[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 364
Thread images: 20

File: Red Wizard.png (2MB, 1007x1350px) Image search: [Google]
Red Wizard.png
2MB, 1007x1350px
D&D 5th Ed. General Discussion

>Unearthed Arcana: Three-Pillar Experience
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-ThreePillarXP.pdf

>5etools:
https://astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Trove:
https://dnd.rem.uz/5e%20D%26D%20Books/

>Resources Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previous thread:
>>55111543
>>
>>55117219
What do you like about 5e?
>>
>>55117343
It's pretty good.
>>
File: the_trail_by_wojtekfus-dazfvz2.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
the_trail_by_wojtekfus-dazfvz2.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>55117343
It's the most narrative-focused of the various editions.

Things like classes and spell lists are pretty much always going to thicken the rulebook, but for all intents and purposes this is probably going to be the closest we get to official rules-lite D&D.

And you know what? It actually works.
>>
File: goblunt.gif (3MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
goblunt.gif
3MB, 720x540px
>>55117219
been cooking up some down right devious dungeons for my players. Mixing classics like Ropers behind illusory walls with new stuff like centaurs + blink dire-dogs. I also made a puzzle based on the constellations, I don't think it's hard but hey, pcs are fucking dumb.
>>
>>55117396
>It's the most narrative-focused of the various editions.

What makes it so? I don't really see anything making it more narrative focused, it's not like say PBTA on that front.
>>
>>55117406
PBTA?
>>
>>55117406
It's as narrative focused as you make it. If you don't make a story for your world or your character, guess what...it's your fault for not making a story!
>>
>>55117406
Yeah, it's not PBTA. But of all D&D editions, it's the one that gives this vibe of being the least rules-focused. It's so much simpler, allowing for faster play. The core mechanics have been streamlined so you can make GM decisions on what results in what roll on the fly.

Of all D&D, this is the one most easily streamed and shown. I think that's for a very specific reason. It's the least focused on being a "game," and as such it lends itself toward being more narrative.

>>55117419
Powered by the Apocalypse.
>>
>>55117219
any good modules out there for new players besides the starter set? I've already run it a few times
>>
What's the best way of determining stats?
Point buy, rolling, or standard array?
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 540x753px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 540x753px
>>55117400
What ARE some good puzzles to put in a dungeon? I want something cool and thematic so that my dungeons aren't just video gamey corridors of murder.
>>
>>55117441
curse of strahd, translate the book of challenges.
>>
File: Sprawl.png (31KB, 439x227px) Image search: [Google]
Sprawl.png
31KB, 439x227px
>>55117419

Powered By The Apocalypse. It's the general name for a heap of games (Some like Dungeon World, pretty terrible. Others like Sprawl pretty great) based on the Apocalypse World system. It's very much focused on narrative rather than world simulation.

Pic related, it's an ability in Sprawl.
>>
>>55117449
I personally like point buy but that may be because I like to start with class when making a character.
>>
>>55117427
How is this not true for all of D&D?

>>55117396
Wouldn't BECMI or some other pre WotC version be better then? Those are even thinner.

>>55117343
I like a lot of the streamlining.
>>
>>55117449
4d6 keep 3 highest. Do 6 times, arrange as you see fit. My group has a rule of reroll anything below 8.
>>
>>55117427

>It's as narrative focused as you make it.

Yeah, which is why I'm sorta iffy on it being the most narrative. 5e doesn't really have much that 4e didn't have on that front (Themes and Backgrounds being from there after all). That's really more a matter of how the GM does it than any given edition being better at it.
>>
Light Cleric or Tempest Cleric? I want to blast as my main job. I want to be Blaster / Healer.
>>
Need some help designing a Minotaur's labyrinth. I have written in an enemy who was cursed by his battle brothers centuries ago, and is now a minotaur. I decided to put him in an abandoned ruin, but have now written myself into a corner with the labyrinth.

Namely, how to build one. It wouldn't make sense for this ruined tower (that was his home as a man) to randomly have had a labyrinth built into it. He has cultists that could make a makeshift one, but I am not certain what they should make it out of. I thought about using one floor that was once a library - just have the shelves rearranged by cultists into a maze. But how would I keep players from just fucking knocking shelves down?

I am at a loss here, really screwed myself. If anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated.
>>
>>55117343
not enough freedom but whatever
>>
>>55117484
Light
>>
>>55117451
>book of challenges

>platform on a magical pin point, it tilts where the weight is. Key to exit is on side of room opposite of entry. Players must carefully navigate so the key does not slide off into abyss.

>Talking door that requests the password. Over the archway are the words "The password is *YOUR WORD HERE*" Trick is to get the door to speak the password.

> Clock in an empty room with a lever, pull the lever and the clock ticks down. Pulling the lever resets the clock. Players panic and do crazy shit trying to figure out what to do. Once the clock ticks down, the door to the other room unlocks. Players will waste more resources than you think on this one.
>>
>>55117484
Nigga, you want a Zeal Cleric.
>>
>>55117468
>wouldn't BECMI or some other pre-WotC version be better then? Those are even thinner.
I'm sure they would be (though I admit to not knowing what BECMI is) but I fully admit to just sticking with what had felt familiar.

I grew up on AD&D, tried but didn't like 3.5/3.P, and enjoyed 4e but had no one who wanted to play.

5e feels familiar and simple, and I feel like it's the best of them so far. My transition from enjoying AD&D then eventually finding my way back to 5e can be described as habit taking hold or nostalgia that turned out for the best.
>>
>>55117496
the maze is in an etraplanar space. It is a large stone wall maze surrounded by a black starry void that offers dim light and a light fog seems to permeate the area. Darkvision and divination magic do not work in this location.

You can go nuts and put that shit on sphere, or just make it flat. Have walls that move, secret passages, portcullis gates. Have the entrance dump them in a random starting location (you could dump the players in separate locations if you're feeling cheeky) but do have an exit. Having to kill the minotaur or defeat it in some manner to unlock the exit is up to you.
>>
>>55117496
minotaur labyrinths are so old, put displacer beasts in them. Or a giant that can see the players over the walls.
>>
>>55117451
There is a stone door and in the wall next to it is an arm-sized hole. If you put your arm inside the hole, a blade slashes it off and the victim most likely bleeds out. To open the stone door, you must push it.
>>
>>55117574
Extraplanar... Of course. Very simple but effective. What's best, my players are all new and will be too blown away to contemplate it being a writing cop out on my part.

Thanks stranger, really great suggestion, definitely using this.
>>
>>55117496
In my current setting minotaurs go batshit insane when outside of mazes, they need their safe, labyrinthian space. First thing they do when settling in a new dungeon is tearing everything down and building new walls and so on to construct a maze.
>>
>>55117630

That's not remotely a good puzzle. That's just being a random dick because you are inverting expectations.
>>
>>55117651
It's a good puzzle, it always puzzles me why do the PCs carry 10 foot poles if they're going to stick their arms in anyway.
>>
>>55117630
that's not even a puzzle you cuck
>>
>tfw you throw a magical beast that has a recharging counterspell which heals itself by devouring the magic from the spell countered and takes 1/4 damage from magical effects
It was hilarious. Eldritch Knight, Arcane Trickster, Abjuration Wizard, War Cleric, Underdark Circle Druid and a Fey Warlock.

It took them twelve rounds to realise that just throwing magic at it only made it stronger. And by then, the fighter was teetering on the edge.
>>
I need the best 3.5/pathfinder to 5th edition conversion guide available to this general or Reddit.

That's not "eyeball it"
>>
>>55117706
It is just eyeball it though. It's not hard at all with how fucking malleable 5e is.
>>
>>55117706
Give one example of something you are trying to convert and maybe we can help show how it can be done. Or you will prove we are all dumb. Win-win for you.
>>
Is there a hard and fast rule reroll limit somewhere in the rules?

Take a halfing fighter with indomitable for example. You can reroll saves and reroll natural ones.

I've ruled you since both they say "must take the new result", it means you have to keep the new result even if another feature. But a player pointed out lucky means you roll the *actual dice*, which I'm not sure how interacts with indomitable and advantage.
>>
>>55117763
I'd say only 1 reroll if it says "MUST take the new result". Unless you and your group agree otherwise.
>>
>>55117499
How do you mean?
Even if I'm replying to bait.
>>
>>55117742
Sinspawn
SINSPAWN CR 2
XP 600
NE Medium aberration
Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft., sin-scent; Perception +7
DEFENSE
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 (+1 Dex, +1 dodge, +2 natural)
hp 19 (3d8+6)
Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +4
Immune mind-affecting effects; SR 13
OFFENSE
Speed 40 ft.
Melee ranseur +3 (2d4+1/×3), bite –2 (1d6 plus sinful bite) or
bite +3 (1d6+1 plus sinful bite), 2 claws +3 (1d4+1)
STATISTICS
Str 13, Dex 13, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 12
Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Feats Dodge, Improved Initiative
Skills Intimidate +7, Perception +7, Stealth +7, Survival +7
Languages Aklo
SQ martial proficiency
ECOLOGY
Environment any ruins
Organization solitary, pair, or cult (3–8)
Treasure standard (ranseur, other treasure)
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Martial Proficiency (Ex) Sinspawn are proficient in all simple and martial weapons, armor, and shields (except tower shields).
Sin-Scent (Su) Sinspawn have scent against creatures whose nature reflects the sinspawn's sin. For example, wrathful sinspawn can scent creatures using rage effects. The GM should adjudicate what creatures a particular sinspawn can scent.
Sinful Bite (Su) A creature bitten by a sinspawn is overwhelmed with sinful thoughts (DC 12 Will save negates). These emotions are so powerful that the target becomes sickened for 1d6 minutes. An affected target that is bitten a second time is staggered for 1 round if it fails its saving throw. Calm emotions, remove curse, or break enchantment negates the effects of sinful bite. The save DC is Charisma-based. This is a mind-affecting effect.
Sinspawn are corrupted products of magic used by spellcasters in a past era as shock troops for their armies. Literally the embodiment of a sin made flesh, they are sentient abominations of distilled ectoplasm imprinted with the soul-image of slain creatures that possessed an abundance of a particular sin.
>>
>>55117742
Ghoul, Leng
This semi-canine humanoid has rancid green flesh and hooflike feet, yet its eyes sparkle with the gleam of intelligence.

LENG GHOUL CR 10
XP 9,600
CE Medium undead (extraplanar)
Init +7; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +20
DEFENSE
AC 25, touch 17, flat-footed 18 (+7 Dex, +8 natural)
hp 126 (12d8+72)
Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +13
Defensive Abilities channel resistance +4; Immune cold, undead traits
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft., burrow 30 ft., climb 30 ft.
Melee bite +16 (1d8+7 plus disease and paralysis), 2 claws +17 (1d6+7 plus paralysis)
Special Attacks rend (2 claws, 1d6+10), sneak attack +2d6
STATISTICS
Str 24, Dex 24, Con —, Int 17, Wis 20, Cha 23
Base Atk +9; CMB +16 (+18 trip); CMD 33 (35 vs. trip)
Feats Combat Expertise, Combat Reflexes, Improved Feint, Improved Trip, Lunge, Weapon Focus (claws)
Skills Acrobatics +19, Climb +30, Knowledge (arcana, dungeoneering, planes, religion) +12, Perception +20, Sense Motive +20, Stealth +22
Languages Aklo, Common
SQ erudite
ECOLOGY
Environment any
Organization solitary, pair, or cult (3-8)
Treasure standard
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Disease (Ex) Leng Ghoul Fever: Bite—injury; save Fort DC 22; onset immediate; effect 1d3 Con and 1d4 Dex damage; cure 2 consecutive saves. The save DC is Charisma-based. A humanoid that succumbs to Leng ghoul fever becomes a normal ghoul unless in life it had 12 or more Hit Dice, in which case it rises from death as a Leng ghoul.
Erudite (Ex) All Knowledge skills are class skills for Leng ghouls. In addition, a Leng ghoul can cast spells from any magic scroll as if it had the spells on its spell list. It automatically succeeds at the caster level check necessary to use the scroll.
Paralysis (Ex) A successful DC 22 Fortitude save negates a Leng ghoul's paralysis. At the end of each round after the first, the victim can attempt a new DC 22 Fortitude saving throw to end the paralysis effect; the effect is otherwise permanent. Once the effect ends, the victim is staggered for 1 round.
>>
So I've got a player who is trying to design/create their own spells as the backstory of the character, wanting to create something so iconic that his name will live on past his natural lifespan.

Now, he's a Lore Wizard (with some houserules to lower it's powerlevel a bit) and is willing to work with me on this spell. For now, he's approached me with the following:

> Arcane Lance

Cantrip

Range: 90 ft.

V, S, M (a pinch of diamond dust)

Effect: You send out a thin, piercing beam of magical energy to assail your foe. Make a ranged spell attack and choose one of the following damage types: Fire, cold, lighting, acid, poison, thunder, radiant, or necrotic. On a hit, deal 1d8 damage of the damage type chosen. The damage die increases by 1d8 when you reach 5th level (2d8), 11th level (3d8), and 17th level (4d8).
>>
>>55117809
It's ray of frost damage that exchanges the slow for the ability to have the lore wizard ability built into it. Seems like something a lore wizard would make to me.
>>
>>55117861
The range is a bit longer than Ray of Frost. Not as long as EB or Firebolt, but a bit more than normal, and definitely long enough to where assaulting him is harder unless I start throwing more ranged foes and/or more spellcasters at them.

For reference, the party is Totem Barbarian, Tempest Cleric, Lore Wizard, Devotion Paladin, and Open Hand Monk, all level 6 right now.
>>
>>55117782
That's what I decided to go on with out of personal preference yeah. I was just wondering about the official word though. Becuase Halfing Lucky and indomitable seems to make a distinction between reroll in a D20 and redoing the check.
>>
>>55117786
Sinspawn
Medium Humanoid, Aberration
Armor Class 14(natural armor)
Hitpoints 19 (3d8+6)
Speed: 30 ft
STR: 13 (+1)
DEX: 13 (+1)
CON: 14 (+2)
INT: 10 (0)
WIS: 13 (+1)
CHA: 12 (+1)

Skills: Intimidate +3, Perception +3, Stealth +3
Senses : Darkvision 60 ft., sin-scent passive perception 13
Language: Aklo(or whatever)
Challenge 1 (200 XP)

Actions
Multiattack attack: The sinspawn makes two attacks with its ranseur

Ranseur: Melee weapon attack, +3 to hit reach 10 ft, one creature 7 (2d4+1)

Sinful Bite: Melee attack, +3 to hit, reach 5 ft, one target, Hit: 2 dmg DC 12 Will save or become for 1d6 rounds. If target is bitten and fails another save while sickened becomes stunned for 1 round. Mind-affecting ability.

Now this was just a quick conversion using a standard orc as a reference. These things have a lower STR score than orcs but I'm guessing they attack in greater number plus they got that annoying bite thing. Spell resistance is no longer a thing so I left that out. It may need some work but I think it is good for a first draft. Its challenge rating may need adjustment, maybe this thing is only a 1/2(100xp).
>>
>>55117989
CR calculation puts it at CR 1, so you are right.

Is their any particular method you use to compare and convert?
>>
>>55117512
UA is off the table
>>
>>55117698
Counterspell is fair thing but 1/4 damage from magical effect on that party?

You effectively make 3/4 of your party useless. Bad DM.
>>
How much Con do I need as a frontline character? I'm a fighter/rogue MC
>>
>>55118162
I have 14 ATM. Do I need to go up to 16?
>>
>>55117451
You could borrow some from Legend of Grimrock 1 or 2. I really the archives puzzle from the 2nd one, and so did my player's.
>>
>>55118107
Half the class are melee and the other half should have enough Dex to use a fucking light crossbow. The Druid, guy who arguably needs Dex/Str the least, could also Wildshape.
>>
>>55118162
>>55118173
Many will have 16, but it's not strictly necessary. It depends somewhat on your combat style (sword and board, dual wielding?), fighting style (Defense?), archetypes (Battlemaster for Parry?), and how far you expect to go in each class (enough Rogue to get Uncanny Dodge)? Also whether you're building for tankiness or killiness.
>>
>>55117905
I'd still say it's fine honestly. It's a real nice cantrip but not QUITE strong enough to be a 1st level spell and it'd certainly leave his mark in the magical community. It's hyper adaptable but its damage is lower than firebolt so it's only really better than it for when you need to bypass fire immunity/resistence or when something has a vulnerability to exploit, which in an average wizards life is less than you'd think. Maybe strip the radiant/necrotic part off it though, I always tend to think of those two elements as being a little bit above the rest since they're so uncommonly resisted and are kinda outside what you'd regularly think of as the classical elements.
>>
>>55117792
Leng Ghoul Medum Undead (extraplaner)
Armor Class 18 (natural armor)
HIt Points 126 (12d8+72)
Speed 30 Ft, burrow 30 ft, Climb 30
STR: 20 (+5)
DEX: 20(+5)
Con: 15 (+2)
INT: 16 (+3)
WIS: 18 (+4)
CHA: 17 (+3)

Saving Throws: Dex+8, Int +7, Wis +8
Skills: Perception +8, Insight +8, Stealth +9, acrobatics +9
Damage Immunities: poison, cold
Condition immunities: exhaustion, poison
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft, passive perception 18
Languages: Aklo, common
Challenge 10 (5,900xp)

Actions
Mutliattack: The Leng Ghoul makes two melee attacks.

Bite: +9 to hit, reach 5 ft. one target. Hit: 9 (1d8+5) pierce. Target must make DC 16 CON save against disease or become poisoned until disease is cured. Target cannot regain hitpoints and loses 5 max HP every 24 hours that elapse. If the disease reduces a targets HP to 0 the target dies. A Save may be attempted every 24 hours.

Claws: +9 to hit, reach 5ft, one target Hit: 12 (2d6+5) slashing damage. If the target is other than an elf or undead, it must succeed on a DC 16 Constitution saving throw or be paralyzed for 1 minute. The target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.

So this guy I compared to Angels (CR 10), Vampires and Mummy Lords (as other high DC Undead) and regular ghouls. I sort of combined the poison/disease affect of mummy lords and otyugh.

Again, this is just a first draft sort of thing but I'm a little more comfortable with how this turned out compared to the Sinspawn>>55117989

Oh, and while looking at the angel they have magic resistance that is listed as advantage on all spell saves so tack that onto that Sinspawn thing.
>>
Is there a Fight Club 5 app for android?
>>
>>55118179

Light crossbows do some pretty damn pitiful damage for most spellcasters. That and telling people 'You can't actually use your main class features' isn't really very good design. Counterspell would have been enough (Giving it some resistance but nothing as stupidly high as it had there).
>>
>>55118270
>1d8+2 or +3
Unless you're running around at level 10+, this isn't all that piddly compared to the melee guys, unless we're still memeing that GWM/SS is the only way to harm creatures.
>>
>>55118017
I just looked at an orcs stat block (and I picked orc because basic level grunt bad guy) and I looked at the 3.5 stat block and I just sort of eyeballed it. I used the Orc block more for formatting help and to see what 5E considers important to include as apposed to the 3.5 stat block. Maybe those Ranseur numbers (a polearm) could use some polish and the effects of the bite could warrant a look at. It's not perfect but its a good starting point.
>>
Moon Druid is so much fun to play. I loves their versatility and short rest recharge 100+ worth of HP.

Most dungeon can't even stop Giant Octopus from going through.
>>
Someone brought up Middle Finger of Vecna earlier, is that person still here?

Does any one here use it, or is it generally disliked?
>>
>>55118358
Stop shilling it.
>>
>>55118376
Im here for discussing this. stop being a cunt and shutting down the topic.
>>
>>55118396
Why would you keep bringing it up every single thread if you're not shilling. Stop being a cunt yourself, you autist.
>>
>>55118411
I only saw this a few threads ago when i first read about it. I find the content pretty well made. What about it makes you so grumpy?
>>
>>55118411
Tbh these threads are just sucking the dick of GWM and sharpshooter or some sorlock or warlock build or another.
>>
>>55118427
You shill it too much. It get annoying. Please go back to advertisement 101 class.
>>
>>55118427
Yeah, sure you did and of course you'd think it's well made. Of course you'd say that, shill.
It's really crap and doesn't understand the fundamentals of 5e, like all shit 5e homebrew.
>>
>>55118440
What the goddamn fuck are you blathering about?
>>
>>55118445
Alright, how about you show me some good homebrew. That's all im really interested in. Can you help me with that?
>>
>>55118427
Go be annoying elsewhere, shill. You're really fucking annoying.
>>
>>55118458
The 5e UAs.
You're not even denying you're a shill.
>>
>>55118467
>>55118445
>>55118443
>>55118411
>>55118376

christ stop this shit posting. I'd rather hear a retard shill than a retard scream rape.
>>
>>55118482
You sound upset, shill. Go be annoying elsewhere.
>>
>>55118473
Anything beyond Unearthed Arcana? or are you just fun police to your players, if you have any.
>>
>>55118492
this shit again! are you the faggot who was arguing that PLAYERS are the ones who should dictate rules and what rules are brought to the table?
>>
>>55118492
Hahaha, nice little insult there, little shill. Do you have anyone wanting to play with you is the question. How about you design actually good content instead of trash. Understand the fundamentals of 5e design before shitting out trash.
>>
>>55118486
Can you prove he is shilling? No? Then shut the fuck up, tumblrfag.
>>
>>55118506
Nah the dm and the player are all there to have fun. I just like more choices when im building a character.
>>
>>55118520
Do you use its material? also what is your favorite homebrew outside of UA?
>>
>>55118520
Hahaha, whatever helps you sleep better at night, you autist. Also fuck Tumblr.
It's now brought up nearly every single thread, only a no friend shill has that persistence, surely even a retard like yourself can see that.
>>
>>55118529
You already have enough choice, crybaby, have you played with all of the combinations?
>>
>>55118541
i checked the last 3 thread. its not even mentioned.

You sir are the retard.
>>
>>55118549
Do you understand what nearly means, you fucking retard. Stop being a goddamn shill.
>>
If I wanted to run minmaxing-welcome dungeon crawl and allowed all official and UA content, is there anything grossly overpowered that I should ban? I vaguely remember a line "some races in VGM aren't intended to be balanced against others" and the Yuan-ti is definitely quite strong.

So should I ban Yuan-ti? Are there any other red flag options? Loremasters get a lot of shit, but I found them manageable in my other campaigns, so I'll probably keep them. How's the Mystic? Do the DMG Oathbreaker and Death Cleric fit in fine with the "regular" classes? I'd rather the "all content allowed" doesn't come back later to kick me in the ass.
>>
What are some good gods for viking dwarves? The kind who want to die in battle.
>>
>>55118569
not even close to all of them. Give you your address so i can secret santa you a dictionary.
>>
>>55118578
give it a shot and let us know how it turned out. sometimes these sorts of experiments are needed.
>>
>>55118578
Yaun-ti gets charisma and intellegence, neither let you live more.

I would not be too bothered by it honestly. as for the unearthed arcana, i would grant it sparingly.
>>
>>55118583
Maybe you should actually count them rather than stopping because it'll prove you wrong. It's so convenient you stopped counting isn't it. And obviously people telling you to stop shilling was a good thing.
>>
>>55118605
>And obviously people telling you to stop shilling was a good thing.

One person you mean?
>>
>>55118581
Grimnir
>>
>>55118581
Any setting particular?
>>
>>55118578
Aarocockbags are irritating to design some types of combats and things for because they have a fly speed from day 1.
Mystic is poorly balanced yet, and can do as many things as any three other classes of your choosing fairly easily.
Oathbreaker and Death Cleric are meant more for villains and, if used by players, might end up being a bit UNDERpowered, because some of their abilities are more meant to make them threatening on a campaign scale. They won't break anything, particularly.
>>
>>55118627
Aarocockbags has never seen a crossbow? or other flying monsters?
>>
>>55118623
Not really, no.
>>
>>55118583
>>55118549
>>55118611
Also, how the fuck did you count? Do you even understand how to count? It was within the last three threads you fucking autistic retard, it was in this thread >>55098330

Stop fucking shilling.
>>
>>55118611
Not that guy, but I think you should stop shilling, too.
Nobody cares about whatever content you're trying to promote. People also do not care if you're just shilling it because you like it. You not being paid doesn't make it not empty-headed shilling.
If you haven't gotten an answer in like, four threads so far over the course of about five days, you're not going to get one. Nobody cares about that thing you like except you, so stop asking us about it.

Like, damn dude. What's your obsession?
>>
>>55118640
This guy speaks great wisdom and advice.
>>
>>55118639
how many threads ago was this? i might not be able to count. that was the one i heard it from.
>>
>>55118209
Dual wilding, I am going BM with party but I'm going more rogue (6,14 assuming level 20) so definitely going for lethality.
>>
>>55118631
It's more the other things they can do with it, aside from combat.
"Cross the chasm with the rickety rope bridge" turns into a joke, they can fly over. Basically half of the fun dungeon and cavern trap/ambush scenarios become easy bypasses.

Well that, and the weird crap that will start happening when you get a player who realizes a Wizard that can freely fly is a tremendous pain in the ass. Nothing quite matches being able to poo fireballs onto peoples' cars as a bird.
>>
What's a good justification for a dwarf who lived mostly underground to be a cleric of the Tempest domain? Is there a neutral dwarven god of earthquakes and shit?
>>
>>55117471
I place a rule on my players that if they don't have one score at 9 or lower and one at 15 or above, they reroll all stats until they do. This ensures a dump stat and a good stat.
>>
>>55118209
However I don't plan on taking the dw feat because I find it really underwhelming
>>
>>55118673
You made me chuckle. Yea thats a good point. You cannot scare them with enviromental hazards like that.
>>
My soon to be DM just told me he hates monks because they're "irrealistic".
Should I jump ship now or I'm just being paranoid?
>>
>>55118662
Wielding*
>>
>>55118655
You fucking said the number, chump, stop being disingenuous. You said you didn't shill for the last three threads, that's a goddamn lie. That link to the last thread was within three threads and it involved you shilling. Fuck off with your shilling.
>>
>>55118655
Can you actually read? What the actual fuck? Do you actually understand what " It was within the last three threads" means?
>>
Let's take a quick intermission from people crying shill.

But related topic anyone gonna get tomb of anhiliation?

I have all the premades so far (only played OOTA and HotDQ but read through the rest) and they were all kina average compared to paizo ones and I'm a bit hesitant to get the new one.
>>
>>55118685
encounters indoors with low ceilings. Strong winds that count as rough terrain while flying. Hazardous weather that requires a CON or DEX save to prevent dropping from the sky. There are some things you can do to mess with the Aracockbag.
>>
File: DH4XSQ7V0AE0inO.jpg large.jpg (419KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
DH4XSQ7V0AE0inO.jpg large.jpg
419KB, 1536x2048px
>>55118710
>>
>>55118581
In faerun you have Clangeddin Silverbeard, Deep Duerra, and Haela Brightaxe.
>>
>>55118720
Boi you got spoils for us?
>>
>>55118686
Hates as in doesn't allow? How easy is it for you to find another group?
>>
>>55118725
Not him but NO its the same image that gets posted every thread and no one ever does
>>
>>55118725
Wait your turn.
>>
>>55118725
>DH4XSQ7V0AE0inO.jpg large.jpg
I'm going to assume that isn't their image
>>
For those of you who use guns in your campaigns, what rules do you use? Are melee weapons used alongside guns? Are they balanced with each other?
>>
>>55118686
He probably just lacks the vocabulary to describe the real problem with monks: they're off-genre, based on a complete misunderstanding of a culture that shouldn't even be in D&D, and hard to take seriously.
>>
>>55118897
I'm in a campaign where one of the players is using Matt Mercer's Gunsliger Fighter class that he made for Critical Role.

Even at Level 3, the Gunslinger is by far the most powerful character in the party.

I have no idea how anyone can claim it's balanced.

As for rules, I'd suggest trying to come up with some way of enforcing realistic reload times.

Even using firearms on the level of American Civil War muskets, a skilled soldier could only load and fire about 3 shots per minute.
>>
>>55118957
>can't tell if /pol/ or tumblr
>>
>>55118897
inb4 some one screams me out, Middle Finger of Vecna seems to have gun rules. I have not had a chance to look at it but it seems interesting.
>>
>>55118686
jump ship
this guy is probably a nutjob DM of the worst kind
>>
File: 635751951012795556.jpg (122KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
635751951012795556.jpg
122KB, 1600x1200px
>>55117219
WHEN AM I GETTING A 5E DRACONOMICON DAMNIT!!!!!
>>
>>55118973
Here's the problem with early firearms, reload times, and guns in D&D. In the real world, guns with slow reload times were worth it because A: you were often part of a large formation laying down volleys on enemy formations, and B: whether in battle or in a duel, you could reasonably expect to take someone out of the fight with one hit. Neither of those things are true in D&D. You're a small party with no outside support, and the monsters and NPCs are built to survive several hits. Attacks are designed to work from volume, with each player contributing at least one attack every round and often more, and you can't just compensate by giving a weapon the loading property because there's an easy way to bypass that.

I've seen this problem solved in variant d20 campaigns with vitality and wound point systems, where guns take several rounds to reload but do damage straight to wound points, so they're still worth it.
>>
>>55119024
Never. Are you ready for UA Foods & Drinks?
>>
>>55117783
Not him, but the class structure is more limiting than 3.5 (for all that game's faults)
>>
>>55119029
I mean, I can understand if at higher levels reloading quickly is a non-issue. Or if a a skilled enough person were to design what is essentially a revolver or a Winchester repeating rifle.

Although that might be stretching the tech level of a medieval fantasy setting a bit further than most people would want to go.
>>
Can Illithid use any humanoid race to procreate or does it have to be humans?
>>
>>55118973
so lets go with 3 shots in a 9 round period (to make the maths easier) So it would take 2 rounds to load and 1 round to fire. Should the person be allowed to move or use bonus actions? I would say no but maybe feat choices or a class skill can affect this. Should a fighter using action surge be allowed to reload faster? Yeah sure, it's not like they can spam those things. Does being affected by haste allow one to reload faster? Again, yes. Can a person with multiple attacks use them to reload the gun faster, no.

So with this kind of limitation what benefit can the gun offer? In previous editions there were rules that said the gun counted as a ranged touch attack and so ignored armor completely (just dex and magic bonus, I forget if that included shields). That sort of thing doesn't exist in 5E but could we have the gun ignore worn armor anyway? Many beast like monsters have a natural armor class so I don't think so. Maybe -5 AC penalty to the target?

And what about damage. This bullet should hit hard, but how hard? 2d12, 4d4+6? I like the idea of more small dice than just two big ones. The DMG offers guidelines for suggested spell damage for created spells. A second level single target spell is 2d10, a third level 3d10 and so on. Going by those damage ranges I think making a gun comparable to a second level spell is not too out of the question. A person can fire more bullets than a wizard has spell slots but they have to stand still while doing it.

So how does 4d4+6, -5 to target AC, but what about range? Should it be comparable to a short bow, long bow, or crossbow? I think shortbow range is not unreasonable of 80/320. Or since we are dealing with non rifled muskets perhaps a more realistic range would be like a hand crossbow of 30/120. This is not to say the bullet could not go further but they weren't exactly pinpoint accurate either so this could be a way to simulate that aspect of early firearms. Thoughts?
>>
>>55119186
any humanoid
>>
I'm making a tempest cleric dwarf, level 8. I'm torn between having
>14 Str, Resilient:Con and 18 Wis
or
>13 Str, no feat and 20 Wis
What should I do? It's ok to wait until level 12 to have a 20 in your primary stat, right?
>>
>>55119029
One volley of rifle fire before closing in to melee is not wholly out of the question. Also if powder and shot are rare/expensive/hard to come by that could deter spamming. Lets say every single shot is worth 100 gp. And it takes more than a trip to ye ol' Wal-Mart to get ammo. Treat it like charges on a wand before those things started recharging every morning.
>>
File: 1493801673900[2].jpg (105KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
1493801673900[2].jpg
105KB, 1024x682px
Kensei or Way of Shadow?
>>
>>55119367
Shadow, you are a sneaky ninja
>>
>>55117219

How come the weapons list is so limited? Do you guys just homebrew everything that has certain properties that you don't get off weapons on the list? Like, say I wanted a bludgeoning reach weapon and I said the 1d10 from the warhammer but got rid of the versatile property and replaced it with reach, would that be fair or is it not included in the PHB because bludgeoning is too useful or something?
>>
>>55119105
Going straight from the discovery of gunpowder to the level of industrialization required for revolvers strains suspension of disbelief. Technology is never, ever just a matter of being "skilled enough." It builds off of the existing resources, infrastructure, tools, consumer needs, and body of scientific research. The smartest caveman can't just smart a motorcycle into being.

Also, in game terms, guns that reload as fast as crossbows are, in effect, just reskinned crossbows, and you either have to balance them that way or completely change paradigm and let all other weapons and some other spells become obsolete.
>>
>>55119304
Gold is not a reliable way to motivate or restrain players in 5e. Their funds by level are wholly unpredictable, and they can get by just fine with almost nothing because there's so little to spend gold on.
>>
>>55118973
Mercer's gunslinger does seem a little OP. Have you looked at Arcane Artillery on /r/unearthedarcana? He changes it drastically every version, so I have some doubts about its balance, but it does address how to include firearms for every class

>>55118998
Middle Finger has a lot of detail, but it looks like the purpose is to make melee weapons obsolete
>>
>>55119488
that is indeed what I do and that sounds reasonable to me. I would suggest taking a look at the other polearms. The damage is the same but you should include the heavy property to bring it inline with the other polearms. Also your bludgeoning reach weapon was called a bec de corbin. Its a cool name and sorely missing from the base equipment list.
>>
>>55119367
Shadow
>>
>>55119745
>>55119393
Mechanically, or for flavour? Or both?
>>
>>55119261
How are you raising your Strength if you're taking a feat for Constitution, though?
I'd personally up my Wisdom to 20 at first chance available.
>>
>>55117461
>curse of strahd, translate the book of challenges.
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>55119760
Personally both
>>
>>55119760
My ninja is a goblin, mechanically its pretty anti caster and flavor youre a fucking ninja
>>
>>55119304
Tricks that early gunners actually used, such as firing once before charging or carrying multiple loaded pistols, should be an option. When deciding how much damage a slow-loading firearm should deal, you have to ask what will happen when (not if) they start gun-juggling.
>>
Hey /tg/ want of my players wants to be a vampire. Is there a good Homebrew for it that is similar to the revenant race?
>>
>>55120022
reflavor/rework lizardfolk
>>
>>55117449
Point buy for a serious game, rolling for casual
>>
>>55118547

>you already have enough choice

Didn't realize Hexblade was in the PHB
>>
Should I take Resilience Wis or Con? Which one is more important over all? I'm a rogue btw, thinking of grabbing it with my V.Human bonus feat, I know I get it for free at 15, but I doubt we'll go that high
>>
>>55119046
I am prone to disagree with that, actually.
Because of the way in which the rules are written you can easily refluff just about anything to fit any character concept you have in mind. As opposed to sifting through a thousand splats.
>>
>>55120137
A failed con save will kill you. A failed wis save might put you in a position that will kill you.
>>
Is there anything funnier than casting hold monster on something thats flying
>>
>>55120255
Casting Hideous Laughter on something that's flying.
>>
>>55120022
Planeshift: Zendikar has a playable race of vampires-in-name-only, but honestly i'd tell him to get a less cringy character idea or show him the door.
>>
>>55120137
What kind of rogue? A different perk might be better depending on how you play
If you HAVE to pick Resilience, think about your DM/setting. Mine likes to use a lot of spellcasters more than monsters and beasts, so WIS would be good for me
>>
>>55120022
Tell him if he REALLY wants to play a vampire then you'll think about running a one-shot, or ask the group if they'd like to do an evil-campaign.

Other than that, Vampires are quite overpowered. If you were to give them the curse, I'd recommend giving them the negatives first. Then over time give them the benefits of their curse in the place of magical items.
>>
Anyone got either of these 3:

http://www.dmsguild.com/product/219716/Encounters-in-the-Savage-Cities?src=hottest_filtered&filters=45469

http://www.dmsguild.com/product/200486/Encounters-in-the-Savage-Frontier

http://www.dmsguild.com/product/215866/Tome-of-Adventures?src=hottest_filtered&filters=45469

Tried it at PDF share but nothing so far.
>>
>>55117396

Rules lite goes against the entire idea of DnD, I hope 6e goes back to the crunch the system is known for.
>>
>>55119837
>>55119782
Can you cast Darkvision on yourself, then short rest and get 7 "free" hours of the effect?
>>
>>55118083
Late response, but zeal cleric isn't UA
>>
>>55119031

Nah man, next UA is going yo be flavors of oozes.
>>
>>55120349
Yes
>>
>>55120333
So go play pathfinder.
D&D hasn't been this popular in years. You're crazy if you think they're gonna change up their strategy after the success of 5e.
>>
>>55120128
Isn't that an UA option? That was already mentioned in this pissing match you two should just get a room and get this sexual tension over with
>>
>>55120427

But paizo are a bunch of cucks and 3.5 was one of the worst editions.

Tabletop rpgs are ultimately meant to be games, not free form rp, if you want that then an improv group or book would be better.

Or use FATE or some shit
>>
>>55117449
point buy, stat caps + exchanging ASI's for feats means the difference between two rolled characters can be quite high.
>>
>>55118506

The players are the ones who decide whether a houserule is used or not at the table.

RAW is enforced by DM though.
>>
>>55120477
I'm just saying, they won't go back. Search your heart, you know it to be true.

I agree with you that they are meant to be games. Which is why I don't like when DMs handwave too much. Have had a DM that almost never has you roll damage because his mobs are literally just "you hit them, they die" trash. It's kind of annoying.
>>
>>55118982
is there a difference?
>>
>>55120477
The issue is a lot of people like the newer style that makes some of the stuff an option and isn't loaded with rules for everything. Just because that's the way it was doesn't mean it's the best business model or what appeals to the most players. You could always attempt to adapt rules from 3.5, pf and 4e if that's what you really want. I don't doubt other anons would be interested in such an endeavour
>>
>>55120537

Im seeing the same with video games too, making things open to a larger and more casual audience sells better, but it doesn't make better content.

I do adapt some 4e rules and monsters though.
>>
File: IMG_4921.jpg (34KB, 297x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4921.jpg
34KB, 297x400px
>>55119186
There is actually a whole list of illithids using all kinds of creatures to make stuff. Brainstealer dragon is when a tadpole gets to a dragon.
>>
>>55120520
Pitch of the screeching and wether or not companies feel they are a minority that needs to be listened to over all others.
>>
>>55120520
/pol/ is funnier
>>
>>55120477
>complains about rules-lite system
>shits on rules-heavy system
Do you even like DnD?
>>
>>55120510
Not remotely. The DM is the referee, and has 100% control over the rules.
The players, however, have 100% control over telling the DM to fuck himself and find a new DM if the rules are bad.
>>
>>55120558
I agree my man, it sucks to see games becoming more and more watered down because that's what sells. However from a business stand point it's understandable even if I don't like it.
>>
>>55120567
Given then state of this general, very likely
>>
>>55120567

I shit on 3.5 not because it was rules heavy, but because it was horribly horribly balanced, usually in favor of casters (Fucking CoDzilla).
>>
>>55120520
One is catered to with passage of new laws
The otheris catered to by ignoring existing laws and the constitution
>>
>>55120599
alright then, lets try this:
What edition DO you like?
>>
>>55120576

Yeah that's true, if you stay from raw and make things less fun with shitty rules, expect to be hit with a PHB.

Repeatedly.
>>
>>55120613

2e was ok, 4e was good for combat but not much else.
>>
>>55120578
IDK, I've been playing since 2e, liked every edition, and I love 5e's streamlined nature. Sometimes a game is only complex because the designers jerk off to math textbooks and the players don't know any better.

>>55120615
You literally can't hit the DM with the PHB unless he's claiming something is RAW when it isn't. If he introduces a new rule explicitly, the best you can do is talk to him about why you think it's bad. You don't get to vote or argue it away.
>>
>>55120333
>>55120477
>the crunch the system is known for
>3.5 was one of the worst editions
Alright, so, you probably need to know that 5e is the lightest MODERN edition. All the TSR editions are lighter. There are just 2 crunch-heavy D&Ds, which are 3.5 and 4e
>>
>>55120615
This is why a session zero should always happen. If, as a DM, you impose house rules without first making it apparent what those rules are, then don't be surprised when players push back due to expectations that you're playing RAW.

As a DM, my philosophy is house rules are supposed to enhance fun/quality of life for the DM AND the players. If you're only serving one side and making things more annoying for the other, then you're likely gonna have issues.
>>
What would an Archfey Patron ask of their Warlock?
>>
>>55120639
I know it youre a fucking grgnard aren't you
>>
>>55120658
He's calling fucking AD&D crunchier than 5e so I seriously doubt he's actually played 2e
>>
>>55120674
Why is he even here??
>>
>>55120652

I'm not criticising 3.5e for the crunch, that was fine, I'm criticising it for being heavily biased to casters, moreso than any other edition.
>>
Oh boy, tomorrow my players are going to run into six mystic enemies complete with mind control, psionic weapons and mantle of X buffs. I hope they are smart enough to flee.
And this is right after a fighting tournament so they won't be at full strength.
>>
>>55120645
>You literally can't hit the DM with the PHB unless
i don't think you know what "literally" means.

>>55120639
So do you even like DnD? I mean, the best we got out of you so far is "2e was ok"
>>
>>55120645
>If he introduces a new rule explicitly, the best you can do is talk to him about why you think it's bad. You don't get to vote or argue it away.

You can vote by not playing. But I agree that talking it out is usually the better option.
I've had DMs introduce rules out of the blue because in their mind they think something is overpowered while ignoring stuff that is ACTUALLY broken raw. When in reality the player is just using their abilities optimally. It's commonly a sign of insecure DMs that are afraid players are gonna break off the rails and they aren't confident enough to deal with those surprises. That's not always the case, but from my experience that's usually what is playing out.
>>
>>55120685
b8ing presumably
>>
>>55120674

I said it was OK as an edition, I prefer 4e though.
>>
>>55120286
Thief/battle master. I'm gonna be a skirmisher type character so mobile might be a solid choice as well
>>
>>55120692
>with mind control,
>I hope they are smart enough to flee.
doesn't sound like they'll have much choice one way or the other.
>>
>>55120692
>I hope they are smart enough to flee.
Brace for TPK
>>
>>55120652
>>55120674
How do you define "crunch-heavy"?
The TSR versions didn't have absurd stacking and optimization builds, but the rules for doing things were granular and overly complicated in many cases. They weren't rules-lite by any means.

>>55120655
Sexy espionage of rival archfey.
>>
>>55120701

I mean, you can essentially kick a DM out by making another group if you don't like how he's running things.
>>
Hey, lads and lasses. Is it possible, in this thread full of houserule arguments, to get level-headed critique of a proposed houserule? Or should I try again later?
>>
>>55120703
I guess, I hate this site why do I come here
>>
>>55120713
The fights going to happen in a town so they just need to break LoS. Luckily they have a mystic NPC with class levels so they are somewhat familiar with their powers. And the paladin is immune to charming effects.
>>55120726
I have two friendly NPCs as backup to deus ex machina them the fuck out of there but I'd rather not rely on that. I'd rather have them flee, run into their allies and then decide if they want to try fighting or just teleport away.
>>
Requesting scarred lands for 5e
>>
>>55120655
Plant some trees or something idk
>>
>>55120767
>I guess, I hate this site why do I come here
because you lack the social skills necessary to combat your loneliness.
>>
>>55120318
Got to the WOTCTrove and it should be in third party.
>>
>>55120768
Most players don't realize fleeing is an option, and reject it even if they do ("encounters should be balanced!!!!!!!")
So it's a very good thing you have a backup plan.
>>
>>55120740
>The TSR versions didn't have absurd stacking and optimization builds, but the rules for doing things were granular and overly complicated in many cases
I haven't messed around with AD&D too much, but things like thief skills really aren't that complicated. 2e introduced kits and all that mess, but many DMs I know just straight-up banned them.
>>
File: ADDICT.pdf (204KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
ADDICT.pdf
204KB, 1x1px
>>55120740
>>55120674
To complicate matters, nobody actually played AD&D as written. Ask people in /osrg/ if you don't believe me. Nobody used the rules as written for initiative (the complete version of which I've attached here,) monster XP values, bonuses and penalties for specific weapons against specific AC, alignment languages, alignment change penalties, potion miscibility, and a host of other subsystems. AD&D the way people actually play it is much simpler.
>>
>>55120655
Depends on the archfey.
>>
>>55120767
because you're here forever
>>
>>55117989
>Medium Humanoid, Aberration
You can't be a humanoid and an aberration at the same time anon
>>
>>55120855
The only fey I'm really aware of is the Raven Queen.
>>
File: IMG_20170829_083658.jpg (195KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170829_083658.jpg
195KB, 1024x640px
I've always felt like RAW crits are underwhelming and have a chance ti backfire. Rolling extra dice disappoints when they're all 1's. So /tg/, please rate the sanity of this house rule:

When you score a critical hit, you deal maximum damage with your weapon and any supplementary sources of damage (i.e. Sneak Attack, Brutal Critical). THEN ON TOP OF THAT,roll for your weapon’s normal damage on top of that, and then add any static modifiers, such as the relevant ability score for the attack.

In short, critical hit damage = (max weapon) + (max supplement[s]) + (roll weapon) + (modifier[s]).

Example: a Level 1 Wizard with a +3 Intelligence modifier casts Fire Bolt. On a critical hit, Fire Bolt would deal 10 + 1d10 + 3 damage, or 13 + 1d10 damage.

Other Example: a Level 13 Half-Orc Barbarian with a +5 Strength modifier and a greataxe. Savage Attacks give half-orcs one extra weapon die on a critical hit, and at Level 13, Brutal Critical gives barbarians two extra weapon die on a critical hit; relative to a greataxe, this totals 3d12 supplementary dice. On a critical hit with the maul, this half-orc would do 12 + 36 + 1d12 + 5, or 53 + 1d12 damage! Nowthat’sa critical hit!

Obviously this allows players to act like big damn heroes when the dice fall their way - but enemies would play by the same rules.
>>
>>55120939
We have used that since day 1. The rogue and paladin love it.
Especially the rogue, fucker got 4 crits in a row in a single fight. Three of them were sneak attacks, all of them were with his off-hand dagger. He named it "The Tickler" afterwards.
>>
>>55120430

No that's not why I said it. The guy insinuated that UA is "homebrew" and when he said "already have enough choice" I presumed he means just off PHB classes/subclasses
>>
>>55120794
Actually no, I use this shitty general to fill the void of D&D when I'm not playing D&D
>>
>>55120999
it's okay, anon, we know the truth
>>
>>55121012
Wwwhat could you possibly mean anon, I'm not cripplingly depressed and lonely or anything, baka
>>
>>55120939
REEEEEEEEEE wizards don't add int mod to their firebolts, especially at level 1 REEEEEE
>>
>>55120820
It's possible my experience was different because I played 2e rather than 1e, but I played it basically RAW. Even used weapon speed factors for initiative.

>>55120818
You should mess around with it some more.
As mentioned by >>55120820, there was stuff like "weapon type vs. armor modifiers" to attack rolls, with armor type being a comprehensive list of all different armor types. Weapon bloat was ridiculous - 18 different types of polearms, all in the PHB, all with different stats, to name the worst offender. Highly-specific simulationist rules abound, like "there is only a 20% chance that a captured [full plate armor] can be refitted to a new owner of approximately the same size." Nonweapon Proficiencies (skills) are all based on a stat, except the ones that aren't, have a variable cost, and in addition have a further possible bonus or penalty on all rolls (because it's easier/harder than other things using the same skill). Attacks per round, for fighters, are often not whole numbers (one extra attack every other turn), which is good for balance but requires extra bookkeeping, especially when not attacking every round. Classes all level up at different rates, stop rolling for hit points at different levels, and have different spell progressions. And, of course, there's THAC0.
The game only isn't complicated if you've read it front-to-back several times and also have excellent memory or ability to reference rules multiple times per session. My experience as a DM says that teaching literally any newer edition is a lot easier than teaching 2e.
I'm not hating on the system - it was my first and I will always have nostalgia for it - but compared to later iterations, it was messy and cluttered.
>>
>>55121041

Wait, fuck, you're right!

Godammit that'a what I get for never playing casters
>>
>>55120316
It's a girl and I'm really not worried about her doing too much crazy stuff with it since she's mostly rp focused anyway. Also the party currently isn't the most savory of individuals, they just have common goals.
>>
>>55120939
>Example: a Level 1 Wizard with a +3 Intelligence modifier casts Fire Bolt. On a critical hit, Fire Bolt would deal 10 + 1d10 + 3 damage, or 13 + 1d10 damage.
you really should learn the rules before modifying them
>>
>>55120939
As a DM I inexplicably roll natural 20s all the time to the detriment of my players. So much so that I've even started considering to fudge them as 19s.

If I did this I would expect a TPK after a couple sessions.
I do agree though, it is quite disappointing to get all 1s on a crit. So this isn't a bad houserule by any means.
>>
>>55121072
50gp says she wants to be emo and sparkle in the sun
>>
>>55120920
The Raven Queen is not a fey. I don't know if she ever was, even when alive.
Fey are being like the Queen of Summer, Lord of the Wild Hunt, or Lady of the Lake. Or in trippier settings, shit like the Lord of Lost Hope.
>>
>>55121074
>>55121066
>>
>>55121072
I understand. Regardless, I would still slowly give her the powers outlined in the MM instead of all at once. What race her is character?
>>
>>55121089
Clearly you don't have much experience with tabletop nerd girls.
100gp says she roleplays a cruel streak and tries to seduce a chick at some point.
>>
>>55121066
It's okay I forgive you.
*Kisu*
>>
What are some interesting potions an alchemist would sell? What are some interesting arrows a bowmaker would sell?

Also my PCs have expressed interest in investing in Tinker/Craftsman's work/business. What are some interesting ideas for things they could be pitching?
>>
>>55121089
She's actually a nice Christian girl, non dyed hair and everything. She's just currently taking a class on vampires and likes bats a lot. She wants to play a ranger with a bat companion.

>>55121115
She hasn't decided on a race yet. She's still forming her character
>>
>>55121136
It's not your job to give your players ideas.
>>
>>55119242
You know there's fun rules in the DMG right.
>>
>>55121195
No no I mean they're going to search out tinkers and Craftsmen and I want some ideas of what these NPCs could be working on. I'm drawing blanks outside of CLOCKS!
>>
>>55121178

Christian girl eh? Suggest Warlock.
>>
>>55121178
Okay so just an autistic level obsession with bats
>>
>>55120701
Seconding. I had a DM try to shut down shield master by arguing I shouldn't be able to prone something with four legs, because "it's not the same as a person going prone".
>>
>>55121088

If it's real dice then test them, or use random number generator instead.
>>
>>55121057
I say I haven't messed around with it much because I've always listened to the people who say AD&D is a trainwreck, so I just play Basic which is definitely lighter
>>
>>55121224
>there's fun rules in the DMG
Don't lie on the internet.
>>
>>55121253
>She wants to play a ranger with a bat companion
>an autistic level obsession with bats
What would /5eg/ be without this much projection
>>
>>55121323
>She's just currently taking a class on vampires and likes bats a lot. She wants to play a ranger with a bat companion.
>not an autistic obsession with bats
>>
>>55121224
>>55121299
Most definitely supposed to say "gun"; but not wrong.
>>
File: IMG_1858.jpg (33KB, 680x447px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1858.jpg
33KB, 680x447px
>>55121339
>>
File: IMG_1861.jpg (30KB, 236x344px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1861.jpg
30KB, 236x344px
>>55121323
>>
>>55121339
I'm pretty sure she just likes bats. When she learned she could have an animal companion she asked for a bat, because she already wanted to play a vamp.
Also she's too normal to be autistically obsessed with things.... I think
>>
>>55121339
Have you ever interacted with another human being not on the internet?
>>
>>55121226

Shield guardian
>>
>>55121284
It's real dice. And I have tested them. When I'm a player I roll 1s like no tomorrow.
>>
>>55120807

I checked the trove on the PDF share post but sadly none of those are on there.
>>
File: IMG_1322.jpg (71KB, 330x261px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1322.jpg
71KB, 330x261px
>>55121382
>>
>>55121378
Well if she already wants to have a bat companion, why not reflavor a drow as a vampire. Or perhaps a half-vampire?
Or like I said earlier, a vampire but with developing powers. Give her drow stats, then occasionally toss her some vampire abilities down the road.
>>
>>55120981
Oh, the running meme around here is that UA is official homebrew, mostly from how it's balanced sometimes, the other thing to keep in mind is homebrew is tricky. You can tell a lot of people who do make homebrew are used to systems like 3.5 or pf instead of 5e so what they make is normally broken and unfun for players who aren't using homebrew. At least that's what I've gathered and why I normally tell people not to use homebrew because most of it is shit.
>>
Preface: I'm not complaining about 5e and I'm not accusing anyone of badwrongfun. This is mostly a thought experiment.

A major critique of 5e by those who don't play it is that bounded accuracy reduces the disparity between the highly-trained and completely untrained.
For example, if knowing a monster's weakness requires a DC 15 check, the wizard who studied monsters all his life and has a +5 will succeed slightly over half the time. Meanwhile, the slightly cleverer-than-average rogue with no background in monsterology has a +1 and will succeed slightly over a third of the time. Not only are those chances for success relatively close, there's a 30% chance of the rogue rolling higher than the wizard (this is more meaningful in cases like opposed strength checks, where an athletics-trained fighter can lose to a finesse bard 30% of the time).
2e had a supplement that solved this by letting higher-strength characters roll more dice, but that's a clunky fix which trivializes difficult tasks with bounded accuracy.
What if we rolled 3d6 (average 10.5) instead of 1d20 (average 10.5)?
The wizard now succeeds on his knowledge roll 62.5% of the time, but the rogue only succeeds 16.2% of the time. More importantly, the opposed contest case is now won by the contestant with the numerical advantage 85.5% of the time instead of 70% - the odds of failure have halved.
The major issues I see with a 3d6 system is that more difficult tasks become increasingly hard to actually achieve (the opposite, easy tasks becoming trivial, could be said to be a benefit). A DC20 check is impossible with a +1, and only 10% possible with a +5 (although a few levels down the line, with a +8, the chance is 37.5%, and a high-level character with a + 11 succeeds 74.1% of the time).
Clearly, higher numbers become more meaningful, and skill DCs need to be adjusted from the default DC table. But if the DC table IS altered, we get a system where skill matters much more, and contests don't seem so arbitrary.
>>
>>55121437
Most of it IS shit. Especially UA. But not all of it is overpowered. A lot of it is underpowered as well.
>>
>>55121448
Obviously, none of this should be used for attack rolls, because it messes with crits and AC values can't be so easily adjusted.

So, what are people's overall impressions? I don't really know if I intend to implement this, but I find the math discussion and consideration worthwhile.
>>
File: Atavist, fourth draft.pdf (7MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Atavist, fourth draft.pdf
7MB, 1x1px
Rate this homebrew /5eg/.
>>
>>55121473
Homebrew/10
>>
>>55121448
>>55121462
One of the biggest problems with this is how advantage/disadvantage work, as well as crits becoming significantly rarer (if you would need an 18 on the 3d6), and no mention of how this would work with abilities like Lucky or Portent.
>>
>>55121437
Basically hit the nail on the head. Not only is homebrewing harder than most people realize (the balance doesn't create itself), many homebrewers still have a very 3e mentality and approach (Matt Mercer is a notable example of this).
That's why DMs are usually justified in being overly conservative in what they allow. Most things just aren't good enough to be used.

>>55121454
UA, on average, is better than non-UA homebrew. Pretending otherwise is delusional or pointlessly contrarian.
>>
>>55121428
That's actually a good idea, I'll reflavor drow and the bite from the lizardfolk. That should satisfy her.
>>
>>55121497
Crits wouldn't matter since they only exist on attack rolls.
Advantage/Disadvantage is a fair concern. My initial thought is "roll another d6 and take out the highest/lowest" - let me run some numbers to see how this affects success rates.
>>
>>55121448
>For example, if knowing a monster's weakness requires a DC 15 check, the wizard who studied monsters all his life and has a +5 will succeed slightly over half the time. Meanwhile, the slightly cleverer-than-average rogue with no background in monsterology has a +1 and will succeed slightly over a third of the time. Not only are those chances for success relatively close, there's a 30% chance of the rogue rolling higher than the wizard (this is more meaningful in cases like opposed strength checks, where an athletics-trained fighter can lose to a finesse bard 30% of the time).
The DC is set by the DM. The DM can also decide that if it makes sense for a player that has studied monsters all his life to have a slight chance at knowing its weakness, they can also decide that anyone who doesn't have this background will, in fact, not succeed despite any roll.
So simply put, you assign a DC for the wizard that is different for the rogue. The rogue will never meet that DC you assign, so you don't have them roll. The wizard has a chance, let him roll.

>opposed athletics
Ever been tackled by a small child? The child is weak compared to a grown man, but they can still latch on to your leg despite this. The grown man has a higher athletics ability mod, given a small window of time, he will almost certainly succeed at escaping the grapple.
>>
>>55121510
Its the only way you will ever satisfy her anon
>>
>>55121499

A lot of UA has been OP (Lore master, Theurge)

Or UP (war magic, cavalier)
>>
>>55121499
Is it bad that I try to allow things that may be broken/op with the thought that I'll just make other things stronger in return?
>>
>>55121490
So you don't like it?
>>
>>55121499
>UA, on average, is better than non-UA homebrew. Pretending otherwise is delusional or pointlessly contrarian.
Sure, but that wasn't the argument I was making.
Put another way, there are a lot of UA that are on par with d&dwiki levels of shit. But the reason UA is, on average, better is because there's less of it and it goes through more hands before being published (presumably).
>>
>>55121537
I didn't ever read it anon
>>
>>55121473
Sorry m8 have to agree with >>55121490
>>
>>55121473
I don't like the flavor, too much edge and focusing on a single aspect. Blood is not interesting.
>>
>>55121555
>implying UA isnt just the first thing Mearls can think of on monday morning.
>>
>>55121473
"divine (or unholy)" should be "divine (or profane)."
Avenging attack should not allow an attack roll on a failed ability check, because people can make ability checks all the time at no cost (knowledge checks, for instance).
Humansbane is actually a lot more powerful than you might have intended. CR3 humans include things with 58 hit points, which is a bit OP to kill with one hit.
Greedy Render is flat out too good. When you get it, you can use it for a free average of +5 damage or saving throw bonus.
Can't read archetypes, gotta go to work.
>>
>>55121635
>Avenging attack should not allow an attack roll on a failed ability check, because people can make ability checks all the time at no cost (knowledge checks, for instance).

I'll give this feedback to the creator.
>>
>>55121632

Next UA will be a list of sandwich meats and bread combinations.
>>
File: literally flawless.jpg (20KB, 200x267px) Image search: [Google]
literally flawless.jpg
20KB, 200x267px
>>55121716
SHUT UP IT'S PERFECT
>>
>>55121773
Nothing is flawless anon.
>>
File: 1504026746282.jpg (30KB, 200x267px) Image search: [Google]
1504026746282.jpg
30KB, 200x267px
>>55121784
QUIET OR I'LL SLAP YOU WITH A BIBLE HEAVIER THAN I CAN LIFT
>>
>>55121632
Well, a lot of it was alright. It started getting worse the closer we got to wizards. And then wizards went full retard.
>>
>>55121817
>god can't lift a bible
God needs to hit the gym
>>
>>55121772
better than the last two
>>55121827
a lot of it has been good, but yeah some of it was obviously done the morning of the release
>>
>>55120807
I'll upload them in 8 or so hours when I get home then
>>
>>55121091
And thus my ignorance is complete.
>>
>>55121226
Make sure half or of them are scams, like that mechanical Turk who could play chess.
>>
What are some good classes/character concepts for SKT?
>>
>>55121409
>>55121918
>>
>>55121865

Can't really get worse than the last two.

>Geyhawk Initiative
Overly complicated system for initiative that punishes classes that are fast by penalizing them for taking bonus actions. Not to mention it was already explained thoroughly in one of his tweets.

>TP Exp
Most people use milestone leveling, even the devs themselves say they prefer milestone, so thoroughly useless.
>>
>>55121523
Unless the child is extremely heavy, the odds of detaching from it in a 6-second window should be higher than 70%. Or at least so some would say, and that's the mindset that would lead to these proposed changes. (Which, again, I'm not actively advocating for)

>>55121515
>>55121497
>Lucky
This would be tricky, but not impossible. The best I can come up with right now is "if you roll a total of 5 or lower," which has about the same odds (4.63%) as a natural 1 (5%).
>Portent
I have no answer for this. Since the roll types would use different dice, this ability would break.
>Advantage
Rolling 2d20 and taking the higher result is higher than rolling 1d20 69% of the time (and lower 36% of the time), with an average increase of 3.3.
Rolling 4d6 and taking the highest 3 is higher than rolling 3d6 71% of the time (and lower ~38% of the time). The average increase is much lower at 1.7; however, since we'd be moving DCs closer together to accommodate tighter math, this seems acceptable.
For disadvantage, the math is exactly the same but in reverse.
>>
My party is gearing up to go behind enemy lines and raid a wyvern eyrie to "eliminate the dragonborn army's air superiority"
I plan on this being a reverse dungeon where they enter the base of this mountain thru a cave, then work their way up to the mountain peak.

What's the best way to go about this? Any tips or fun ideas?
>>
>>55121923
There is no shame in ignorance if one is willing to learn. And admittedly "Raven Queen" sounds 100% like an archfey and not like a deity, so it's a pretty understandable mistake.

>>55121846
If God can increase his deadlift, we'd get an answer to the age-old heavy stone question.
>>
>>55122020
Depends on how determined the child is.
>>
>>55122070
If you can't reliably remove the child from your leg, you probably don't have 16 strength and proficiency in athletics. Which is fair, because the vast majority of people have neither of these.
Don't be like a Pathfinder dev and let your personal experiences affect your opinion of what's possible for martial characters.
>>
>>55121573
Did you not like it either anon? What were your issues?
>>
File: 1348931491560.jpg (31KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1348931491560.jpg
31KB, 500x374px
>>55121473
>1d4 HP
>>
>>55122070
>He isn't strong enough to remove a child from his leg
Do you even lift?
>>
>>55122070
>>55122155
really matters more if you are willing to harm the child. Normally kids are hard to detach because you are actively avoiding trying to hurt the child. But if you had no qualms about punching the little brat in the ribs, then you can quite easily peel one off.
>>
>>55122135
Tries to do too much while not taking into account its own limitations. With a 1d4 health you'll be useless attempting to use any type of render unless you have someone always making sure you have temp HP. Far too edgy thematically, cap stone is a shoddy rendition of paladin's capstone and I stopped reading there because its once again made by someone who doesn't fully grasp balancing in 5e.
>>
>>55122184
>Needs to punch
>Can't pry their arms off
You could have just said you don't lift
>>
>>55122142
>>55121473
>1d4 hit points
Aw shit, didn't even notice that!
Seeing as the class uses hit points as a resource, it should PROBABLY have more than 1d4.
What the 1d4 says to me is "I think the class I made is OP so I'll """"balance"""" it by giving it low HP."
>>
>>55122235
kids tend to latch on with both arms and legs, I don't have four arms to peel off each limb.
>>
>>55122066
Where would be a good resource to turn to for who and what the Archfey are in 5e?
>>
>>55122118
So what's the problem?
Anyway, again it just depends on the situation. I understand bounded accuracy can make for some situations that don't make sense, but only if you actually have people roll in those circumstances.

But if you must roll...
And you want to make something more of a contest where it will favor the one who *should* win based off of averages, you can do the opposite and require more than one role. A classic example would be something like an arm wrestling contest.

>big burly fighter with 20 str and athletics vs rogue with no atheletics
>start in middle position, roll
>winner gains ground
>roll again, if player closest to winning wins next roll they win
Gives the weaker party a tiny chance to succeed, but ultimately is very unlikely.
>>
>>55122269
Once you have the arms you keep hold of the wrists, or cross the arms and wrap your hand around, then use your free hand to loosen the legs and slip your foot out. It's not that difficult if you're not a mouth breather
>>
>>55122235
Wasn't me, but yes. I do lift. And when my child attaches to me I do exactly what the other guy said and try not to hurt them while removing them.

Now, that brings up another point. I like bounded accuracy because in the case of unlikely events it tests my improvisation for coming up with a reason for why the outcome is the way it is.
>>
>>55122309
6 seconds
Child is holding on for dear life.
MOST LIKELY you can remove them. There's a chance you can't.
>>
>>55122041
Anyone have fun monsters or room ideas?
>>
>>55117508
>> Clock in an empty room with a lever, pull the lever and the clock ticks down. Pulling the lever resets the clock. Players panic and do crazy shit trying to figure out what to do. Once the clock ticks down, the door to the other room unlocks. Players will waste more resources than you think on this one.
That's clever, I like it.
>>
>>55122355
But the chance should arguably be lower than 1/3 for an incredibly strong athlete.
>>
>>55122382
What kind of mountain is it? Perhaps volcanic? Snowy? Both?

I like mephits.
>>
>>55122397
So you're assuming the child has 10 str?
You could also give them advantage because it's a child.
There's all manner of things you can do working within the current system to give them a better chance at dealing with something they *should* be able to deal with.
>>
>>55122355
really the problem is using a child in the scenario, if were, say, a goblin, you'd likely be able to punt that little fucker off of you, no problem, one swift boot to the face oughta do it since you don't give a shit about it's well-being. Children on the other hand, most of us instinctively will try NOT to harm them, which makes the task much more difficult.
>>
>>55122429
Right, I used that because we were talking about athletic contests. So it's a grapple and not a "fuck this thing, I'll smash it with my hammer."

Say it's a goblin you're trying to remove without smashing it. There's a chance you can't. It's very low, but there's still a chance. And I like that.
>>
>>55122041
In what way is this a reverse dungeon? A reverse dungeon would be having to guard a complex against invasion by murderhobos.
>>
>>55122458
ok let me put it this way then:
When I did martial arts, it was much easier to escape a grapple from my sparring partner than it was to escape a grapple from my much smaller and inexperienced girlfriend. Reason? Trying NOT to hurt my girlfriend.
>>
>>55122491
I understood him to mean they're ascending and not descending. Certainly not a "reverse" dungeon, but I give it a pass.
>>
I'm playing an arcane trickster and want to multiclass into bladesinger. The problem is I'd have to find a bladesinger in game and be taught by them for that to happen, and in my DMs setting the only bladesingers that exist are the wood elves that live in the forest. If it ends up becoming impossible, should I go divination or transmutation? It'll be a 6 level multiclass when I'm done with wizard
>>
Okay so I'm making this vampire race.

I'm taking the innate spell casting of the drow (taking out faerie fire for charm person and the cantrip for something)
I'm taking the sensitive skin from the drow
I'm giving the vampire darkvision
I'm reflavoring the lizardfolk bite and also adding 1d4 Constitution damage to the person who is bitten (the person who is bitten can restore this con damage by a long rest) representing drinking the blood
Weakness to radiant damage and resistance to necrotic damage

On top of all this I'm making a feeding chart:
After feeding you no longer have sensitive skin for 24 hours and all I'll effects are gone.
Day 2 of no feeding your sensitive skin comes back
Day 5 of no feeding and you take 1d6 radiant damage in the sunlight.
Day 10 of no feeding and everytime you're hit you have to roll a 1d10. If it's a 1 you go into a frenzy and lose control of yourself. You try to feed on the nearest humanoid or go on a hunt for them.

How does this sound?
>>
>>55122499
Sure, I don't think we're in disagreement.
And for this reason, if the child (or your girlfriend) were to succeed at maintaining the grapple despite you being much stronger, there's any number of reasons as to why this makes sense.

If you think you should be able to knock a goblin off more easily, perhaps. But they're also literal monsters and if one has a hold on you, they're not gonna let go willingly if it's in their interest not to. Which is why it's more effective to just smash the fuckers.
>>
>>55122542
Maybe replace the cantrip with friends.
To be honest I think the feeding chart isn't necessary. It will more than likely detract from your game. If she's not an evil vampire, iirc she was a hunter, let her eat the blood of animals.
>>
>>55122542
Ability score damage is not really a thing in 5e. If it was, 2.5 constitution damage per hit is absurdly OP (it means -1 max hp per level of the target).
>>
>>55122142
>>55122218
>>55122237
Thank you, will give that information to the creator.
>>
>>55122606
She can only do it once per rest. I just wanted to make feeding on say a willing party member dangerous

>>55122578
I just want to make sure she feeds but you're right. Maybe if she ignores feeding I'll start pulling some negatives out of my ass for her. I still like the idea of her feeding on humanoids nourishes her and allows her in the sunlight.
>>
>>55119488
I just do a fuckton of reflavoring for different weapons.
>>
>>55122702
>Allows her in the sunlight
This shouldn't annoy me but it does on so many levels.
>>
>>55122768
Ive always liked the idea of a vampire being allowed in the sunlight if they've got a full belly of human blood. Her bite does enough damage to kill most commoners as well so it's not without a cost
>>
>>55122516
Bladesinger is the only kind of wizard that would benefit you to dip into. Nothing the other schools give is as good as keeping up with your full amount of Sneak Attack dice.
>>
Any tips for first time DMs?
>>
>>55121970
A gnome who fights giants by climbing them
>>
>>55122843
After the session is over give each of your players a friendly blowjob
>>
>>55122825
I get going into sunlight but it shouldn't be completely free of draw backs other than "you need to feed first".
>>
I wish there were 2h dex weapons.

Glaive would make more sense as a dex wep
>>
>>55122881
She has disadvantage on attacks and perception checks. Damage is part of it past day 5 of no feed but I may be dropping that.
>>
>>55122843
Prepare extra shit just in case your players go off in a random ass direction you don't expect. Any encounters or maps you don't use can be recycled for latter so don't think they have to visit x location. Have a couple random NPCs named with a general description in case your players suddenly decide "hey let's talk to this random fuck nut".
>>
>>55122895
Reflavor it to do so then, IIRC the Katana use to be a two handed dex weapon.
>>
>>55122895
There are.
They're called bows.:^)
>>
New thread

>>55122964
>>55122964
>>55122964
>>55122964
>>55122964
>>
>>55122941

That wouldn't bs a reflavor though.

I hope they do a weapons revised UA to make some weapons less redundany, add more in and buff the more niche weapons
>>
>>55121523
I would argue a large part of that also comes down to the fact that the grown man is being really really really really god damned careful with the kid. There becomes a large difference in an opposed athletics combat roll versus an opposed athletics 'gently remove child from leg, or try to persuade it to let go'.

I would also argue that most people are not trained to deal with this. I imagine a child would have a bit more trouble latching onto the leg of a martial artist than, say, some random dude.
>>
What items and features should I put in a house as evidence of demonic rituals and summoning and spirits? I'm trying to make a mystery house for my players.
>>
>>55123071
Demons.
>>
>>55123071
Mysteries in RPGs are usually a bad idea. You either have to leave blatant evidence right out in the open (bloody pentagram on the wall) or hide it enough that they probably won't notice it (bloody pentagram on the floor that was cleaned up and had a rug put over it.) And if they don't follow your exact line of reasoning, they're stuck doing nothing or waste lots of time following misinterpreted clues.
>>
>>55121091
>lord of lost hope
My nigga
>>
>>55123265
>>55123095
I'll just make the demon pop out and start attacking if they take too long then.
>>
Can the Primeval Guardian Ranger just heal itself to full after every fight starting at level 7 by going in and out of the guardian form multiple times?

Also even though it seems like a cool frontliner, ranged will probably still be the best option for the Primeval Guardian, no?
>>
>>55123325
Yes, it technically has infinite healing with that feature.

Here's the fucking kicker: they put out an updated UA that made that feature once per short rest, but then took it down and uploaded the original one with infinite healing.
>>
>>55123292
What is your goal for this, anyway?
>>
>>55121918

Thank you! I look Forward to it!
>>
>>55123354
Evil demon worshiping cult is in the city but the authorities are unaware. PCs get hired to investigate mysterious deaths in a house which is actually one of the cult's safehouses. There they'll go on to driving the cult out if the continue the plot. Nothing really super special.
>>
>>55123520
That makes no sense. If it's their own safehouse, why did they rat out themselves? Who died, and what made anyone think they died in this house? What do most people think that house is, and what do the cultists want people to believe happened?
>>
>>55123700
Clearly the city watch is up to something and don't want this case to be solved. Why else would they hire ransom adventurers as homicide detectives?
>>
>>55123700
>Cultists try to summon demon
>Cultists fuck up cause they're a bunch of low level nobodies
>Safehouse gets fucked up
>Eventually the mailman comes by a notices the dead cultists and fucked up house
>Call the guards, guards are too lazy to do it themselves so they outsource
>>
>>55124236
So a pack of howling murderous demons got loose in a house but never maybe considered leaving the house?
>>
What do you roll when you want to use thieves tools? Just proficiency? Int? Dex?
Thread posts: 364
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.