[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stat woes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: 1501760100745.png (235KB, 480x368px) Image search: [Google]
1501760100745.png
235KB, 480x368px
>Have a very high constitution
>Get captured by the enemy
>They torture me forever because I can't die
>mfw
>>
>>55110759
But you'd have such a high save that the pain wouldn't bother you.
>>
Sounds like their torturers aren't very skilled if your high constitution is the only thing keeping you alive. A skilled torturers could keep almost anyone alive through the torture.

Having a victim think that they will die during the torture only makes it easier for that victim to resist.
>>
>Have 20 Int and 20 Wis
>None on this plane of existence even match me anymore, they all are like retards.
>Stage of despair
>Attempt to become one of the gods in order to have others to talk to who aren't brainlets
>They reject me
>/self
>>
>>55110759
>have literal lowest stats in all categories
>DM has to mercy kill me since I keep falling in traps and getting downed by trash mobs
>>
>>55110759
>implying you don't use your constitution to be stone cold and refuse to break under pressure

Ran with a 20 (18 base, +2 from racial) CON Barbarian at 1st level in a PF game where we were all playing pirates. After I survived three consecutive keelhauls, the majority of the pirate crew looked at me like I was some sort of demigod.
>>
>>55114595
>Sounds like their torturers aren't very skilled if your high constitution is the only thing keeping you alive.

d20s though - every 20th~ time a torturer tries to torture someone they accidentally torture themselves instead.
>>
>>55116473

>None on this plane of existence even match me anymore, they all are like retards.

There is a pretty non-negligible chance of losing to the int 8 village idiot. It's not high but it's not unlikely enough to be discounted either.
>>
>>55117734
>they accidentally torture themselves instead.

Sounds like these torturers are extremely unskilled.
>>
>>55117734
>it's another 1 must mean ridiculous LULZ FAILURE!
I hate modern D&D and faggots such as yourself.
>>
>>55117750
>int 8 village idiot
INT 8 is not nearly stupid enough to be merely dull, let alone remarkably idiotic. Overtly noticeable mental dysfunction starts at INT 3, and that takes a rather unlucky roll to begin with.
>but INT 3 is dumber than a literal housecat!
INT 3 human != INT 3 animal, and even INT 3 humans are capable of relatively independent living. Besides, long-term intellectual disability should be modelled as a persistent nonmagical disease, "curse" or maybe even loss of limb.
>>
>>55117774

It's worse for executioners.
>be excutioner
>put noose on prisoner
>step down from scaffold
>pull lever to open trap door
>natural 1
>neck yourself
>>
>>55117781
d20 is a shit system
>>
File: Redcloak.png (3KB, 79x121px) Image search: [Google]
Redcloak.png
3KB, 79x121px
Ooh, like in Order of the Stick. I've read that webcomic as well.
>>
>>55110759
>Not moaning loudily to make the torturers uncomfortable
>>
>>55117734
>it's one of those guys who like to laugh at the number 1
>>
>>55117972
Then stop talking about it.
>>
>>55118331
>the number 1

LOOK AT THIS NET
>>
>>55118357
THAT IVE JUST FOUND
>>
>>55117972
A natural 1 does nothing. You just don't succeed. A critfail is a houserule that stupid people use.

Also in a scenario like this a torturer could take a 10 as it's a routine activity with no penalty for failure (failing doesn't set a prisoner free or anything)

D20 might be a better system to you if you read the rules
>>
>>55118383
>nat 1 to torture
>the victim immediately cums, passes out from exhaustion and then dies with a stupid grin on his face
>>
>>55118383

yeah but if they take 10 then they won't be able to overcome the save - really what happens is that you should never need to torture someone more than 20 times because a natural 20 is an automatic success.

Which honestly doesn't seem too wacky - let's say a daily session of torture, that's 4 weeks of torture, barely a week if there's thrice daily torture sessions and a reasonable distribution of die results.
>>
>>55110759
>Have high WP and T
>Captured by Druchii corsairs

Pls no
>>
>>55118375
>>55118375

WHEN I SAY GO
>>
>>55118499
BE READY TO THROW
>>
>>55118503
GO
>>
>>55118256
>this guy moaned at least this loud
>>
File: Darkness.jpg (148KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Darkness.jpg
148KB, 720x1280px
>>55118256
>>55118404
Darkness pls go
>>
4d6 b3 for a game.

Roll 12, 11, 11, 7, 5, 5

Dm does not allow a reroll. Forced to play the parties shitty side kick.

Everyone else rolled an 18 for at least one of their skills.

Played a severely crippled wizard who isn't even bright.
>>
>>55117839
Literal housecats are Int 2. Sapience is defined as anything 3 or higher, below that is animal intelligence.
>>
>>55119724
Next time slap your gm with the part of the book it says that if you have a cumulative stat modifier in the negatives you reroll.
>>
File: IMG_0609.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0609.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>55118514
>>
>>55119724
Just suicide yourself in the first encounter. It's easy.
>>
>>55117734
You know, there was actually a scene like this in some Captain Alatriste novel.

>Alatriste has to torture some fucker for information.
>Sits down with him at a table in a dark room.
>Takes the lit candle that's the only illumination in that room.
>Takes it to the guy.
>Proceeds to pour the hot wax on his own arm.
>Doesn't even twitch.
>"If I can do that to myself without even reacting, imagine what I'll do to you".
>Guy starts spilling the beans.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.