[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What am I in for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (98KB, 1080x712px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 1080x712px
What am I in for?
>>
>>55122612
A well-beaten horse corpse
>>
>>55122612
>this shit is not only published but has two addendums
>>
>>55122612
Decent fantasy setting with unplayable mechanics that destroy the game. Basically you wasted your money.
>>
>>55122857
Elaborate please
>>
>>55122857
Wasn't there stuff like having to maintain a proper amount of vitamins because otherwise your character will get sick and die?
>>
>>55122828
People bought it just because it's made by Varg, but Varg is apparently delusional enough to release more material for a game that no-one plays and functions more like novelty item.
>>
>>55122612
In depth swimming rules
>>
>>55122893
I admit I didn't read through the whole thing because the system was just stupid and overly-complicated. Reminded me of ancient autistic tablefest games like Rolemaster. It has been scanned and has been shared on /tg/, but I don't sadly have the link now.
>>
>>55122612
Thirty posts of Varganon bumping over and over with quips about "y-you must be a butthurt libtard if you don't like this game", followed by thread deletion.
>>
>>55122612
23 times in self defense
>>
>>55122612
WE WUZ VIKANGS AN SHEET
>>
>>55122612
All kinds of fail and stupid.
>>
>when someone bumps the thread with a reply to the OP but the poster count doesn't increase
>>
>>55123722
You can't bump your own thread mate.
>>
>>55123746
>You can't bump your own thread mate.
That's incorrect.

You have a five-minute cooldown between windows of being able to bump your own thread. If you make a thread, wait five minutes, and post in it, the thread will be bumped.
>>
Can you faggots explain what so bad about it or you just gonna keep memeing?
>>
>>55124144
/pol/tardery, coupled with an overcomplicated mess of rules. Also the creator steals oxygen from the rest of us.
>>
>>55124220
>the creator steals oxygen from the rest of us
Your opinion is biased, I'll wait for someone else.
>>
>>55124144
Basically, the creator (actual name: Kristian; made-up name: Wolf Vikingguy) only played a couple of RPGs in the 1980s-1990s, so he has no idea what makes a good game due to lack of experience and lack of breadth of knowledge. MYFARGO is basically a 3d6-based AD&D clone that uses a lot of pointless tables (swimming in a lake in a mild breeze vs. swimming in a lake in a light breeze) to add the appearance of crunch. Nobody on 4chan actually gives a shit about the "evil not-Jews" or "evil not-Christians" in the fluff; the biggest insult is the fact that the game is so monumentally boring from a mechanical standpoint.

Of course, it doesn't help the game's image that Varg and a couple of trolls tend to repost the same thread every week with a "Now that the dust has settled, what does /tg/ think of MYFAROG , I was unaware that this exact thread was spammed every week, I swear."

And now let us all bask in 30-odd bumps of "you're just a butthurt libtard for not liking this game".
>>
>>55124375
This is basically /thread, except it might as well be /threads.
>>
>>55124375
>Nobody on 4chan actually gives a shit about the "evil not-Jews" or "evil not-Christians" in the fluff

I give at least half a shit. It's pretty fucked up to make an "educational" game for your kids where the blood libel was totally true, and all those medieval pogroms were totally justified, to punish the wicked Jews for kidnapping and murdering Christian babies in their dark Satanic rites.
I mean, that's what he wants to teach his kids? That shit's messed up.
>>
>>55125266
I also half a shit but for the other side of the coin. I don't see why I should let a fucking viking pagan wannabe diabolize my culture.
>>
>>55125869

Add those together, and we give a whole shit! But don't bump the thread, anon. Pagans love herbalism, so give 'im the sage.
>>
>>55122612
>being so upset that your name is kristian that you need to make up a "true" viking name
When LARPing goes too far.
>>
>>55125266
But anon, he doesn't want to kill the Jews because they kill Christians. Why, he wants to kill Christians too because they introduced monotheism and so ruined the completely perfect society of Germanic paganism.

It's a completely different madness, anon.
>>
>>55126222
One down, 29 to go!
>>
>>55126324
Not that anon, but half the stuff about Meshugalahmen is basically just "things medieval Christians believed about Jews".

Remember, only faggots post in MYFARGO threads without saging.
>>
>>55126324

It's a difference that makes no difference. I didn't say "Kristian wants to kill Jews because" I said he's repeating the old medieval hysteria thing about Jews murdering babies in secret rites, which was used as a reason for Christians back then to kill Jews.
What I said about Kristian is that he's put this in his "historically accurate" Viking simulator to teach his children his batshit crazy worldview.
>>
>>55126222
What happened to all your sacred trees, Kristian ?
What happened to the trees ?
Tell me what happened to your trees, Kristian !
>>
I have a question for the people who defend this system: Why should I play it? If we're supposed to ignore the creator and his worldview, what purpose does MYFAROG serve outside of that? What does it do better than the dozens of other OSR games on the market, or AD&D?
>>
>>55122828
Addenda.
>>
>>55122612
A shitty AD&D spinoff with over complicated rules.
>>
>>55123018
Role master wasn't bad once you got to the table. But level up was excruciating just because of how many numbers had to be updated.
>>
>>55122612
You are in for living as Varg.
>>
>>55125266

some of the blood libel incidents probably actually happened
>>
>>55130567

Riiight, because Jewish scripture tells them you have to slaughter a goyim baby before you're allowed in the club.

Go to bed and stop bumping your shitty game's thread, Kristian.
>>
>>55130567
Source?
>>
>>55131330

Pulled straight from Wolf Vikingguy's magical pagan butt.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.