed by Time dots. This isn't that powerful, but remember the Legacy Stacking rule
Optional - Forces 3 Velocity Control, for the duration, your speed is actually (Normal*Time_dots)*2^Forces_dots (stack with spells for some real bullshit)

>Time 4
Instant Action to blast a subject with a burst of Time, dealing Lethal equal to Forces Dots
Optional - Forces 4, when your hit your subject, you can also throw them about a la Telekinesis

>Time 5
Instant Action to enter a time bubble, freezing time around you, round equal to dots in Time.
Optional - Forces 5, you generate an amount of energy equal to dots in Forces, can discharge at will during time-bubble, only takes effect when bubble pops
>>
>>55133462
Not this again. You're clearly a baiting whore.
>>
>>55133477
Neat.
>>
What makes Acceleration superior to Celerity again? I'm too lazy to compare the two.
>>
>>55133494
Other than only needing to spend one Mana to activate the power, rather than one Vitae per turn?

Plus the reach effects which permit further utility, and the capacity to ludicrously boost Potency for exceptional Defence given dodge actions?
>>
>>55133462
Not quite. You make yourself exempt from the harmful aspects of gravity, up until whatever limit your ST ultimately decides. But whatever, nice bait, 2/10 got me to reply.
>>
>>55133494
Acceleration multiplies the subject's speed by Potency. The subject is typically the caster. The subject always goes first in turn unless they choose not to, which means they can interrupt another character's turn as a reflexive action. Potency is added to Defense, and then that sum is doubled for Dodge actions. Both Defense and Dodges can be used against firearms. This is the base spell, cost is one Mana.

Celerity adds the vampire's dots in Celerity to their defense as a Persistent effect and to their dodge roll when actively defending. Even if a bullet hits them, the attack is still penalized by their dots in Celerity. The vampire must be aware of incoming attacks to defend against them. Celerity does jack shit if they aren't able to move. For a point of Vitae each, the vampire can activate any and all of the following effects once per turn: Move to the head of the Initiative queue. Interrupt actions (but not reflexive actions of actions they're unaware of) a number of times in a scene equal to their dots in Celerity. The interrupting action can be an attack, but that's their attack for the turn. Finally, they can multiply their speed by their dots in Celerity plus one, for stealth and surprise attacks.

Decide for yourself which one is better.
>>
>>55131873
That is new from when last I looked a few weeks back but may not be new as of this week
>>
File: ExplainPunch.png (111KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
ExplainPunch.png
111KB, 620x400px
>Faggots in this thread think Ruling causes damage
>Not knowing that's Fraying
Does anyone here actually read the book or is shitposting easier when you don't?
>>
File: 1364857485784.jpg (25KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
1364857485784.jpg
25KB, 600x375px
>>55134323
You're falling for their bait, you dumb fucking fuck.
>>
>>55134323
Ruling can cause damage by redirecting naturally occuring forces, but not by itself.

Use Ruling to turn gravity 90 degrees and make someone fall 6 meters into a wall?
That's going to hurt.

Channel all of the kinetic energy within a certain area between the mollecules, and into someone's body?
Bon voyage.
>>
>>55134323
Well you could argue that there are some instances where Ruling of [Arcana] can be used to cause damage, but these would be incredibly niche in the case of the Subtle Arcana.

Gross Arcana...not so much.
>>
>>55134323
Nice bait.
>>
>>55134374
>Gross Arcana...not so much.
By this I mean they'd be less niche and more obvious.
>>
Would it be possible to mirror the effects of the prime spell Apocalypse with Mind where you aren't gifting mage sight to a non mage but are instead turning your own mage sight on and then wiring your brain to theirs?
>>
>>55134484
No, but you can show them a high quality movie of your filtered mental understanding of supernal symbols.

Which is in many ways, exactly what you want.
And in various others, completely different.
>>
>>55134553
What's the different part?
>>
>>55134623
Well for example, you only get the information, not the extra capacity.

So Time sight won't let you pre-empt other's actions.
>>
File: Telyavelic Tremere.png (485KB, 655x688px) Image search: [Google]
Telyavelic Tremere.png
485KB, 655x688px
This worked quite well in the previous thread, so let's post again our oWoD/CofD filenames.
>>
File: Going Loud.gif (4MB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
Going Loud.gif
4MB, 320x200px
>>55135143
>>
File: DinoNecromancer.jpg (42KB, 480x900px) Image search: [Google]
DinoNecromancer.jpg
42KB, 480x900px
>>55135181
>>
File: The Traditions.png (476KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
The Traditions.png
476KB, 853x480px
>>55135214
>>
File: 20170808_170334.jpg (6MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170808_170334.jpg
6MB, 4032x3024px
Took a trip to DC recently, and there was an interesting display in the Smithsonian American Art Museam: The Throne of the Third Heaven of the Nations' Millennium General Assembly. Basically some guy went a little crazy, started hearing angels, and spent 14 years building a throne for God's imminent return out of anything he could scavenge. Something like this screams plot hooks to me; maybe a failed Awakening or abandoned Infrastructure
>>
File: Moros.jpg (370KB, 1424x842px) Image search: [Google]
Moros.jpg
370KB, 1424x842px
>>55135143
>>
>>55135486
>>
File: hampton_notebook.jpg (192KB, 620x501px) Image search: [Google]
hampton_notebook.jpg
192KB, 620x501px
>>55135355
There's an accompanying notebook as well, St James: The Book of the 7 Dispensation. It's written in undecipherd script, like an American Voynich Manuscript
>>
File: beast the primordial.jpg (79KB, 780x439px) Image search: [Google]
beast the primordial.jpg
79KB, 780x439px
>>55135502
>>
File: young phil brucato.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
young phil brucato.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
>>55135531
>>
>>55135355
In DC? Sybaris visions from the cursed city's mummy geomancy and huge arisen population
>>
>>55135214
Would reanimating Dinosaurs be crime of Hubris?
>>
File: shrewdcat.jpg (3KB, 125x121px) Image search: [Google]
shrewdcat.jpg
3KB, 125x121px
>>55135547
Some people just cant get used to the ideas of peace.
>>
>>55135792
It would be fucking awesome is what it would be
>>
>>55135792
No more than animating a regular corpse.

Mind you, before mastery, you're not going to get a stomping zombie dino for your trouble. Only an animated skeleton. Which might be cooler now that I think about it.
>>
>>55136037
Would it be possible to give your awesome animated skeleton Mage Armour of Matter?
>>
>>55136289
Mage armor is only for the mage themself. It's sort of like your nimbus is congealing around you.

That being said nothing stops you from strapping mundane or mystical armor plates and/or machine guns to your animated skeletal tyrannosaurus. You may want to cloak it with a veiling spell however to keep the Guardians from bitching too much.
>>
>>55136289
Nah, you can't bestow Mage Armor anymore since the transition from spells to Attainments. You could cast a Shielding spell on it though. Or you could use the Metal Dead spell from Grimoire of Grimoires and turn it into a solid steel animated dino skeleton.
>>
>>55136037
And how the fuck does the dino move without muscles?
>>
>>55136952
Magic
>>
>>55136776
>Or you could use the Metal Dead spell from Grimoire of Grimoires and turn it into a solid steel animated dino skeleton.
Magnificent.

Also it's annoying that you can't bestow Mage Armor anymore, but I'd rather focus on an awesome metal dino skeleton.

Of course the next logical step is to make it into a Thaumium Dino Skeleton and fill in the gaps with Kinetic Shields.
>>
>>55136952
You're asking this question about a magic system where you can make it so there's a spontaneous eclipse but only over a square mile. Nothing makes sense, but there are worse offenders, even in the Arcanum of Death.
>>
>>55136982
>>55137033
So mage magic is shit got you. Hearing about forces and matter gave me hope for the system but now I think I'll just stick with Demon.
>>
>>55137196
You're probably just binding a ghost in it which then animates it. I think just compelling shit to move via the power of your mind is forces
>>
>>55136990
>Also it's annoying that you can't bestow Mage Armor anymore
Yeah, but it makes more sense as an Attainment than a spell imo, and plus now it gets to be a reflexive action.
>>
>>55137196
>So mage magic is shit got you
Why, because it doesn't adhere to science or make "sense"? And then you say you'll stick with Demon. Don't they also warp the fuck out of reality in ways that defy science and logic?
>>
>>55138223
I think they wanted a more in depth explanation of how the magic animates it than just magic although magic is the right answer. When it comes to Death arcanum a huge chunk of it is about altering or commanding ghosts so my guess here on a rad skeleton is you make it basically a ghost piloted robot.
>>
>>55137196
Physics is part of Lie in MtAw. Gravity is a part of Lie which makes thoughts like "I can fly" looks stupid and impossible.
>>
>>55137625
You don't have to bind a ghost to a skeleton or a corpse to reanimate it. In fact that's a different kind of undead altogether, a revenant. Quicken Corpse is a Weaving Death spell, and it just reanimates a corpse to serve you. Classic necromancy.
>>
>>55138276
You don't need ghosts as a middle man. Corpses are dead things. Dead things fall under Death. Any Mage who knows enough Death magic can use the 13 Practices to manipulate dead things however they want, which includes using Weaving to change what a corpse is able to do, bolster it and so on.
>>
Dave, please, would you throw us starving dogs a bone and post another Dev blog for SoS? It's been weeks since the last one and we are dying over here. Preferably something about Awakening, but I don't want to presume my words mean anything before the might of the Komodo Exarch.
>>
What's /CofD/'s opinion on SCP. Obviously works for a Taskforce: VALKYRIE game, but are there any standouts/recommendations which can get a Storyteller's ball rolling?
>>
>>55138816
I sometimes use them as cryptid side antagonists in my Demon chronicles.
>>
>>55138816
Mysterium Censoria breached. Abyssal incursion detected. You are a suicide squad to close it and retrieve most important artifacts before everything coming down to the Abyss.
>>
Might as well ask this here. Anyone know where I can get the old aeon 1st edition pdfs from?
>>
>>55138816
SCP?
>>
>>55138223
if mage magic is shit, please point me at a "magic" system that isnt?

Cos magic is a prefectly good answer when describing how magic works..
>>
>>55139175
I am guessing reading comprehension isn't one of your strong suits.
>>
>>55139031
Creepy-pasta website a pseudo-government organisation with the cause to 'Secure, Contain, Protect' various anomalies which vary massively. Demonic hats, haunted photos, girls made of glass.

Some great shit in the 2000 or so pages, but majority is utter trash.
>>
I can think of exactly one bonus to taking Forces when you have an animated metal dino skeleton.

You can fire atomic lasers from the eyes.
>>
So I just researched the etymology of "cold iron".

It comes from a Rudyard Kipling poem, and it's supposed to just be a turn of phrase, like "eat cold steel, shithead".

Cold iron is literally just iron. It can even be steel, given that ancient peoples couldn't tell the fucking difference. It doesn't have to be magnetic, or meteoric, or fucking unobtanium. It's just good old iron, folks. You can take out the Fair Folk with a swiss army knife.

While we're talking Changeling, can anyone tell me why Isles of the Mighty has nothing on Ireland? In a book about fae in the UK?
>>
>>55139527
>Many men had tried to kill Tink,
>but she made a fatal slip
>when she faced the Texas Ranger with the big iron on his hip
>the big iron on his hip
>>
>>55139527
>While we're talking Changeling, can anyone tell me why Isles of the Mighty has nothing on Ireland? In a book about fae in the UK?
Because no one at Onyx Path knows what they are doing?

And this is coming from someone who wants to use Metal Dead to make an entire legacy.

It's like Mad Max...but with cars fused with animated metal dinosaur skeletons.
>>
>>55139636
This book is White Wolf era, friend. OPP have fallen far since then.

I like your concept... not sure if this would inspire or not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfFCFnQyG3k
>>
>>55139406
Why not get Space too so it can teleport and literally eat your beloved relationships too?
>>
>>55140878
Maybe Space would be a better fit that Forces for this nonsense.

Big question is going to be...how does Space fit with the way that the Moros see things?

And, slightly bigger question, would said Space Ruling Legacy be Space/Death or Space/Matter?

Because if it's Space/Matter then this goes from Mad Max with Dinosaurs...to Lego Mad Max with Dinosaurs!
>>
>>55141026
>how does Space fit with the way that the Moros see things?
Easy peasy, Matter fills Space. Although it's not really a big question. You can learn whatever Arcanum you want and it's not like all members of a Path see things the exact same way.
>>
>>55139659
A legacy based around creating mad max dinosaurs?

Mage is a great game.
>>
>>55139527
The descriptions of 'cold iron' being iron weapons fashioned without the use of heat always annoyed me.

Clearly no one writing pen and paper games has done much manual labor. If you've ever worked with metal it becomes obvious that working the material heats it.

Hell old hammers will slowly get so work hardened that they'll crack like glass.
>>
>>55141567
Cold Iron Weapons are a bit of an artistic license (no shit, I know). The original thing with cold iron was because it was a rock, and one that hadn't changed since the lord himself put down the planet - making it older than the fae, and unchanged. So they had to give way before it.
>>
>>55141567
Pretty much anything written about computers or technology comes off the same way throughout White Wolfs history. Its not an uncommon feature of the World of Darkness.
>>
>>55141567
>>55141619
I just retcon it as a lie perpetuated by the True Fae in order to trick their enemies.
>>
>>55138816
The GOC is how I run my Technocrats.
>>
>>55141733
Sort of like Dragons being able affect the Night King and the numerous religious texts on Discworld that provide ways to deal with Vampires, right?

Of course the thing that's supposed to affect the evil monster doesn't affect it, clearly the evil monster planted the idea that it would as a way to kill off foolish adventures that dumped their Wisdom equivalent.
>>
>>55138816
Rent them out. They're supposedly run by vampires, sure, but the top brass are going to be looking for more budgetary options. So doing the odd job for Deva, Cheiron, Telm, the Hototogisu, Amalgama could add some variety to the normal "murdering the enemies of the US" and some moral fuckery for the characters.
>>
>>55141567
I thought they meant wrought iron.
>>
File: 1495933854182.jpg (225KB, 700x1102px) Image search: [Google]
1495933854182.jpg
225KB, 700x1102px
>>55135143
Got anything for this?
>>
File: WoD - Innocents.png (600KB, 1097x617px) Image search: [Google]
WoD - Innocents.png
600KB, 1097x617px
>>55135143
>>
File: 9JTWGyU.jpg (3MB, 900x5625px) Image search: [Google]
9JTWGyU.jpg
3MB, 900x5625px
I don't frequent this general, and I'm not super well acquainted with World of Darkness. My forever DM asked me to run a one or two shot for the group vaugely based on this CYOA. Would one of the versions of Hunter work well for this? I don't have much experience running games.

The setting is a creepy, but still fairly pleasant apartment filled with slightly supernatural people. The party would be very low powerlevel. Mostly just standard people, with maybe one spooky thing about them. Example: a barista that can talk to rats or a plumber that can summon his toolbag whenever he wants.

It would be a pretty beer and pretzels kind of thing. Thanks for the advice.
>>
File: 1501942989244.gif (767KB, 500x517px) Image search: [Google]
1501942989244.gif
767KB, 500x517px
>>55135143
Yeah, hunter works. Just paw through the PDFs hunting for powers you like, as well as checking out the Reliquary for items (and possibly distillations from Alchemists in Promethean). Since it's just one/two shots, don't be afraid to half ass some homebrew mechanics. For 'lesser' supernatural mechanics and items, try hurtlocker - there is a section on 'lesser' supernaturals in there. Your other option is to raid assorted books with spirit/ghost numina if you run out of ideas, spending willpower instead of essence.
>>
>Thyrsus are sluts
>Thyrsus are pure waifu

Which is true /tg/?
>>
>>55142239
both
>>
>>55142239
All of their sluttiness is focused onto you and MFF threesomes.
>>
>>55142239
Clearly we must make a Prime Ruling Legacy to find out!

...now how do we tie the Truth to the Path of Ecstasy?
>>
Why is NWoD such shit?
>>
Why is OWoD such shit?
>>
>>55142806
We need powerful and civilized Obrimos to tame the wild Thyrsus beauty, of course! With Mind ruling Arcanum to make up for the Thyrsus deficiency in it and Prime as a secondary Arcanum.
>>
>>55142968
>Obrimos taming anything rather than trying to make it be its better self then getting disgusted with its failure to do so

Taming is a job for the Warlocks of the Path of Scourging and you know it.
>>
>>55142927
>>55142873
Because urban fantasy is shit. I don't know why I love it so much.
>>
>>55142114

Hunter: the Vigil should work fine for this. Alternatively, just Mortal (their book is theChronicles of Darkness Core Rulebook) would do just as well, it has a slightly lower power level than either Hunter, and a focus on weird stuff happening to normal people.
>>
>>55142320

Give me MFM thanks

S P I T R O A S T I N G
>>
>>55143013
Probably because life is ass and we all just want a little bit of magic in our lives.

#UrbanFantasyAppeal
>>
File: acanthus.jpg (170KB, 1200x1976px) Image search: [Google]
acanthus.jpg
170KB, 1200x1976px
>>55143011
Who needs "taming" when an Acanthus can walk even a Path of Thorns?
>>
>>55143095
Because giving players powers gives them more options, which is an incentive to be more proactive and take more risks. Urban fantasy combines this benefit with the benefit of a rich, familiar setting. There's no substitute for the real world; in any other setting, the more depth, the more made-up bullshit you need to explain.

Also, "people with powers in the world we know" has been a staple of imagination from the Greek pantheon to superhero comic books. There must be something good about it that's interested so many people in so many cultures over such a long timespan.
>>
>>55143169
The setting being ostensibly "IRL+secret hidden world" also makes it an easier sell to get people invested in the world, which is key to a successful table top.
>>
>>55143018
Thanks!
>>
>>55143011
Pff! A Warlock would just spoil and degrade the pure natural Thyrsus soul. The indomitable will and perseverance of an Obrimos and kindness in showing the undeniable benefits of a civilization shall, on the other hand, prevail in making the Thyrsus maiden express her urges in a more refined manner, while keeping the... focus... of the Path on ecstatic experiences.
>>
>>55143093
your thyrsus waifu can just grow a penis on the other girl
>>
>>55143277
>Only growing one penis and not dozens of prehensile, super humanly pleasurable tentacle dicks.
>>
Oh goddamnit why did I even come back here
>>
File: My melanin enriched brethren.jpg (28KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
My melanin enriched brethren.jpg
28KB, 680x383px
>>55143306
>>
>>55143352
You know why. Embrace it.
>>
>>55143356
>"I have seen the Truth and it felt rather nice."

I'd say the Attainments for the legacy are Life+Prime with Mind as an optional thing.

Basically you're using this to turn into a persons perfect waifu...when in reality you look like a horrible tentacle slut.
>>
>>55143455
Life+Prime as a single Attainment? How would one go about accomplishing that? Can you base a single Attainment effect on a combined spell?

Also, Mind optional for a Thyrsus? Shame on you!
>>
>>55143503
>Also, Mind optional for a Thyrsus? Shame on you!
How else are you going to find out what sort of waifu a person wants, huh?
>>
>>55143528
Ghost waifu. Moros best at waifu. Touch of the Graaaaaaaave
>>
>>55143277

Gross I don't want some disgusting tranny's cock in my waifu, it needs to be a stallion. I want to drive her insane with deep dicking from both ends. And when the little prick thinks his man meat will do the job I'll show the little fuck how it's done and break her cunt with my knot!
>>
>>55143528
Thyrsus fail at Mind forever, unless they get it as a Legacy Ruling Arcanum. They won't find out a thing.
>>
File: 1503941567267.jpg (7KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
1503941567267.jpg
7KB, 224x225px
Once again Magefags prove to be a degenerate scourge and blight upon this general.
>>
File: qt thyrsus.jpg (48KB, 680x660px) Image search: [Google]
qt thyrsus.jpg
48KB, 680x660px
>>55142320
>>55143455
>>
File: exarchs plz.jpg (1MB, 1400x2700px) Image search: [Google]
exarchs plz.jpg
1MB, 1400x2700px
>>
>>55142320
Some animals mate for life.

Ergo some Thyrsus mate for life. My waifu is pure. Pure!
>>
>>55143611
When in reality you are a HORRIBLE TENTACLE SLUT!
>>
>>55143742
~what is reality, what doth life~
>>
>>55143611
Oh, it's you. I haven't seen you in forever.
>>
>>55143595
Just accept our presence. It would be better for everyone if you did.
>>
>>55143944
Unfortunately, I merely continue the tradition. I am not it's founder.
>>
What ever happened to Aspel?
>>
Mummy the curse should hve been Mummy20, we don't need shitty games like it in nwod
>>
>>55144026
Left about 7 months ago to migrate to twitter
>>
>>55144026
The Magefags Unmade that fucker.
>>
>>55144026

Moved to Twitter, has a bit of a following now. Dunno if they still play or talk about WoD.
>>
>>55144036
>left
hah no
he's still here, and been banned on twitter.
has a patreon
>>55144041
aspel IS a magefag
>>
>>55144026
Shh! Don't mention that forbidden name, lest he returns with a vengeance!

Let's discuss the purity/slutiness dichotomy of Thyrsus beauties instead.
>>
>>55144089
Twitter account's still live. Maybe was tempbanned?
>>
>>55144089
>aspel IS a magefag

show me your fucking proof, dipshit
>>
>>55144140
The insidious cruelty of the namefag is that he drives all others to faggot his name. Let us turn away from this path of sodomy my bretheren!

What's the best career, as in real-life job, for a Promethean?
>>
>>55144177
NO. WE ARE DISCUSSING ASPEL RIGHT NOW. DO NOT CHANGE THE SUBJECT.
>>
>>55144089
I refuse to believe that Aspel was a Magefag. I will literally stop shitposting about Mage if its true.
>>
>>55144177
Antarctic/Arctic researcher?
Maybe Park Ranger?
>>
>>55144225
A magefag is born every week. Your absence will change little.
>>
>>55144132

They have a new Twitter, and I guess one of those e-stalker forums has a thread on them now, according to a quick search result.
>>
>>55144228
le wastelands though
>>
>>55144286
>live on an ice cap
>muh research station
>cause Firestorms on the reg
>write them up as "Fortean Polar Phenomena"
>/x/ types compete over chances to join
>each freaks out and attacks you soon enough
>you restrain them and have them shipped back
>comfy by stalled Pilgrimage standards
>>
I heard this is the lgbt tabletop rpg. Is that true and if so does it have any redeeming features.
>>
>>55144861
>Lord Sneek

Fuck off
>>
>>55144861
This is the Chronicles of Fagness, yes.
>>
So, how 'bout that Mysterium?
>>
>>55144907

>World of Fagness with Metafagplot is better
>>
>>55144861
yah it spawned this amazing general
>>
>>55144861
WoDs attract a lot of 'alternative' players.
You can blame that on the original influx of hippies, goths and losers originally in the 90s.

CofD doesn't have quite as much of that bullshit, but some of its game-lines can draw parallels with 'alternative' groups. Promethean is can been as a Trans metaphor, Beast is Otherkin (though Beast is fucking awful), Mages are 'woke', and Changelings are abuse survivors.

That being said, you don't have to buy into that shit, and can go your own way with the materials, given that there's no 'right' way to play them.

Mages can be Nazi occultists who want to purge the degenerates.
Changelings can be brutal motherfuckers who butchered their way out of Arcadia and live by their own creed.
Prometheans can see their soullessnes as merely something to be fixed, patching up the hole in their existence rather than giving a shit about 'identity'

tl;dr
It attracts some LGBT players and has some liberal materials, but you can ignore those players/themes and just do awesome shit.
>>
>>55144978
>Mages are 'woke',

Wut?

Mages represent the height of privilege and power without consequence, and are the biggest arrogant pricks in the CofD.
>>
>>55145033
Playing Mage is essentially playing what PC retards and SJWs hate the most.

Privileged white males.

Is it really any wonder why /wodg/ is obsessed with it?
>>
>>55144978
What *can't* be a "trans metaphor" or any of that other shit? To a narcissist, every surface should be a mirror. Through a feminist lens, everything is the color of feminism. Subtext can and will be read in everywhere, from the outside.

What they've actually done is make several good games, but with bad editing, bad coordination between different writers, and an insufferable but avoidable section of the fanbase that wants RPGs to always be politically correct or else.
>>
>>55144885
No you fuck off man-thing
>>55144978
Is there anyway to play a ratman? Other than that sounds good.
>>
>>55145376
Get out of here, Namefaggot.
>>
Which of the Arcana would be needed to Unmake /wodg/ ?
>>
>>55145376
Ratman?
Sounds like a Changeling to me.
>>
>>55145669
It would take an Archmage to delete this place
>>
>>55145669
Forces or Matter could destroy the server, or data it contains.
>>
>>55145699
A new thread would just be made.
>>
>>55145719
Then what you want is to go into the Temenos, and Unmake the realm of /wodg/
>>
>>55145631
Why am I hurting you?
>>
>>55145763
Not that anon, but name faggots, especially ones that aren't providing content or some useful reason for identify themselves, do harm to us all.
>>
>>55145376
rat-Vampires: Gangrel with Protean 2
rat-Werewolves: be a Beshilu (rat-Host) instead, or make do with a stealthy Irakka
rat-Mages: Thyrsus with Life effects (rat familiar optional), look into converting Orphans of Proteus from 1e
rat-Prometheans: Cuprum, Metamorphosis, Bestiae Fascies, Sensorium, Somatic Humor
rat-Demons: Animal Communication, Animal Messenger, Swarm, Urban Fluidity, Fluid Form or Insect Swarm
rat-Beasts: Namtaru with Infestation and maybe Shadowed Soul
>>
Someone tell a story, a story about Demons
>>
>>55147735
There once was a Demon, an Archmage dropped a rock on him and he died. The Archmage lived happily ever after.
>>
>>55147840
There's a lesson to this story. Though I'm not sure what.
>>
>>55147868
Archmages retroactively caused the meteor to change course which initiates the Demon Storyteller Guide's intro fiction?
>>
Where do I join DaveB's socialist collective? Do Onyx Path authours even post in these threads anymore?
>>
>>55132925
OG God Machine story was better than the God Machine Chronicles. Prove me wrong. Pro tip: you can't.
>>
>>55148143
1. The official boards.
2. Sometimes.
>>
>>55148143
Dave sometimes posts in here, yes.
>>
>>55148303
If you see a magefag who asks seemingly innocent questions regarding any and all negative statements for Mage, but accepts no answers, bending so far as to temporarily lose basic reading comprehension, that's the guy.
>>
>>55148976
Dave wouldn't troll us. Or would he? I'm not sure of anything at this point.
>>
>>55149097
Dave doesn't troll like that. For some reason people are flinging shit at him now, despite him actually denouncing Mage Supremacy as anything more than a fun joke. It's not like he created it anyway, it's been around since Ascension. But I guess people have to direct their butthurt somewhere.
>>
>>55149271
It's only here in this vile place that shit is tossed. Which is good, because nobody cares about 4chan.

He's the most well-liked of the OPP writers, if I had to take an honest guess. Very open with the fans.
>>
>>55149360
except he wont release the mage faq cos butthurt
>>
>>55149560
I hope he doesn't. It's way funnier this way.
>>
>>55149271
>>55149360
Was just shitposting, but I feel I crossed a line. It's not his fault, he can't control the actions of mage players.
I apologize for that post.
>>
>>55150544
You're not entirely wrong. Nobody cares about 4chan *except* Hiroshimoot and the people who come here. It's like a digital living room, except all we can do is scream abuse.
>>
>>55148303
From time to time.

>>55148976
Not guilty!

>>55149560
Nah, it's just caus I'm too busy.
>>
>>55150671
Dave, hey Dave. Would a Tremere become an archmage/ascend as normal? And are souls a two part thing - the piece that gets stolen by spells/creatures and seems like some sort of power source, and a secondary part that becomes gnosis and self and shape?
>>
>>55150671
Oh shit. He's here.
>>
>>55150712
Nah, it's just one of his Ochemata
>>
>>55150693

Your Gnosis isn't your soul - this is (I think) explained in Mage2e, unless it got cut.

Whether Tremere can become archmasters has been a fuzzy unknown area for ages - when one or the other is finally given 2e rules we'll have to make a decision, but for now it's like the old "what stops Tremere from immediately going Mad given they have to steal souls all the time?" which did at least get fixed by 2e Wisdom leaving them an out.
>>
>>55150671
Howdy, Dave-sempai, Any verdict on the demon thing?
>>
>>55150744
So the 'vessel' that keeps the shape for attainments, and lets sleepers go back to normal as long as they get *a* soul, any soul, that's not really a 'soul' or part of? The soul is an entirely singular thing?
>>
>>55150748
Don't scare him away!
>>
>>55150770
too late
>>
>>55150748
I'm going to regret this...

...What demon thing?
>>
>>55150838
The Prime truth detection vs Demon lying probably.

Just say "Clash" and it'll be ok.
>>
No Dave! Don't do it!
>>
>>55150838
You said you would ask the writer of prime and demons lying ability and see what was intended.
>Can you just do us a big favor and nip this in >the bud? Can Prime detect a Demon's lies, >and if so, would it take more than Pierce >Deception and a Clash?
>>
>>55150744
>this is (I think) explained in Mage2e, unless it got cut.
I don't believe it says that your Gnosis is your soul, but at the same time I don't think it doesn't. It never implies that it's your soul though. The way it's explained it just sounds like a palpable force of enlightenment.
>>
>>55150838
It was just whether or not Prime could detect a Demon's lies. It was pretty benign as these things go. The general understanding that was reached was that whether it does or not should largely depend on the game you're running, Demon or Mage. It's not like the Kinetic Shield thing that swallowed up entire threads.
>>
>>55150849

If a Demon uses his power to tell you that the sky's orange, you can't tell that he's lying but *know* that it's not true - he appears to be mistaken, or insane. The quantum lying power does not cover external verification of the facts.

So, between "the game you're running wins" and the boring-ness of a Clash of Wills (which is hard, as the lying power is neither Exploit nor Embed so doesn't technically have a Clash dice pool) you can go for "as far as the mage's spell can tell, the demon appears sincerely wrong"
>>
File: 1538473748394.png (257KB, 832x680px) Image search: [Google]
1538473748394.png
257KB, 832x680px
>>55150975
Hmmm, this is rather intriguing. I imagine such a situation would produce some interesting back-and-forth between the two parties.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.
>>
File: vampire-kitty-6.png (221KB, 597x598px) Image search: [Google]
vampire-kitty-6.png
221KB, 597x598px
So what aware mortal corporations exist in the World of Darkness? And what do they do? Run through my list, tell me what I've missed.

Last Dynasty is the world's most incredible pharmaceutical corporation. Deva Corp is busy trying to disassemble the God Machine and Demons alike to use it. Amalgama is cheerfully running an Alchemical protection racket . TELM is using the power of magic to organise gay pride parades, if my reading of the Free Council is correct. The Cheiron Group is busy trying to build their Masters the perfect body and using the rejected parts to implant their agents, while the Hototogisu are doing their best to integrate corporate practices with whatever tricks they can steal.
>>
>>55150975
How do you feel about the idea of Mage blood making Vampires trip balls by showing the Supernal Realm that powers that particular mage.
>>
>>55150975
While we've got you here and in an apparently talkative mood, might as well push whatever luck there is and ask another question. Could a Life Ruling spell stop somebody's heart?
>>
>>55150975
So if a demon kills somebody then later lies andt said he didnt.

A mage with pierce deception would not be able to tell the demon was lying? Would know something was wrong or not?

So demon supremacy or mage supremacy based on what you are running?

Good job nobody plays demon then!
>>
>>55151100
God damn you.
>>
>>55151088
A few corporations are fronts for mummy cults.
>>
>>55151100
I thought we came to the conclusion that it could by giving a tilt/condition but it cant instakill somebody.

It still depends on what the intent behind the stopped heart is.
>>
>>55151099
It was vampires getting a kind of Mage Sight by drinking the blood of a Mage, making a bad trip.
>>
>>55151112
Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I really want to know.
>>
>>55151104
Demon supremacy on this. For the purposes of Pierce Deception the mage finds that the demon is "telling the truth."

Mages have many other ways to investigate though. On the whole they still have the advantage over lying demons. Getting inappropriate truth readings might become part of a mage strategy for testing whether someone is a demon.

"Say there's a quarter on the table."
-"It's a dime."
"FUCKING SAY IT!"
-"There's a quarter on the table!"
"False, it's a dime."
-"No shit."
"You're free to go."
-"What the fuck just happened?"
>>
>>55151134
Go read the creative thaum rules, its all in there.

You can stop a heart with compelling practice, its just wont make somebody drop dead.

You can stop it with ruling, it also wont make them drop dead, but they can gain a tilt/condition

You can stop a heart with unraveling and the person will take lethal damage equal to potency,

You can stop a heart via unmaking and the person will keel over dead like that.

Depending on what intent you have behind the stopped heart determines what practice it will be.
>>
>>55151166
You couldn't stop a heart with Compelling because stopping isn't something it does naturally, as a matter of course. It would take Ruling at the least.
>>
>>55151222
Just take Striking Looks/First Impression and break hearts instead
>>
>>55151222
yes the point was however than if your intent was to have somebody insta die from a heart attack then that is the practice of either high potency unraveling or unmaking.

If you wanted to give somebody a tilt/condition and explained it as a heart attack then that would be ruling.

You dont choose practice first then decide what you want to happen, you decide what you want to happen, and what practice best matches that outcome.
>>
>>55151156
Would Spoofing let a Demon roll Cover against getting Voight-Kampffed like this?
>>
>>55151280
So somebody needs to say "I want to cause that persons heart to stop so that they X."

Whatever X is defines what practice one uses.
>>
>>55151156
>"Say there's a quarter on the table."
>-"It's a dime."
>"FUCKING SAY IT!"
>-"There's a quarter on the table!"
>"False, it's a dime."
>-"No shit."
>"You're free to go."
>-"What the fuck just happened?"
Why Am I thinking of Red Dwarf?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB-NnVpvQ78
>>
Anyone ever player Requiem for Rome?

Planning on starting a campaign some point soon. Thoughts on it?

Sounds pretty good to me
>>
>>55151156
No, it doesn't work like that, Demons get to decide whether their statements detect as true or false.

>>55151166
>You can stop a heart with compelling practice, its just wont make somebody drop dead.
Yeah, doesn't matter that the heart isn't beating you can carry on happily with your business. Bloodstream? Bah, who needs such trivialities!
>>
>>55151923
>Yeah, doesn't matter that the heart isn't beating you can carry on happily with your business. Bloodstream? Bah, who needs such trivialities!
>what is cardiac arrest
>>
>>55151870
Once you get past the Bigus Dickus jokes, its fine.
>>
Dave has abandoned us again. He is a fickle god.
>>
>>55131591
>Dresden Files op pic

Good man!
>>
So where the hell are the flaws in 1e nWoD?

I don't mean problems, I mean the penalties you can take for bonus XP. Maybe I'm just too used to D&D having reference guides and more strict layouts, but I know for a fact that there's like ten times as many as are in the core rules published somewhere, ignoring home brewed flaws.
>>
>>55152460

Storyteller's chapter in the core, near the end. The rest are scattered around all the other books. You might want to get a master list online.
>>
>>55152460
2e > 1e
>>
>>55152902

Oh, undoubtedly. But the game I got invited to is 1e, because that's what the ST knows and has books for.
>>
>>55152934
What game?
>>
>>55153107

Vampire, this time around.

It might be the worst character I've ever made.

Imagine if 2D from Shadowrun Storytime was a Deava and you're hitting pretty close to home.
>>
>>55152123
Even Dave must sleep or work sometimes.
>>
>>55153916
>Dave
>working
kek

Signs of Sorcery in 2047
>>
>>55154374
Wasn't the whole delay because he was actually unemployed? Freelancing for OPP provides maybe a nice check to buy some vidya with, you can't live on that shit.
>>
>>55151166

Isnt that a bullshit speedbump that suposedly mage 2d got rid off? If i compel a heart to stop and put a duration permanently then the owner of said heart shouldnt be dead?
>>
>>55151285
As someone said, they choose when their power works. So really they could screw with the Mage real hardcore.

Spoofing only covers when something is trying to realize they aren't human.
>>
>>55154471
You kill them via the Stopped Heart Condition which probably does damage each round until they have brain death.
>>
If I understand Mage 2e and Imperial Mysteries correctly, once Signs of Sorcery is released, it will always have been released or never have not been released, and therefore was and never will be late.
>>
>>55154535
>Stopped Heart Condition
Cardiac arrest. When your heart suddenly stops you go into cardiac arrest.
>>
Beside the Harbingers of Skulls, are there other Cappadocians who are are alive in the modern nights?
>>
>>55141026
Sympathetic links as something that can change and decay. Transportation as getting different reagents (people, objects and places) together, to produce a desired outcome.
>>
>>55154535
>>55154881
So what, like 1 lethal every turn they don't make a Stamina roll or receive CPR? Sounds reasonable. Ruling could certainly take people out of a fight or kajigger situations that are fatal if not dealt with, I don't see how this is much different than using Matter Ruling to create an airless bubble around someone's head.
>>
>>55154881
Thanks Captain Semantics. You've earned your medal for the day.
>>
>>55155796
There really isn't much of a difference. It's just a bunch of bullheaded people who don't get Mage seem to think that stopping someone's heart makes you Lord Voldemort, or should otherwise be beyond a two dot Practice.
>>
File: blade-wesley-snipes.jpg (100KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
blade-wesley-snipes.jpg
100KB, 720x480px
>>55156054
Fuck you butt hurt changeling fag. Trying to depower your mage overlords
>>
>>55156219
This post is confusing on a lot of levels.
>>
>>55156054
>seem to think that stopping someone's heart makes you Lord Voldemort

Isnt that Voldemort whole stichk
>>
>>55156368
I thought it was failing to kill babies and looking like a faggot?
>>
>>55156368
Not really. Abra kadabra or whatever it's actually called would be a Life Unmaking spell, just snuffing the Life out of someone's Pattern with no physical sign as to what really killed them.
>>
>>55151710
>Why Am I thinking of Red Dwarf?

"It's an URRRR. It's an URRRRRR."

"It's a banana! It always has been a banana, and it always will be a banana!"
>>
File: sabrina the teenage moros.gif (497KB, 500x319px) Image search: [Google]
sabrina the teenage moros.gif
497KB, 500x319px
>>55156586
Now that's a defeatist attitude towards fruit transformations
>>
>>55152902

Could we have a civilized edition war, please?

I'm most well versed in nWoD 1e, then oWoD and I've read a bit of 2e Vampire and then just what I've seen here.

From my viewpoint, 2e sounds like an SJW mess, and the excerpts I've seen here that support thatare absolutely horrendous (Null Snyper etc).

What makes 2e better than 1e?
>>
>>55152460

Aren't flaws kind of a flawed concept? I mean... why would you advance faster as a midget than as an able bodied man? The midget/racist/cripple will advance and become much more potent than a normal, unimpaired man, which is... odd.
>>
>>55157634

>Could we have a civilized edition war

Who cares, just stick to 1e if that's what you want, the rationalizations don't really matter
>>
>>55157688

I want to hear informed opinions.
>>
>>55157712

Then you've come to the wrong place.
>>
>>55157403
All I remember about this was Salem being turned into a Cat for a Crime of Hubris.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXijUaTikhM
>>
>>55157896
Salem was the best.
>>
>>55157712
I just made a weird flaming neon lobster thing out of CCBS because I was bored.

You aren't getting an informed opinion out of me.
>>
>>55157922
I concur.

I'm not sure how much of him being a hubris-filled fleabag was a result of him being a cat though.
>>
>>55158030
He was basically exactly who he was before he was a cat. They picked the ideal animal to turn him into at least.
>>
Could you have a cynical cat familiar a la Salem or Morgana in Mage:2e?
>>
>>55158279
I'm reasonably sure yes, though it would be some other entity that merely has the form of a cat.
>>
>>55158311
Well Mona was the living embodiment of Freedom in the Collective Unconscious, so that could work.

Hell, you could probably make a Spirit Ruling Mastigos Legacy based around Personas.

Trick is going to be figuring out how the Arcana of Spirit fits into the shifting halls of Pandemonium.
>>
File: the-cat-with-hands-2.jpg (26KB, 500x268px) Image search: [Google]
the-cat-with-hands-2.jpg
26KB, 500x268px
>>55158089
The ideal animal would have been a cat with hands, unfortunately. He needed *thumbs*.
>>
>>55158559
>He needed *thumbs*.
After the incident with the the pet Labrador, Ardiran was no longer allowed to give quadrupedal animals thumbs.
>>
>>55158559
That's super weird looking. What the fuck is happening?
>>
>>55157634
The SJW stuff is superficial since social justice itself is just speech police bullshit and fuck whitey/killallmen bullshit, none of which they can bring to your table no matter what's in the rules. Don't let it be your reason for choosing editions.

Demon has no 1e so it's a good entry point into 2e if you're at all curious about Demon. Check out Demon and see for yourself the limited impact of SJW stuff (I think there's a sidebar or two you'll roll your eyes at), and you'll also be able to compare the actual systems that way.
>>
>>55158633
https://www.youtube.com/wtch?v=n4PR9NZlAB4

Met a bargirl who was able to lick her fingers with exactly the same jerky motion. Creepy as all fucking get out to see in real life.
>>
>>55157634
>and the excerpts I've seen here that support thatare absolutely horrendous (Null Snyper etc).

Why yes the deliberately cherrypicked excerpts are totally representative of the line. Good call, don't let that trash into your life.
>>
>>55158672
Try that link again, m8
>>
>>55158697
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4PR9NZlAB4
>>
>>55158707
Well that was fucked up. Prime WoD material though fuck if I know what. I feel like that matches some kind of spirit bullshit maybe.
>>
My vampire accidently stepped on a mage's toes.

Should he be scared?
>>
>>55158878
Yeah, sympathetic connection
>>
>>55158878
RIP
>>
>>55158775
A collection of WoD and WoD-esque videos might be a solid idea. There's the Cat With Hands above and the local 58's below - what else?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV0I-iA5lJU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw_HKzo9Ync
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdyknT4uchM
>>
make a new thread, fagness
>>
>>55158923
>that second video
And that's when Luna decided to smite that county for no real reason.
>>
>>55158643
>none of which they can bring to your table no matter what's in the rules.

Someone isn't familiar with the X Card, I see.
>>
>>55159148
They can't make you use the X card. I think only one 2e game even mentions it.
>>
File: 1574838475869.jpg (11KB, 320x568px) Image search: [Google]
1574838475869.jpg
11KB, 320x568px
>>55159165
Watch it. I will X Card your very existence.
>>
>>55158707
>meets man who cannot speak
>matches description of local monster which appears human but cannot speak
>monster reputed to attack and devour humans
>takes man to monster's lair, ensuring no witnesses
>tells story of monster, indicating risk of discovery

This was a suicide. Possibly a kamikaze attempt if something about eating the old man would be hazardous to the monster. But the old man went there to fucking die.
>>
>>55159199
All the X card means to me is "leave the group." It's a sign of people who would be insufferable no matter the system ("did you just assume my anal circumference?").
>>
>>55159232
One of my more SJW friends was all excited when they first heard the idea of it then realized 'this is literally exactly the same as just saying I'm uncomfortable which most everyone would respect anyway'.

I think that if even they could realize that, it really isn't that big of a concern for most people.
>>
>>55159369
It's not the same because it's also a covenant against discussion, and because a prominent system for disrupting the game without explanation will result in more frequent disruptions of the game without explanation. But yes, any positive effects are better achieved informally by talking like a non-spaz.
>>
Which Minor Splats would the Seers following Prophet or Ruin have weaponized?
>>
>>55159459
Prophet would be all over the Immortals. Primarily the Purified, but the some of the more minor ones? Absolutely. If you're an immortal staring down the barrel of eternity and someone comes along and says "Hey, I've got this much money to give you for whatever if you'll give me a hand with a few things down teh line, and oh yeah, we'll give you more money and essence as needed" you're probably going to say "yes please".

Ruin would simply adore the Atariya.
>>
>>55159519
>>55159459
Think Ruin would have a use for Fetches?
>>
>>55159519
>Atariya.
Can I just say that I have no idea what these are?
>>
>>55159558
Minor supernatural from hurt locker. They basically use luck for extra lives. Built entirely around merits.
>>
Here you go, hot bread >>55159813
>>
>>55159622
Okay, so now the question is...how would Ruin exploit this to push her way of preventing people from seeing their Mystical Destiny when it's right in front of them.

Her thing is making people sceptical of the opportunities presented by the the following the light of the Watchtowers so they never think they could be anything greater than what they are now.
>>
File: Vozhd.png (230KB, 503x750px) Image search: [Google]
Vozhd.png
230KB, 503x750px
Quick this just broke down the door to the room you are in, what do you do?
>>
>>55161278
Unmake it using the power of life. I am a master Thrysus right?
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.