[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How dumb does this mechanic sound?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: led-dice-1.jpg (29KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
led-dice-1.jpg
29KB, 640x426px
Rolls are 1d10+skill+attribute.
A character has a pool of "stamina points" derived from attributes. Instead of difficulty modifiers (+2,-4,etc.), difficult tasks cost an x ammount of stamina points, and things that help reduce the cost.
If you don't/can't pay the ammount of points, you throw 2d10, and pick lower.
However, if you manage to drop the stamina cost into the negatives, you get to roll 2d10 and pick the higher.
How fucking retarded does this sound?
>>
that doesn't sound retarded at all.
I`d say that difficulty modifiers should still exist, for example if you manage to drop the stamina cost not only into the negatives, but rather into the double digit negatives. That would make sure that high level characters rarely fail very basic tasks while very difficult tasks will be harder to do for low level characters, without making them impossible
>>
>>55124842
So long as the rules present it well enough it seems like it could be pretty fun. A combination of a couple of tried-and-tested central mechanics.

What sort of breakdown would you have for skills and attributes? Have an idea of how physical conflict would work?
>>
>>55125162
What do you mean by breakdown?
Short description: Few attributes with ranks 1-5, a lot of skills with ranks 1-10, attributes give you a nice round ability, but you need to invest in skills to really shine in your area.

For physical conflict I have a lot of ideas, but related to the earlier post, I was planning for a lot of different kinds of maneuvers, feints, power attacks, stabbing through the visor, all sort of things, that give you different kinds of benefits to your attack. Different kinds of maneuvers would probably also use different traits, maybe even different skills.
Depening on the maneuver they also increase the stamina cost you have to pay attacking. Maneuvers would resolve in an opposed roll, with some defensive maneuvers being an option too.
If the attacker wins, damage is dealt.
Take enough damage, your stamina costs start to increase, and have to pay for even easier things related to the wound.
>>
>>55125310
Small fix, skill ranks are 0-10
>>
>>55125310
>>55124842

Sounds fine... I was working on something like this for my own system too. But with hits rather then totals.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.