[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for a System with Psionics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1501359258629.jpg (102KB, 800x373px) Image search: [Google]
1501359258629.jpg
102KB, 800x373px
What's a system that allows me to be a cyber psionic, just like in System shock 2. where cyborg enhancements, rogue AI and aliens come into play.

Taking any suggestions
>>
File: RIFTS Crazy.jpg (107KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
RIFTS Crazy.jpg
107KB, 500x666px
>>55114617
Palladium RIFTS

That said, it's an older system showing its age. It's fun, but clunky and badly organized. Still, you can have naturally occurring psionics, get them from implants or even take a class with so many psionetic implants they go insane.

Plus there's borgs, from "guy with retractable, color changing hair" to GitS style "hidden borgs" to towering brain-in-a-bot warmachines.

A.R.C.H.I.E. 3 is a rogue AI whose plans for global conquest are on hold while it staves off endless alien invasions trying to take the planet that it so rightly deserves.

Plus dimensional portals keep dumping demons, bug aliens, dragons, gods, nanoplagues and everything else all over.
>>
In Stars Without Number, all of those can come into play. Although, psionics in the game are more natural than man made. It still contains all those gizmos for cybernetics and AI. Hell, for psychics there are pretech artifacts that amplify the powers of their users. There are rules for making AI and aliens. If you want to find more about the game, there are a ton of little free add-ons and pdfs. It is a sandbox system after all. Also good taste.
>>
>>55114617
GURPS.

In 6 years when you finish primary school you'll have enough brain power to play it.
>>
>>55114617
I think the best would probably be GURPS as it has a cyberpunk setting and rules for psychic powers. Alternatively, Savage World could be an option. It has a cyberpunk setting and psychic rules can be taken from Hell on Earth: Reloaded. Finally, ExMachina is a cyberpunk game where things are abstracted enough that you can integrate psy powers without problems.
>>
>>55114617
Go for GURPS. No meme.

GURPS Psionics and cyberpunk are both really good sourcebooks in their own right, and it's of the few systerm that actually touches on how integrating psionics with other high tech technology like the like psychic AI and telepathic interfaces.

Other than that Eclipse phase has an interesting take where psychic powers are a treated as infectious alien mental disease rather evolution or spiritual growth. But powers and the system on the whole kinda sucks.

There is psychic powers in Dark Heresy but that's more "Grim Dark fantasy in space" then science fiction. It has same magic system as warhammer. Complete with actual Demons and everything.
>>
>>55114617
Eclipse Phase

Humanity and Earth were basically wiped to within an inch of 'out' by AIs and their war machine.
You can be a psionic with weird mind powers
>>
Savage Worlds?
>>
>>55117692
I really would not suggest playing Savage Worlds. It is a badly designed system with terrible meta-mechanics that encourage not only metagaming but ending session early, it also makes it near impossible for characters to fail at anything. The gun mechanic are broken, and literally do not make sense. The only thing it is good for is being a miniatures wargame, and it even sucks at most of that. Exploding dice make stupid shit happen constantly, the damage is way overkill for 90% of the threats allowing characters to one-shot massive creatures with tiny weapons. On the other end, characters literally cannot fail, because they have three bennies per session which allow them to reroll whatever the fuck they want (not damage rolls, to be fair, but still). And the GM is told he is a piece of shit if he doesn't hand out more bennies for "good roleplaying" (in other words, stupid nat20-lolz bullshit). Also the characters get to roll a wild die with their normal roll and take the wild die if it is higher, thus making them even less likely to fail at anything. Not to mention the cancer of the bennies being basically a safe-space for retarded character actions, CAN and WILL spread to other RPGs you play with this group. Just count down the sessions until your character asks during D&D after failing a roll "can I have a bennie"? No, get fucked faggot. Failure is an important part of RPGs and Savage Worlds throws that shit out the window.
>>
>>55114890
And a kickstarter for the revised edition is just wrapping up. Seems good.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.