[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>wis >cleric >common sense ????

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: 1500221896142.jpg (47KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1500221896142.jpg
47KB, 600x800px
>wis
>cleric
>common sense
????
>>
>>55087207
Worshiping gods is common sense if worshiping them gives you the power to shit lightning.
>>
>>55087207
>>55087207

I see that you are back again shitposter-kun. How many months have you been at this now? It's really quite sad to be honest.
>>
>>55087207
>worshiping Gods
>in a setting where Gods are demonstrably real and can give you superpowers
>not common sense

Ok.
>>
>>55088228
>God literally gives you the power to revive your dead loved ones
Its more than common sense
>>
Common sense CAN be a part of wisdom but doesn't have to be for every person the same way physical attractivness CAN be part of charisma for a person but doesn't have to be.
>>
Clerics (and divine classes in general) use CHA in my homebrew.

Wis is for Primal type characters.
>>
>>55087207
>mental stats
>EVER
Ah, I see you are one sick twisted fuckboy as well.
>>
>>55087207
Clerics aren't trained in their powers, gods just choose to impart them where they want. Sometimes they know church stuff but they're often just really lay-people.

The best place for gods to invest powers is with the wise. That's all.
>>
The seperation between wisdom and intelligence is really, really vague and arbitrary.
>>
File: OP fag 2.png (321KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
OP fag 2.png
321KB, 480x360px
>>55087207
You have to go back, OP.
>>
Mental stats should be replaced with "magical aptitude" stats
>>
>>55087207
Yes, clerics are typically portrayed as being wise and practical, and having a lot of common sense. Thanks for noticing. Did you have a point, or was this just your first time observing this?
>>
>>55092903
Don't think too much about it, he's just fedoraposting.
>>
>>55092937
Yes, but he's really bad at it.
>>
More importantly WIZards don't cast from WIZdom.
>>
>>55093265
Empyreal sorcerer in pathfinder uses Wis instead of Int
>>
>>55093808
Meant Wis instead of Cha
>>
>>55087207
Mechanically, basing the effectiveness of any and all superpowers on a set amount of stats is kind of dumb to begin with. I mean, sure with wizard powers INT is a given, but some powers like sorcery or divinity honestly should be independent from any stats and just be, well, powers without any obligatory stats needed. Even Strength at a certain point should also be in itself a power in the realm of high fantasy (which is why I like Mutants and Masterminds)
>>
File: mynigger.jpg (168KB, 1033x679px) Image search: [Google]
mynigger.jpg
168KB, 1033x679px
>>55095029
>mutants and masterminds
>>
>>55087207
The entire cosmic point of deities is that thye're there to save you from the horrible realities of the nature of Alignment-less amoral lovecraftian hell at the cost of being a stereotype forever.

They're literally handholding you from an inevitable fate.

It's a common fact that people who don't worship deities or fuck with the alignment system end up with horrible fates or outcomes
>NWN2 MOTB CE - becomes Elder Evil just because you wanted to master your power, even if all your choices were good prior you still get shit for this
>Number of Vestiges who broke the alignment system getting ejected out of reality
>Wall of the faithless
>Ahriman/Asmodeus eating your fedora ass
>Getting caught and sold in the soul/petitoner trade
>Having your soul obliterated by [evil] descriptor spells
>Rastilin getting erased because he fucked with the alignment system

It's common sense for a slave to submit to it's master, either fight for this universe where Morality is an objective personality manipulating force that has means of cosmic influence, or get so fucked you set an example to everyone else as to not do it.

Or you become so Chaotic Evil and Right, you become a Great Old one, wreck Deity shit, and leave for a better game system.
>>
>>55087207
Oh hey Clericwisdomcommonsensefag, I thought you died. I was about to get really excited.
>>
>>55087207

In a world where religion is real. It would be common sense to worship a deity for your own benefit.
>>
>>55095029
You. I like you.
>>
File: b35.jpg (18KB, 353x334px) Image search: [Google]
b35.jpg
18KB, 353x334px
>>55087207
>>
I still don't understand why sorcerers are based on charisma
>>
>>55098508
>charisma = beauty
>beauty = good breeding
>good breeding = genetics
>genetics = blood
>blood = sorcerous power
Therefore, charisma = sorcerous power
>>
>>55098575
That seems like a lot of steps
>>
>>55098508
charisma lets you hype yourself up to tap in to your blood-given power
>>
>>55098626
That's because I showed my work for full marks
>>
>>55098508
I personally think sorcerors should be wisdom based arcane casters ... They sort of just intuit magic, which to me is hard to justify under the umbrellas of int or cha.
>>
>>55098508
CHA also represents your force of personality, your identity and how it shines through.

Sorc with CHA isn't casting spells by doing some sort of regular spell, he's doing it by forcing reality to bend to his whims.

>>55098653
Real men solve it in their heads without notes.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.