[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 66

File: Screenshot_1.png (2MB, 1365x767px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
2MB, 1365x767px
Argus Clusterfuck Edition

Discuss the lore and viability of Warcraft as a tabletop setting.

Previous Thread: >>53943212
>>
who here team /smug/?
>>
I'm so fucking sick of the cosmic scale creep going on. I hate the magic spaceship crap and I can't help but roll my eyes every time someone says "WORLDS" in regards to the Legion's destruction.

I know Warcraft wasn't always traditional fantasy, but the occasional steampunk shit and pop culture references are infinitely more desirable than the clusterfuck we have now.
>>
>>55124385
Yeah, it was neat when they were just ripping off WHF and doing their own spin, now they're trying to also be 40K and it just doesn't work.
>>
>>55124270
3rd for finally no more Illidan and Xe'ra. Praise be.
>>
>>55124385
Atleast they violently dumped the whole "chosen one" thing.
For those who hated the windchime's prophecy thing, this should be very satisfying:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y962Ss46oS0
>>
File: Screenshot_2.png (2MB, 1365x767px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.png
2MB, 1365x767px
Also, Alleria a-cute! CUTE!
>>
File: big winner.jpg (163KB, 631x637px) Image search: [Google]
big winner.jpg
163KB, 631x637px
>Illidan finally did something right
>>
>>55124511
Thanks m8, that genuinely put a smile on my face.

Fuck the light and fuck the naaru.
>>
>>55124508
Now that we had space battles on far-off worlds watch us beat shitty pirates to death for a whole expansion.
>>
>>55124511
Holy fuck, Illidan finally did something right. Even a broken clock and all that, I guess...
>>
>>55124511
>I AM MY SCARS
Maximum Edge
>>
>>55124693
>fuck Xe'ra and fuck Illidan
There, fixed that for you.
>>
>>55124628
kys, elffag. Real women have horns
>>
>>55124303
>DUDE, YOUR FAITH HAS BLINDED YOU XDDDDDDDDDD
What happened?
>>
>>55124511
>>55124693
>>55125227
Im thinking this is what was meant to happen since the beginning even since the moment the prophecy was made. Because they already had the demon hunter class in mind. They couldn't take away the first demon hunter and founder of the class just like that

Imagine what his followers would have thought of him if they had seen him abandoning all his sacrifice just for having his eyes back along with a small burst of power. Like -dude! a bunch of us took our eyes out followng you and now you have your own eyes back? Is that clockwork stuff gonna give our eyes back as well? Because if not then fuck you and your demon hunter class im back to being the ranger i was!
>>
>>55127275
Though i did wanted to see him redeemed. Wanted to see an illidan of the light with feathered wings and all. But hadn't thought of what i just post until now so. I guess he will remain the betrayer. Feels kinda like batman. Always in the dark no matter how good the offer looks

Also. That xe'ra forcing him... didnt looked like a benevolent naaru at all. Could the be another trap from sargueras?
>>
>>55124385
Wasn't this always the plot with everything involving the Burning Legion? It was always an interplanetary invasion force.
>>
Remember when the Naruu were distant, eldritch and alien as fuck, but definitely "good"
Remember when A'dal flew out to Northrend to ensure that the soul of a loyal knight wouldn't be taken by Arthas?
Why did Blizz have to make them into preachy asshole windchimes
>>
>>55127407
Because they needed people to dislike the absolute representation of good so that we'd think that Illidan isn't a complete and utter cunt, which is why they had the preachiest of them all praise him so that we'd root for Illidan killing her because otherwise it would just be yet another on a series of poor choices made by a man who can't admit his own faults

Seriously, have you lot already forgotten that he took over what remained of Draenor and almost destroyed it because he was afraid of some red skinned cunt who gets beaten by a bunch of idiots who play an extended game of whack-a-mole with him?
>>
>>55125024
I'm unironically down with it.

Champion (You) had it with these world-ending menaces and decided to retire on a private yacht into the southern sea - only to find themselves thrown into more adventure (albeit this time with a less apocalyptic tone)

But who am I kidding, no such thing will happen.
>>
>>55127687
>mfw when a gimmicky meme pirate boss in the intro dungeon is harder than mothafuckin Kil'jaeden and Sargeras' Avatar
I can see Blizzard pulling this shit already
>>
>>55124628
She looks like literally every other Blizzard Elf.
>>
>>55127371
>>55127275
The Naaru are not necessarily pleasant while still being distinct forces of good. Sometimes you have to force people into being better, especially if you want to win against an army of demons.
And Xe'ra was a manipulative cunt anyway. Good riddance. A'dal for prime!
>>
>>55124511
I've mixed feelings.

On one hand,
>muh chosen one
nothing of value was lost

On the other hand
>le badass illidan edgelord
it's not an improvement desu

Light that burns is an idea that was pitched a lot in alternate-Draenor, I suppose it is to be expected given how the naaru themselves are shown to work in cycles.
>>
>>55127687
A south seas/kul'tiras/nazjatar expansion as a breather between the heavy stuff seems not all that unlikely, to be honest. Can't dip into killing all the void lords right away, they need more setup.
>>
>>55127853
>On the other hand
>>le badass illidan edgelord
>it's not an improvement desu
He was literally always like that so it's not like he changed one way or the other.
>>
File: 1471351184517.png (521KB, 567x676px) Image search: [Google]
1471351184517.png
521KB, 567x676px
>>55124385
>I'm so fucking sick of the cosmic scale creep going on.
This, although at this point I hope all this shitfest end with a Void victory or something.

>>55124628
>using a generic model for a legendary character
God-fucking-damn, Blizzard.
>>
>>55124385
How long until we have player spaceships?
>>
File: 1447191105706.jpg (125KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
1447191105706.jpg
125KB, 1252x1252px
>>55124641
in b4 he screws up anyway.
>>
File: 1434496870932.png (60KB, 221x205px) Image search: [Google]
1434496870932.png
60KB, 221x205px
>>55128360
>tfw WoW turns into No Man's Sky and does it better because despite how shitty their writing is their games at least work
>>
>>55127556
Game mechanics =/= Lore
>>
>>55127407
You people are such whiners. Just because one naaru is an asshole, it doesn't make them all evil.
>>
File: 400px-Kel'Thuzad_(boss)_full[1].jpg (62KB, 400x573px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Kel'Thuzad_(boss)_full[1].jpg
62KB, 400x573px
>>55124270
>Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

Good, perfect, /vg/ is a bunch of brainlettes who don't want to talk about lore:

WHERE the FUCK is Kel'thuzad? He's not dead, dead, we never destroyed his phylactery, but we haven't heard from him in AGES and I'm worried Blizzard either forget about him (highly unlikely) or they're gonna do something weird with them (very likely).

Bolvar Fordragon hasn't mentioned Kel'thuzad at all and I find that >suspicious< could he be plotting and working with Kel'thuzad? Is Kel'thuzad independent or allied? Could he even be the man behind the curtain at this point? Pulling a wizard of oz??

Kel'thuzad was recently released in Heroes of the Storm and he makes a meta joke about how 'you players' were so busy looting your tier 6-7 equipment you never bothered to look for his phylactery, so blizzard MUST know he's alive, he said he's alive.
>>
>>55124385
imo they should turn warcraft into fantasy space mmo because since cataclysm it really got gay as fuck that there is a world ending threat every year on azeroth
>>
File: 1674738475843.png (8KB, 271x288px) Image search: [Google]
1674738475843.png
8KB, 271x288px
Warcraft lore is absolute garbage. Why do people still look into it. Oh right, because pre-Cataclysm nostalgia.

Fuck, the writing is so fucking cheesed at this point. I can't help but cringe at all the cutscenes and its adamant stance on cool-factor bullshit.
>>
>>55129323
Sad thing is, that's all true.

The setting has been so thoroughly abused, a sudden franchise discontinuation would mercifully end it.
>>
File: (You).png (175KB, 393x625px) Image search: [Google]
(You).png
175KB, 393x625px
>>55124270
>resurrecting this general again after its been dead for months just to talk about the latest chapter in wowshit
>>
File: Maiev did nothing wrong.png (661KB, 412x664px) Image search: [Google]
Maiev did nothing wrong.png
661KB, 412x664px
Maiev did nothing wrong.
>>
>>55124641
Ikr?

It's fucking crazy. I call shenanigans.

>Inb4 the Void Lords show up and he breaks out Sargeras to fight them.
>>
The moment they added Draenei and space ships, the lore began to die. Nothing good has come from what the Draenei has offered for the story and neither have space ships.

WoW was interesting when it was a fantasy world of WC3 with the only way to get to another planet was by big portal gateways.
>>
>>55129613
People have been saying the lore is dead because of [x] reason since before WC3.

The back of the qq line is that way >>>/qq/
>>
File: Alleria-Windrunner.png (360KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Alleria-Windrunner.png
360KB, 1200x675px
>>55124628
SO CUTE!

>>55128977
I really hope they don't ruin him. Kel'Thuzad is such an awesome character.

>>55129511
She's just misguided. Maiev has the potential to be so much more but is so focused on Illidan that it stops her from achieving anything great.
>>
Worst part of Warcraft lore? Ancient elves acting like fucking teenagers.

Jesus fucking Christ almighty. So much for the wisdom of the Night Elves.
>>
The new Warcraft Chronicles books just showcase how bad Blizzard has gotten at writing.

They fucking killed off the Pantheon in the dumbest way possible. And they turned Sargeras into Galactus.
>>
>>55129647
On Maiev, she actually seemed less focused on Illidan this expac than before. Sure, she kept an eye on him and sassed him constantly, but she was also handing out quests and leading the Wardens against the Legion. She also stayed behind on Azeroth and isn't on Argus.

I've always loved her character regardless. She's got the personality of an Inquisitor and embodies what the night elves used to be: Xenophobic savage amazons whose warrior prowess awed even Grom.

I'm hopeful if only because I can't take more disappointment.
>>
>>55129613
This

Space goats and giving Blood Elves to the Horde is what killed everything.
>>
REJOICE!

Brothers the time repulsive low brow writing is reaching its violent end! Know that upon our return from Argus the TRUE masters will have broken through to reclaim Azeroth and its people back into the fold! As the final pieces fall into place an eternal darkness older than the stars themselves shall descend once more and all will rejoice in agonizing despair at their coming! The end finally comes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsK7Eh0n1Ho
>>
Don't forget the Invisible Hat of Insanity so many "villains" wear.

How many fucking characters have they turned "evil" just so they could be raid bosses? My god. Such a waste.
>>
>>55129760
All will die at long last.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsK7Eh0n1Ho
>>
>>55129689
That's good to hear. I have legion but I've yet to play through it yet. I'm still leveling my character but I've read about everything upto the beginning of legion and am purposely not looking into anything legion so I can play through it when I get there. It's good to hear that Maiev is less focused on Illidan, I've always liked her character so hearing that gives me hope for her.
>>
File: b49.gif (1MB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
b49.gif
1MB, 680x680px
FUCK SHITCRAFT AND AGE OF SHITMAR.

BRING BACK FANTASY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Deathlord Jaina.jpg (22KB, 675x380px) Image search: [Google]
Deathlord Jaina.jpg
22KB, 675x380px
>>55129774
not enough
>>
>>55128977
he's hiding and regenerating. How long does it take for a lich to regain physical form?
>>
>>55129789
Hopefully
>>
The fact that Illidan through the whole expansion has been getting the Final Fantasy 7 treatment is getting a little grating. Like I get that in Warcraft he was dark and a bit of a cunt but now Blizz seems dead set on turning him into Sepheroth MK2
Jesus fucking Christ you can bring back an important lore figure without the constant "Guys look how cool and badass Illidan is! Look guys, he's so dark and edgy and cool, are you looking yet? Not you khaoskid663 you faggot, everyone else look though!" fanwanking
>>
If you were to run a Warcraft/WoW campaign, what era would you run it in? What system?

also known as give me ideas.
>>
>>55129937
Don't know about era, but I've been toying with the idea of converting some of the Iron Kingdoms RPG into Warcraft stuff. It wouldn't be that similar to WoW mechanics-wise but I feel like it would capture the feel of the setting well. Would just require a major fix for healing magic, as it almost doesn't exist in the IKRPG.
>>
>>55129937
Before the First War or during Vanilla
>>
>>55130015
What kind of adventure hooks would you run in the Vanilla campaign? There's a lot you can do.
>>
>>55130015
>Vanilla Fags

Go far back, back to the good old days of the Black Empire.
>>
>>55125177
Your past do shape what you become in one way or another. I think they tried to be more deep than edgy there .
>>
considering a few different campaign settings for a warcraft game. i always thought being amongst the first expeditionary forces into northrend would be really fucking cool, but i'd be hard pressed to find adventure hooks with no established settlements.

another one i was considering was a scarlet crusade campaign, set in either vanilla during their peak, or in the wrath era during their decline. maybe have them be a traveling unit, converting people to the crusade against the undead and the scourge, maybe culminating in an attack on tirisfal settlements?
>>
>>55129937
Been working on a Warcraft homebrew off and on. It's still very rough and hasn't had a balancing/mathing pass yet, but it might shape up eventually. I'd sooner play something like that than renamed D&D.
>>
What are the tax policies of the different warchiefs?
>>
File: Dark Iron Dwarves.jpg (98KB, 485x728px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Iron Dwarves.jpg
98KB, 485x728px
As much as the Warcraft lore sucks, they did create one of the coolest dwarves in fiction.

Fuck. I love these guys.
>>
>>55129937
WC3 personally. though there are lots of eras you could run it. I'd go with which era you know the most about or enjoy the most.

>>55130064
Personally I would prefer to play option one. Maybe the PC's are the ones to help start the settlements. Clearing the areas of enemies then protecting the area while the settlement is built. Going on mission to collect items or materials for the buildings. If you have the game fly around the southern parts of northrend you'll be able to get a lot of hooks from seeing all the stuff. Maybe they are the scouting party having to find stuff in Northrend and report back.

>>55130067
Anything to show off yet? I'm interested
>>
>>55130117
>Personally I would prefer to play option one. Maybe the PC's are the ones to help start the settlements. Clearing the areas of enemies then protecting the area while the settlement is built. Going on mission to collect items or materials for the buildings. If you have the game fly around the southern parts of northrend you'll be able to get a lot of hooks from seeing all the stuff. Maybe they are the scouting party having to find stuff in Northrend and report back.

that'd be the plan, yeah. i just don't think i'd be able to offer much variety in terms of hooks that isn't, "explore this place, scout this place, go collect x." i'll give it some thought, though. maybe i just haven't thought too hard about it.
>>
Are the Warcraft systems any good? Any good alternatives?
>>
>>55129937
I'd probably run a Second War game because that was metal as fuck. Paladins, Deathknights, Orcs riding dragons,dwarves riding griffons. That shit just seems like it'd be a fun game.

Though vanilla would be interesting to run since you have a lot wiggle room. An exploration for BC could be cool or running an Argent Crusade game for WotLK
>>
>>55130173
DnD 4e
>>
>>55130092
A lot of TFT/Vanilla WoW is good stuff. The original forest and jungle trolls are are dope, the naga are interesting, the orcs were on the path to redemption but weren't full dindu, you had paladins walking around with massive fuckoff hammers smiting undead.

It was a fun setting but they tried to go too big and the setting broke under the powercreep.
>>
>>55130150
They could be the first people to find out about new threats that the Lich King has. Like stuff Professor Putricide has made or new frost wyrms etc
>>
>>55129937
I'm putting together a sea-based game. There's so fucking much I can do with Booty Bay.
>>
>>55130178
Technically Wrath and Cataclysm would be good settings as well given the sheer conflict and different settings, moreso with cata but the war against the big LK could paint a pretty cool setting if done right.
>>
>>55129643

Draenei lore is dogshit.
>>
File: Warcraft.pdf (278KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Warcraft.pdf
278KB, 1x1px
>>55130117
More narrative-ish, D6. Right now it's just messy brainstormings as opposed to something polished.
>>
Illidan the chosen one reshapes the ideals and virtues by which the good guys of Warcraft must strive towards. His actions also retroactively retcons the context of all prior events of the Warcraft saga. Entities we once considered friendly to or allies of the good guys are now malevolent. The Light is not a contrast to the Fel, but rather more of the same.

Just as orcs were made addicts of the Fel, so were humans made addicts of the Light. But whereas orcs tried to fight their Fel addictions, humanity became drunk on it and destroyed its morality with intentions and policies shaped by their beliefs in the Light that can only be best interpreted as misguided. Any 'hero' who devoted themselves to a singular cause for the Light, the Void, the Titans, the Old Ones, or Sargeras are all the same - slaves doing the bidding of those who only wish to shackle the galaxy's denizens and bend them to their will.

Even actions considered heroic in times past are now twisted. The creation of Ashbringer was an act of malice by cultists intent on shaping true power into a great weapon of genocide. Illidan and Arthas were defeated not by free will, but by conspiracies of alien beings who sought to bend Azeroth to their schemes. Through the Light's bidding, genocides were committed time and again out of misplaced faith in the goodness of the Light.

There are no heroes anymore, only those who would side with and embrace the heroic ideals of Lord Illidan.
>>
Do you guys rp on your server?

Tell us about your character,guild and any cool rp fun that happened while playing
>>
File: fanart-0969-full.jpg (245KB, 797x1001px) Image search: [Google]
fanart-0969-full.jpg
245KB, 797x1001px
>>55130209
A game set during the launch event of Wrath would be fun. You couldn't even go near capital cities for a while because of the plague.

A single person could turn a solid quarter of Stormwind into ghouls if they were persistent enough, it was a fun time.
>>
File: WoW_Chronicle_Magic.jpg (690KB, 1350x1800px) Image search: [Google]
WoW_Chronicle_Magic.jpg
690KB, 1350x1800px
>>55130231
Are you using the Chronicles diagram for your magic system? It's a beautiful piece from an otherwise terrible book.
>>
File: n8tLBOI.jpg (168KB, 710x888px) Image search: [Google]
n8tLBOI.jpg
168KB, 710x888px
>>55130193
>>
>>55130258
Yeah. Doesn't have a particular effect, yet, but I've been keeping it in mind. Having Fire magic be the chaotic reaction of Holy and Fel is pretty neat.
>>
File: Zin-Azshari.jpg (769KB, 1742x1163px) Image search: [Google]
Zin-Azshari.jpg
769KB, 1742x1163px
>>55130258
The artwork was the only passable thing about Chronicles. Amazing artists.
>>
Territories before the First War
>>
>>55124511
>Child of Light and Shadow
>Illidindu Nuffingrage
With knowledge that the Fel was first created as leftover energy from Light and void annihilating each other, Xe'ra was a fool that she thought that Illidan must be Light infused. A satisfying end to that windchime.

Also, alt-Light seems to be as corrupting as the Void in its extreme can be. Scarlet Crusade could use Light powers not through power of faith, but through enforcing dictatorial order, which is in opposition of anarchy that is the Void.
>>
File: 1515.png (74KB, 541x566px) Image search: [Google]
1515.png
74KB, 541x566px
>>55124385

Blame Draenei players. They are the most insufferable shitbags in the entire game and demand their fag mary sue race be more important than either the humans or orcs.

They are the ones who pushed for these gay plotlines because they wanted to go back to their "home" Argus. I hope Draenei are never relevant again after this expansion,.
>>
>>55130231
Pretty cool. Keep working on it.
>>
Illidan didn't want his sacrifices taken, so he killed a crazy wind chime.
>>
>>55130377
>implying the draenei are worse than the blood elves in that regard
>>
>>55127687
>>55127858
Give me updated Gadgetzan, and I'm in.
>>
>>55127407
Even as they built up how big and evil the Void is, they've been making it clear things are more complicated than that for awhile. Light has been used for evil before, as we've seen from the Scarlet Crusade. Odyn wields the Light, and he's a self-righteous ass. When it comes down to it, users of the Light simply have to believe what they're doing is right.

Because of this, most Light-users usually aren't evil. Most people don't have too warped an ideal of righteousness or of how things should be. Naaru are individuals, but them doing what they believe is right will generally result in them being good. But let's look at Xe'ra. She's been sucking Illidan's dick from the beginning, and Illidan is kind of an awful person who does awful things. What does that say about Xe'ra's moral code when everything Illidan did was justified from her perspective?

In the end, Xe'ra did what she felt was right, by the standards she had already proven herself to believe in. Illidan enslaved Broken, kidnapped Orcs and had them injected with Fel blood, and so much more. Xe'ra was following the same "sometimes the hand of fate must be forced/ends justify the means" mentality she openly supported.
>>55127853
>Light that burns is an idea that was pitched a lot in alternate-Draenor
As well as Shadow giving shelter to the Outcasts. There are likely going to be further hints that the Void isn't all bad.
>>
File: A_Final_Blow_TCG.jpg (319KB, 1113x800px) Image search: [Google]
A_Final_Blow_TCG.jpg
319KB, 1113x800px
>>55129937
Honestly, anywhere between WC3 and Cata would work, I could even put something together for MoP. My ideal would probably either be WC3-Vanilla era, or the entirety of WotLK. BC's my favorite, though.

>>55130195
I think what really made Warcraft is that even when it wasn't the most interesting or inspired, there was still a great deal of lore to sift through. You could really tell they cared. Past tense being key there. No, I'm not salty.

>>55130303
I miss the WoW TCG. When the art was bad, it was terrible. When it was good, though, it was really cool.
>>
>>55128977
Arthas wanted to have revenge on Acherus.
Bolvar has different plans for it.
Kel'Thuzad was majordomo for the Lich King Arthas.
It's good to have a highly competent majordomo.
>>
>>55130245
The only time I did RP it was a shitfest. I joined a guild and became one of its most popular members by exclusively being very friendly and making my character somebody that everybody could feel more powerful than. (Regular prot warrior with relatively underwhelming physical capabilities, in comparison to the guild leader who played a warrior and always emoted doing Herculean feats of strength and shit). Everybody else played a massively overpowered character that would defeat every event with easy and overly long winded emotes.

Maybe I'm bitter because I got shoehorned into playing an alliance prettyboy by my friends, but it really was an utter shitshow.
>>
>>55124270
lore got fucked when WoD became a thing, at least after MoP they still had potential to undo shit like using the pandaren ancients to somehow make the aspects 100% again via titan bullshit but no, once timetravel became a thing this franchise is fucking done for, I'm honestly waiting for the lore reset
>>
File: 4237245.jpg (9KB, 192x172px) Image search: [Google]
4237245.jpg
9KB, 192x172px
>>55130377
Their fucking Visas are overdue. Outland wasn't good enough, Draenor wasn't good enough, they won't stop pushing their shit until Argus is right next to Azer- Oh wait..
>>
>>55130382
Thanks. It's fun to waste time on.

>>55130427
At least you weren't a Gnome. I wanted to kill myself after thirty levels of sitting on tables to be eye-level.
>>
>>55130415
What kind of adventures would you run in BC and Wrath?
>>
>>55129689
Was there not some sexual tension between Maiev and Illidan at some point? Or am I completely messing up people?
>>
>>55129798
Maiev's interactions with Illidan are more borderline belligerent sexual tension than ever for me.
>Cathedral of Eternal Night (part of the former Temple of Elune, now Tomb of Sargeras, formerly unspecified Titan construct)
>Maiev: Did you really think you could elude me, Illidan? Run again and I'll shackle you like the beast you are.
>Illidan: Posture if you must, Maiev, but for now, do what you do best and follow me.
>Maiev: Forgive me if my glaive finds your heart, Illidan. With so many demons about, it's hard to distinguish you from the rest of the filth.
>>
>>55130480
Everyone wanted to assume that Maiev prison raped Illidan for cathartic reasons because the two hate each other and Maiev has an unhealthy obsession with him.
>>
>>55130493
Clear indications that she wants it HARD in the ass, despite that I find the r34 on those two extremely lacking.
>>
>>55129937
Trolls is always the best answer.
>>
>there are people, many of whom I assume have lives, jobs, and even girlfriends, who still follow Warcraft lore after the mayan Apocalypse

I'm lmaoing @ ur life.
>>
File: 36.jpg (977KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
36.jpg
977KB, 1920x1080px
>>55130507
>Wanted
I take it as canon
>>
>>55130407

There is justification to Illidan's actions though, almost all the time. Annoyingly so, even.

>Initially supported Azshara because her regime represents order and stability.
>Joined the rebellion because he loved Tyrande and believed in her righteousness.
>Created the Demon Hunter order, which has contributed to the survival of the living against the demons for the longest in recorded history.
>Although he took a vial of magic water for selfish reasons, his actions gave birth to the nation of High Elves.
>His greatest contribution in the fight against the Undead was the great earthquake, which more or less stopped the Undead march on Azeroth and crippled the Lich King.
>Although he was half insane and tricked by both the Naaru and Kael'thas into greenlighting the Shattrath siege, his regime united the post war Alliance and Horde in a campaign culminating in the liberation of Outland and Sunwell Isle from the Burning Legion.
>Continued to hunt the Burning Legion prior to his death, and established another order of Demon Hunters who would go on to become great heroes of Azeroth.
>The united front against Illidan served as the basis for unity in future wars against the Burning Legion, the Lich King (who had only just regained the strength necessary to continue the campaign against the living), the Black Dragonflight, Garrosh's tyranny, and the Iron Horde.
>Illidan is eventually freed and slays Gul'dan, ridding the multiverse of his villainy.
>Illidan slays Xe'ra to force people to accept their mistakes and fight for themselves.

In short, he is basically Azeroth's greatest and most tragic hero at this point.
>>
File: Broxigar.jpg (470KB, 850x613px) Image search: [Google]
Broxigar.jpg
470KB, 850x613px
>>55130245
I was in the Blacktooth Grin on Venture Co. for a while. Cool guys.

Before my sub ran out, I managed to get my character booted from the clan for beating the shit out of a superior officer and sticking my warrior-nose into occult business I wasn't supposed to be involved in. One of the warlocks invited my orc (who very loudly detested anything and everything fel) to some sort of conversion ritual the occult arm of the clan was holding. I don't know why he invited me but it wound up with me kicking an officer's teeth in and completely foiling their plan to convert one of the clan's shaman into a warlock. Was stripped of my rank and beat half to death as punishment.

It was a fun way to go out.
>>
For people still playing, what are the news with Jaina and Genn? Have they finally managed to Turn Anduin into the warmonger we need?

>>55130507
Nothing like a bit of hatefucking a dude in chains once in a while. Especially when it's a sexy fit amazon night elf.
>>
>>55130377
literally this
>>
>>55130507
>>55130565

People pairing Maiev and Illidan willingly ignore or forget that Maiev and Naisha were a thing in the underground centuries, and that Maiev was only driven to such extremes after Naisha died.
>>
>>55130595
Maiev and Naisha spit-roasting Illidan for centuries is now canon.
>>
>>55129937
Space pirates. Ethereal, Draenei, Arakkoa, whatever. In space.
>>55130547
Sure, there's some justification, but his motives are often warped and he does terrible things. A lot of what you mentioned wasn't even intentional on his part. If Xe'ra is saying he did nothing wrong, and she's a Naaru, that means she genuinely believes that. Meaning she's a fucking monster.
>>
File: are they lovers now.jpg (86KB, 500x518px) Image search: [Google]
are they lovers now.jpg
86KB, 500x518px
>>55130480
Not...overtly.

But carnal/visceral/sensual descriptors have been used to describe their interactions in the past. So, while they've never boned, there is substantial reason to believe there's some severely repressed sexual tension between them.

For instance, Maiev once fantasized about cutting off Illidan's head, fantasized "running her fingers through his silky black hair, feel the drip of blood from his neck as she raised his head aloft before the assembled army of fel orcs." (<--paraphrased a bit, but that's basically what she though. Silky hair and all.)

The battle where Maiev was betrayed by Akama and captured (later placed in the Warden's Cage we see in BC) prior to the Burning Crusade's events, there was a point where Maiev was lying face-down unconscious on the battlefield. Illidan came over and flipped her over with his hoof, looking her body up and down.

And in the novelization of their Black Temple duel, see pic related.

So while there's nothing...overtly stated, there's plenty of cause for speculation.

They also bicker like an old married couple in one of the new Legion dungeons.
>>
>>55130244
Da only good way is da way of da voodoo, mon.
Da Light makes ya into genocidal maniacs, like da Scarlet Crusade.
Da Void mutates ya and makes ya crazy with whispers.
De Fel destroys ya and da world.
Da Arcane transforms ya. Poor Dark Trolls became Elves.
Da Nature? Look at da horns on dem Druids, dat ain't natural.
De Necromancy? Dead should be dead, not undead.
Da Elements? Look at da Drogbar. Dey may call ya "brul", but we can tell dey used to be Trolls, mon.

Voodoo is da only way to power and communicating with da Loa.
>>
>>55130595
Maiev and Naisha were never a thing. They had a mentor/student relationship paralleling Tyrande's and Shandris's.

Any lewd inserts are on you, but aren't canon.
>>
>>55130651
Drogbar can't be trolls, just underground people.
>>
>>55130595
>Were a thing
Really?
Maiev's a lesbian? Illidan is a filthy patriarchist? That explains a lot.
>>
>>55130677
They weren't a thing. That's not canon. Anon is just inserting its headcanon.
>>
>>55130448
All expansions except of WoD had something that made them good.
Coincidentally, all expansions except of WoD had a Troll-related dungeon or raid.
Legion pretends it doesn't, but it's pretty clear that Drogbar are Rock Trolls.
>>
File: received_1579488405429147.gif (825KB, 498x268px) Image search: [Google]
received_1579488405429147.gif
825KB, 498x268px
>>55130650
>breast to breasts, close as lovers
Oh me oh my.
That writer knew exactly what he was doing.
>>
>>55130645

>Sure, there's some justification, but his motives are often warped and he does terrible things. A lot of what you mentioned wasn't even intentional on his part. If Xe'ra is saying he did nothing wrong, and she's a Naaru, that means she genuinely believes that. Meaning she's a fucking monster.

Many demon hunters agree with her assessment. His existence, although antagonistic at (many) times, has contributed a great deal of good to Azeroth and is, I dare say, absolutely necessary considering how much Azeroth persevered to get to this point. A world without Illidan would have been overrun by demons or the undead long before current events.

Illidan was far more necessary to Azeroth's survival than Thrall ever was. He is, for all his flaws and evils, the greatest hero in the world.
>>
>>55130651

Trolls smoke weed every day, which is basically how they slept on the bug threat and saw their empires crushed forever. Trolls are society's argument for banning weed.
>>
>>55130699

Maiev begs heroes to go back into the Tomb of Sargeras to free her damned spirit. The only people she has ever given a damn about are people she absolutely hates or people she absolutely loves.
>>
>>55130729

Thrall's also proven 100% a fucking idiot by using the Doomhammer wrong for over two decades.
>>
>>55130708
William King wrote it. Honestly, I'm 100x more fond of his portrayal of night elf characters than Knaak's. I hope the get him back for a novelization of Legion. I was especially pleased with how he wrote Maiev and Illidan. Maiev reminded me of an Inquisitor and Illidan of a Chaos Sorcerer of Tzeentch.
>>
>>55128977
The one in the Nexus actually could be ours, since we're pretty sure the Nexus is Varian and Ragnaros' Valhalla, and our Chromie seems to remember being in HotS matches.
>>
>>55130757
You can love someone without wanting to bone them.

Naisha was like a daughter to her, and her closest friend.
>>
>>55130773

Thrall was an idiot for thinking the spirits are his friends. They weren't, and he should have transitioned to another class. Now hes the most useless named warrior in the setting because he can't fight worth a damn, and no orc can respect that.
>>
>>55130779
The hand of fate must be forced
>>
>>55130668
>Drogbar use term "brul"
>Troll use term "mon"
>Drogbar resembles Dire Trolls
>Drogbars have stones in place of hair where a Troll would have his mohawk
>In War of the Ancients, Malfurion thought that the beings he fought in the chamber which held Dragon Soul were Trolls
Drogbar are Dark Trolls that were transformed with the power of the Earth Warder and/or Hammer of Khaz'goroth.
>>
>>55130779
>William King
Isn't he the one that wrote quite a lot of good, fairly old (now) fluff for 40k?
That would explain it.
>>
>>55130801

Maybe he goes back to being a Warrior. He was trained by Blackmoore, after all.
>>
>>55130795

>Naisha was like a daughter to her, and her closest friend.

Like how all the bikini amazon elves were strictly daughters and friends to each other for hundreds upon hundreds of years? Buy a clue, anon.
>>
File: Coilfang_Reservoir.jpg (141KB, 730x512px) Image search: [Google]
Coilfang_Reservoir.jpg
141KB, 730x512px
>>55130475
There are a lot of things you can do with both, and honestly the expansions already do a lot of the work for you. Just running a campaign along the rough lines of what happened would be pretty fun, but if you want something original, here's a few plot hooks off the top of my head. Not all these could support a full campaign:

Burning Crusade
>You've been captured by naga in Zangarmarsh and must work together to escape before you're delivered to the Coilfang Reservoir for experimentation under Warlord Kalithresh's supervision.
>Your faction is struggling in the Blade's Edge Mountains. Forging an alliance with the native ogres by gaining High King Maulgar's favor could make settling the region easier, but care must be taken, lest his primitive court see you as competition.
>The rolling hills of Nagrand are one of the more peaceful regions of Outland, but the Illidari have begun making forays into the area in search of a treacherous demon hunter, threatening the already precarious stability of the region. They must be stopped before they can rendezvous with Swamplord Musel'ek's broken.

Wrath of the Lich King
>A shocking discovery has been made while exploring the caverns beneath the Dragonblight. An ostensible scion of the nerubian royal family has arisen and seeks to not only reclaim the empire, but to also restore it to its former glory. Chances are slim that he'll succeed, but his cohorts might make valuable allies.
>Strange, otherworldly technology has been appearing in the hands of Malygos' mage hunters. It seems the Ethereum has finally made good on its promise to aid him.
>The remains of your caravan/regiment were scattered after a pyrrhic victory against skirmishers of the opposing faction. Now you're forced to contend with the rugged wilds of the Grizzly Hills.

Also, read Travels Through Azeroth and Outland. Even if it's all noncanon, it really paints a great picture of Azeroth. If I have anymore ideas, I'll post them.
>>
>>55130782
>Kel'Thuzad has portal to Nexus in his Phylactery
>>
File: troll_wars.jpg (288KB, 1200x1603px) Image search: [Google]
troll_wars.jpg
288KB, 1200x1603px
>>55130258
Actually, that reminds me. Should ask this thread.

What are some very, very low level magic spells that you could imagine a spell-casting class having, and which class? Things like conjuring ice-cubes, turning pages of a book, reading light, etc. for a mage.
>>
>>55129937
Time travel.

You're all Trolls, one of each tribe, sent back to supercontinent Kalimdor for one purpose.

Save the Troll Empires. The Kaldorei must fall.
>>
>>55130814
Yup. I really really really hope they get him back for more.

Compared to most other Warcraft books, the Illidan book is pretty damn metal. It made me like Outland even more than I already did.
>>
>>55130816

He'll just be a quest NPC for the eventual 'Jaina is trying to genocide the orcs against we gotta stop her once and for all' raid. There is no need for his character anymore now that Illidan has taken over his role completely and how Sylvanas wins the Horde popularity contest forever.
>>
>>55130773
Is that explained in the Shaman quests? Never heard of that. All I know is that he trips and litteraly lets it fall to the center of the world ans you have to go and get it.
>>
>>55130829
Honestly, a lot of D&D cantrips seem like they'd be on the mark. Mage Hand is canon, for instance.
>>
>>55130844

Doomhammer is a one handed weapon that Thrall's been using with two hands this whole time. The Doomhammer is supposed to generate a second hammer made of the elements for its user to go ham on a poor soul with, but Thrall never ooga booga'd correctly enough to do it.
>>
>>55130834
>Elo, my Dark Troll bruthas. I have an advice for ya, mon. Don't build a home around da pools of Arcane power. It's bad for ya tusks.
>>
>>55130852
>Mage Hand is canon, for instance.
Good to know. Kind of autistically want the things to be canon, or at least semi-cannon, but I don't see too many mentions of low-level magic anywhere.
>>
>>55130811
But see, trolls dont LIFT
>>
>>55130872

The bar is pretty raised on Azeroth for magic. Low level magic is basically "fireball."
>>
>>55130877

Trolls can lift, there are a ton of buff Trolls in the various raids.
>>
>>55130872
You kind of just have to make assumptions. Blizzard isn't really interested in that sort of thing. No jokes, maybe look at some Hearthstone cards? The WoW TCG might be able to give inspiration, too.

>>55130880
This is also a setting where a wolf can eat a "Fireball" and keep coming, though, if you're just going by mechanics.
>>
>>55130864

Its not Thrall's fault, he was raised to be a nice white boi. Now look at him, and then look at Illidan. The morale lesson here is you gotta be true to your roots to succeed. Go full gangsta, don't pretend to be a stupid humie.
>>
>>55129511
I wonder what her opinion of Illidan killing Xe'ra is.
>>
>>55130829
Conjuring a light breeze, pain relieving spell (not healing) but aspirin tier, not "my guts are out but I can keep fighting" tier, a cleaning spell, conjuring soap bubbles, growing a blade of grass, summoning the soul of a fly, and then some.
>>
>>55130890

Apparently living on the soul of a Titan makes things a little weirder than they normally would be.
>>
File: 1475613779902.png (528KB, 2171x2380px) Image search: [Google]
1475613779902.png
528KB, 2171x2380px
>>55130877
I guess ya have never seen a Dire Troll, mon. Or dat Forest and Ice Trolls are bigger in da shoulders dan da Jungle Trolls.
>>
>>55130892

>I fucking warned you all of Illidan's bullshit.
>Oh, you want me to help now? Too bad, I'm done with this life kthxbai.
>>
>>55130910
If jungle trolls are so skinny, why are they the most savage?
>>
File: point.gif (2MB, 500x301px) Image search: [Google]
point.gif
2MB, 500x301px
Do you think Maiev bench-presses?
>>
File: Troll_Berserker.jpg (163KB, 625x509px) Image search: [Google]
Troll_Berserker.jpg
163KB, 625x509px
>>55130877
Them be fightin' words mon.
>>
>>55128977
Don't forget that one writer guy who stated Kelly T survived 2 lich kings, obviously saying he's still alive somewhere
>>
>>55130920

They don't grow anything, they just kill things in the forest and roast it or stew it.
>>
>>55130231
That's actually pretty sweet please keep working on it I'd love to see updates about it!

>>55130493
I'd probably have to see the scene but that just kinda seems like pure hatred
>>
>>55130900
>Azeroth hosts a titan
>So does Argus
>Draenor is a death-world that suffers from having too much Elemental Spirit
>Ethereal lost their physical bodies and became energy beings when Void being Dimensius the All-Devouring invaded their world.
I wonder in what kind of world Aldrachi evolved.
>>
>>55130892
I'd argue thay it reinforces her opinion of him as a filthy monster that needs to be dominated but at the same time she'd understand his point of choosing to continue on his own path to fight the Legion, and not take the "easy way out" for redemption, even though she wouldn't accept him as redeemed, ever.

Like a mild, grudging respect hidden under layers upon layers of disgust and hate and a glazing of sexual tension.
>>
>>55130928
She's a warden, can probably bench press a doomguard.
>>
>>55130880
>>55130890
Yeah, that's a large part of the trouble. I second guess a lot of the spells I'm considering, and have trouble with some of the classes.

>>55130899
Those are helpful, thanks.

>>55130944
Thanks, plan to. It's just slowly progressing due to being a side-project.
>>
>>55130928
That armor has to weigh 200lbs at least. And that glaive is probably 70-100lbs.

There's no way she's not /fit/ like a goddess.
>>
>>55130936
In the nexus of course.
>>
>>55130816
I was about to say this. Thrall used to be a badass. Dude kicked the shit out of Orgrim mother fucking Doomhammer without using shaman powers.

Go'el needs to leave and bring back Thrall.
>>
>>55130944
>I'd probably have to see the scene but that just kinda seems like pure hatred
I think it's open to interpretation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCv7dnMd2jw the quote in question starts at 0:30
>>
>>55130951
I can see that, yeah.

>spoiler text
>tfw Maiev will never tie you down and step on you
>>
>>55130973
I wouldn't worry about it too much. With how piss-poor the Warcraft RPG is, I think most people would just be glad to have something that even remotely resembles Azeroth and World of Warcraft.
>>
>>55130949
They're hard core enough to fight demons and needed Sargeras himself to kill the leader.
>>
File: received_1365241373515555-1.png (896KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
received_1365241373515555-1.png
896KB, 1080x1080px
>>55130979
I would photoshop it if I knew how but oh well.
Nothing like a fit girl imo.
>>
>>55130973
I think that The Last Guardian is a good book to read to have a feel of a low level mage's abilities, and it definitely helps to understand how mages create fire and frost.
>>
>>55130951

Except it wasn't "the easy way out". He proved to this one Naaru that he alone was worthy of being THE CHOSEN ONE with his whole tortured two lives. But its not like he knows what being redeemed looks or feels like. He only knows how to be his tortured self. He likes being tortured and miserable, and he believes his constant misery drives him into right action.
>>
>>55130245
Played an orc hunter on WrA. When Cata first dropped got into a fight because my character thought Garrosh was going to get the Horde killed starting a war with the Alliance when we've had countless of our men die in Northrend. I think it was a Troll warrior and Orc rogue that kicked my character's dragged him out of Orgrimmar for being weak.

I also remember joining a couple of clan guilds with alts. They usually died but were fun while they lasted.
>>
File: maiev_wip_4_by_samariyu-db9ikgp.jpg (111KB, 841x949px) Image search: [Google]
maiev_wip_4_by_samariyu-db9ikgp.jpg
111KB, 841x949px
>>55131024
Found this on a google image search. It's the best we're gonna get for now.

There's also a WC3 wallpaper somewhere where she looks pretty strong. It's hard to tell from her position, but you can make out biceps and forearm muscle lines.
>>
>>55131023

>They're hard core enough to fight demons

So are gnomes, and goblins, and my pet turtle.

>and needed Sargeras himself to kill the leader.

Like how Broxxigar needed a Sargeras cameo to stop his killing streak? Thats not a particularly great achievement in and of itself.
>>
>>55130562
>I was in the Blacktooth Grin on Venture Co. for a while.

Woah, me too. Did you know Faquarl?
>>
>>55130979
You're counting this if they were made from some metal alloy. But WoW weapons and armors are actually made of Worbla.
>>
>>55130984
If only Thrall had learned as much from Grom as Grom learned from him.
>>
>>55131023
>They're hard core enough to fight demons

>tfw Illidan sent you on fetch quests while Maiev demanded you kill 200 demons and come back bathed in their blood
Is Maiev more Khorne than Illidan?
>>
>>55131045
I was on WrA as well. It was a great time throughout Cata, but the community was nearly broken in my experience by the time the Darkspear Rebellion shit started. The Horde just couldn't survive the IC conflict all the OOC shit it started because people were prima donnas.
>>
>>55131001
Definitely. It'd be nice to have something that more closely matches up with the Warcraft magic system and feel, if that can be achieved. Never been a huge fan of D20 either.

>>55131026
Will check it out.
>>
>>55131023
I suppose unique composition of the world minerals also helped make them that powerful.
>Eredar smith that made Maw of the Damned had to use piece of the world close to which Sargeras has killed the other Titans to give it power to absorb life
>Sargeras imprisoned Ulthaleth in stone from the world he was imprisoning demons for eaons
>Aldrachi had minerals with soul absorbing abilities since the beginning, and ritual to obtain such weapons required to defeat former owner while using a regular weapon, and then using their weapon (which they used during the fight) to absorb soul of the former owner
What kind of world naturally have minerals with soul-absorbing powers?
>>
>>55130995
Do we know if Maiev left Illidan alone in his cell when he was chained, or did she the prison at least once?

I could definitely see her hatefucking him, giving him a few more scars to remember her for and hickeys that need tatoos to hide. Poor, poor Illidan, chained and helpless.
>>
>>55131058
Their leader wounded Sargeras with that weapon. And he did it hard enough that Sargeras annihilated his soul in a fit of rage.
And Sargeras usually do not offer to make demons out of goblins, gnomes, and your pet turtle.
>>
>>55131033
Hence why I put it that way. It's not like the Naaru would have clicked its fingers and go "Poo motherfucker, everyone forgives and likes you now, go bone Maiev pretty boy".
At best that meant more work and more suffering before winning, at worse that meant sacrificing himself (yet again).
>>
>>55131116

>And Sargeras usually do not offer to make demons out your pet turtle

... yet
>>
>>55131102
Canonically, she checked on his cell a lot more often than other Watchers. Even so, sometimes decades or centuries went by without Illidan seeing a soul.

There's no implication that his cell was ever opened during his 10,000 year imprisonment.

Doesn't mean they can't bone through the bars, tho. He wasn't chained.
>>
>>55131058
We'll I this raid we're going to kill Aggranmar and the Argus titan.

Guess everyone just falls to the combined might of angry asshole adventurers.
>>
>>55131077
Well one is a female, and Khorne does not care from where the blood comes, only that it flows. Of course she'd be more Khorne. She honours him every month or so.
>>
>>55131127

Thrall got his head shaved and everyone went to his wedding. So yes, it can be that simple.
>>
>>55131162
>Maiev will never bathe me with demon blood then rub her elf period on my face

Why live?
>>
>>55131133
>Even so, sometimes decades or centuries went by without Illidan seeing a soul.
The blue (purple?) balls must have been real.

>There's no implication that his cell was ever opened during his 10,000 year imprisonment.
But are we sure it stayed close? That goes both way.

Nothing like a cheeky quickie every century or so. Maybe that's why Maiev hates him so much. Waiting hundreds of years between each fuck only for him to last 5 seconds, I'd be pissed too.
>>
>>55128977
In the original death night order hall quests you had to go into naxx to find his notes.
I feel like the best way they could use him would be to force a sort of Cataclysm 2.0 with the scourge.
>Bolvar has never had to bend the undead to his will, just aim their brainless masses
>KT gets secreted away by cult of the damned
>Seeing as the litch king is no longer an option Kt goes ham into the cult like twilight hammer before Cata
>They are fucking everywhere messing with shit
>Plague 3.0, now completely under Kel's control
>Bunch of zones now become half necrotic waste lands with mini necropolis everywhere
>Players initially skeptical of bolvar and blame him
>He hasn't had not is able to exert his will over the more experience control of KT over the new Scourge thought the old undead horse is still largely under his control.
>Final fight is in a remade Scholomance raid.
>>
>>55131081
I could only imagine. I fell out by Cata and then hopped back a couple weeks before WoD because i thought that'd be cool and well...I'm just kinda sad I can't have fun in WoW anymore.
>>
>>55131164
Thrall was basically Jesus at this point and it took his writer/voice actor/self-insert to leave the company for him to be normal again yo.
>>
>>55131212

More likely than not he would just pledge allegiance to the current Lich King. Its not like hes particularly picky on who his boss is.
>>
>>55131212
By the way, what has Bolvar been up to since remaking the 4 horsemen and what not?

Are the DK a sorta neutral party still, or have they gone full good guys again? I thought it was a nice change to see them doing their own thing that may or may not mean a new scourge.
>>
>>55131256
Would rather see the Illidari and the Ebon Blade lock horns.

The ones who sacrificed everything arguing with the one who do what the living cannot.
>>
>>55131236

I'm just saying that Azeroth has been forgiving before, as long as there is a standing argument that you saved the world at some point.
>>
>>55131102
Maiev plz
>>
>>55131256
>gone full good guys

Pretty much the opposite.

I mean, those were the last Red Dragon whelps in existence.
>>
>>55131272
I love all those memes when the DH first came out and their taunts where shown to be "What have you sacrificed?" and every DK player was rolling their eyes.
>>
>>55131218
I'll be honest and admit I enjoyed WoW because a) I was a kid discovering MMO b) I had the time to grind and c)the sheer scale of it was fucking massive at the time
Nowadays I respect the fact that they do try, but MMO are not working anymore, people don't want to spend hours every day grinding, whole nights raiding and what not. We grew up, times change.

It's like how RTS aren't really a thing anymore, and then they might be again at some point. Maybe it's like fashion, a cycle, but vidya hasn't been around long enough for us to see.
>>
Did Ner zhul die when Arthas was killed?
>>
>>55131298
I remember that too. Pretty akward to ask the guy who litteraly died what they have given when you've lost your eyes but can still see.
>>
>>55131291

Dragons will go extinct anyway, and they all know it.
>>
>>55131315
You get rid of the last remnants of his spirit in the DK order hall quests I think.
>>
>>55131326
That was a really stupid plot point.
>>
>>55131326
Yeah, but seriously? Stopping to wipe out the babies?
>>
>>55131337

WoW is one giant stupid plot point, where the point changes every couple of years depending on whos hot and whos not.
>>
>>55131355
This is very true.
>>
File: One Night In Karazhan.png (293KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
One Night In Karazhan.png
293KB, 500x365px
Reminder that Medivh was a party animal.
>>
>>55131349
but they're easier to kill
>>
>>55131373
Never understood how they came up with that. Medivh was a crazy recluse.
>>
>>55131391
memes
>>
File: smug artillery man snapchat.jpg (110KB, 550x525px) Image search: [Google]
smug artillery man snapchat.jpg
110KB, 550x525px
>>55129835
but fantasy has been digitized in the hands of actual fans of the setting and will forever be free of the cancer that is mmos
>>
>>55131391
Did you play through Kara in the game?
There where regular parties in and a whole theater troop that lived there, it was just Medivh himself that never showed up and that could be fudged.
>>
File: mediv CAWCAWCAWCAW.png (406KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
mediv CAWCAWCAWCAW.png
406KB, 900x600px
>>55131391
>>55131399
>>
>>55131391
Bottom of the page. Medivh was making parties until that unfortunate encounter with his mother which killed everyone visiting Karazhan then, which is why full of ghosts now.
>>
>>55131419
My favorite raid, I just kind of assumed that shit predated Medivh since he didn't build the tower and he never made use of it himself. At least until Sargeras was in control and he lured people in to get their souls.
>>
File: 1504058729296.webm (3MB, 962x720px) Image search: [Google]
1504058729296.webm
3MB, 962x720px
>>55131420
>>
>>55131454
Never read Chronicle, I was just going by that one novel. Guess that's been retconned too
>>
File: Fite.gif (1MB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
Fite.gif
1MB, 480x272px
>>55131474
>>
So like, after all the war efforts and the legion invasion and shit like the Demon Hunters, in setting, what is the popular opinion on warlocks and where are new ones coming from?
>>
File: heh dan.gif (162KB, 600x476px) Image search: [Google]
heh dan.gif
162KB, 600x476px
>>55131474
goddamit khadgar
>>
>>55131478
No, Chronicle isn't retconning The Last Guardian in any way, simply parties in Karazhan were unmentioned in that, but there are no particular moments to contradict the book.

But do read Chronicles, the art is amazing.
>>
>>55131520
Heard the lore in it was terrible, but I've seen a lot of the art. It is quite nice, gives a lot of Warcraft's background a really epic feeling of scale.
>>
>>55131500
Some demons still tends to be independent, Void beings are demons by association, though are not Fel infused, and warlocks likes breaking will of demons that are part of the Legion.
>>
>>55131545
I liked it myself, personally, but I am annoyed by the fact that origins of Magnataur and Ettins (and now Drogbar too) remain unexplained.
Maps are useful too.
>>
i stopped playing shortly after the first raid came out in legion

i have no fucking idea what's going on

who the fuck is the elf slut?
who the hell is not!tirion?
what the fuck is the naaru thing that tried to molest illidan?
is it the one from the exodar that got killed thanks to velens "son?" ?
why did illidan kill it like it was evil and everyone is just "yeah alright it violated your personal space and we got stand your ground laws in this universe even against beings best described as gods of light and good"

i've been playing on some vanilla private servers, man it's so nice not to have constant "hey remember this badass character , he's fucking awesome and will be in the cutscene, so go and fetch some 160 augment runes and do his laundry, GOD JUST LOOK AT HIM HE'S SO BADASS"
>>
File: 69062-corruption.jpg (38KB, 465x348px) Image search: [Google]
69062-corruption.jpg
38KB, 465x348px
>>55130651
Voodoo and wild magic are great parts of troll lore and it's kinda sad that players don't mess with them more.

Had a troll warrior for a while where I leveled him using only equipment I could obtain through blacksmithing (minus trinkets and other shit you just can't make). Voodoo was how I fluffed the stat bonuses on his equipment; grinding up talons and teeth to impart the power of an animal to his steel, carving runes into the metal, stuff like that.

Around the high 40s/50s he embarked on a quest to forge a personal, permanent weapon. Spent two weeks prowling through Dire Maul, hunting satyr for their demonic runestones. Then he shipped out to the Plagelands and spent another two weeks hacking undead and necromancers to pieces for their Essence of Undeath. Finally he spent another week scrabbling through Winterspring for Thorium. Only thing he couldn't supply himself was Arcanite for the edge and leather for the grip.

I fluffed the blade as a primitive runeblade (because I found the smithing plans in Stratholme) scrapped together with an odd mix of low level voodoo. When he wasn't holding the blade it trembled because the demonic and necromantic energies sealed in it didn't like each other. Gave the clan elder a start when I showed it off at an RP event. Probably one of my high points while playing the game; felt like my character was on a proper quest to prove himself.
>>
>>55131616
>who the fuck is the elf slut?
>who the hell is not!tirion?
>this is the current crop of wow players.
>>
>>55131616
>elf slut
Alleria? Wife of Turalyon (see below). They were apart of the expeditionary force into the Dark Portal.
>not!tirion
Turalyon. Those huge statues outside of Stormwind? One of those is modeled after him.
>naaru
One of the prime (one of the first) naaru. Light's Heart, that thing you put in your order hall, was apart of it.
>exodar
Not sure, desu.
>why did illidan kill it
The naaru's physical form died, but it's "spirit" lives on. Even Velen said that he couldn't blame Illidan not wanting to be forced into a fate he didn't agree to.
>>
>>55131616
>elf
Alleria Windrunner. Sylvanas' older sister. You know the elf statue in Stormwind? That's her. She was in WCII.

>not-Tirion
Turalyon, also a WCII hero. Alleria's boyfriend, Lothar's apprentice, and OG Paladin

>naaru
Xe'ra, the Prime Naaru. That thing that made you do the Illidan Backstory Quest.

>Exodar?
No, that was O'ros, who is kind of Xe'ra's grandson? Sorta? Also Rakeesh is Velen's biological son, being Draenei is suffering.
>>
>>55131061
Maybe? It's been a few years so I mostly just remember Nim, Pikki, and Rode (who's full name I still can't fucking spell because he's a Frog). If you ever met Nakthizz or Kikiri, those were me.
>>
>>55130595
>>55130480
I would pair illidan with korvas bloodthorn and see tyrande and maiev get butthurt about loosing him
>>
File: Turalyon.jpg (103KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Turalyon.jpg
103KB, 1024x768px
>>55131616
>who the fuck is the elf slut?
>who the hell is not!tirion?
What the fuck did you just call the hero of the Allaince? That Turalyon High General of the Sons of Lothar. The man who beat back the vile Horde in the Second War. The man who beat the savage Orgrim Doomhammer with a broken fucking sword. The man who ventured beyond the Dark Portal to ensure that the Horde never returned. The greatest hero of the Alliance. who people have been waiting for his return since WC3.

How fucking dare you compare the Lion's Lieutenant to Varian
>>
>>55131777
>tyrande
Doesn't Tyrande have a thing for bears with antlers? Don't know if she'd be very torn up about losing Illidan's affection.
>>
File: AlexstraszaWCA.jpg (45KB, 503x362px) Image search: [Google]
AlexstraszaWCA.jpg
45KB, 503x362px
>no cutscene where Alexstrasza mourns her actual blood sister's death
>4/5 original Aspects have been confirmed for Void corruption at some point in time
>nobody said "her heart is a crater and we have filled it" couldn't apply to multiple people
>the Pillars are the "5 keys," but the "5 torches" could be 5 other things
>what else are there 5 of?
>this is the third Aspect death Alex has lived through - "at the hour of her third death"

It all makes sense now.
>>
>>55131792
Wasn't "no shapeshifting" a thing between Ty and Malf, or is that a HotS-only joke?
>>
>>55130729
>Illidan was far more necessary to Azeroth's survival than Thrall ever was. He is, for all his flaws and evils, the greatest hero in the world.
>this is what demon hunters ACTUALLY believe
>>
>>55131790
He's gonna be evil when he comes back
>>
>>55131692
I am sorry i do not recognize characters that have been close to completely irrelevant for over 20 years, only to be brought out from nowhere to be paraded around while i have not been playing. in the future i will try to do better and stop being such a fake gamer, i can only hope to someday become a true patrician of the art that is Warcraft lore
>>
>>55130729
>Thrall literally tried holding the earth together
>actually got rid of the dragon that caused the cataclysm

>Illidan does everything to get more power
>was going to make another moonwell despite hav ing an entire war because demons used it as a portal to Azeroth
>was going to drown a decent porrtion of Azeroth to try and kill the Lich King
>was planning on just being a pussy on Outland to hide from Kil'jaden until nigga showed up and told Illidan to go murder the Lich King before Arthas got to him
>brings Argus the planet of fucking Demons right to Azeroth's doorstep
>Illidan was far more necessary to Azeroth's survival than Thrall ever was.

I'm sorry but fucking what?
>>
Anon he's already back.
>>
>>55130041
>Blizzard
>being deep
>>
>>55131809
I was just making a joke about his gigabeard, desu.
>>
>>55131790
Anyone who doesnt like Varian and Turalyion is either a horde sympathizer or a retard (its okay liking horde).
>>
>>55130377
this is what you get for allowing immigrants in your world. Out them back to alt-Draenor, I say
>>
>>55130395
>Blood Elves literally became light-chugging dindus after being built as naaru-enslaving wizards
what went wrong?
>>
>>55132030
Varian is okay but Turalyon is superior.
>>
>>55130547
>Garrosh's tyranny
Garrosh did nothing wrong
>>
File: dsc_06361.jpg (79KB, 640x428px) Image search: [Google]
dsc_06361.jpg
79KB, 640x428px
>>55124270
Hey guys, what do you think would be a cool tabletop version of Warcraft? Maybe something like fantasy? With for big armies of units (like a whole footman unit as troops). Maybe something like AoS, kinda big but dont need THAT many units, with a bigger focus on Heroes (AKA making your own), or maybe a skirmish game closer to warmachine.

I know there was a Wow Miniature game, but it died REAAAALLLLY fast, so I think a game with only heroes doesnt work that well.
>>
>>55132082
He was an orc, that's plenty wrong.
>>
>>55132082
Garrosh did shit wrong it's just that everything he did could be blamed on Thrall, Vol'Jin or Cairne.
>>
>>55132058
Varian is good, Turalyon is better, Lothar is best. And he fucked Garona after loosing his son, that's something.
>>
>>55132321
Only in the movie.Garona got Medivh dick in canon
>>
>>55132348
It's a version I can go with. Medivh is Garona's father in the movie after all.
>>
>>55127858
Actually, datamined stuff suggests the next expansion will be Kul'tiras, with some extra stuff about protecting Azeroth's wordsoul from void parasites(not the focus of the expansion, though)
>>
>>55132361
I was ambivalent about most things in the movie, but Khadgar being a fuccboi was annoying, especially combined with him not getting aged by Medivh.
>>
>>55132377
Yeah I was hoping that the Fel pool scene he was going to get aged up and they'd use it to recast him in the next movie.

I also wished they gave slight exposition on what the Guardian was since they never really say he's a demon killing Mage
>>
>>55132453
Don't even know if Medivh is even possessed by Sargeras in this one. He probably just went world hopping and fucked an orc before he got too deep in the green kook aid.
>>
>>55131797
Is it time to put down another aspect?
>>
>>55132521
I mean, the fel corrupted him. The result is pretty much the same.
>>
>>55128977
I would love it for Kel'Thuzad to become a big damn hero. Seriously, whats stopping him? He doesn't like the Burning Legion and I'm like 85% sure hes largely independant from Bolvar (source: short answer -my ass).
Hes super funny and has the best version of the best voice actor.
>>
>>55132670
Probably because all undead hate the living generally speaking?

It'd be interesting, but doesn't really make any sense.
>>
>>55132521
He seemed like he wasn't 100% aware of what he doing at the time so he might have still been possessed.

Was j the only who was upset that the orcs didn't manage to go through the portal to Stormwind so we could have gotten the sacking and build up to Tides of Darkness?
>>
>>55132695
I'm p sure KT does not fall into that catagory. He was basically gaslighted into traveling north and then kind of coerced into going along with Ner'zhul's plan. He did benefit from the arrangement quite a bit (by basically creating modern necromancy, book of mediv, #1 lich), but I don't think he was motivated by his dislike for his fellow man. Ultimatly he just wants knowledge & power.

Really I just want him to take a more active role in the story because hes my favorite character.

Intrestingly in that Thrall book that came out during Cata it was revealed that if KT never went north than the Cult of the Damned would never form and the scourge would never have become a credible threat. Meaning the players would never become strong enough to kill Deathwing in Cata, so you're welcome, Azeroth!
>>
>>55130245
I remember the pre-release events are always a treat for rp
>>
>>55130246
How would you fluff that event? Cause technically, wouldnt that mean that the Lich King wiped out every major city? Except maybe darnassus and thunderbluff?
>>
>>55133228
Anon said a quarter. Start here.

A quarter of Stormwind is quarantined, adventurers have to go there because X. Or they have to find a cure. That kind of stuff.
>>
>>55133298
>adventurers have to go there because X.
Nah. Adventurers would be the people trying (and failing) to enforce the quarantine.

You don't fuck with the Plague, son.
>>
>two Validated Doomsayers on a date
>>
>>55133298
>Or they have to find a cure.
Things like that would work in a mmo like Secret World. In WoW, you're basically carried around by pnj decisions. At best they'll have you be accompanied by a scientist or former pest scientist that would discover hints to a cure through quests.
>>
>>55127740

This. She looks like a modded hd blood elf.
>>
>>55130398

I'd be down for this. Damn goblins might have made it rich and big with supplying to the Broken Isles conflict.

Enough profit to be made with everyone's attention of demons
>>
>>55132093
The perfect WoW tabletop would be an mix of pvp and pve.

Build a mix of 4-6 of "your dudes" for pvp matches and go ham, or get up to tops 40 ((fuck the 25-man raid era)) to beat the shit out of other players.

Include neutral faction mobs and mega monsters with their own rulebooks as expansions, using various tables and baddies, and have giant fuck you collosus type raid mobs.

For even more fun, you couldn't have multiple players running 5 man parties when dealing with the fuck huge monsters.

Make the system largely free of named characters, with detailed options for points and upgrading various classes.

Want a light based team of blood elf lunatics?
Build 2 Paladins, 2 priests and a hunter and go to fucking town on someone.

Encourage multikit sprues, with options for race and gender, possibly divided by armor type to get people to buy more kits

Include sweet weapons and exclusive armor in the raid kits to encourage people to actually play that half of the game.

Make tournaments and events expand on canon, and make them the first opportunity to play the new raids in order to get people together.

Give people the option to play "your dudes" in a meaningful way and I would spend my child's educations savings on that shit.
>>
>>55133754
Not even a war gamer but I'd give that shit a shot
>>
>>55129323
Came to post exactly this. Kinda wanted to go with smug animu pic for extra you's though.
>>
File: IMG_0024.jpg (59KB, 289x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0024.jpg
59KB, 289x310px
>>55133754
Could have, not couldn't. Fucking phone posting.
>>
>>55128360
We already do. It's just DH class hall, but still...
>>
File: Chieftain_Hatuun[1].jpg (99KB, 550x730px) Image search: [Google]
Chieftain_Hatuun[1].jpg
99KB, 550x730px
Oh, SHIT, there are BROKEN on ARGUS.

Wtf, I love legion now. I LOOOVE Broken, they're so fucking neat.... But there's STILL NO FEMALE MODEL.
>>
>>55134015
Well the male broken are just retextured Tauren with a different head, so you can work with it from there, probably.
>>
>>55133754
Same anon here. Will be back to continue this steamboat when I'm not phoneposting.
>>
File: -_Clubbing_-______30.12.2012.jpg (96KB, 608x633px) Image search: [Google]
-_Clubbing_-______30.12.2012.jpg
96KB, 608x633px
>>55130374
>alt-Light
I'm fucking dying
>>
>>55134079
How did I never noticed that? Probably too busy killing them and not looking at them, there were so ugly. Ew.
>>
>>55134015
Are they baddies? A few neutral tribes leaving underground, trying to survive on whatever they manage to salvage would be neat.
>>
>>55133754
Alrighty, replying to myself because fuck it.

Now, in order to make this game be successful, it needs to be relatively cheap to play small scale, and hook new players, but then have options to expand towards raid groups ((term going forward for 40 man lists)) and get into the large scale combat and PvE type scenarios.

With the massive IP that is WoW, you have a ton of existing space and material for building models.

Start off with cloth leather plate sets, and a couple of body types for each of the core races. In the book have rules for each class, giving them abilities with point costs. This part is important, because it's going to feed into later pieces of the chain.

Now, lets say a typical skirmish size five man party has 600 points to play with. You can split it into well balanced team with 120 invested into spells/abilities and gear for each model, or you could frontload 200 points on 2 models, and leave the last 200 points for your last three as support esque characters, bringing them for the extra stat block and buffs that may be specific to the class. Balancing costs won't be based off of class and race archetypes, but entirely on skills and equipment within each class.

When fighting other players, you could have your 5 man party vs their 5 man party, or play larger scale games, the one thing that's integral would be locking in the points cost for a 40 man raid. Obvious growth would be to continue the 120 points per model, but at 40 that brings us up to 4,200 points to spend with. You could have a hero character if you wanted, just dump 3000 points into "Thrall" or "Illidain' and split the scraps among the rest of your raid.

In order for the system to take off, you would have to tie it into the existing player base. Assuming the tournament/con events going on that would change plotlines and give people access to new raids, you could actually have those effect the in game world.
>>
>>55132545
It's happening, anon. The moment we get the Void expansion.
>>
>>55133754
>>55134603
Say our event is War for the Crossroads. Have people submit their lists as either alliance or horde, and whichever faction over the course of the tourney ends up with more wins, could change the in game world. Say with the crossroads entering Night elf hands, and new horde questlines about sabotaging supply lines and taking back your town.

With our new miniature game now affecting the digital platform, we need a way to get invested WoW players who aren't already wargamers into the hobby, and the simplest way to do that is give them the ability to port over their in game characters to the miniature realm.

Suddenly that Orc Warrior you've been playing and raiding with since vanilla is now a mini, and you can go toe to toe with other players. Now this character you've been invested in for the last decade comes to life, and you can build and expand on their story and brag about their accomplishments.

On top of this, we'd have the raids. If you keep them on the same timeline as expansion material, you could add new raids and give players the ability to win specific bits and icons for their models from completing the raids. Maybe not with new rules, but exclusive sculpts that let them brag to their friends and get their friend invested into coming to the next tournament.

So we've got crossover between WoW's existing fanbase, and the wargamers who are interested in giving a new fantasy tabletop a shot that's all about "your dudes"

Games Workshop will be shaking in their boots, but that's not enough. Blizzard needs total control over the existing fantasy market. Here comes the big target.

Wizards of the Coast.
>>
>>55134603
My biggest problem is the race thing, because of how many bodies you might need to make just to make a Troll in plate and a Gnome in cloth. Maybe they can give us a few "Race Class combos" to make production easy at the start?

Maybe a starter box could be something like this:
Human in Plate armor (so with painting he can be Paladin, Warrior and Death Knight).
Gnome in cloth Armor (Mage, Warlock and Priest).
Night Elf Leather (Druid, Rogue, Monk and Demon Hunter).
Dwarf Plate (also Warrior, Death Knight, and Paladin, though this guy may be used for healing too).
Draenei Mail (Hunter and Shaman).
>>
>>55134653
Actually, Blizzard have a "Miniature port" in real life https://www.figureprints.com/wow/

Shame its a bit old now (and kinda expensive), but make it a bit more maneageable, and din-din-din. It even comes pre painted, so that helps A LOT.

Maybe Blizz could give support with the big badass monsters.
>>
File: 3d-wow-6.jpg (40KB, 640x449px) Image search: [Google]
3d-wow-6.jpg
40KB, 640x449px
>>55134699
A cool picture, and looks good. Shit, if it wasnt so expensive, I would even build a fan made ruleset just for it.
>>
>>55134716
Not a fan of the washed-up look of it.
>>
File: bq5p6sujvgjy.png (765KB, 1062x996px) Image search: [Google]
bq5p6sujvgjy.png
765KB, 1062x996px
>>55133754
>>55134603
>>55134653
With people swarming to buy minis based off their existing characters they've spent years being invested in, and the ease of making sculpts when you already have an entire arts department dedicated to 3-D modelling, we need to pay back wizards over the WoW tcg.

The easiest and most obvious route is, build an RP system based off of the existing wargame ruleset, with added skills for social based things and other worldly skills. Suddenly that character is now going off on adventures in your own WoW based magical realm, maybe with other guys who you play wargames with. Some nights you play together with one of the guys in your list, sometimes you fight eachother with your teams of guys as the story develops and conflict arises. We already have the art team, we already have the lore team. Everything is in place to step into the market and start fucking up titans.

One day that orc, the blood elf, troll and tauren your friends own go on and adventure to slay some big bads, then next their going to town on each other with each persons raid group over a slight of honor or whatever the fuck headcanon you guys come up with. You now have emergent story lines coming from your player base, getting them more invested into the world.

With the existence of the wargame community now feeding into WoW, and stealing roleplayers from D&D, there's so many ways we could take this.
Feed WoW itself with more bodies.
Expand the miniatures line with more races, raid expacs, weapon and armor sprues.
Expand the roleplaying system with upcoming WoW expansions creating books with more lore and setting to choose from, classes and race options.
Fuck, you could even tie hearthstone into the mess.

Suddenly, WoW goes from being the biggest player in a slowly dying format, to creating an MMO renaissance with the expansion of their IP. Fueled by everyone's headcanons blizzard becomes the once and future king of fantasy gaming.

Now I want to be in this timeline.
>>
>>55124270
>Discuss the lore and viability of Warcraft as a tabletop setting.

Post Frozen Throne/Classic WoW is best suited for rpg. Everything after that is garbage.
>>
>>55124270
>Warcraft
>lore
>>
>>55134660
Depending on how well they can scale the armor options, you could set it up so that bodies come as formless sculpts ((Like tiny tiny barbies)) and that all armor fits the generalized torso bits. This would also encourage players to magnetize their dudes so they could throw on that sweet chest piece or sword they got from a tournament event.
>>
>>55130448
>the pandaren ancients to somehow make the aspects 100% again

Fuck the aspects and fuck dragonflights.
They are absolutely terrible.
>>
>>55134747
I like when they include neutral races, just like in the pen and paper rpg.
Looking at the south tarren quest you could have imagined the inclusion of a tribe of quillboars in the horde, or shit like that. Make it waay more interesting than just the five tokens everywhere.
>>
>>55134782
Still better than having the snowflake of the week.
They should have included them more during dungeons/raids tho. Weird how little we have pnj helping us during dungeons.
>>
>>55130448
>once timetravel became a thing this franchise is fucking done for
It is my opinion that any franchise that adds time travel to the mix(if it wasnt there as the central premise in the first place) irrevocably fucks the lore hard, and it just goes worse as the story goes from that point on.
>>
>>55130448
>Aspects lost their power
>Their dragonflights became sterile
>Meanwhile Thorignir are doing fine and still breeding
>State of Netherwing's breeding is unknown
Aspects were a mistake.
>>
>>55134015
>Have infinite armies of demons
>There is still resistance on your core world
>>
>>55134895
>Let's capture this Naaru that were stopping our army from decimating escapees and put it in our former seat of rule
>Now let's make that former seat of rule forbidden to enter for anyone
That being said, it is quite possible that those Broken were imported there by Ethereal that are experimenting with them and Darkened Naaru.
>>
>>55134803
>Still better than having the snowflake of the week.

No, pretty color-coded sparkle super dragon elves are the absolute worst.
>>
File: hannibal_dies_from_laughter.png (280KB, 500x517px) Image search: [Google]
hannibal_dies_from_laughter.png
280KB, 500x517px
>>55124511
>>
>>55134937
The original concept was cooler thought.
Malygos, for exemple, used a nerubian appearance to speak with humanoid races and inquire of their magic specialities and share his views on it.
But all we got when he was released in Wotlk was magic hitler.
>>
>>55127556
I mean what does it even prove, in the end? That's like saying the Champion of Cyrodil killing the annoying fan means he's a hero. Illidan isn't. He's just...just like LEGO Batman if LEGO Batman didn't grow at all as a character: A moody, stubborn edgelord who likes to be the brooding outsider even when it's utterly nonsensical.
>>
>>55129323
>>55129484
>>55133796
On the one hand, I was about to say the same could be said for 40K.

On the other hand, honestly Warcraft's lore has been butchered way harder than any 40K lore.

Even counting Morathi suddenly being a lonely caring mommy elf with dementia, or the worst Gulliman wank.

Even counting Age of Sigmar.
>>
File: Kazakus_full.jpg (53KB, 453x605px) Image search: [Google]
Kazakus_full.jpg
53KB, 453x605px
>>55135223
>you will never see a dragon whose preferred mortal form is that of a Troll
Though that depends on what Kazakus really is, but being in HS only for now is not helping.
>>
>>55135387
>Though that depends on what Kazakus really is
Well, the description tells us what he's definitely NOT:
>The mysterious leader of the Kabal is NOT a dragon, and does NOT deal in illegal potions. Any public statements to the contrary will be met with litigation and Dragonfire Potions.

This message was brought to you by the Kabal:D
>>
File: Kabal_Crystal_Runner_full.jpg (940KB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Kabal_Crystal_Runner_full.jpg
940KB, 1920x2560px
>>55135416
I more wonder if Red Mana is Nightmare related or what.
>>
>>55135442
The colours are similar to those of latest Nightmare dragons.
>>
Asked this before, but what would you guys think of a classic WoW era campaign where the group is a pirate crew. Races of both factions would be included, as they have few allegiances.

I'd flesh out Booty Bay into a huge pirate haven and litter the coasts with fishing villages and trading ports.
>>
>>55131073
>inb4 Grom fights his way out of hell/heaven/whatever fucking afterlife orcs have to help Thrall get his warrior spirit back.
>>
>>55135465
I hate the HS virmens so much.
>>55135616
Sounds good.
>>
>>55135931
>I hate the HS virmens so much.
I agree. This one looks as if the Mogu made couple of flesh-shaping sessions with him.
>>
File: Sergeant_Sally_full.jpg (186KB, 566x800px) Image search: [Google]
Sergeant_Sally_full.jpg
186KB, 566x800px
Reminder that Death Knights are the World Police.
>>
>>55131133
how did he survived?
Did he not need water and food
>>
>>55136190
Magic made him not aging (not like it was a problem for Night Elves since blessing of the World Tree till Battle of Mount Hyjal), not needing food, not needing anything.
Later Illidan did the same to Maiev when he imprisoned her in Outland,
>>
>>55136106
Reminder that Sally is an unhinged vigilante with no official law enforcement status.
>>
>>55134886
>t. Odyn
>>
>>55126962
It's another episode of
>Illidan's a fucking MORON.

LET MY NIGGA FREE.
SCOURGE PRIDE.
WORLD WIDE.
>>
>>55130195
Sell me on the Naga, anon.
>>
>>55136719
>Reminder that EBDP is an unhinged vigilante organization with no official law enforcement status.
ftfy.
>>
>>55134541

They're in fact neutral tribes who were underground trying to survive on whatever they could salvage.
>>
>>55137152
Not that guy but one thing i liked about the rpg naga was the naga anomalies.
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Naga_anomaly
Basically naga growing strange mutation, either killing them or turning them into ultra specialised combattants, each unique to their species.
The two collossal skeletons in Desolace are presumed to be of naga origin, given the snake-like features and trident weapons.

Following Hugh Deepstone's work, or trying to bring him back could be a ncie setting for a campaign.
>>
>>55137289
All according to keikaku.
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 66

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.