[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Top 10 anime betrayals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: tenor.gif (2MB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
2MB, 320x224px
Has your party ever been betrayed by a long time friend of theirs? Either NPC or PC.
>>
>>55115494
I have posted this story a while ago, but here it is again.

So when I was just starting off in tabletop roleplay, me and my friends were having a great time. One of my friends, the DM, had this 'friend' who just sort of clung on him. His name was John, and he basically invited himself to our game. Everyone, me included, was alright with it as long as he wasn't a shit. Since I am telling this story on a thread like this, you know that was not the case. His first character was a warforged warlord. He didn't particularly care for logic or leadership as he claimed, instead electing to fuck an elderly lady after busting down her wall. Now, I thought he was just getting his randomness out since this was his first time playing; all of the group was guilty of this when they started as well, DM included.

But, the behavior didn't stop. Everywhere we went, he either broke something or tried to fuck it with his 'Specially crafted add-on'. After everyone got tired of this, the DM took him aside. I don't know what was said, but after that happened, John was now Co-DM. I'll explain that later. So, we finish the session we were in. Next session, John's sentient sex-bot 'mysteriously' touches an evil artifact. An ancient vampire lord turns him into a vampire for some reason, and whisks him away. After our characters mourn his loss for a second they do what they were doing before that.

Now enters John's second character: Creed. He was a shadowborn rogue, and ticked almost every stereotypical 'Shitty Rogue' architype you could think of except for trying to kill the party. Introduced this character after throwing Stitches at us. Stitches was a clown/juggalo edgelord with planet busting demonic powers who also happens to be Creed's brother. Guess who dreams of being a juggalo IRL? Go ahead, I am waiting... John you say? What would give you that impression?
>>
>>55116014
Cont.
So this juggalo shitter (Which I later discovered wasn't even an original idea, being 'inspired' by a fucking Netflix tier movie also called Stitches) throws a Balor at our low level party. The actual DM had to step in and Deus Ex Machina us out of that shit, and really looked disappointed.

Creed was worse than the warforged he made. He was just as sexual, but now was edgy as fuck, and given godly abilities from the DM. Before saying shit about the DM, please read to the end. So even with all the power that was bestowed upon him, things like a god form and infinite summonable assassins from a shadow guild, he still fucking sucked at everything. When we were on a secret mission to get Intel from a holy place, he does one of the following. Can you guess what it was?

A. Goes in sneakily and does what a rogue should fucking do.
B. Exclaims how religion is the for retards besides having a GOD form from MARRYING A GOD.
C. Fucking kills the setting equivalent of the Pope in broad daylight in front of thousands of churchgoers

Sorry, that was a trick question. It is both B and C.

Much later, he plays an NPC for the DM while his character is doing stuff. This NPC was supposed to guide us and be our friend through a strange land. He sucks at this job, and we get through by the skins of our teeth. We get to the artifact to beat our BBEG, but BBEG takes it first. He does the whole 'Join me' schtick, and guess who fucking walks over and sides with the fucker? Yup, the NPC being played by John. Our DM has had it at this point, so when we kill that fucking NPC, the DM not only does not stop it, he has the BBEG also kill the traitor since traitors can't be trusted.

That session was the last we saw of John.

Now for the part I learned after everything went down.
>>
File: Backstory 1.png (158KB, 1320x800px) Image search: [Google]
Backstory 1.png
158KB, 1320x800px
>>55115494
If you don't wana read the pic-related story (which doesn't actually have the betrayal part), it basically boils down the typical "I was just raising you as a replacement body" plot twist.

Or at least that's how it was supposed to go, but in the end the affection ended up going both ways and he couldn't do it after everything she gone through trying to save him.
>>
>>55116206
Cont.

Apparently outside of the game, John had a shitty life. He lived in a terrible neighborhood, had a shitty house, and really enjoyed coming to our sessions. He was very much one of those users who excuse their shitty behavior on their habitat though. He would invite himself over to the DMs house as a 'friend' and was basically a freeloader.

When the DM confronted him on his first character, he gave this whole sob story and promised he would change, the DM later told us. John basically abused the generosity and good heartedness of the DM to get whatever he wanted. He constantly 'suggested' fuck awful ideas that got put into play. Lots of the time, everyone else would have to fix the 'wacky' mistakes John caused. So when he finally took control of an NPC that was actually very plot related, something the DM worked really hard to set up for, and basically pissed all over it? Not only did he betray the characters, not only did he betray the group, but he betrayed the DM.

And he was done with his juggalo worshiping, supposedly Wican, fun stopping ass. It was the final betrayal.
>>
File: geisha betrayed.png (390KB, 938x1477px) Image search: [Google]
geisha betrayed.png
390KB, 938x1477px
>>55115494
ERPy
>>
Is it ever fair for a betrayal or some other tragedy to be nigh-unpreventable, or at least preventable only through dumb luck?

In my game, there was an important NPC who served as an informant for my character, and was my character's trusted sibling. Although they seldom met my character in person, they kept in touch remotely, gave intel, and told my character where to find more info.

Last session, this sibling told my character to visit a location for intel. (The GM prompted me to go there, twice, out-of-character.) Nothing happened there. My character then learned that the informant NPC killed another NPC, who was important to the game's overall story and one of my character's two best friends. My character was essentially lured away in a ruse, although this was not crucial to the traitor's plan; it was an extra precaution.

The GM let me know that there was foreshadowing that my character's sibling was turning bad and that, in theory, I could have picked up on such things. The GM pointed out all of these foreshadowings. My character was the only one privy to them. I missed every single one of them. They were all grounded in subtle social cues, and, as the GM knows, I am terribly autistic and unable to glean such nuances. I pointed out that many of them were too obtuse and long stretches, and the GM conceded that they were.

I also pointed out that there was no foreshadowing at all that the victim NPC was ever in danger, which the GM acknowledged. The traitor NPC never even brought up the victim NPC in previous conversations. Therefore, even if I did conclude that my character's sibling had gone bad, I would have had to leap to the idea that the victim NPC had to be placed under heavy security for a protracted period of a week or longer (because nothing was stopping the traitor NPC from waiting until the victim NPC was vulnerable, which was most of the time). The traitor took a pure stealth/disguise approach for the assassination.

Was this handled properly?
>>
Ill betray half the party in dh2 game tonight
>>
>>55115494
>fallout
>escaping a bunker in a vertibird
>asshole ghoul party member pushes out my character while flying low over sand dunes for a laugh, some petty revenge for some disagreement
>pilot doesn't notice until much later
>"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING? WE'RE STILL TWO DAYS FROM THE NEAREST TOWN. I DONT HAVE THE FUEL TO GO BACK"
>'oh.'
>my character has to march through the desert for three days with a half-full canteen and no food
>finally catch up
>10 INT
>10 STR
>0 patience for dis nigga
>force him out of the party at shotgun point after kicking his ass in a bar

we both thought it was hilarious. he wanted to switch back to his main character, anyways
>>
>>55115494
Does anyone have a screenshot of the game where the mage girl betrays the party to become a lich (spelled "liche" by the guy writing it) because she was dying of a wasting disease and they weren't doing anything about it?
>>
>>55116339
So what happened to his first two characters?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.