[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Type 5 Civilization

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: civilization.jpg (76KB, 744x400px) Image search: [Google]
civilization.jpg
76KB, 744x400px
My scenario is that a a type 5 civilization shows up to Earth, they are practically gods. They've mastered genetic engineering/medicine, know more about are biology than we do ourselves, mastered physics, etc. They can wipe us out in an instant, they are that powerful.

However, they offer us a proposition, they are humored by our nature, and offer to make us their pets, it's either this or face destruction if we can't drive them out.

Would you risk species humiliation or fight back for independence?

>a type 5 civilization is a civilization that controls multiple universes
>>
>>55100394
Look if you want a half life thread just say you want a half life thread

I'm still salty my half life like creation thread never got off it's feet
>>
>>55100394
>hey guys, what if we play half life but in a tabletop game?
sounds good to me famalam
>>
>>55100436
>>55100394
Of all the threads op could have duplicated he chose this one.

>>55100437
>Still uses Dyson spheres.

>Type 5 civilization
>>
>>55100437

How was this a half-life thread? I've generally been thinking about advanced civilizations after reading several speculative fiction novels and how they would react to humanity if they did not just ignore us.
>>
>>55100458
It's universal dyson spheres of course, duh. Built around a whole universe and exploiting the forces normally driving its expansion to produce energy.
>>
File: dataface.png (1MB, 1423x1066px) Image search: [Google]
dataface.png
1MB, 1423x1066px
>>55100394
What the fuck is a type 5 civilization?
>>
>>55100458
How do you get value out of a universe without enclosing everything inside Dyson spheres?
>>
>>55100663
Timelords.
>>
>>55100394
Are they sexy?
>>
>>55100862
Okay but what the fuck does that mean? Why is it a type 5 civilization? Why not a type 3, or a type 666
>>
>>55100394
It's a relatively easy choice, as pets we can learn/steal the technology they use eventually and then assert our dominance.
>>
>>55100881
Google it dipshit.
>>
>>55100881
They're refering to the Kardashev scale, which measures Civilizations on how much energy they use. A type 1 civ uses all the energy that reaches a planet from its local star, our current civilization is about 0.7 on the scale. A type 3 civ uses all the energy from their local galaxy... so it ramps up fast.
>>
>>55100904
>Type 0 civ defeating a type 5 with stolen gear.

We wouldn't even be able to comprehend it, a type 5 civ means it literally has conquered entire universes and is moving on to alternate universes. They could literally just erase earth.
>>
We'd be able to slow them down to some extent with nukes and razor wire.
>>
>>55100947
>moving on to alternate universes
I think by definition, every universe beyond the first is an alternate universe, so they've done that already. Maybe they could 'move on' to conquering multiverses, but you'd have to asspull a definition for what that means.
>>
>>55100981
This
>>
>>55100944
>They're refering to the Kardashev scale, which measures Civilizations on how much energy they use.
No they aren't, because the Kardashev scale caps out at Type III. What OP is doing is inventing his own scale and not defining what it means.
>>
>>55101620
>I'm not allowing any extention to the scale theorised by other people so I can be a pendantiv lil shit
>>
File: 1498512541951.jpg (103KB, 561x621px) Image search: [Google]
1498512541951.jpg
103KB, 561x621px
>>55100394
Subserve, chances are our lives will be exactly the same but we get invited to parties we're allowed to be dicks at.
>Send the bill to our alien overlords
>>
>>55100394
Are you going to be making this thread every day, or did you just forget that you made this thread already
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.