[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does your group fit into their world? Are they a band of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: dragonking.png (481KB, 439x792px) Image search: [Google]
dragonking.png
481KB, 439x792px
How does your group fit into their world?

Are they a band of murderhobos, special snowflakes, extraordinary ordinary?
>>
>>55105554
They're basically a group of gypsy travellers who run a tavern/hotel out of a pocket dimension in their carriage.

They somehow got wrapped up in a bunch of shit while on the way to return an artifact sword to it's rightful owners and are now facing down the ice fortress of an evil necromancer king.
>>
My party was essentially a almost rapist bard, an irish giant, sneaky gnome fella, and a cleric who couldn't remember her deity's characteristics.

We had a wacky adventure where we joked with a dragon, sold fantasy cocaine, lead a militia army, leave said army in the middle of a siege, and finally got lost on the highway between worlds.
>>
My group ended up going full murderhobo, but it was most peoples' first time playing tabletop, and a system that rewarded player invention pretty heavily. So when we said "let's crash this amazon blimp and frame an asteroid-based city state" it seemed more like a natural progression of events, and less like the Hindenburg version of 9/11 that we realized weeks later that it was. We were supposed to be spybots and instead we became terrorists
>>
>>55105554
Currently, they are relatively unknown mercenaries. However, if past performance is any indication, they will quickly run down the trail of Murderhoboism, become full fledged outlaws, be hunted down and killed by local law enforcement, to proclaim that this campaign is great and ask when I can make a new one so we can do it all again.
>>
>>55105554
what is that?
>>
They're the center of the story. I know some people hate that idea, but it's how I've always done it and my group enjoy it. The world exists in and of itself, but it's full of personal plot hooks, linking the players to events or to each other to drive investment, engagement and drama. This doesn't mean I coddle players- A good story involves struggle and strife, after all. I don't tend to kill characters, but I think it's a dull GM who can't think of something worse than death to inflict on a character, and it gets only easier to make them care about victory when they're already invested in the elements of the world that might be harmed by their failure.
>>
A bunch of runners doin runs.
>>
>>55108322
A dragon.
>>
>>55108443
are you sure? it looks more like an angry kangaroo to me, also I was asking for the source
>>
Most parties I've run tend to just be groups of people who were the Right Man In The Wrong Place. Turned up at a certain place and time and got embroiled by happenstance in the quest for the world.

Occasionally they're just soldiers following orders and trying to get by, and once or twice they've been the sworn knights and vassals of a powerful Earl or Duke.
>>
>>55108479
Dragon house hunting
>>
>>55105554
An embassy/royal trading mission for a barbarian (of the Germanic/Nordic kind, not the "rage and hit shit with an axe" kind) king, recently elected the king of several tribes, to the not-Byzantine Empire.
>>
Started off as a group of folks who all turned up for the same job offered by the city leadership, stuck together to do more adventuring because it worked.

Stumbling into various plots and events they're quickly getting pulled into a much higher level game being played by shadowy forces for control of the fate of civilization.
>>
>>55105554
Their just a group of semi-badasses whose paths crossed while they were all on the path to the same village. The cleric is probably going to be a murderhobo, the wizard is probably going to try to rape things but be extraordinarily ordinary otherwise and the barb will probably be a pretty awesome character. The game hasn't gone far but I expect they will become heroes of the land
>>
>>55105554
The Warrior Summoner is a high priestess of a nature religion and an accidental saint of a small Catholic sect. She's also a prominent public figure after she won the Imperial Combat Tournament in a spectacular way.
The Mentalist is a member of a fairly prominent noble family in his home province, who are most well known for their spectacular apple farm and charitable attitude towards the lower classes. They're less known for being friendly towards the Magus Order, as well as founding members of an order of psychics. In practice, the Mentalist is often overlooked, because the WarSum can't help but draw attention.
The Warlock doesn't exist.
The Weaponmaster is a terrifying entity, spoken of in hushed whispers by the people of Not!Asia. She is a dread being who is known to have defeated both the Golden and Silver Emperors, as well as the Dark Kami Yagarema. It is said she leads an army of Oni, in an unceasing quest for the largest battle she can find.

The WarSum and Mentalist are travelling companions, the Warlock doesn't exist, and the Weaponmaster is travelling solo, and waiting for the best chance to engage the others in a beautiful, savage battle to the death.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.