[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Writing ideas for 40k: Monsterfolk it is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1503938882972.png (372KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1503938882972.png
372KB, 600x900px
After getting an idea from the thread about non-magical realm use of monster girls (or monsterfolk if you want both genders), I started considering idea of writing an actual story set in the universe based on few ideas.

So yeah I would love to discuss the ideas of how to put them in in somewhat cannon way (Probably as abhumans or mutants) as well as uploading some of my writing efforts hopefully.

P.S. I am not writing some sort of love story or anything magical realmy (Well in the plot at least) so don't worry
>>
Psst....I wouldn't mind some pictures as well
>>
It's far easier to make it an alternate universe where the Imperium is 100% monster people mutants.

It messes with some core thematic elements but your core concept has already established that you don't give a fuck about that.
>>
>>55107913
Well you could probably still put in normal world - after all both rogue traders and inquisitors have some weird people in there retenues and these could be mutants or xeno...

But then you say it I wouldn't mind creating some weird part of the universe with some grimdark monster folk based on same ideas 40k has - maybe even make something new?
>>
>>55107950

Rogue Traders do have weirdos on their team, but when you put in "monsterfolk" that seemed to imply there were going to be more than 1 or even more than 6 as central characters. You will create more problems than are necessary for a fun story w/ monstergirls and power armor.

Just do alternate universe.
>>
>>55108040
Well for now I was considering only one...But maybe I should just make an alternative universe or I don't know...Make small universe of my own? With few old colonies of humans in future that is not distant 40k with monsterfolk being the result of some scientists experimantal creatures left on some uninhabited worlds or just result of mutation?
>>
>>55108178

If you are doing one then it's just fine. In Rogue Trader you can have characters be Mutants in Character Gen. Pretty sure the Rogue Trader himself can be one, and those mutations get pretty wild.

Inquisitors might be a harder swing since I know that they will enslave Daemons but not sure about mutants. That being said I'm not sure why they would use one and not the other.
>>
>>55108261
Well yeah it's quite possible mutants are only used by radicals but then again - one could possibly become an inquisitor as well
>>
>>55108344
> one could possibly become an inquisitor as well

Make your own universe. This causes way more problems than you want to deal with.
>>
>>55108376
Yeah, I will, maybe I will make some art as well, but seeing as this thread's idea changed, shall we discuss the concepts how could monster folk come to life on distant worlds?

Could it be some experiment by few mad scientist?
>>
>>55107161
Should be abhumans, since mutants vary wildly from generation to generation.

A decent chunk of the underclasses of the Imperium are made of abhumans and mutants, since the bottom of the hive is usually full of radiocative leaks.

Even beastmen are mostly tolerated, and nothing says chaos worship like a beastman.

The article on 1d4chan lists all the official abhumans branches, natural or artificial, as well as one very interesting idea IMO, some DE haemonculus twisting an entire population just because.
(also works with a deranged magos biologis, newcron scientist, alien virus plague...)
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Abhuman

Ps : Imperial creed loathes abhumans, because of the "perfection of the human form" bit.
>>
>>55107161
Snek.
>>
>>55108423

Hell, the catgirl IG idea is basically fans running with canon.

You already have loyalist puppers as Space wolves, and dark eldar turning themselves into space elf birbs.
>>
>>55107161
That's one of the few sneks I can support
>>
As a person who has had a job, why not blame The Bureacracy? It's canon in 40K that it's massive and they've lost very large things thanks to rounding errors.

Have a sector of Monsterfolks that produces a lot of food and supplies. Have it be producing for so long that someone like the Admech thought the place was authorized, has paperwork that implies that, and that any attempt to 'deal' with the situation will face blow back. Pulling ships and people from places that need it would be hard to justify to te Bureaucracy, and there's too many entrenched people to really push it.
>>
>>55112674
I could see that happening
>>
>>55107161
So what would you think of the route of using some feral or feudal world? Seeing as then it could have some abhumans and said rogue trader could be someone exploring the reasons why these abhumans exist?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.