[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are vampire wizards so rare? I appreciate that liches are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Why are vampire wizards so rare? I appreciate that liches are better, but it's way easier and less risky to become a vampire. You'd think there'd be plenty of lazy wizards who took that route.
>>
I think all the vampires in Warhammer are wizards.
>>
>>55112945
strahd is literally a wizard and a vampire
>>
>>55112968
90% of people with a name in Warhammer are Wizards by some stretch
>>
>>55112945
I don't know what kind of shit setting you have, but the one my GM tends to run has some very powerful vampire wizards.
>>
File: necrach.jpg (266KB, 1280x900px) Image search: [Google]
necrach.jpg
266KB, 1280x900px
http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Necrarch
>>
>>55112968
Konrad Von Karstein would like a word.
>>
>>55112968
There are 5 sects of Vampires in WH and they're all magic users, yeah. Even mindless bestial Striogi have inante magical knowledge.

There are a sect of skilled sorcerer vampires (Necrarchs) though
>>
>>55112945
in the last segment of the campaign I'm currently running the party just defeated a sorcerer vampire lord, it just seems to make thematicl and mechanical sense. I think a Wizard vampire almost seems like some weeb fetish, you study magic, stay in and read your books - some dark charming stranger comes up to you with an offer of immortality or just bites you. At least in D&D I like my vampires more like sorcerers in that by virtue of being a vampire they are an inherently magical creature, or are already magical and becoming a vampire is the cruise control method of obtaining immortality
>>
>>55112945

>posts an inbred vampire.

Not like there isn't vampire casters in that setting.
>>
In what game? If you mean in M:TG then, yeah, it's weird how there's only 7 as far as I know.
>>
>>55112945
Different circumstances.

You get turned into a vampire and become a wizard because you have time. They're usually fucked up by accident, tragedy, etc.

You are a wizard and turn yourself into a lich so you have even more time. They were already fucked up and got more so on purpose.
>>
>>55112945
>but it's way easier and less risky to become a vampire.

I challenge you to a high noon garlic eating contest, over at the Cross Island in the middle of the Holy River.
>>
>>55112945
Probably because most people that are turned into vampires don't want it or at least don't have a say in it.

You are minding your own business when some asshole centuries old comes and turn you. Oh, and you are also his slave now.

In the other hand, lichdom is something you achieve by yourself. It fits the theme of a mortal that is so obsessed in obtaining power he gives up his soul in order to attain it, and that's evil wizard as fuck.
>>
>>55113153
>>55113168
>Vampire cavemen can use magic to some amount of effectiveness
>Konrad can't
That's sad and hilarious
>>
>>55112945
I have no issue with vampire wizards but
>lazy wizards
That seems antithetical to seeking immortality.
>>
IMHO because being a vampire means you still have the urge to feed and are thus enslaved by it, whereas being a Lich means you can say fuck it to everything except arcane studies.
>>
>>55113335
Fine. But this better not be a repeat of the stake eating competition. You assured me that the spelling on the flier was just a typo, but it was not.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.