[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Planescrafters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: 1447080060725.jpg (828KB, 1350x940px) Image search: [Google]
1447080060725.jpg
828KB, 1350x940px
What are some of your ideas for planes other than the standard fare? Have you ever gotten to implement them into your settings? Add them to existing settings? Tell me all about it.
>>
>>55124137
The Valhalla-like plane in my setting at one point in the unknown past crossed over with some early 20th century industrial plane, so now instead of noble warriors fighting in glorious single combat, it's basically World War I all the time forever.
>>
The platonic mathematical plane of course.
>>
>>55124506
That is such a cool idea. I can picture this as like an industrial Soulslike game using combos of modern and ancient weaponry, fighting an armored giant in one area, and a diesel-powered mech in the next.
>>
File: 130609096831.jpg (583KB, 1067x1280px) Image search: [Google]
130609096831.jpg
583KB, 1067x1280px
Bump, I'm curious what people have been coming up with.
>>
I haven't been able to incorporate it into a campaign yet, but one idea I had was a world that wherein the gods have one day, just vanished. I have a plan to run a campaign this way, with the players having to deal with the immediate problems caused by a sudden lack of the gods. Rather than finding out what happened to the divine, PCs will instead have to try and figure out where the world is heading now, without the gods.
>>
I have a bunch of ideas for settings that have never made it into a game yet.
>Wallworld
A chain of flat stone walls jut out of a dark expanse of demon-filled clouds. Life clings to these walls and carves tunnels within the relatively thin rock. All lifeforms possess some form of flight, at least during one of their life stages. Occassionally one of these walls collapses and is usually followed by another wall rising nearby.

>The Craterlands
A post-post apocalyptic fantasy world inspired by Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. Most of the world is engulfed in toxic jungles, but within the massive craters caused by dead gods exploding during The Last War are remnants of the old world that have adapted. Buddhist-like philosophy and paganism has spread across the pockets of civilization that exist in an effort to maintain the delicate balance that people have come to enjoy.

>Cave Space
Basically if you combined The Underdark, The Plane of Earth and Spelljammer. I made this idea based on the concept of an inverted universe that was mostly solid instead of empty space.
There are networks of tunnels that are thousands of miles wide and billions of miles long that were carved by ancient enormous worms and where the conditions are right life springs up. I plan to convert Stars without Numbers into a darker Space Fantasy version for this particular setting.
>>
The realm of Possibility, a seemingly infinite plane that operates on narrative logic and will accommodate everything, provided it can be believably connected to something else that exists inside of it. If two things would conflict with each other, the realm will gradually find a way for them to co-exist. The only things that can't exist here are things that are completely impossible. Things that are only highly improbable or otherwise incompatible with each other simply get separated by a series of increasingly unlikely events.

If you can visit it and bring things back to less flexible worlds, you can get very rich, but it might be difficult to find exactly what you are looking for.
>>
The plane OF PAIN!!!

Nobody knows what its like, because anyone who returns from it comes back with major ptsd
>>
File: 1430149537979.jpg (1MB, 1280x1219px) Image search: [Google]
1430149537979.jpg
1MB, 1280x1219px
>The Elemental Plane of Words
A strange realm. Much like Limbo it is shaped by the desires and whims of those who inhabit it. Unlike that chaotic mess, the EPoW is entirely shaped by words, as opposed to mere thought. The more base and simple words, root words, words that stir the heart, can alter the fundamental aspects of the plane. Higher language lacks this power, but can change much in many intricate ways. The landscape appears like eternal mist and sunlight, mixing forever in a bright haze. That is, unless someone speaks and makes it otherwise.

Pic related is what happens when a very pious visitor to the plane decided to read his holy book out loud.
>>
>>55124506
>>55124880
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-186
>>
File: Cover-FB_1[1].jpg (273KB, 1920x600px) Image search: [Google]
Cover-FB_1[1].jpg
273KB, 1920x600px
>>55124137
>What are some of your ideas for planes other than the standard fare?

I've got a handful of weird ones

>Elemental Plane: Machine
Literally just a massive white, Apple-product, Cube the size of a planet. The entire plane is a machine on the inside with the surface being an endless, temperature controlled, white-landscape. Cross-contamination in the form of plants, animals, people, microbes, etc.. happens all the time: they tear into the planet in search of resources and fuck up it's perfect order which causes IPOD-LIKE Modrons to come and fix stuff and attack outsiders when they see them.

>Elemental Plane: Food
Just a whole parallel world themed around food, less like candyland, maybe more like cloudy with a chance of meatballs or certain mario/kirby games where you find environments orientated around food groups or meals, etc. Honestly? Really nice place to visit, but if you stay you'll almost assuredly die from being fat and then most likely eaten.

>Hell/Red World
Fleshscape, everything is either meat, bone, some sort of organ/body fluid, or it's stone and mineral. The terrible, humid, body-temperature indigenous realm of DEMONS; cross-contamination is not a problem as most organisms simply can't survive due to how DIFFERENT a world it is: rivers of blood, shit & piss swamps, muggy sweat rain, the soil is flesh, great toothy caverns, etc.. Some people try to terraform sections of the place by inducing rotting, fungal growths and then sending in decomposers to break it all back down into soil and plant.

>Pocket Worlds in the Void
There's millions of small, little, island to continent sized pocket-dimensions floating through space in little bubbles shifting between physical and ethereal reality: most are just generic, one-environment, fantasy-realms or settings, but some can be pretty fucking weird. Small worlds like these are usually connected to much larger home worlds or planets via paintings.
>>
File: flat,800x800,070,f.u1[1].jpg (76KB, 800x563px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,070,f.u1[1].jpg
76KB, 800x563px
>>55132957

I should note, that, one of my absolute favorite things to DO with Planes is have 'cross-contamination', by that I mean: so long as a plane or dimension is open or in contact with another world, plane, or planet, there will always be plants, animals, organisms, and people coming through.

Elemental planes especially, where their contamination breaks down and "lessens" their very realm or plane with the presence of organic life, anchoring their world into a more livable condition. Large patches of unique ecosystems growing in spots all over the realm like mold on bread.
SMALL Pocket worlds or Painted Worlds I figure need to be ESPECIALLY susceptible since even the large ones are usually no bigger than say Australia or what have you, so them passing through or getting into contact with a completely alien world or a familiar one in a different time period can have wildly drastic effects both good and negative.

The other thing I also do with planes is treat them as sanctuaries, both intentionally or accidentally: there's millions of extinct or completely foreign/alien animals living on the elemental planes that have either evolved there on their own terms or were introduced eons ago, but were driven to extinction millions of years ago on the world they're connected to, but thrive in the more 'stagnant' environment of their elemental plane.
Pocket Worlds as well, 'can' be potential sanctuaries: people banished, thrown into the fucking ethereal void or even the vacuum of space can find themselves scooped up into the bubble of some God's abandoned practice world or a Wizards private "garden world".

Stranded Astronaut in a pocket/painted-world is always a player favorite, I highly recommend it as a DM.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.