[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disappointing NPC deaths

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: TelL3Rp.jpg (52KB, 500x419px) Image search: [Google]
TelL3Rp.jpg
52KB, 500x419px
Ever spent a lot of time on an NPC only to have them be killed off in a very anticlimactic way?

>Playing VtR
>Have a character who is a Nosferatu crime lord
>Is a Keyser Soze style character to other criminals in the city
>Even the organised Kindred of the city tend to stay out of his business
>Fully fleshed out back story
>Ends up hunting down a PC who had pissed him off
>In the process of murdering the shit out of him
> a different PC who also wanted the former PC dead had staged a raid by corrupt police working for Invictus
>These cops torpor Nosferatu in ensuing shootout (they were prepped to fight vampires)
>PC later leaves Nosferatu's inert body out in the Sun

It just felt like a waste since I had plans for this character. It led to some interesting stuff as Players tried to fill the vacuum left by him, but still felt disappointing.

Anyone else want to share?
>>
File: IMG_1484.gif (5MB, 475x267px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1484.gif
5MB, 475x267px
>Disappointing NPC deaths
Player, not GM, but boy do I have experience with this

We spent almost two irl years worth of sessions that met about once a week building up to a showdown with a mindflayer sorcerer trying to explode our realm to power a ritual that would let him get back to his realm (which was otherwise cut off fro the planes due to cosmic bullshit I won't bore you with.)

Everyone was really, really fucking hyped to have the final showdown with this guy. He'd killed NPCs we liked, taunted us, and destroyed our home city completely just a few sessions prior. The whole charge up the tower powering his ritual was the most adrenaline pumping shit I'd had in years in an rpg

And then the DM decided that, as one final "twist," he'd reveal that the mindflayer's goofy comedy relief goblin butler/manservant had murdered him while he was preparing the ritual and stole his magic staff, whereupon he revealed he was secretly also a powerful sorcerer that had hidden his power levels so he could use this ritual to destroy all the material planes in the multiverse because he was ~CRAZY~

I'm still bitter to this day. What a fucking letdown.
>>
>>55123959
At least the death itself was cinematic and not just " stake him in his sleep"
>>
>>55124239
Did you tell him that idea is retarded?
>>
>>55124771
Yeah, but it's a bit late for that to mean anything when the campaign is over
>>
>>55123959
I was running PTU. There was a gas leak from a poison pokemon cage. The Pcs took too long saving her, though they didn't know she was in that much danger though she was kidnapped.
She died
The players felt depressed and the game stopped.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.